Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Severe Stomach virus/flu.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Severe Stomach virus/flu.

I have been throwing up, and diahrrea since going to bed last night. No sleep, and sore all over from heaving. I thought hubby was going to have to call an ambulance, but I am giving it a little more time.

I would appreciate any prayers.
    Susan

Prayers.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by SuElPo View Post
    I have been throwing up, and diahrrea since going to bed last night. No sleep, and sore all over from heaving. I thought hubby was going to have to call an ambulance, but I am giving it a little more time.

I would appreciate any prayers.
    Susan
    You should consider going to a hospital. Those are classic symptoms of food poisoning.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

You got ‘em! Prayers up, so get well quick.

Prayers sent-and please stay hydrated as best you can!

Sue, there is a bad stomach flu in East Tennessee right now. I've had two family members come down with it around Christmas. One young healthy teenager lost 7 pounds while sick. I can't remember if it lasted 2 or 3 days before he was up and around. Take care and head to the hospital if you have to; 12 people have died in South Carolina and about the same in North Carolina so be very careful with this flu!

https://www.amazon.com/American-Herb...758215&sr=8-14

- if it really is flu and not something else. IMO oil of oregano is indispensable.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Sounds like Norwalk virus. And yes, it can be NASTY! Make sure you aren't getting dehydrated... if you pinch up a fold of skin on the back of your forearm and it doesn't immediately snap back into place, it's time to get medical help.

You can try sipping ginger tea, ginger ale (if you can find a brand that actually contains real ginger, it's better... ginger is a proven anti-nausea remedy), or something like boullion. Take ONE sip, then lie down and rest, and let it settle. If you keep it down and don't have increased nausea in 20 minutes or so, take another sip.

If it is Norwalk, it's very contagious... use separate glasses, utensils, etc, and have hubby wipe down all faucet handles, toilet handle, seat and lid, and anything else you handle with a dilute bleach solution.

When I caught Norwalk at Christmas a couple years ago, we had a houseful of family. I went to bed on Christmas eve feeling fine, and woke up at midnight running for the bathroom. I was terrified I'd spread it to everyone, but I self isolated in our master bed/bath, hubby kept wiping things down, and no one- including hubby- caught it.

Praying you're feeling better soon! It's a really miserable bug.

Summerthyme

grandson got some stomach virus - getting better but it's hard on the little ones ....
    Illini Warrior

Yes. It’s a virus that’s been making the rounds. It’s pretty rough. Dehydration is your big worry. I was noncompliant and took Tums and Imodium. I was lucky and threw it in two days where as everyone else had it almost a week. You’re not supposed to take Imodium because it actually keeps the virus in your system longer. But I had no choice in the matter since my employer expects me to be there even more if on deaths door. I probably just got lucky. I don’t recommend doing that if you can stay home. Let it run its course. So sorry- ‘tis NO fun.
    The Operative: The path to peace is paved with corpses. Its always been so.

Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?

Sending prayers... not a good way to spend New Year's Eve
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Prayers sent..

You've got my prayers, too. Hope you're already feeling better.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I try to be careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Hubby has it now. It sure is miserable. Is it ok to take tylenol? I have a fever.

Susan

It sure sounds like Norovirus. DD and I had it a few years ago, it really is dreadful. Staying hydrated is the hardest thing. Honestly not sure about taking meds, particularly if keeping fluids down is difficult.

Sure, you can take tylenol... can you keep it down? Situations like these are where it would be really useful to have a cooperative family doctor who would be willing to give you a script for a anti-nausea med as well as tylenol *in suppository form*... many times having that on hand is enough to alleviate symptoms enough to keep you out of the ER.

But please... if you are getting dehydrated at all, and still can't keep liquids down, get to the ER or urgent care... my mom DIED of Norwalk virus (plus utter neglect from the POS she called an adopted son... he left her home with his 11 year old daughter to "watch grandma" so he could go out drinking at a bar. The kid found mom dead on the floor- her heart stopped due to severe dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. )

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    You should consider going to a hospital. Those are classic symptoms of food poisoning.
    Or noro virus. There's meds for that. I would stay away from emergency rooms, good place to catch the creeping crud. SuELPo, drinks lots of water. If you have any Pedilyte available drink that. It has electrolytes in it that help with the loss of nutrients. Dehydration is serious. Good luck!

SAMBUCOL Elderberry Syrup kills the flu

CBD Oil ( canabinoid marijuanba) stops the vomiting and sickness

Prayers sent up!
    My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave. - Stonewall Jackson

I have it too>>>>both ends going nuts! Fever yesterday but not this AM>>>>I'll pray for you>>>>you pray for me.

What is so creepy about it is the HUGE, disgusting BURPS that precede the puking>>>UCK!!
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

It must be going around. I was on with my new boss on Thursday and she had to hang up. Her and her 4 kids and husband all had it at the same time! Hope you feel better soon. I just have a nasty cold sore throat crap.
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

activated charcoal.............
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post
    I have it too>>>>both ends going nuts! Fever yesterday but not this AM>>>>I'll pray for you>>>>you pray for me.

What is so creepy about it is the HUGE, disgusting BURPS that precede the puking>>>UCK!!
    Yes you bet you are in my prayers, and anyone who comes down with this.

Summerthyme that is exactly what we needed with a doc to have mercy, and call us in something. It just had to be New Years Eve and a Sunday.

Susan

Prayers for you and DH and everyone on TB2K that has caught whatever is going around their area. God bless you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy B View Post
    Prayers for you and DH and everyone on TB2K that has caught whatever is going around their area. God bless you guys.
    ^ Yes!!
    Sapere aude

Hang in there, hopefully, it's just a 24 hr. bug, (but seems like eternal hell). Watch that you don't dehydrate. Prayers sent.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Prayers said
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Prayers have been said. My DIL had it a couple of weeks ago. She was lucky and it cleared up after about a day.

Praying for you all. Five of us all had Noro virus in march last year, it sent one of us to the hospital. If that's what you have its no joke. Thankfully for us, the one who got the ambulance ride was able to get extra Zofran, it helped. I've chips, taking baby sips of Gatorade and ginger ale is helpful. Getting rehydrated is key. Praying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy B View Post
    Same from me! Isn't Norovirus the one that hits cruise ships so often? Seems so many nasty bugs going around right now; certainly no way to start the new year.
    Last edited by Stormy; 01-01-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

Prayers!
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Adding my prayers.

HD

Hello Susan,

Praying you'll be on the downside of this nasty bug soon!

Stay hydrated as best you can!

Praying for healing for you and your husband!

May no one else in your family get this!
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post

Oh, my! Another sick one.

Praying for you too ioujc!

Praying you'll be on the downside of this soon.

Praying for you're healing.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Same from me! Isn't Norovirus the one that hits cruise ships so often? Seems so many nasty bugs going around right now; certainly no way to start the new year.
    What? Holy Cow! And epidemic!

Stormy, you're in my prayers too!

Praying for your healing! (I think I misread Stormy's reply as 'same for me' like sick too - hope I did and you aren't sick! Chance)

I'm going to ask the Lord to keep his hand on all of us here - something nasty is going around.

Please, Lord, keep us safe and if we get it - may our discomfort be mild and our downtime short! Amen!
    Last edited by Chance; 01-01-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Praying for you too.

praying for everyone with the flu
    Mat6:12 - And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 1Thes4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.www.fidf.orghttps://www.joshuafund.com/http://www.compassion.com/

Caught it from my daughter's family Christmas. The thing lasted 3 to 4 days. Prayers on the elevens. This to shall pass.

praying for all.

judy

Joining in the prayers.

It's making the rounds in North Central AR.
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner