Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


INSANITY Denver Decriminalizes Pinchin' a Loaf in Public to Keep Illegal Migrants Happy and Safe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 41 to 78 of 78
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Green County, Kentucky
    Posts
    9,866
    Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    Historical fact
    Big cities around the country around the turn of the last century had public employees who were called "muckers" whose job was to go was the streets and clean up the horse crap left behind.
    Each and EVERY day
    I see a job skill coming back for Denver
    I'd be very willing to clean up horse apples (which really don't smell all that bad, and are useful in the garden), but NOT willing to clean up after diseased trash who poop all over public areas. Yech.

    Wouldn't it just be cheaper (and less likely to drive visitors away) to put porta-potties around the area and educate people on how to use them??

    Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

    wickr ID freeholder45

  2. #42
    THIS ARTICLE IS FALSE !! It has been debunked numerous times by all local news outlets and other agencies. Just goes to show how onion like pieces are spread far and wide and lead to bad rumors and reactions.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    63,350
    If it is true in SanFran, it could be true of any other liberal infested burg as well.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    'murKKa - FEMA region IV
    Posts
    8,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Oh, and I have NEVER seen people pee or poop on the streets here, nor in Germany; you occasionally see it in Sweden (pre immigrant) because the "public" facilities were rather expensive and not always provided; so people would find back streets or trash cans on occasion.

    There may be some places in Southern Europe that are still using old sewage channels for people to relieve themselves in public but I never saw it, not even in Italy.
    Mel
    I've spent plenty of time in the mother land - primarily central and mostly in the 70's . . . Rome, Napoli, Sardegna. seen plenty of rural and hi pop suburban; from the "good side" of town to the "whore walks and alleys" and I didn't see anything like that or even remotely suggestive of that in Italy.

    my first wife was born here but her father took all of the family back to l'aquila (where he and her mother were born) after the mother passed. I married my first wife there in '76 in Marana in the church Sant ' Eutizio.

    I could have missed it and I could have forgotten it and I'm not saying it hasn't changed or that it couldn't happen there - But I AM SAYING that I didn't see that and the common people I knew there WHEN I WAS THERE would KICK YOUR ASS INTO NEXT WEEK if they caught you disrespecting or defacing their town or their property.

    that being said - I just went on google EARTH for a look . . . OMG has Marana changed since then!!! haven't been there since the early 80's but conservatively guessing - it has grown by a factor of AT LEAST 10 X
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

    Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Swimming in sea quarks
    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
    THIS ARTICLE IS FALSE !! It has been debunked numerous times by all local news outlets and other agencies. Just goes to show how onion like pieces are spread far and wide and lead to bad rumors and reactions.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/2...s-immigration/
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    Mel
    I've spent plenty of time in the mother land - primarily central and mostly in the 70's . . . Rome, Napoli, Sardegna. seen plenty of rural and hi pop suburban; from the "good side" of town to the "whore walks and alleys" and I didn't see anything like that or even remotely suggestive of that in Italy.

    my first wife was born here but her father took all of the family back to l'aquila (where he and her mother were born) after the mother passed. I married my first wife there in '76 in Marana in the church Sant ' Eutizio.

    I could have missed it and I could have forgotten it and I'm not saying it hasn't changed or that it couldn't happen there - But I AM SAYING that I didn't see that and the common people I knew there WHEN I WAS THERE would KICK YOUR ASS INTO NEXT WEEK if they caught you disrespecting or defacing their town or their property.

    that being said - I just went on google EARTH for a look . . . OMG has Marana changed since then!!! haven't been there since the early 80's but conservatively guessing - it has grown by a factor of AT LEAST 10 X
    I didn't mean it might not have been happening in the past and/or it may be going on in the poorer areas like the Italian Alps, Greece, Romania etc; heck Bulgaria is trying to "get rid" of horse-drawn carts in the capitol for the "EU Presidency" I gather they've got coming up.

    Again, just saying I haven't seen it - which doesn't mean it isn't happening anywhere.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    Dennis, I married a NAVY SAILOR and worked in a CONSTRUCTION office for an Oil Refinery. My ears have loooong lost their virginity.

    (However, it is true I am sheltered, because believe it or not, those sailor friends of DH and construction workers I worked with, would switch and clean their speech anytime they were around me. Go figure. I didn't think I looked like a prude, so I don't know why? )
    Very interesting....

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Swimming in sea quarks
    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    Dennis, I married a NAVY SAILOR and worked in a CONSTRUCTION office for an Oil Refinery. My ears have loooong lost their virginity.

    (However, it is true I am sheltered, because believe it or not, those sailor friends of DH and construction workers I worked with, would switch and clean their speech anytime they were around me. Go figure. I didn't think I looked like a prude, so I don't know why? )
    Welding, cooning steel, examination/testing/sampling, metallurgical lab work, naval, aerospace, petrochemical, power fossil, nuclear, green, I've had the opportunity to work with many walks of life.
    What you experienced is what I call little sister syndrome. They respected you in other words.

    I know for a fact any subject of LSS that one of the crews disrespected would be given a physical reminder of their need to show respect. I've given a few such reminders in my time. You cannot underscore enough the job site morale value of an LSS. They are considered sacrosanct and not to be jacked with. You may never have seen it, but I promise you it was there.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    5,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrynboo View Post
    This is what you get when potheads run the govt.
    sorry, its not potheads, its liberals who think all things PC trumps common sense and decency. in fact, they dont even know the meaning of the word 'decent'/

    the Smart thing to do is have people write letters to the Chamber of Commerce saying you heard of this new law, think it is disgusting and unhealthy which will spread disease , and you and your family and business will never go to / return to Denver. will encourage everyone you know to take their business elsewhere.
    enough people send in complaints and announcing they will never return to Denver, the Commerce will start to freak. enough businesses start to smart from the slow down in business revenues they will start to hollar. id bet anything most business owners are appalled at this new 'law'.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

    Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

  10. #50
    "Robin Kniech, Paul Lopez and other council members supported alterations but couldn’t win enough colleagues’ support. They said they planned to keep pushing for more changes, which could include decriminalizing lower-level offenses such as public urination and unauthorized urban camping, Lopez said."

    "Petty crimes, including public urination, curfew violations and panhandling, now could net up to 60 days in jail..."

    Just shows how some people will twist and spin anything for sensationalism

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Broomfield colorado
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
    THIS ARTICLE IS FALSE !! It has been debunked numerous times by all local news outlets and other agencies. Just goes to show how onion like pieces are spread far and wide and lead to bad rumors and reactions.
    You are wrong!

    As Rayku posted the local print news paper story which disagrees with you, have the local news stations story too.
    http://www.9news.com/news/crime/cert...nver/442367895
    My uncle works for the Post, I called him this morning to ask about this story and yes it is true.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Broomfield colorado
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
    "Robin Kniech, Paul Lopez and other council members supported alterations but couldn’t win enough colleagues’ support. They said they planned to keep pushing for more changes, which could include decriminalizing lower-level offenses such as public urination and unauthorized urban camping, Lopez said."

    "Petty crimes, including public urination, curfew violations and panhandling, now could net up to 60 days in jail..."

    Just shows how some people will twist and spin anything for sensationalism
    Its not sensationalism, Denver police just don't write citations for this anymore unless children are exposed to man bits... and if they do write a ticket, unless the offender is a white person the DA chooses not to prosecute... Do you actually live in this city or just drive through? I go to school downtown, 4 days a week. if your white you get the ticket and a court date. any other race gets a complete pass.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    12,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    I am so naive. I had NO CLUE what "pinching a loaf" meant. Sorry I looked.

    This is one case where, "Curiosity Puked The Cat."

    If this isn't a sign liberals have completely and totally lost their ever-loving minds, I don't know what is!

    Where are all the NORMAL people and where have they hid them???


    I also call it taking a grommet or taking a grumpy.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
    Its not sensationalism, Denver police just don't write citations for this anymore unless children are exposed to man bits... and if they do write a ticket, unless the offender is a white person the DA chooses not to prosecute... Do you actually live in this city or just drive through? I go to school downtown, 4 days a week. if your white you get the ticket and a court date. any other race gets a complete pass.
    Lived and worked on and off in the 5 county area since the 70's, USAF at the Academy, Lowry, Buckley and still do private consulting work for the gov there and instruct at a local University. Numerous friends and peers in local and state LEO and gov.

  15. #55
    Wait till the spring thaw, and don't go there......... about that time, it will all mysteriously rise to the top.......thru the snow laden lawns, and the byways of bysquatters...
    It's a disgusting act, and by making this legal, what is there that shouldn't be? Seriously, lets go for the most disgusting crap and from there the brainwashing is all downhill......

    Those in Denver need to stand firmly against such a reality. CDC, lost all respect at the border in the last few years.... this is insane. Though, I will admit, I live in the woods and drain the snake outside on an equal basis as inside. I'm outside a lot and it's easy. Only when I hunt, will I pinch one off, so to speak. Wouldn't want to quit hunting just to find a stool. Plenty of natural settings available in the deep woods.... that aren't so deep.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    63,350
    just saying I haven't seen

    Was coming out of recently constructed and opened fast food franchise on Bragg one day in the early 1990s. Had gotten into my car, parked facing the burger joint, when Latina mama and two little boys (4 to 6 or so) came out. The two little ones promptly dropped trou and watered the new shrubbery just outside the doorway. Mama never said a word to them about it.

    They had to walk past two new bathrooms to do it...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Corrected it for you. I have to go there for my VA appointments. We usually pack our own sandwich and snacks along with water. I havn't trusted Commie Town for years. I have to admit the agenda is working. Keep them stoned and they will never rebel. You can take it all away from them just a little at a time.
    HI Bubble Head,

    Joe Plumber on his site wrote: After decriminalizing defecating on sidewalks, the Chamber of Commerce will probably rename Denver as the “Mile High Pile City.”

    Joe the Plumber:
    https://joeforamerica.com/2017/12/no...ver-sidewalks/
    "Apres la Guerre."

  18. #58
    I didn't mean I have never seen public urination, I did mean that I had never seen people in Europe specifically using an ancient channel cut into the old street for that purpose and certainly not for taking a dump in broad daylight.

    Of course, sometimes people have to "go behind a bush" when there are no alternatives; with small children this can be even worse - as I pointed out to my Mother who watches the little boy in downtown San Francisco - there WERE NO OPEN bathrooms for at least a mile in any direction; and that was reported in the newspaper.

    A judge who did fine a Mother but also gave a local bank a tongue lashing after the Mother begged them to let her small child use the bathroom (having looked all over for one).

    The little boy finally just pulled down his pants and peed, because he couldn't hold it any longer; I've been in a similar situation where children just wet their pants.

    I do agree that having things like this happen on a regular basis is horrible; on the other hand, hauling people into court who may have few options (like the homeless in areas with no accessible facilities) or money to pay fines (so they take up space in the county jail) may not be a working solution either.

    It may make the public FEEL like their local government is doing something, but unless they figure out a way for people to legally relieve themselves (and if homeless 24 hours a day) then the problem doesn't go away, it just crowds the jail cells and the court dockets.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
    THIS ARTICLE IS FALSE !! It has been debunked numerous times by all local news outlets and other agencies. Just goes to show how onion like pieces are spread far and wide and lead to bad rumors and reactions.
    These offenses weren't 'decriminalized' - just 'downgraded'.

    If one reads the article, the author lists the offenses with the new changes. These are correct.

    Changing the punishment to a lighter sentence of 'a 60-day jail sentence, max and no fine' is saying 'since we can't put them all in jail cause we don't have the space for them anyway, and we really don't want LE and the courts dealing with this issue - it's expensive and they have better things to do, and these people don't have the money to pay the fine anyway, and oh, gee, we need to help these people out that aren't able to find a real bathroom' (THIS seems to be their main reasoning) so let's just 'house' them for a few days. That'll teach 'em a lesson! We're sure this public 'annoyance' will stop now.'

    I kinda doubt the City Council even considered this as a health issue, because these new rules are for "quality of life" offenses - QUALITY OF LIFE FOR WHOM?

    Really???

    Surely Denver can come up with a better way of dealing with this nasty and dangerous health issue.

    https://joeforamerica.com/2017/12/no...ver-sidewalks/

    Class 2 offenses, which carry a maximum 60-day jail sentence and no fine.

    Sitting or lying in the public right-of-way
    Unauthorized camping on public or private property prohibited
    Urinating or defecating in public
    Panhandling
    Curfews and closures
    Storage and loading
    Prohibitions
    Solicitation on or near street or highway

    The “class 2” offenses as so-called “quality of life” offenses that often impact the homeless community.
    "Apres la Guerre."

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Broomfield colorado
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
    Lived (past tense) and worked on and off in the 5 county area since the 70's, USAF at the Academy, Lowry, Buckley and still do private consulting work for the gov there and instruct at a local University. Numerous friends and peers in local and state LEO and gov.
    Does local = DENVER?
    State police are not required to enforce city laws.
    Gov = snort..

    check out the bus stops surrounding Auraria campus, like the one next to the train station near Colfax and Broadway. if your unlucky you can watch someone take a dump while Denver's finest remain sitting in the squad car in the bus pickup lane. Not to ignore what happens in the shadow of Coors field, 17th and Curtis I've seen them crap in the parking lots while again police presence completely ignored it (i quit when i was informed I had to clean it up) so you have your experience, I have mine. reality is it's not sensationalism, nor is it a hoax.

    A few points:
    USAF academy is private air force college in the springs not DENVER.
    Lowry is a neighborhood now it hasn't been a base for better than 20 years, and in the really bad side of Denver. (they crap on the sidewalks there)
    Buckley is an air base not part of the city, and is in Aurora not DENVER.

    Friend is maintenance super at one of those 600 unit app complexes where lowry once was...

    I'm uncertain about the point in your underscoring my schooling, what is it you exactly wanted to show there?

  21. #61
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sandhills North Carolina
    Posts
    34,458
    Welcome to progressive Denver
    A Turd World City

  22. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelan View Post
    Does local = DENVER?
    State police are not required to enforce city laws.
    Gov = snort..

    check out the bus stops surrounding Auraria campus, like the one next to the train station near Colfax and Broadway. if your unlucky you can watch someone take a dump while Denver's finest remain sitting in the squad car in the bus pickup lane. Not to ignore what happens in the shadow of Coors field, 17th and Curtis I've seen them crap in the parking lots while again police presence completely ignored it (i quit when i was informed I had to clean it up) so you have your experience, I have mine. reality is it's not sensationalism, nor is it a hoax.

    A few points:
    USAF academy is private air force college in the springs not DENVER.
    Lowry is a neighborhood now it hasn't been a base for better than 20 years, and in the really bad side of Denver. (they crap on the sidewalks there)
    Buckley is an air base not part of the city, and is in Aurora not DENVER.

    Friend is maintenance super at one of those 600 unit app complexes where lowry once was...

    I'm uncertain about the point in your underscoring my schooling, what is it you exactly wanted to show there?

    You need to re-read and comprehend the quotes from the article I posted and you responded to. IT IS CLEAR Denver Metro has NOT "decriminalized" defecating in public. Just because something is occurring, like rape, murder, theft, etc, does not mean it has been "decriminalized". Here it is again for your understanding:

    "Robin Kniech, Paul Lopez and other council members supported alterations but couldn’t win enough colleagues’ support. They said they planned to keep pushing for more changes, which could include decriminalizing lower-level offenses such as public urination and unauthorized urban camping, Lopez said."

    "Petty crimes, including public urination, curfew violations and panhandling, now could net up to 60 days in jail..."


    Please point out the OP of this thread in the above response from the council?

    As to your nonsense above, did you miss the "5 county" part of my response? Denver county and Denver Metro are a part of the 5 county area, and I have worked there for years. Gesh man get a grip on some facts. I spend a lot of time with Denver, and other counties, and State government, attended a lot of meetings and have set on a few committees, and many of those buildings are in, wait for it, DENVER!

    Just because I work, teach and consult in the 5 county area, and some out of country, does not mean I leave out Denver, and because I am retired from the mil does not mean I am not still active in many areas.

    Again, focus on the council's statements and point out how this supports the premise of the OP of making public defecation legal. Just because someone breaks the law does not make the law invalid.

    Oy Vey!
    Last edited by ThorsHammer; 01-02-2018 at 06:49 PM.

  23. #63
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    21,725
    It might become famous for its brown trout.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

  24. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    Ewwwww. Another place not to put on the Bucket List.
    Edited to add: "Denver Decriminalizes Pinchin' a Loaf in Public to Keep Illegal Migrants Happy and Safe"

    I thought it had to do with pot.
    That's what I thought at first, also.

    What a cesspool.
    Ah well look at the shiny dog n pony show. - Dosadi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Broomfield colorado
    Posts
    143
    Well, hell.

    The OP title and article are incorrectly named and as such you are completely correct to call B.S. it is not legal to poo in the street here, I skipped a bit of reading comprehension. For that error I sincerely apologize.

    That addressed, the law remains unenforced, violators remain un-ticketed, the behavior happens in the presence of law enforcement and goes without prosecution.
    Last edited by Phelan; 01-02-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling

  26. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Swimming in sea quarks
    Posts
    3,767
    When the penalty is reduced to the point of slapping wrist, it is defacto decriminalized. Cops will not bother doing more than verbally warning as their supervision will not support them considering it a waste of time.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

  27. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by changed View Post
    I also call it taking a grommet or taking a grumpy.
    Or dropping the kids off at the swimming pool.

  28. #68
    True/false, it's where we are heading.
    We sink into the Third/Forth World, as India strives to become First World.
    I don't know if India will succeed, but the US...

  29. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Dennis you have no idea what a shithole this state has become since the cash market for pot has bought every politician it can. People to stoned to see what the problem is. I don't believe politician should be able to vote on any law unless they pass a drug and alcohol test prior to the vote. Yeh it is that bad. We now need a new bumper sticker in Denver. Let an illegal take a dump on your lawn. The Democrats need the votes. Of course this is not just a democrap problem. Lots and lots of rino's in the uniparty.
    I've worked in Denver for a long time and this is total baloney. In fact as bad as the homeless situation is it was even worse going back a couple of years. Legal cannabis has absolutely nothing to do with it and none of the homeless can afford or use cannabis anyway. Most are ill or alcoholics. It's been a problem in Denver for a very long time as well as a huge problems in other big cities where cannabis is still illegal.

    It irks me why some try to blame everything on the cannabis which is simply not true. The root of the problem is sanctuary city and leftist policies.

  30. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    Welcome to progressive Denver
    A Turd World City
    I know I'm ashamed to have to work there.

  31. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    3,116
    A few years ago, one of the contractors I worked for had a problem with one of his Central American crews he was using to remodel a million dollar home. The type with beautiful landscaping and all the things that go along with such a house. This contractor was good about following most rules of decency so he provided the standard port-a -john for the workers.

    They never used it. Instead they used the planters and apparently had a system of grid placement for each time they dumped a load. The poor homeowners found out about it the next month, (mild weather her) when they went to plant some new flowers. A full planter 10 x 15 grided once every foot and a half all the way through. Full of human waster. They were pissed to say the least.......


    Another story....different crew as the the first was fired for some reason.....

    The contractor having learned his lesson, told every Central American worker to use the toilet or they would be fired. So they did, The problem was they had never been installed and were in the middle of the master bedroom on the brand new carpet.

  32. #72
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    21,725
    Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    A few years ago, one of the contractors I worked for had a problem with one of his Central American crews he was using to remodel a million dollar home. The type with beautiful landscaping and all the things that go along with such a house. This contractor was good about following most rules of decency so he provided the standard port-a -john for the workers.

    They never used it. Instead they used the planters and apparently had a system of grid placement for each time they dumped a load. The poor homeowners found out about it the next month, (mild weather her) when they went to plant some new flowers. A full planter 10 x 15 grided once every foot and a half all the way through. Full of human waster. They were pissed to say the least.......


    Another story....different crew as the the first was fired for some reason.....

    The contractor having learned his lesson, told every Central American worker to use the toilet or they would be fired. So they did, The problem was they had never been installed and were in the middle of the master bedroom on the brand new carpet.
    Diversity is what makes us strong.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

  33. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    Dennis, I married a NAVY SAILOR and worked in a CONSTRUCTION office for an Oil Refinery. My ears have loooong lost their virginity.

    (However, it is true I am sheltered, because believe it or not, those sailor friends of DH and construction workers I worked with, would switch and clean their speech anytime they were around me. Go figure. I didn't think I looked like a prude, so I don't know why? )
    Most men when I was a kid in the sixties and seventies would clean up the language when a woman or girl would show up. Even young boys to little to speak salty language.

    Consider it a sign of respect to you not a reflection of your prudishness.

  34. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the Matrix.
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    A few years ago, one of the contractors I worked for had a problem with one of his Central American crews he was using to remodel a million dollar home. The type with beautiful landscaping and all the things that go along with such a house. This contractor was good about following most rules of decency so he provided the standard port-a -john for the workers.

    They never used it. Instead they used the planters and apparently had a system of grid placement for each time they dumped a load. The poor homeowners found out about it the next month, (mild weather her) when they went to plant some new flowers. A full planter 10 x 15 grided once every foot and a half all the way through. Full of human waster. They were pissed to say the least.......


    Another story....different crew as the the first was fired for some reason.....

    The contractor having learned his lesson, told every Central American worker to use the toilet or they would be fired. So they did, The problem was they had never been installed and were in the middle of the master bedroom on the brand new carpet.
    Had a new roof put on 2 years ago and the local roofer used Mexicans for his labor. They did a good job, no leaks and it looks good but I discovered a corner in the yard behind a storage shed where one had taken a dump. I called the roofer and asked if shitting in my yard was part of the job. He apologized, came out, cleaned it up and vowed that wouldn't happen again.
    "There are those who said that this day would never come, what are they to say now?" - Unknown Covenant Prophet, Halo 2 trailer.

    Only A Mule is Positive. Keep An Open Mind. - Unknown

  35. #75
    Three main reasons why trades like roofing, construction, etc are being done by our naighbors from the south and elsewhere...

    One, and the main reason... Mandated payroll liabilities, especially workers comp. For roofers it's on average for every dollar a laborer works their employers pay another dollar to workers comp. Plus UI, FICA and even their general liability insurance is the highest in the trades. Legal roofing contractors really do need to bill out their labores at least 4 times their take home pay to even brake even on the payroll liabilities for each man.

    So what often happens is that the legal contractor hires maybe one laborer on payroll and that laborer unbeknown to the contractor (wink, wink) gets 12 illegals, relatives, etc to get the job done, at about $50 a day for each laborer. Then contractor gives cash bonus or tools, material etc..to number one man for his extra cost. And other ways like stated.

    Two, poor work ethic and just the added liability of hireing a sue happy American is alwas there. One more workers comp claim and the mandated insurance goes up so high, forget about being competitive.

    Three, all other mandated liabilities and tax liability to stay legal can cause small competitive legal contractors of all trades, to just say F.I.

    Theres a reason why we only have 8.9 million self employed legal indaviduals in the USA today. And falling...

  36. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    Historical fact
    Big cities around the country around the turn of the last century had public employees who were called "muckers" whose job was to go was the streets and clean up the horse crap left behind.
    Each and EVERY day
    I see a job skill coming back for Denver
    These days, they require any horses pulling carriages or whatever in the cities to wear diapers. They claimed it was because of worried about disease. But I guess *humans* crapping anywhere isn't a problem in the tiny minds of liberal activists.

    Summerthyme

  37. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the chrono synclastic infidibulum
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Oh, and I have NEVER seen people pee or poop on the streets here, nor in Germany; you occasionally see it in Sweden (pre immigrant) because the "public" facilities were rather expensive and not always provided; so people would find back streets or trash cans on occasion.

