Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TIP Fireworks, house fire and a friend of my son
+ Reply to Thread

Fireworks, house fire and a friend of my son

A friend of my son, whom he works with, had his house burned to the ground new years day. They determined that the neighbors, who were shooting off fireworks, started the fire with one of the rockets. His home was a total loss, including all of his tools and diagnostic computers (BMW mechanic).

While the house was burning, the crazy neighbors kept on lighting off more fireworks! What's wrong with people these days? The guy barely made it out of the house, has burns on his body and smoke inhalation. Not one neighbor even tried to help him. I hope those folks get charged with arson or something.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

And where in this benighted country did this event take place?
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I sure hope he has insurance. Those diagnostic tools can cost thousands!
    The history of civilization could actually be written by the level of its women ~Archbishop Fulton J Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    And where in this benighted country did this event take place?
    Cumming GA, north of Atlanta
    Last edited by Firebird; 01-03-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Cummings GA, north of Atlanta

Sigh.

America sure is hard to find these days. I feel for your son's friend, he will be remembering/discovering things lost in the fire he had forgotten about for years to come.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I should think when he gets done with legal actions he'll own the neighbor's house and have a major judgment that will impair the neighbor's finances for the next 40 or so years.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Around here, the brain damaged people feel the need to shoot their guns into the air at midnight on New Years. Whatever happened to honking your horn or banging a pot with a big wooden spoon?
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Sigh.
    Dumb people just suck. We've had debris from fireworks land on our roof.
    Hope your son's friend can get his due pound of flesh out of them, even though I realize that doesn't even begin to make it any better.
    eff 'em! People should go to jail for that kind of crap.

Given that they didn't stop, didn't try to help him, and kept firing them off, I'd say he's got a good case against them.

My Dad had one of his fireworks go astray years ago. He immediately stopped and made sure everything was okay. Fortunately for him, it did no damage. But he made the decision to stop doing fireworks at that location in the future in order to not risk it again.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Ironically I found a dead firework and some burnt grass in my front yard on new years day. The ground was bone dry but cold. That could have been interesting if the grass had really caught.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

Firebird please keep us updated as you find out more about what happens next. I was sitting at my computer New Years Eve with neighbor's fire works bursting in air over my house. I was wondering if they could be held responsible if my house caught fire.

Oil Filter mount.
    Oil Filter
    Misc size cast iron nipples
    Appropriate dies
    Cutting oil
    Angle grinder
    10-22 w/ high mount scope
    Patience
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

It was so cold up here this past weekend that they usual idiots who do fireworks didn't come up......lol. didn't miss our black dog freaking out one tiny bit. I doubt Sophie missed it either, lol.

Sorry to hear about the fire. The fireworks people ARE idiots. They set them off in the woods or their front yards which basically are the woods every year. The ones with a few smarts set them off over the lakes. The town requires a permit now to set them off. Unfortunately we are not town but the plantation....sigh.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

I hope to heaven you (or your neighbors) got SOMETHING on film (phone, etc) SHOWING them shooting fireworks toward the house, or showing the neighbor confronting them about their fireworks hitting his house, or SOMETHING to show the fireworks came from them, specifically. Otherwise, unless the fire investigators can conclusively prove it came from the neighbors' home, they may have a hard time proving it was THEIR fireworks that caused it, and it could turn into a 'he-said, she-said' fiasco.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Some idiot behind our house sent up at least 3 Chinese Lanterns that we saw--they drifted high and far, away from our house (Thank Goodness) but right OVER a church next door to us.

My sons were at a friends' home earlier in the evening and someone set off a Chinese Lantern that got stuck in a TREE---pretty nervous times there for a bit, until it went out...

Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Around here, the brain damaged people feel the need to shoot their guns into the air at midnight on New Years. Whatever happened to honking your horn or banging a pot with a big wooden spoon?
    I live down the road from a gun range.

There is no doubt whatsoever, that I heard automatic weapons
    being fired New Years Eve. I have heard lots of belt feeds,
    and it sounded exactly the same. Some of the big booms,
    sounded like sticks of dynamite.

It was the most intense, and noisy New Years Eve,
    that I can remember in many years.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    Last edited by Nowski; 01-03-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski