Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED "No one CARES if you go home at the end of your shift"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"No one CARES if you go home at the end of your shift"

(Real Life Doers' Language used here)

H/T Knuckledraggin

I find my feelings on "Ever-body goes home safe" to have changed a LOT, and not in what would pass for a 'good' way.

From "The Sacred cow Slaughterhouse"

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/bl...php?itemid=441

Here at the house, I have a couple of decades plus of military experience. I have tools to dig in or out of natural disasters. I have extinguishers and hoses. I have a field trauma kit and bandages. I have weapons both melee and firearm. I know how to use them. I know how to trench, support and revet. I understand the fire triangle and appropriate approaches. I understand breathing, bleeding and shock. I know how to detain, restrain and control. I have done all of these at least occasionally, professionally. I've stood on top of a collapsing levee in a flood. I've fought a structure fire from inside so we could get everyone out before the fire department showed up, which only took two minutes, but people can die that fast. I've had structures collapse while I was working on them. I've been in an aircraft that had a "mechanical" on approach and had to be repaired in-flight before landing. I've helped control a brush fire. I've hauled disabled vehicles out of ditches in sub-zero weather.

My ex wife has over a decade or service and some of the same training.

We have trained our young adult children.

My wife is a rancher who knows her way around a shotgun, livestock, sutures and tools, hurricanes and floods, and works in investigations professionally.

Our current houseguest is another veteran.

This means if anything happens at the house--and last year we had a lightning strike, a tornado and a flood within 10 days--we're pretty well prepared.

Now, we're probably better off than 95% of the households out there. The level of disaster that necessitates backup varies.

If we find it necessary to call 911, it means the party is in progress and it's bad.

You will probably not be going home safe at the end of your shift.

And you know what? If it gets to that point, I really don't give a shit. I don't give a shit if you get smoked. I don't give a shit if you fall under a tree. I don't give a shit if you get shot at.

Because at that point, I've done everything I can with that same circumstance, and run out of resources.

If my concern was "you going home safe," then I'd just ****ing hunker down and die. Because I wouldn't want that poor responder to endanger himself.

Except...that's what I pay taxes for, and that's what you signed up for. Just like I signed up to walk into a potential nuke war in Germany and hold off the Soviets, and did walk into the Middle East and prepare to take fire while keeping expensive equipment functioning so our shooters could keep shooting.

There's not a single set of orders I got that said my primary job was to "Come home safe." They said it was to "support the mission" or "complete the objective." Coming home safe was the ideal outcome, but entirely secondary to "supporting" or "completing." Nor, once that started, did I get a choice to quit. Once in, all in.

When that 80 year old lady smells smoke or hears a noise outside her first floor bedroom in the ghetto, she doesn't care if you go home safe, either. She's afraid she or the kids next door won't wake up in the morning.

If I call, I expect your ass to show up, sober, trained, professional. I expect you to wade in with me or in place of me, and drag a child out of a hole, our out from a burning room, or actually stand up and block bullets from hitting said child, because by the time you get there, I'll have already done all that. And there will be field dressings, chainsawed trees, buckets and empty brass scattered about.

I don't want to hear some drunk and confused guy squirming on the ground playing "Simon Says" terrified you so much you had to blow him away. I don't want to hear that some random guy 35 yards away who you had no actual information on "may have reached toward his waist band. Or that "the tree might fall any moment" or that "the smoke makes it hard to see."

Near as I can tell, I don't hear the smokejumpers, or the firefighters, or the disaster rescue people say such things.

But it's all I ever hear from the cops. If you and your five girlfriends in body armor, with rifles, are that terrified of actually risking your life for the theoretically dangerous job you volunteered for and can quit any time, then please do quit.

You can get a job doing pest control and go home safe every night.

Until a bunch of ****ing pussies with big tattoos, small dicks, body armor and guns blow you away for minding your own business.

Because what you're telling me with that statement is, your only concern is cashing a check. That's fine. But if that's your concern, don't pretend you're serving the public. If you wanted to help people at risk of life, you would be a firefighter, running into buildings, dragging people out, getting scorched regularly.

If you're cool with writing tickets, then there's jobs where you can do just that.

If you want to tangle with bad guys and blow them away, fair enough. But understand: That means they get to shoot first to prove their intent, just as happens with the military these days. Our ROE these days are usually "only if fired upon and no civilians are at risk."

If your plan is "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more, then if anyone is still alive try to ask questions," and bleat, "But I was afeard fer mah lahf!" you're absolutely no better than the thugs you claim to oppose. All you are is another combatant in a turf war I don't care about.