    There may be some places in Southern Europe that are still using old sewage channels for people to relieve themselves in public but I never saw it, not even in Italy.
    i was working at a carbon plant in wuppertal. in the bathroom there was no toilet just a hole in the floor. my friend ask the boss why did you remove the toilet? he said we have a lot of turkish people working here. my friend said ok what do you mean by that. they use a different type of toilet. a squatting one. he said they climb up on the seat and blast it out all over the back of the toilet. he said they didnt know how touse our style of toilet or wouldnt learn.

    https://motherhendiaries.com/2014/12...toilet-trauma/


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laQugbtwVXU
    ========================================
    DONT BLAME ME! IM NOT MY FAULT!
    the biggest thing that we have learned from history is that we haven't learned anything from history!
    Veritas vos liberabit

  38. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the chrono synclastic infidibulum
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by kytom View Post
    wtf? who are we the people electing? this is nuts! plain and simple! how 'bout buildin' some public toilets with all that pot money?

    http://www.independentsentinel.com/d...appy-and-safe/

    Denver Decriminalizes public defecation to Keep Illegal Migrants Happy and Safe
    By S. Noble - June 29, 20170
    Share
    Denver just decriminalized public defecation and urination in order to make life easier for immigrants who are used to doing it in their own countries. It also helps the homeless. In addition, it keeps illegal aliens from being arrested and deported.

    It’s no longer a crime, but rather, an ordinance violation.Where is the Board of Health on this one? Bodily fluids on the streets leads to diseases. While dogs have to be curbed in Denver, people don’t.

    This new policy works well with the cultural Marxist view that we must all be equal and Third World.

    Denverians can now camp out on private land with out being considered a lawbreaker. If you own property, you won’t get much of a response from police if they camp there, and they can defecate there also. It’s another cultural Marxist hit on private property.The City Council vote was unanimous Monday night to decriminalize a number of “low-level” crimes like lying in a public right-of-way, urinating in public, and panhandling.

    The city fathers argued the changes will protect Denver’s migrants – future Democrats – from deportation.

    “Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail,” Mark Silverstein said, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado.

    Before the vote, all violations of the Denver municipal code were punishable by up to a year in jail and/or a fine of up to $999. The new ordinance creates a brand new sentencing category that carries out different penalties. Most municipal offenses will carry a maximum of 300 days in jail and up to a $999 fine. The new ordinance creates “Class 1” and “Class 2” offensesClass 2 offenses, which carry a maximum 60-day jail sentence and no fine. They call these quality of life issues.

    Sitting or lying in the public right-of-way
    Unauthorized camping on public or private property prohibited
    Urinating or defecating in public
    Panhandling
    Curfews and closures
    Storage and loading
    Prohibitions
    Solicitation on or near street or highway
    That’s the latest from the progressive city, which is actually seeking Third World status, that seeks to ensure it “will not sacrifice” its “values or bend to a broken immigration system.”Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D) and some of the city officials explained that the new ordinances are designed to protect immigrants, legal and illegal, from “unintended consequences.”

    These consequences were fines and longer jail terms, as has been customary in most places for violating the behavioral norms of civilized American society.

    Mark Silverstein, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, explains the real reason behind the changes: “Many times it becomes a deportable offense if you’ve been convicted of even a minor ordinance violation that’s punishable by a year in jail.”

    Denver might become an official sanctuary city but doing these types of things has the same effect. In fact, they are already an unannounced sanctuary city.
    here we go again! check out San Fran! http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/15/sa...efecation-map/


    here is an ongoing debate currently going on in the country about what locations can be classified as shitholes. The debate sprung from a report that Donald Trump referred to some third world countries as “shitholes” in a meeting with lawmakers last week.

    While the debate might rage on as to what constitutes a “shithole” of a country, one thing is not up for debate: the American city of San Francisco is a shithole.

    We know this thanks to an interactive map created in 2014 called Human Wasteland.

    The map charts all of the locations for human excrement “incidents” reported to the San Francisco police during a given month. The interactive map shows precise locations of the incidents by marking them with poop emojis:


    The project shows that the heatmap for poo is most heavily concentrated directly in downtown San Francisco.

    According to the SF Weekly, San Francisco has a major shithole problem:

    St. George Alley can harbor up to 30 piles of poop per week, Department of Public Works employee Steve Mahoney told SFist. That’s exceptional. But it also illustrates a seemingly intractable problem in a city with limited public restrooms, constricted homeless services, and a line of filthy JCDecaux bunker toilets that often sit unused. So if you live in San Francisco and are offended by Trump’s comments, just watch where you’re stepping.
    ========================================
    DONT BLAME ME! IM NOT MY FAULT!
    the biggest thing that we have learned from history is that we haven't learned anything from history!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.