Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

USA Gun range owner who banned Muslims announces she will run for Governor of Arkansas
+ Reply to Thread

Gun range owner who banned Muslims announces she will run for Governor of Arkansas

-Republican Jan Morgan will challenge incumbent Republican governor in May
    -She says that Asa Hutchinson is too liberal and too soft on the right to bear arms
    -Ms Morgan created a storm two years ago by banning Muslims from her range
    -She alleged that Islam 'was not a religion' and should not be protected

By Alastair Tancred

Published: 05:17 EST, 3 January 2018

A gun range owner who in 2014 banned Muslims from her business as a matter of 'public safety' has announced that she now intends to stand for governor in the US state of Arkansas.

Republican Jan Morgan officially announced her candidacy at a New Year's Eve event in her hometown of Hope Springs, Arkansas. She will be challenging incumbent Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson in May.

Ms Morgan, who has served as national spokesperson for Citizens for Trump, created a storm in 2014 when she claimed Islam was 'not a religion' and should not be afforded protections under the US Constitution.

She agains drew publicity two years ago when she turned away a Hindu father and son from her gun range.

The men, of Indian descent, said they had arrived hoping to shoot but were immediately asked where they were from and told it was a Muslim-free range.

Ms Morgan has claimed that business is booming since her Muslim ban and that threats of a lawsuit by federal civil rights enforcers have failed to materialise.

In a bizarre blog post two years ago, she asked why she should 'rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?'

The shooting range owner said she made the decision after two customers she deemed suspicious visited. She said their furtive behavior and cellphone ringtones of 'Allahu Akhbar' prompted her to revise her range's policies.

Ms Morgan said she excluded from her range those she believes to be Muslim by assessing their names.

'We are dealing in lethal firearms,' Morgan she told FoxNews.com at the time. 'I'm not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.'

She added in her blog that she believed the Koran contains '109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror,' and claims threats on her life have been made by Muslims.

'I understand that not all Muslims are terrorists," she said at the time.

'I also believe there are as many Muslims who do not know what is in their Koran as there are Christians who do not know what is in their Bible.

'Since I have no way of discerning which Muslims will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their Koran, I choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons.'
    Comentators say that although Ms Morgan has already created a campaign website and has started to solicit campaign contributions for her 2018 push, she is not expected to unseat Mr Hutchinson who she has has consistently described as 'RINO' - 'Republican in name only' - on her Facebook page.

She has accused Mr Hutchinson of 'campaigning like a conservative Republican but governing like a liberal Democrat'.

In addition she has alleged that that the sitting governor of not sufficiently conservative on gun rights and not sufficiently combative when it comes to challenging sharia law.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-governor.html
    "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

WOW!

What's not to like?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    WOW!

What's not to like?
    I hear ya!

(and I figured you would be 1st!)

Cool an she's nice looking too!

Schwing!
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

O.K.,
    I know where Hope, AR, is. Also know where Hot Springs, AR is. Where is Hope Springs, AR?

Quote Originally Posted by cjoi View Post
    O.K.,
    I know where Hope, AR, is. Also know where Hot Springs, AR is. Where is Hope Springs, AR?
    A gun range owner who drew national attention for calling her establishment a “Muslim Free Zone” will run for Arkansas governor.

Jan Morgan, owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range in Hot Springs, made the announcement in a video posted to YouTube on Dec. 30.

In the Republican primary, she’ll challenge incumbent Asa Hutchinson, who was elected in 2014.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...#storylink=cpy
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...192535829.html

The article in the OP missed "HOT".

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    "HOT".
    I hear ya

In a bizarre blog post two years ago, she asked why she should 'rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?'
    That doesn't sound bizarre. It sounds like common sense. I wish her well in her campaign.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

This is gonna be interesting, and ugly before it's over but I will have to watch anyway. And somehow win, lose or draw I think that nice lady will still be just fine.
    All love is unrequited-Cmdr. Susan Ivanova //Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. - Capt. Mal remember boys and girls ATFTRAF I used to run with giants, now I wait to be zombie road kill.

Kinda makes ya want to move and vote for her.

She is positioned not as a uniparty R, but as a anti swamp candidate.

My kind of candidate.

And she was walking the walk , talking the talk and taking a stand for freedom long before she decided to run for office, unlike professional politician class.

XD
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Thank you, Millwright!

Trifecta! Good looking, gun range owner and a rider!
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

She came from media and knows how to play the game.

snip
    During her 27 years as a television anchor and reporter, Jan’s work won Associated Press awards in spot news, documentary, and best continuing coverage. Jan’s most recent work that is gaining national exposure is her investigative documentary, “Rampant InJustice.” Her article “My AR 15 is NOT an Assault Rifle” generated a firestorm in responses when featured on “The Daily Caller,” “Patriot Update” and JANMORGANMEDIA.COM
    http://janmorganmedia.com/

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Vtshooter View Post
    That doesn't sound bizarre. It sounds like common sense. I wish her well in her campaign.
    I agree, but you have to look at where the article came from.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Banning Islam is like banning fascism......if you've ever read the Koran........