Since I know your primary concern is "being safe," then I'll do you the favor of not calling. Cash your welfare check, and try not to shoot me at a "courtesy" sobriety checkpoint for twitching my eye "in a way that suggested range estimation."

If you're one of the vanishingly few cops who isn't like that, then what the hell are you doing about it? If there's going to be a lawsuit costing the city millions, isn't it better that it be a labor suit from the union over the clown you fired, than a wrongful death suit over the poor bastard the clown shot? Both are expensive, but one has a dead victim you enabled. So how much do you actually care about that life?

How is the training so bad that it's not clear who is the scene commander who gives the orders?

How is it that trigger happy bozos who, out of costume, look no different from the gangbangers you claim to oppose, get sent up front to fulfill their wish of hosing someone down because "I was afraid for my life!"?

Why does the rot exist in your department?

If you can't do anything about it, why are you still in that department?

At some point, collective guilt is a thing.

You've probably not been a good cop for a long time.

And I still don't care if you go home safe. I care that everyone you purport to "serve and protect" goes home safe.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    try not to shoot me at a "courtesy" sobriety checkpoint for twitching my eye "in a way that suggested range estimation."
    Does this refer to a real incident?

I agree. I hold police officers to the same standard as everyone else. Them assuming that everyone is ready to blow them away is very dangerous. It'd also dangerous to them. The public doesn't support public executions, and that makes them fear the police.

Well done.

Anyone over the age of 55 can probably testify to the societal moral plunge, and the effect it has had on the average quality of human in service jobs.

Red and-or Jackboot suddenly becomming the knew Red White & Blue? No. It’s been long in the making.

The bottom line. All by design. Societal Engineering by the best change agents money could buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    You'd have to ask the writer.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Well said. The first responders supposedly signed up to help folks, not for a cushy job with early retirements and a fat lifetime retirement check.
    Some do, a significant portion not so much.
    In Honor of T/S R.L. Hare (Chief Sly)and the members of 322 BS

I pulled off I-5 in Shasta County where a gradual grade in all likelihood catches those diesel passenger trucks with no engine back compression. Hence a gradual unnoticed speed up on the Odometer.

Pulled off the Interstate probably one too many right turns for the CHP Officer. His approach was too cautious. He didn’t sense fear in me as I maintained eye contact with him, even as I had both hands on the wheel.

No more than five seconds of his approach ensued into our uni-stare. BOOM!!!!

Right where 99% of the lemmings would have pulled over, a T-Bone traffic accident occurred, sending the Officer into a quick quarter turn of observation, returning his gaze to me. I had already called out “Jesus” not out of excitement, but as in invoking his name for any potential victims.

I told the Officer, “this is WHY I took that extra turn” but withheld saying ‘so he could go home safe at the end of the shift.’

CA HWY PATROL are pretty high tone well trained individuals. I saw this Officer perform top notch that Winter day in 2008.

I take the range estimating eye twitch comment of the author above as his cynical and creative writing style, but wouldn’t put it past some of these Gen-3 Rambo’s, still on a video game high from their childhood from three years earlier.

-- https://westernrifleshooters.files.w...good-shoot.jpg

AAAaaand the bodycam video is out on the SWATting shoot.

From across the road.

With an M-4 or the like.

But Officer Safety went home at the end of his shift by God.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Thanks for posting...this is pure gold!

I see the usual cop haters are at it again.

I don't want to hear some drunk and confused guy squirming on the ground playing "Simon Says" terrified you so much you had to blow him away. I don't want to hear that some random guy 35 yards away who you had no actual information on "may have reached toward his waist band. Or that "the tree might fall any moment" or that "the smoke makes it hard to see."
    But it's all I ever hear from the cops. If you and your five girlfriends in body armor, with rifles, are that terrified of actually risking your life for the theoretically dangerous job you volunteered for and can quit any time, then please do quit.

You can get a job doing pest control and go home safe every night.
    Pure Gold!

That really needed to be said.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    I see the usual *criminal haters are at it again.
    Fixed it for ya. I love me some laws. They're for everyone. The moment an agent of the state starts committing crimes and claiming whatever moral superiority they have sunk lower than 'common' criminals. They are now a gang. A racket, a conspiracy. Cops *are* cops, for as long as they follow the laws we are ALL bound by... On step over that line and they crossed from lawful government employee, skipped over the "citizen and criminal" categories, and landed squarely in "Enemy of freedom, traitor to country." They shit on the memory and honor every soldier, honest statesman, and cop who ever wore the uniform. They should be pushed out or killed by the supposed good cops... but I guess we know why they aren't.

...you were sayin about criminals??...
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

I'm a former Army Military Police Lieutenant. And the OP is right. This garbage of "going home safe" is resulting in innocent citizens, the ones to be protected and the ones paying the bill, getting shot way too much. If any officer isn't willing to put mission above "going home safe," than he/she needs to turn in their badge and go home safe, once and for all.

It isn't the cops, dude.

It's the pussies behind a badge that give cops a bad name. Not to mention the "good cops" who put up with that shit.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    My view is that most cops HAVE changed because they had to. I was watching the musical West Side Story and when it came time for the "rumble", I was laughing. Knives, chains and baseball bats were the weapons of choice. The warring groups met at a designated spot to settle grievances. And then ran when they thought Officer Krupke and company were showing up. My, how things have changed! Rumbles are replaced with drive-byes. While knives might still be used along side the gun, chains and bats would be laughed at. Any law enforcement responding might very well find themselves being used as target practice by both warring parties. The mindset of most thugs is that anyone wearing a badge is just as much the enemy as the rival gang. I blame the home. Respect for authority was never, ever taught.

While both EMT and fire fighters are brave, hard working and take their chosen profession seriously, they don't go into situations in certain areas until the police have secured the area. So why would anyone go into law enforcement? I dunno! Personally, I think you have to be some kind of crazy and maybe that's the problem. It's like being a Marine or in special forces. You know what you are getting into but you still sign up because someone has to do it. But at the end of the day, you still want to go home.

I am following the Law Officer group on Facebook. I got interested because the local sheriff's office had a link. EVERY DAMN DAY there is a posting about another LEO being shot in the line of duty by a thug or crazy. Often they get to come home...not always in the same capacity as when they left. But sometimes, they don't. I really don't think people realize how very common that is. We only get to hear when fine upstanding citizens like Mike Brown and Treyvon Martin are shot by the cops.

Flame away....
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

"I don't want to hear that some random guy 35 yards away who you had no actual information on "may have reached toward his waist band."

This portion sounds like he's referring to the "swatting" incident that occurred in Wichita, KS a few days back.
    We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it. --Patrick Henry

So today is not a good day for me to read this crap. Last night I was at a service for the fallen Douglas County sheriff's deputy. He was a godly 29 year old man, with a wife and two little girls. He adored his God and his family, and had left banking and finance to become a cop because he wanted to help people. He was shot when he was trying to talk a deranged man off the figurative ledge. Much of the service was about the God he loved, but the media left that part on the cutting room floor. The only words that our pastor said that were covered on the news was "this sucks", taken completely out of context.

And the perp's "roommate" (so called by the media) was actually his gay lover, and the perp was ranting about the restraining order he was unable to get (that part wasn't mentioned in the service, but could be picked up in the background of some of his periscope that the media played).

Sorry for the rant, but my heart breaks for this family. I get online and read all of the political commentary, I see the complete misrepresentation of things by the media, and I get angry. I confess I have been just as quick to gobble up these things before, but this time I'm face to face with the reality of what happened, and I feel in my gut that there are real people involved in these tragedies, and everyone (both those I agree with and those I disagree with) just want to babble on about their agenda.

Again, sorry for the rant. As Josie said...flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I'm a former Army Military Police Lieutenant. And the OP is right. This garbage of "going home safe" is resulting in innocent citizens, the ones to be protected and the ones paying the bill, getting shot way too much. If any officer isn't willing to put mission above "going home safe," than he/she needs to turn in their badge and go home safe, once and for all.
    I can see both sides of it and so can MOST people here if they will look at it UNEMOTIONALLY. just to lay it out there -

ALL COPS should follow ALL LAWS ALL THE TIME- and when they don't they should be SEVERELY PUNISHED

EVERYBODY should be able to recognize the anti cop agenda of MSM and it should be stopped IMMEDIATELY

EVERYBODY should recognize that SOFT body armor DOESN'T stop high velocity rifle rounds and these guys get ambushed with increasing frequency - even while sitting in their cars. so unless these guys are supposed to walk around in steel and ceramic plates, that body armor argument in the OP is BULLSHIT

