Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Flu
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flu

Praying!
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner

Dehydrated?
    Oral Rehydration Solution
    One quart clean water
    6 teaspoons or 2 tablespoons sugar
    Half teaspoon each normal salt and potassium chloride “salt substitute”
    or
    Teaspoon “lite salt” it’s half/half sodium and potassium chlorides
    Half teaspoon baking soda
    For flavor, add-sugar type Kool-Aid at half strength

Good for anything that dehydrates you, nausea or diarrhea
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    It's nice being immune to the flue. Seems like the wife gets it every year. I never get it.
    Funny my wife use to say that until she finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post

I didn't know about the elderberry tea. I'll have to get some and start sipping!
    Just a fyi if it's the flu you need a lot more than the tea. You need the concentrate and I usually down a whole bottle spread out (like a couple tablespoons once an hour) the first day it hits. Spread the second bottle over two days etc. Elderberry really works best if ya hit it right at the onset if possible.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    Just a fyi if it's the flu you need a lot more than the tea. You need the concentrate and I usually down a whole bottle spread out (like a couple tablespoons once an hour) the first day it hits. Spread the second bottle over two days etc. Elderberry really works best if ya hit it right at the onset if possible.
    Yeah, I do that. First sign of illness, and I'm downing the sambucol. But I was thinking maybe something everyday for prophylaxis.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Hello Plantman,

Another thread was started yesterday - more sick people!

Praying for your boy.

I hope you can say you and your wife, and especially your son, are on the downside of this and are recovering!

Praying for your complete recovery.
    "Apres la Guerre."

I can't do much else for you but I can pray.

praying for you
    Mat6:12 - And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 1Thes4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.www.fidf.orghttps://www.mercyships.org/http://www.compassion.com/

Praying for you and your family. I had broncitais (sp) in November and it took me almost 4 weeks to get right. I'm convinced I picked it up at the hospital when my husband was in for several days.

Judy

Hope you guys are beginning to feel somewhat better today. Prayers for your family.

I hope you guys are all doing better today. Glad to hear you were taking the boy to the Dr., though -- sounds like he'd had that fever for quite a while.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Yeah, I do that. First sign of illness, and I'm downing the sambucol. But I was thinking maybe something everyday for prophylaxis.
    Taking 1 T of elderberry syrup daily during flu season can help prevent or give a milder case by knocking viruses out before they can get a chance to make you sick. DH and I did that during swine flu in 2009, we still got it but he got a mild case, but I had stopped the elderberry because I got sick of it. And got a very bad case. I make my own pretty much likes Summerthyme's recipe.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Still praying for all of you.

susan

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    Taking 1 T of elderberry syrup daily during flu season can help prevent or give a milder case by knocking viruses out before they can get a chance to make you sick. DH and I did that during swine flu in 2009, we still got it but he got a mild case, but I had stopped the elderberry because I got sick of it. And got a very bad case. I make my own pretty much likes Summerthyme's recipe.
    Yes. Elderberry ( whether sambucol, my syrup recipe, or any other effective form)works by *stopping influenza viruses from reproducing.* It doesn't kill the virus. "Viral load" is the medical term for "how many live virus cells do you have in your system? " The higher the viral load, the sicker you feel, and the more likely you are to develop dangerous problems like cytokine storm.

We've found that we can take as little as 1 teaspoon of my syrup morning and evening for prophylaxis (prevention), and it works probably 99% of the time. (Lots of school teachers and corporate types who travel in flying germ capsules in our family).

If we do start to develop symptoms of flu, we immediately move to a minimum of 4x a day dosing. In the case of the dangerous H1N1 strain in 2009, we took it every 3 hours... and the one day I skipped two doses because I was calling hay, I got so sick I couldn't have gotten out of bed the next day if the house was on fire.

Early and often, and if someone is really ill, set the alarm and dose every 3 hours through the night, as well.

Summerthyme

I have always had a healthy respect for the flu. One time while in college, I got a flu bug on a Friday afternoon back in the 1980s. I was real woozy, like I was drunk. Apparently that flu strain was known to come up on you fast and lower your blood pressure. I floated home, skipped dinner and floated into bed with lots of blankets and just about passed out. I woke up 16 hours later. The bed was slick with sweat, as if I had jumped into a swimming pool and then jumped into bed. Other than being dehydrated, I was otherwise fine. The advantages of being young then. unfortunately I had missed a Saturday Morning field trip.

That was one scary flu strain. I remember later reading about people dying from it.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA