Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Nine-year-old girl is hit by bullet fragments after police officer fired two shots at a dog
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If the dog was in the house, it was doing what dogs are SUPPOSED to do -- protecting the house and it's family! I have a really hard time with anyone who would shoot a dog that is doing what dogs are supposed to do. Never mind all the other issues (missing the target, not being aware of what was behind said target, etc.). And then there is the issue of what on earth were they even doing going into the house when the woman who called, and the man who was called about, were both outside?!? If I was in that woman's situation, I would have done the same thing she did -- leave the child and the dog in the house, where they SHOULD have been safe, and get the threat outside where the police can deal with him when they get there. I don't understand why they even went in the house in the first place, let alone tried to kill the family dog!!

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    In my 20 years in law enforcement, in a 60+ man department, not one single officer ever shot a dog. I guess we were just that good.
    Well, the Wichita PD officer can jump on that bandwagon too - since he missed (everything but the young girl).

Quote Originally Posted by HeyU View Post
    I thought about that but can you hit a dog from a bicycle with one hand and miss the kid chasing the dog?
    It wouldn't matter if you were a Wichita cop, apparently.......

Quote Originally Posted by BornFree View Post
    I do have to say that it does not take a rocket scientist to see that dog has a lot of "Pit" in it. I think the Mixed breed thing is a farce. Pit owners are even using that description now to get around insurance company requirements.
    Dog looks like the neighbor's dog that is an Australian Shepherd mix. Head is to slender for a pit. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    In my 20 years in law enforcement, in a 60+ man department, not one single officer ever shot a dog. I guess we were just that good.
    I am glad to hear this. And that's the truth. The old timey cops were a different critter than these new ones coming in now.
    "You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end which you can never afford to lose with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be." VADM James Stockdale, USN (1923-2005)

I've always said.

There's a difference between being a GUARDIAN and being a WARRIOR.

Today's police are ex-military and are taught to be warriors. This is the problem with today's police force.
    Gammas stand apart, staking out and defending their space, finding their own mate, showing no interest in dominating the Betas.

Essentially, they avoid all but necessary, cautious interaction with Alphas and Betas.