Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Flu
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flu

Flu

Hi,

Flu has hit our home. Within a period of 24 hours we have temps in the 103's. My 8 year old boy is currently at 104. It's a kicker for sure oh my gosh.

Could use a prayer if you can spare.

Thanks in advance.

Plantman

Oh dear... it’s hitting hard everywhere. Prayers sent for all of you.

Prayers for relief and recovery
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Prayers said for your family!

If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2Chronicles 7:14)

Adding our prayers for you and yours!

Prayers said for quick recovery for your family.

Prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Sapere aude

Prayers.
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Quote Originally Posted by plantman View Post
    Hi,

Flu has hit our home. Within a period of 24 hours we have temps in the 103's. My 8 year old boy is currently at 104. It's a kicker for sure oh my gosh.

Could use a prayer if you can spare.

Thanks in advance.

Plantman
    Prayers going up for you and your family Plantman!

It's bad this year here, my sister next door has it and my ex bro inlaw has it the worst!

I'm just getting slight headaches so am taking it easy. V

While everyone is praying, send someone to the store and get some Elderberry syrup.
    While I cared for my wife with the flu, I started to feel symptoms, kicked the dosage to full, missed the flu entirely.
    Sambucus or something like that. It’s a flu-specific antiviral.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

i agree on the elderberry, it is a huge help, also sending prayers for you all!
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Sorry everyone is so very ill. Itís very hard when everyone in the household comes down with something like flu.

I remember back not long after JFK was killed, Dad was away on some military thing, Mom & all of us kids (at the time there four) were super ill, like the Plantman Family, flu with bronchitis. Mom had to write down medicines & times because we were (esp., she was) so very ill we couldnít think straight. We were also without any contact from neighbors or phone for a little over a month. Donít know how Mom did it but Iím certain there were lots of prayers then, too.

Prayers for the Plantman Clan (and for everyone struggling with illness, ) to get relief and to get well fast.

This is a good time to remind everyone of Fruit Loopís excellent pinned Prep Series in the Prep Room:
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...rep-101-Series
    Esp., scroll down to Post #14 on Flu Care. Thanks, FL! (I know Sat will pass along the thanks, even if you donít see it at first.)

Praying for you all!!!

prayers for your family and all those who catch this nasty bug.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Oh my! So sorry to hear that. Praying for you and your family.

My husband and I have been sick with something too. Ours is in our lungs and we do a lot of coughing.

Please use cold compresses to bring fever down. Also give crushed ice to bring fever down. Only give a little ice at a time.

My prayers for you and your family. It went around here for us right at Christmas. It was probably the "quickest" flu for us anyway - like 24 hours.
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, ďGo to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.Ē

praying hard.
    Inner Connections
    God gets the
    Glory...He gave the Gift

Lifting you all up in thought and prayer for quick healing!
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

18 So sorry for you guys, but maybe give this a shot...

Several of us in our church choir picked it up at the same time (we did some caroling at a Nursing home three weeks back on a Wednesday night.) All of us had the same symptoms beginning on Friday. We were all coughing horribly on Saturday with fevers up and down. We all missed Church on Sunday, but one of us went to an urgent care facility Sunday morning. They tested him, and diagnosed him as type A, gave him Tami-flu, and some steroid shots... that evening he was feeling much better, and went to work the next day... I didn't do any of that, took all kinds of over the counter immune boosters, and missed three days work that week, thought I was going to cough up a lung, even while taking double doses of cough syrup. (Actually still have a bit of a cough.) Lost 5 pounds in 5 days, and did not ever have the runs or toss my cookies. Just coughing so bad I could hardly eat.

The moral to the story is if you can get diagnosed, and get some Tami-flu, do so!
    "If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally ó you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots." -Jeff Foxworthy -Hey! Maybe not anymore!!!

Mathew 24:6 "See to it you are not alarmed." (Though He also said to "keep watch" and to build your house "on the Rock".)

Prayers for your family's well being. And i hope you have good medicines to take like elderberry and whatever else you use. Flus can be very very horrible.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Prayers. My son and I are down with it right now.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

It past through my dear daughters on Christmas. Very bad. Four adults and 5 children with two bathrooms. Needless to say 5 gallon buckets were quickly claimed. I think they missed this strain with the vaccine again. Elderberry is the best. Wife and I have been taking elderberry tea every day since Christmas. We both got a little headache and sore but nothing more serious. So far so good. Elderberry seems to be a very effective antivirus. The flu shot not so much. I quit them years ago because they rarely get the right strain. My prayers to you and family. Stay low and start let the elderberry tea flow with a little real honey.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Awful thing, the flu.

Don't want until you're sick to get some elderberry tincture, or Sambucol. Think it was Summerthyme who introduced us to that some years back, and it is wonderful at alleviating the effects. Now we make our own, but it's available at some stores, like coops, health food stores and even drug stores (only the official "Sambucol" version).

IIRC it was compared to Tamiflu some years back in a test and did as well or better at shortening up flu sick days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    ...The flu shot not so much. I quit them years ago because they rarely get the right strain...
    Yeah, see my post above... and I had a flu shot this year... so much for that. I think they said this year it is likely to be 10 percent effective.

ETA, sounds like I need to pick up some elderberry syrup...
    "If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally ó you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots." -Jeff Foxworthy -Hey! Maybe not anymore!!!

Mathew 24:6 "See to it you are not alarmed." (Though He also said to "keep watch" and to build your house "on the Rock".)

Vit C, Elderberry and wash your hands, wash your hands, WASH YOUR HANDS and keep them away from your face. If at all possible avoid public places and people.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

What passes for Vitamin C is not, it's not the component that helps with immunity, it's the acid. Apple cider vinegar is much cheaper and more effective.

Sambucol kills the virus in the throat, I believe it was devised by the Israeli army, you may be able to pick up dried elderberries at a bulk store, I make a tea with them then chew the berries once they've rehydrated. Wash your hands for sure as Shadow Man says-I wipe down store shopping carts along with my hands entering a store and exiting. Wash all fruit and veggies, bananas and oranges as well.

Sorry to hear you're all ill Plantman, hope you get well fast. Rotten way to begin the new year.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Started to feel funny at Midnight mass. By the time I got up the next morning, I was hacking up a lung and it's been that way since but not to the degree of Christmas day. I saw a posting on facebook from an ER nurse at a local hospital and she claimed that they were packed the night before and probably 90% or more were flu cases and unless it's caught early, there is very little they can do other than keep you hydrated. She said the most effective prevention is also the cheapest...wash your hand, wash your hands, wash your hands. And when you think you're done, wash them again! Right now my hands are so dry they hurt sometimes!

I didn't know about the elderberry tea. I'll have to get some and start sipping!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

It's nice being immune to the flue. Seems like the wife gets it every year. I never get it.

Be careful that you don't jinx yourself!

Praying for your family to get over this flu.

Susan

Well thank you all very much! My fever immediately went down into the 101.5 area pretty much after I posted this. I've been playing nursemaid to my boy and sweetheart. They ended up crawling into the same bed. Sigh.. My wife's been at a miserable 103.1 and my cherub boy has been hovering around 103.5 to right now 104. Good Lord this is the highest fever he's ever had.

I popped a couple tylenol and bundled up and went to the co-op for some Sambucus as suggested. I also got some vitamin C gummies. I made sure I hand sanitized before and after I went in and didn't talk. I didn't want anyone else to catch it of course.

So we use the oscillococcinum pellets for fevers in our house hold (the little guy anyway) and have always had good luck with it. But for some reason not this time. I called the free consulting nurse here locally and they said to call in if his fever gets to 105. I figure that's when I'll break out the tylenol for him.

The good news is, he has been hydrating like a champ and has an appetite, which both I and my SO do not. He's just been allowed crackers, but wants toast so who knows. But anyway, working my behind off today was not fun but I did feel supported by your prayers.

Reminds me of a family story, a long time ago in the farm country of Utah, one of my ancestors was struck with a particularly virulent flu. Hit everyone at the same time. It was so bad that they literally couldn't move. The story goes that one of the teenagers knew he had to do something because nobody had the strength to eat, much less cook. He dragged himself across the floor, took forever. Heated the water, made some broth. Fed everyone, fell into bed and repeated it.

I've got my eye on my boy but it's not like he's a little little guy anymore. He really doesn't want to do the tylenol, and I can't blame him as we either have a suppository or a pill. Neither are fun!

Plantman, you could get your son into a luke warm bath - not too warm - and have him stay in while the water cools down naturally. It should help to bring his fever down slowly and safely as the water cools. It always worked for my son.

Praying!!

Adding my prayers for you and your family. I second the elderberry recommendation. Also for Vitamin C - if you can find EmergenC Immune Strength it adds Vit D and Elderberry to their normal Vit C formula. And it's a powder you add to liquid so easy to take and easy on the stomach.

HD

I hope you all feel better soon!

Hello Plantman,

Wow - adding my prayers!

Hope those temps come down soon and you guys can get on the down side of this!

Read the flu vaccine was pretty much a miss this year.

I see you are in the PNW - coming from the west - yikes! This is a heck of a flu coming then!
    "Apres la Guerre."

My dear friend in Colorado has it. He's in the hospital as it went to his chest and he now has pneumonia in addition to Influenza A. He's basically on life support, intubated and sedated. He didn't have enough oxygen and became extremely agitated and confused because he couldn't breathe. They're not sure he will make it.

Advice....... If it goes to your chest, run, don't walk for treatment. Don't let it get as bad as his did before he went to the hospital.

I'm somewhat over some sort of creeping crud I got three weeks ago. For about 4 or 5 days I had an intermittent headache--a stabbing pain that hit every 15 or 20 seconds, and Ibuprofen just barely kept it tolerable. Lost about 7 pounds that week, as I could hardly eat anything. Some coughing, although cough syrup kept the mucus production to a minimum.

Largely over it, although I'm still not back to 100% where I was before catching it.

Prayers of healing sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all. I'm doing a lot better, still bleh feeling but the fever seems to have gone. Wife is better too, but my boy's fever has been around 103 to even 105 last night. Taking him in . Not sure what they can do but better safe than sorry.