Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS Here is the official TB2K 2018 announcement of my wedding anniversary.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Here is the official TB2K 2018 announcement of my wedding anniversary.

Today is the 48 anniversary of SSTemplar and Mrs.SSTemplar marriage. That is the short story. The long story follows. I first saw her in May of 1969, it took until the end of June to get her to go out with me. She had been a neighbor and friend of my father and in school with my younger brothers. Any way I asked her to marry me that Christmas and she said yes. We then decided to go back to collage as a couple,thus the New Year's Day wedding. Well you know about dates on checks the first of the year. The same thing happened on our wedding certificate,it was dated 1/1/69. So that I kid her about how our marriage had been arranged five months before we had met. Anyway three children and eight grandchildren ( 25 years to 5 weeks) it has been an E-Ticket ride.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Congratulations. Sounds like you've done great.

Happy Anniversary!! May you be blessed with many more years together!
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Happy Anniversary!!!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, People will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -- Maya Angelou

Conga-Rats, you two.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Happy Anniversary to you both!

You are indeed blessed. Happy 48 to you both.

Wow! Good job to both of you. You are living proof that even in this day of age marriage can work and be enduring.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    Today is the 48 anniversary of SSTemplar and Mrs.SSTemplar marriage. That is the short story. The long story follows. I first saw her in May of 1969, it took until the end of June to get her to go out with me. She had been a neighbor and friend of my father and in school with my younger brothers. Any way I asked her to marry me that Christmas and she said yes. We then decided to go back to collage as a couple,thus the New Year's Day wedding. Well you know about dates on checks the first of the year. The same thing happened on our wedding certificate,it was dated 1/1/69. So that I kid her about how our marriage had been arranged five months before we had met. Anyway three children and eight grandchildren ( 25 years to 5 weeks) it has been an E-Ticket ride.
    Are you sure it's 48 years and NOT 49 years? 2018-1969 = 49. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks and we married in 1969 as well. We're going to Hawaii for 15 days. Congratulations! It's a choice.

Thanks to all.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

Congratulations! We've got you beat by 2 years. Just celebrated our 50th last month. It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? May God grant you many more years together!
    For those who believe in the Resurrection, death is inconsequential
    http://needgoodnews.com

Happy anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary!

Southside

Congratulations.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Congratulations!!!
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Happy Anniversary, and New Year.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

yay! cool story! happy anniversary!
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Nice way to start 2018!

Congrats, these days and times this is rare. If I count all the years I've been married, it would be about 46 years, but thats with four different husbands, although no. 3 was 35 years.

Judy

Have a very Happy Anniversary!!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Happy Anniversary!

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Thank you all. She has her winter cold so nothing special today,just feeding her chicken soup.

Happy anniversary!!!
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet story.

Susan

Happy Anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have many more wonderful years together!
    Sapere aude

So nice to see a marriage success story!!

Congratulations on your 48 years together!

May you be blessed with many more!
    "Apres la Guerre."

Happy Anniversary ! Make sure you put garlic in that soup. It will kill off the cold virus faster!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Are you sure it's 48 years and NOT 49 years? 2018-1969 = 49. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks and we married in 1969 as well. We're going to Hawaii for 15 days. Congratulations! It's a choice.
    I believe they actually married 1/1/70 but the clerk put the old year instead of the new.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2many View Post
    I believe they actually married 1/1/70 but the clerk put the old year instead of the new.
    No wonder I got confused.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. SSTemplar!!! How cool is THAT, getting married on New Years Day! Great way to start a lifetime of married bliss!!

55 Years on Dec 27th, only this tine I went to the bathroom and cried.
    A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's.

Have you ever listened to someone and wondered,,,,,,,,
    "Who ties your shoes for you??"

Best part is that we still like each other. Thank all of you for best wishes. Knowing that there are other people out there that have been married longer is encouraging..