Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Trump ex-Campaign Chair Manafort sues Mueller, Rosenstein, and Department of Justice
+ Reply to Thread

Trump ex-Campaign Chair Manafort sues Mueller, Rosenstein, and Department of Justice

Manafort should be Attorney General.
    2018 is off to a hot start.
    SS

'Trump ex-Campaign Chair Manafort sues Mueller, Rosenstein, and Department of Justice
    Tucker Higgins
    Published 13 Mins Ago Updated 1 Min Ago

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has sued special counsel Robert Mueller, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and the U.S. Department of Justice.

"The actions of DOJ and Mr. Rosenstein in issuing the Appointment Order, and Mr. Mueller's actions pursuant to the authority the Order granted him, were arbitrary, capricious, and not in accordance with the law," the suit reads.

Manafort was indicted Oct. 27 on 12 counts related to unlawful financial dealings. He pleaded not guilty and has been contesting the charges. A trial is scheduled to begin in May.

The special counsel's office declined to comment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/03/trum...f-justice.html
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Whoops. Bet they didn't see that one coming. Discoveries and depositions should be very interesting especially if some have to be taken in GITMO.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

The most interesting discovery will cover the start of and source of the whole invesatigation.

I'm thinking a specific Judge may well try to recuse himself from LIFE after accepting Gen Flynn's "plea"....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

I read the Complaint and it looks good. However, I have not read the legislative history or am familiar with any precedent in the area.

The problem I see is even if he wins, Rosenstein would just issue a new order fixing the procedural problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Whoops. Bet they didn't see that one coming. Discoveries and depositions should be very interesting especially if some have to be taken in GITMO.
    Problem here is I don't see any discovery really-it is a pure legal question and I expect to be resolved on summary judgment.

God for Manafort. Sometimes the only way to deal with a bully is to hit them back between the eyes.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)