Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Apple to replace batteries on iPhone6 and later for $29 starting in late January
+ Reply to Thread

4 Apple to replace batteries on iPhone6 and later for $29 starting in late January

Just a heads up. Due to the recent battery kerfuffle, Apple will replace the batteries in iPhone 6 and later models for $29. That offer will remain in effect through the end of 2018.

Get in line kids! You know I will!

The last time I bought an Apple anything was a used iPad 2, because I needed a good camera that could email photos directly to my main account. I have no plans to buy further Apple until something goes wrong with this one. It's not been particularly useful, though didn't mind using it as an ereader.

I retired from iOS devices last year (phone) and this past spring (tablet). I’m using a Galaxy 7 that I hate (might actually go back to the iPhone) and a Surface Pro instead of the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I retired from iOS devices last year (phone) and this past spring (tablet). I’m using a Galaxy 7 that I hate (might actually go back to the iPhone) and a Surface Pro instead of the iPad.
    You know, I was considering a used, later-model Samsung phone. They have those dongles that can let you use the camera as an infrared device.

I absolutely hate the Android o/s. Incredibly laggy. Touch an icon and 5-7 seconds later the app starts. And that’s with nothing else running.

It was a big mistake (it's about enforced surveillance imho) getting rid of removable batteries. After being far more impressed than I expected with a Lenovo tablet I bought in America last year, and finding i needed a bigger screen for a more usable keyboard than had with an otherwise brilliant little motorola phone, I picked up a great deal on a 5.5" Lenovo P2 phone. 4gb ram 32gb storage, napdragon 625 octacore chipset, samsung super amoled screen. Nice bit of kit. My Only issue with Lenovo is they can be a bit iffy on Android version updates. I'm finding a 5.5" screen doesn't cut it for me now, so as I've had to give up driving, I've just ordered another Lenovo tablet for the much bigger touch screen keyboard. So I'll sell the P2 phone, and get a good value phone/phone - the Moto g5 with a removable battery (the Plus version apparently doesn't have a removable battery. I'll sell my recent Acer Chromebook as well and stick with touch screens from now on (I''ma bit gutted about the Acer, while adjusting wasn't as intuitive as I expected, it's turned out to be a brilliant bit of kit, it's just those physical keyboard keys I now have to leave behind.

The nice thing with Lenovo and Motorola, their sndroid is pretty vanilla, and they aren't bogged down with bloatware. That's what initially put my friend off Samsung phones Dennis, he started off hating his S5 I think it was, and now he won't consider anything else. He's just got an S8 (no removable battery though). Happy New Year All
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it isn't the end."

Wonder how much this will add to Apple's bottom line? (Any way - any excuse to make money)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Wonder how much this will add to Apple's bottom line? (Any way - any excuse to make money)
    It's an excuse Apple sorely needs. iPhone X sales have been sluggish at best, I hear.

I will never pay $1000 for a PHONE.

I absolutely hate the Android o/s. Incredibly laggy. Touch an icon and 5-7 seconds later the app starts. And that’s with nothing else running.
    Dennis, you wouldn't like my Smartphone, especially now that I have it encrypted. Plus I use App Lock. Every time an app comes up, I have to draw a pattern and I have to draw a different pattern to unlock my Smartphone. I learn to be patience.

Same here! But they're a lot like cars; if you're willing to use a three-year-old model you can get some hefty discounts.

Ya know, I was glad Apple didn't meet expectations. Apple didn't sell nearly as many iPhone10's as they hoped for. A $1,000 dollar phone is not worth it unless it's a phone made of gold and diamonds. Watch a YouTube video on the world's most expensive Smartphones. And these cost way more than the $1,000 Apple 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    It's an excuse Apple sorely needs. iPhone X sales have been sluggish at best, I hear.
    All over YouTube the Apple10 got a lot of bad publicity. The notch on top was a major "sore thumb". Plus you had to buy separately the fast charging pad and everything else. Even Apple Care was like $200. This really hurt Apple but no sorrow from me.

Your processor is likely being underclocked. Some Android versions have a cpu speed selector built in, or you can download one. Android is generally considered to be highly responsive and quick.

My processor is whatever it was set to at the time of manufacture. I shouldn't have to be a f'ing Linux expert to get the most from it. This is a PHONE, not a PC. I don't use it for a PC. I don't want it to be as complex as a PC. It uses a quad core CPU. Each core runs up to 1.7 ghz.That should be enough.

Galaxy S7 Edge

My processor is whatever it was set to at the time of manufacture. I shouldn't have to be a f'ing Linux expert to get the most from it. This is a PHONE, not a PC. I don't use it for a PC. I don't want it to be as complex as a PC. It uses a quad core CPU. Each core runs up to 1.7 ghz.That should be enough.

Galaxy S7 Edge
    Suit yourself. Have a nice day.