ALL of us should be able to recognize that there ARE BAD COPS and they ARE DANGEROUS to ALL OF US . . . but there are also those here who get "upset" when somebody uses the word NIGGER even when it's READILY APPARENT that term is not only QUITE ACCURATE but RIGHTEOUSLY DESERVED. in point of fact NIGGERS (and some "others") ARE OPENLY HUNTING COPS in many areas and lately there doesn't seem to be any bag limit or closed season . . . hell in Dallas they can't even find people TO BE cops.

all that to say I wouldn't have that job - not for all the tea in China - and I doubt that most here would want it either. in short:

I DON'T DISMISS BAD COPS ANY MORE THAN I DISMISS ANY OTHER BAD ACTOR - BE THAT POLITICIAN JUDGE LAWYER DOCTOR

we need to realize that the OP is written from the perspective a HIGHLY TRAINED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL PREPARED INDIVIDUAL - he/she/they/it quite probably represent less than .5% of the populace IF THAT MANY. we need to get back to logic, common sense, respect and personal responsibility in this country - and we need to quit blaming everyone else for the single biggest short coming of POP USA -

ACCEPTING THE STATUS QUO

OK then - rant off - and please - feel free to send me a bill for the psyche consult
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

dupe - deleted
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by lurklady View Post
    So today is not a good day for me to read this crap. Last night I was at a service for the fallen Douglas County sheriff's deputy. He was a godly 29 year old man, with a wife and two little girls. He adored his God and his family, and had left banking and finance to become a cop because he wanted to help people. He was shot when he was trying to talk a deranged man off the figurative ledge. Much of the service was about the God he loved, but the media left that part on the cutting room floor. The only words that our pastor said that were covered on the news was "this sucks", taken completely out of context.

And the perp's "roommate" (so called by the media) was actually his gay lover, and the perp was ranting about the restraining order he was unable to get (that part wasn't mentioned in the service, but could be picked up in the background of some of his periscope that the media played).

Sorry for the rant, but my heart breaks for this family. I get online and read all of the political commentary, I see the complete misrepresentation of things by the media, and I get angry. I confess I have been just as quick to gobble up these things before, but this time I'm face to face with the reality of what happened, and I feel in my gut that there are real people involved in these tragedies, and everyone (both those I agree with and those I disagree with) just want to babble on about their agenda.

Again, sorry for the rant. As Josie said...flame away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    My view is that most cops HAVE changed because they had to. I was watching the musical West Side Story and when it came time for the "rumble", I was laughing. Knives, chains and baseball bats were the weapons of choice. The warring groups met at a designated spot to settle grievances. And then ran when they thought Officer Krupke and company were showing up. My, how things have changed! Rumbles are replaced with drive-byes. While knives might still be used along side the gun, chains and bats would be laughed at. Any law enforcement responding might very well find themselves being used as target practice by both warring parties. The mindset of most thugs is that anyone wearing a badge is just as much the enemy as the rival gang. I blame the home. Respect for authority was never, ever taught.

While both EMT and fire fighters are brave, hard working and take their chosen profession seriously, they don't go into situations in certain areas until the police have secured the area. So why would anyone go into law enforcement? I dunno! Personally, I think you have to be some kind of crazy and maybe that's the problem. It's like being a Marine or in special forces. You know what you are getting into but you still sign up because someone has to do it. But at the end of the day, you still want to go home.

I am following the Law Officer group on Facebook. I got interested because the local sheriff's office had a link. EVERY DAMN DAY there is a posting about another LEO being shot in the line of duty by a thug or crazy. Often they get to come home...not always in the same capacity as when they left. But sometimes, they don't. I really don't think people realize how very common that is. We only get to hear when fine upstanding citizens like Mike Brown and Treyvon Martin are shot by the cops.

Flame away....

TELL IT LADIES!!!

This portion sounds like he's referring to the "swatting" incident that occurred in Wichita, KS a few days back.

Kinda helps if you READ THE THREAD ... see post #8.
    ================

Links and video at the site. Badge lickers best keep away.
    ------------------------------

https://thirstyville.wordpress.com/2...his-waistband/

America: A Reflection Of The People
    Cops: Another Case Of He Reached For His Waistband
    Published on December 30, 2017

Warning Graphic Content: Wichita Police Department releases the body camera video of officer-involved shooting. Police say the man shot was a victim of swatting.

Family says son killed by police in ‘swatting’ was unarmed
    Video here. Enlarge it and watch very carefully. Note the cops are all across the street in cover behind vehicles. Watch the lower left hand of the video and note the muzzle of the M4 and muzzle blast.

