Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Buyer beware - Bryco / Jennings
+ Reply to Thread

Buyer beware - Bryco / Jennings

I learned a little about an American “classic” recently…..if you ever see a piece made by Bryco or "Jennings by Bryco", don’t even touch it!

A friend at church knows I tinker with some stuff and that I built a 1911 from parts. The Jennings 9mm he inherited from his FIL broke and he wanted me to look at it. He had ordered a replacement part but wasn’t sure about how to reassemble it.

The original part and the replacement were aluminum. I did some research on this brand before I ever saw the piece. Bryco /Jennings is the original Saturday Night Special! The 2 mags he has for this piece are worth more than the piece!

The slides on these are also prone to break! Lots of info on line and they actually look decent and they have a decent weight but if you ever see one just leave it alone – no matter how good of a deal it sounds!

Apparently Bryco has several other names besides Jennings that it's used over the years. If anyone here might be shopping, you need to educate yourselves on this brand in order to avoid buying a paperweight.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bud in Fla View Post
    I learned a little about an American “classic” recently…..if you ever see a piece made by Bryco or "Jennings by Bryco", don’t even touch it!

A friend at church knows I tinker with some stuff and that I built a 1911 from parts. The Jennings 9mm he inherited from his FIL broke and he wanted me to look at it. He had ordered a replacement part but wasn’t sure about how to reassemble it.

The original part and the replacement were aluminum. I did some research on this brand before I ever saw the piece. Bryco /Jennings is the original Saturday Night Special! The 2 mags he has for this piece are worth more than the piece!

The slides on these are also prone to break! Lots of info on line and they actually look decent and they have a decent weight but if you ever see one just leave it alone – no matter how good of a deal it sounds!

Apparently Bryco has several other names besides Jennings that it's used over the years. If anyone here might be shopping, you need to educate yourselves on this brand in order to avoid buying a paperweight.
    They are part of the Davis, Phoenix, Jennings, Bryco, Raven and other family guns. They made millions of them before being sued into bankruptcy. Each time they went broke, they started the next line in another family members name. The head of that group is currently in club fed for child sex crimes.

They had a very short average"Time to crime". That is the time from first sale to being found at a crime scene. They were in weeks to months while most guns were over 7 years.

drop gun

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    They are part of the Davis, Phoenix, Jennings, Bryco, Raven and other family guns. They made millions of them before being sued into bankruptcy. Each time they went broke, they started the next line in another family members name. The head of that group is currently in club fed for child sex crimes.

They had a very short average"Time to crime". That is the time from first sale to being found at a crime scene. They were in weeks to months while most guns were over 7 years.
    I'd love to be able to quote this information to an acquaintance. Do you have a link for any of it?
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

You must be mistaken. The home-canned Jennings .22 is the ULTIMATE survival piece. So sayeth the Gun Kid. And he would never lie, nor be in error.

(RR now ducks because of what he has started, a la GK)

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    I'd love to be able to quote this information to an acquaintance. Do you have a link for any of it?

other than the club fed guy - the rest is just common knowledge for anyone that lived thru that period ....
    Illini Warrior

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Industries

Here is a start. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Industries

I am in the gun business and know several of the people involved.

Davis, Phoenix, Jennings, Bryco, Raven

The favored content of police evidence lockers all over the nation ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    other than the club fed guy - the rest is just common knowledge for anyone that lived thru that period ....
    After looking at the time frame of Thinwaters links, I understand why there is a hole in my knowledge base. Over half of that time I was overseas working, the other part I was working in the states. My average week for all of the 90's was 82 hours a week. This is yet another Rip Van Winkle moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Industries

Here is a start. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Industries

I am in the gun business and know several of the people involved.
    Thanks, I've been able to back trace it from the references in those links.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

After looking at the time frame of Thinwaters links, I understand why there is a hole in my knowledge base. Over half of that time I was overseas working, the other part I was working in the states. My average week for all of the 90's was 82 hours a week. This is yet another Rip Van Winkle moment for me.

Thanks, I've been able to back trace it from the references in those links.
    Similar knowledge gap here! In Ak during the 70's and then 80+ hrs a week for years. I'd heard of "Saturday Night Specials" but I was probably at work when they named the company.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
    You must be mistaken. The home-canned Jennings .22 is the ULTIMATE survival piece. So sayeth the Gun Kid. And he would never lie, nor be in error.

(RR now ducks because of what he has started, a la GK) RR
    HE WHO SHALL NEVER BE NAMED!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Giving Japanese Baby Nambus (the pistol hand grenade) a good name since 1922.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

RELIC and I VERY MUCH enjoyed our Raven .25's lo these many years ago (Price BARELY made it to 3 figures, unless you were buying 2 or more at gunshows)... They worked, weren't a huge concern and were VERY li'l guns.....

Funny, with the advent of (IIRC Glaser) rounds in .25 they had some usefulness potential.....

I also at the time had offers for the complete wood-box version but wasn't smart enough to go up to $150 and (again brain addled) couldn't actually justify the supressor in that kit (which also included the ankle holster/sock top holster). Yes I knew some fun folks at the time.....one of my buds was on about pg 3 in Gene Hasenfuss's notebook....
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

Brycos have been going by Jiminez for about 20 years and new full size 9mm start at about $120.
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

I have an old Jennings .22 still in the box. A guy bought it for his mom back in the day for a home defense gun she could handle and she promptly put in in a drawer. He found it when cleaning out her house after she died. At least it still looks brand new and I'm surprised it didn't rust after all those years.