When officers arrived at the scene, Finch opened the door for the officers. As police told him to put his hands up, Finch moved a hand toward the area of his waistband – a common place where guns are concealed. An officer, fearing the man was reaching for a gun, fired a single shot. Finch died a few minutes later at a hospital and was found to be unarmed, Livingston said.

That cop murdered my son over a false report in the first place
    And there it is, once again. Moved a hand toward the AREA of his waistband. I also note, that anytime I raise my hands, to any level, and drop my hands back down… guess where my hands are.

The cops in Wichita showed up at the house and shot an unarmed man who came to answer the door. The police, of course, claim that he “moved a hand toward the area of his waistband” as justification for shooting him.

So what if he did?

Let me remind you that:
    There was no probable cause or justification to shoot him — period.

Remember, even when innocent, any and all furtive movements, no matter how benign, even when cops don’t ACTUALLY see a weapon, can and will be used by cops to execute you.
    Now, if you watched the linked video of the cop shooting an unarmed man… from across the street, because he “moved a hand toward the area of his waistband”, compare that video with drawing from concealed waistband carry:

The above is an actual reaching into your waistband to retrieve a gun. A huge difference from “moved a hand toward the area of his waistband”, isn’t it?

If you are a concealed carrier, and not cop, do not do what these cops do. Because you will go to prison.

Remember this?

Don’t tell me this cop wasn’t playing up “My authority”. The, “I think I’ll make him crawl like a dog authority.” The, “I’ll set him up for failure authority.” The, “One furtive movement authority.” The, “His pants are falling and he reached authority.”

Bump

Try aware citizens,fits much better.

And the cop-suckers are here too. Takes two to tango. We have this stark polarization between one faction who categorically hates cops and the other who thinks that cops can do no wrong. A vast wasteland of reality and truth lies between them.

"No one CARES if you go home at the end of your shift"

Actually, most of us do.

But most of US want to go home alive at the end of YOUR shift, too.

So, let's get real here. Could you maybe damp down the gunplay until your job is more dangerous than, say, the guy who mows lawns and weeds flowerbeds?
    =====================

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-most.../american-jobs

The Most Dangerous Jobs in America
    List Rules
    Careers that cause the most deaths on the job

A list of the most dangerous jobs in America. These are the jobs in the United States that have the most fatalities. Every jobs has its risks, and while only a few people out of a hundred thousand might not sound like much, consider how many people in most professions actually die as a direct result of their work. If you enjoy living on the edge then these might be the careers for you. The salary for a job like this might not be great, but the adrenalin will certainly be a perk. As this list shows, danger can be found in all sorts of different fields.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...dangerous-jobs

Fisherman
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 127 (42 in 2011)

Logger
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 104 (65 in 2011)

Airplane Pilot
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 56 (71 in 2011)

Farmer/Rancher
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 26 (268 in 2011)

Construction Laborers
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 16 (191 in 2011)

Sanitation Worker
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 36 (30 in 2011)

Roofer
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 34 (60 in 2011)

Structural Iron and Steel Workers
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 30 (18 in 2011)

Oil and Gas Driller
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 24

Merchant Mariner
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 23

Truck driver
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 25 (774 in 2011)

Power Line Installer
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 20 (26 in 2011)

Coal Miner
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 13 (17 in 2011)

Grounds Maintenance Workers
    Number of Deaths per 100,000 Workers: 17 (183 in 2011)

The problem with stories like this is they are based on the big stories of ass hole cops that make the news for doing spectacularly stupid things that many of them should be jailed for life for doing.

I worked corrections before I was a cop. I trained at a state prison before going to work in a county jail. The prisons are FULL of some very bad ass holes that 99.9% of the population could never handle on their own without the cops. These scum are huge predators who killed, robbed and raped their way into State prison. They did not get there voluntarily, someone had to step up and lay hands on them. I can promise you, keyboard commando shit talking wont work in these situations.

I was a crime scene technician and detective for many years. I put away many murders from my work and personally hunted several of them down and laid hands on them to take them in. I had one other cop with me when a guy we were hunting for an execution/ambush murder showed up in a parking lot in the dark at a closed bar. I jumped out on him and was able to arrest him just by making him 100% sure that he was about one second from dying if he tried anything stupid. He had nothing to lose and I went home safe at the end of my shift, no shots fired and not even a single punch was needed. This is the norm for 99.9% of situations.

I saw things done to children that I cant even tell my wife about because the thought of it would give her nightmares. I made airtight cases on the perps who will die in prison and will never harm another child.

I know many here feel they can handle any situation without the cops and that is great. If more people could or would step up and take care of themselves and families it would reduce the need for cops, but that is not the reality. Most people could not fight off a mean 15 year old, much less an armed one. Hunting the true evil predators is not for everyone, and not for most cops. That s why many of them do stupid shit that ends up on TV or they just write tickets. The scared cops are the ones I am afraid of. The ones who shoot because someone moved or they are just a pussy and cant go lay hands on someone. I made sure to get rid of any that we had like that. I was not able to get rid of one fearfull bully who said he would confiscate weapons of Obama outlawed guns, although I did threaten to kill him if he ever tried it and I was his Sgt. As luck would have it, he got fired for incompetence after I retired.

The next time you think about how worthless cops are, think about the tens of thousands of gang bangers, molesters, armed robbers and the rest who are in prison and know that none of them volunteered to be there willingly. Someone had to step up and actually do something to get them there.

ALL COPS should follow ALL LAWS ALL THE TIME- and when they don't they should be SEVERELY PUNISHED
    I'm not a cop, but I do know that a statement like the one above is why Baltimore is facing a dramatic increase in crime due to cops not policing the area. The residents of Baltimore want it both ways, all their way. I doubt very much that it's possible for cops to "follow all the laws all the time" and still be effective in any sense. They have all kinds of rules to follow to try to keep citizens and themselves in one piece, but if they get into a truly hazardous situation they are likely to shoot first and ask questions later. And exactly what is so wrong with that concept? How many of us here state flatly that if they are endangered -- as they perceive it -- they are going to shoot first, etc? I totally agree that there are some really bad cops out there, corrupt, power crazy, etc. But I think the vast majority are trying to protect and serve.

I stand corrected in my prior post.
    We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it. --Patrick Henry

I think the vast majority are trying to protect and serve.

The people who write their paychecks ...

There are still some old time peace officers out there, but the pussies with badges, the 'good cops' who look the other way when other cops screw up, the police administrators who allow screw-ups to be punished with nothing more than paid vacations, and the politicians who tolerate it all are the problem. There are a lot of places where the swamp is local ...

There are good cops and bad cops just like in every other walk of life. The problem is that bad cops get passes where the average citizen would be severely punished. I think a couple of things could change the outlook for cops by the average citizen.
    1. Quit shooting dogs like a pussy. The mailman, meter reader and Fed Ex guy never have to shoot the dog and they see more of them on a daily basis than you do.

2. Hold the officer(s) personally financially responsible for their actions - if there is a lawsuit the taxpayers don't pay it the cop does. But to make it a bit more fair make sure that there are no settlements from govco unless the cop is fired and charged with a crime. Heck you could only apply this to the second lawsuit and it would still weed out many of the bad ones.

3. Body cameras on all the time and released to the public weekly (exceptions made for undercover work) It has been proven that both cops and potential suspects all behave in a much politer manner when they know it is all being recorded.

4. Officers should show as much respect for the citizens they interact with as the demand from same citizens. My wife was stopped a while back and the first words out of the cops mouth were "Why don't you pay your taxes" because the tag sticker had fallen or been pulled off her plate. A quick call on the radio would have told the officer her tag was completely valid and paid. Best for all involved that he pulled her over and not me as my mouth would have written a check that I would have handed to my attorney for my complete disrespect and dressing down of cop (Why yes I do pay your salary)

5. Criminal convictions against any govco employee, including cops/politicians/judges should result in a sentence 3 times longer than a non-government employee

6. Remove civil asset forfeiture. When I was growing up in the 80's I had a cop friend that would only pull over and search sports cars as they had a policy that the second car you took via forfeiture became you cop car. What a scam. If there needs to be forfeiture it needs to be after a criminal conviction.

Just a few small changes that could help with the cop hate. And for the record, my grandfather was a NY cop, my wife's grandfather, uncle and cousin where county sheriff's and deputies and nephew is a sheriff's deputy today.

Never mind policy, selection, training and discipline.
    It interferes with a good cop's ability in weeding out the bad.
    All by design; beyond local, state and federal levels.
    Man. GMOW.
    Resist Or Submit.
    It is too late, for words...

______Resistor
    ____/VVVVVV\__

Sorry but I can't agree with the OP. LEO's, Firemen, EMT's etc., should all EXPECT to go home AT THE END of a SHIFT!

What they shouldn't have to deal with is doped up, drunk, stupid and crazy idiots in their jobs.....but then, that has become their job.

When a cop tells you to STOP....stop! If they tell you DON'T MOVE...then DON'T MOVE! If firemen/women are fighting a fire and someone shoots at them then THEY the shooter should face the death penalty even if they miss! Same for EMT's! These people are trying to save lives and anyone....ANYONE threatening them needs to die. Simple as that!

While it's true that we need better screening and training for LEO's, acting stupid in front of the LAW deserves to get shot. On the other hand....jumping on the gun by a LEO also needs to be dealt with severely.

And here's a question. They can make bullet proof shields. Why don't cops use them?
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Federal laws to stop LEO from shooting dogs, will be required.
    Until then, nothing is going to stop them from shooting dogs.

Along with new laws, new technology that will allow LEO
    to properly subdue a dog, without having to murder the animal.

FUSA must look to high technology, in order to fix some of
    the issues that produce these incidents.

FUSA is a very divided country, and we are living on the razor edge,
    and even the slightest movement the wrong way,
    could very well send the country into total anarchy.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

"The problem with stories like this is they are based on the big stories of ass hole cops that make the news for doing spectacularly stupid things that many of them should be jailed for life for doing."

The article in the OP is not a story. (and I love how you refer to it as 'doing spectacularly stupid things'. It is way more than just stupid things. It is called MURDER.) It is the reaction of someone who is very tired of seeing the murdering going on by cops on a daily basis. What this guy is thinking and feeling and deciding is exactly how I think and feel and have decided. Cops have pissed away the good feelings that people have had toward them for a very long time. They have done that by NOT dealing with cops who have obviously committed murder. They cover up what has actually happened and give the cop involved a paid vacation. They will not soon get these good feelings back and may instead be targeted by people who have had enough. In fact, that may be what some of these killings are already.
    What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. Its not good at much else. Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    Sorry but I can't agree with the OP. LEO's, Firemen, EMT's etc., should all EXPECT to go home AT THE END of a SHIFT!
    No matter what? Even if it means an innocent man is gunned down? Even if perfectly controllable situations get escalated to the point that the cop ends up shooting?

What they shouldn't have to deal with is doped up, drunk, stupid and crazy idiots in their jobs.....but then, that has become their job.
    That has always been the very definition of their job. The only thing that has changed is that some of the doped up/drunk/stupid people are more violent now.

When a cop tells you to STOP....stop! If they tell you DON'T MOVE...then DON'T MOVE! If firemen/women are fighting a fire and someone shoots at them then THEY the shooter should face the death penalty even if they miss! Same for EMT's! These people are trying to save lives and anyone....ANYONE threatening them needs to die. Simple as that!

While it's true that we need better screening and training for LEO's, acting stupid in front of the LAW deserves to get shot. On the other hand....jumping on the gun by a LEO also needs to be dealt with severely.

And here's a question. They can make bullet proof shields. Why don't cops use them?
    The guy in Kansas demonstrably did not act stupid. The guy shot in the hotel did not act stupid. Too many others did not act stupid, but got killed by the officer involved anyway. And too many cops and their supporters looked the other way, or looked for ways to explain away the death and give reasons why it wasn't the cop's (or department's) fault. It's gone on too long, and people are getting tired of seeing incident after incident where the cop decided that the easiest way to "go home safe at the end of a shift" was to claim they feared for their life and killed the perp, and then kept their job. We afford the police a tremendous amount of power, but in return we have a right to expect them to live up to a higher standard. They give the impression of being all too eager to hold the power, while not wanting anything to do with the responsibility.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

I just lost a really good rant........but Thinwater's description of all the low life slugs stewing in our broken Just-Us system is not only disgusting but shameful............I believe in the death penalty and that shouldn't include 20 yrs. of appeals........too many innocent/framed are incarcerated and far too many devils are housed with our taxes..........HOW CAN ANYONE EXPECT AN HONEST LAW ABIDING CITIZENRY, GOVT. OFFICIALS, LEO'S, JUDGES, ETC........when there are few to no consequences?????
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Excuse me, what was that again?
    ==============================================

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...ced-drug-ring/

Cop Sentenced for Running Massive Steroid Ring — Is ‘Roid Rage’ Behind the Worst Police Abuses?
    By Matt Agorist - August 30, 2016

Hartford, CT — There is no question that many police officers use performance enhancing drugs. In fact, the problem of police steroid use became so bad, in 2004, the DEA intervened to warn of the “possible psychological disturbances” of roid-raging cops.

The DEA said symptoms included:
    Mood swings (including manic-like symptoms leading to violence)
    Impaired judgment (stemming from feelings of invincibility)
    Depression
    Nervousness
    Extreme irritability
    Delusions
    Hostility and aggression

Eventually, a few years later, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, made up of 16,000 members worldwide set a standard that “calls upon state and local law enforcement entities to establish a model policy prohibiting the use of illegally obtained steroids” by officers.

However, this policy never happened.

Not only do cops vehemently resist being drug tested by their departments, claiming it is a violation of their civil rights, they are also frequently caught selling steroids.

“This is one of the dirty little secrets of American law enforcement,” says Gregory Gilbertson, a former Atlanta cop who teaches criminal justice in the Seattle area and works as a legal expert on police standards and practices, according to Alternet. “Steroid testing is declining, and I think there’s an attitude in all these agencies of ‘see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil’ because they don’t want to know about it. Because if they know about it, then they have to address it.”

Former Newtown police sergeant Steven Santucci had a salary of $80,000 a year. So, when he began taking $30,000-$100,000 vacations, the department could no longer ignore it and launched an investigation. In April of last year, Santucci was arrested for being the “ringleader” of a 12-man anabolic steroids manufacturing and distribution network, which also involved a member of the dispatch, Jason Chickos.

At the beginning of the year, Santucci pleaded guilty to two drug-related felonies — conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids, and conspiracy to launder money. However, because of his blue privilege, his sentencing was delayed for nearly 7 months while he was allowed to finish a technical training course on becoming an electrician.

Last week, the steroid kingpin was finally sentenced to 16 months in prison followed by two years of supervised release.

According to Patch.com, Santucci will also have to serve six months of home confinement, 120 hours of community service and a $5,000 fine during his supervised release.

Santucci was no small time dealer. He was importing hundreds of thousands of dollars of steroid ingredients from China and manufacturing and selling wholesale quantities of steroids, according to the U.S. Attorney District of Connecticut office.
    Why? Because he had a massive client base of cops who were ready and willing to purchase, use and resell his product.

Santucci is not alone either. As the Free Thought Project previously reported, Darrion Holiwell, 51, was arrested and charged for not only taking steroids but dealing them to other SWAT deputies on the force, as well as people outside the agency.

As Alternet pointed out, the cases of cops using and selling steroids are anything but isolated.

These are some of the cases that have made news in the past year, though there likely are others that have not been revealed publicly:

In June, a Jeffersonville, Ind., cop, Anthony Mills, resigned after pleading guilty to possession of steroids. His attorney told the media that Mills did not consider steroids to be illegal drugs.

This spring, authorities in Edmonton, Alberta, revealed that a handful of police officers had been involved in the use or distribution of Stanozolol, the steroid commonly sold as Winstrol. More than 30 officers in Edmonton have been implicated in steroid use in the past few years, according to press reports there.

In January, a Portland, Ore. cop who faced firing for a positive steroid test was allowed to resign.

Last fall, a scandal rocked police in the Augusta, Ga., area when a man arrested for steroids possession gave authorities a list of steroid users among local law enforcement officers. At least one deputy resigned; authorities denied that the list included as many 30 others.

Also last fall, the Miami New Times revealed that Miami-Dade police officers had been customers of Biogenesis, a South Florida steroid clinic at the heart of professional baseball’s ongoing doping scandal.

The dangers of cops taking steroids are obvious, as the rage associated with their use can become uncontrollable. All too often, we see police officers immediately escalate situations to violence when de-escalation would have been far easier and safer. Steroids could be the reason.

“I keep seeing all of these cases where the level of anger and violence shown by officers makes no sense,” Gilbertson says. “And when things don’t make sense, they don’t make sense for a reason…Maybe steroid rage is a reason so many police officers seem so angry and aggressive.”

Cops on the juice feel indestructible, as if they have superhuman strength.
    Or as the DEA puts it, “The idea of enhanced physical strength and endurance provides one with ‘the invincible mentality’ when performing law enforcement duties.”

Starting to make sense now?

“Reasonable suspicion should be raised if they shoot somebody or beat the living daylights out of somebody,” Dan Handelman, a founding member of Portland Copwatch told Alternet. “In some of these recent cases, the officers seemed to be pumped up and were not necessarily working in a calm and level-headed manner. We wonder how much of this was coming from natural adrenalin and how much coming from other substances.”

Too many times now, too many good cops have covered up for too many bad cops leading to public perception problems by law abiding citizens.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

shorter list of symptoms:

Behaves like Chip(py Dip) Banks and Lyall Alzado
    Mookie War Creed