Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PREP NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Edition
+ Reply to Thread

NEW EDITION - Survival & Austere Medicine - 3rd Edition

for all you preppers and clumsy injury prone outdoorsmen .....

the newly revised and edited 3rd edition of one of the better first aid manuals is now available ....

***** FREE DOWNLOAD *****

https://www.ausprep.org/manuals
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 12-30-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Illini Warrior

2. Thanks! This is awesome. I always thought that in an emergency or prep situation, Iíd be an awesome person to handle all the medical and first aid issues because Iíve read up on it so much and have a head full of knowledge. Then one day my husband sliced the top of his bald head on something... I canít even remember what now. It wasnít even a bad slice ómostly skin, and only a little blood. A totally superficial wound. He asked me to pull or cut the skin off, and I nearly passed out. Turns out Iím not made for that.

Thanks!!

Congrats Reasonable Rascal and Crew!
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Thanks for the link. Looks like some good stuff in there. I already learned a couple things in a brief scan. Need to stock up on my Ivermectic (dog worm med). In a pinch, certain animal wormers can be used for people.

Looks good!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

We have been found out.

We were waiting on 3 other download sites so that we didn't overwhelm anyone. Turns out December is not such a good month for trying to roll out something like this.

We are working on the print editions right now, formatting that is. After that the ebook edition, which will be a first for us.

The authors and contributors represent 3 continents once again.

Over 600 pages in all, a HUGE expansion from the last edition. Lots of new material - basic medical equipment repair and upkeep, surgical sedation and anesthesia, veterinary medicine, austere psych, and even a basic guide to medications with a best-guess on austere production potential. Believe it or not Doc even tried (and succeeded) in brewing Penicillin at home, though that is a story in and of itself.

The Botanical and Herbal Medicine chapter was left in tribute to our former TB2K member Goatlady, who passed in between editions.

Our current roustabout member Jones Parker also played a very active role - he can toot his own horn though, if the cougar will let him.

Just a suggestion: you WILL want a print edition for after TSHTF and all that. Relying on internet access, or even electricity, ain't the best of plans. The print edition will be via an on-demand service and they will be royalty-free, so as cheap as can be had.

I do caution everyone to make sure whatever download site you use is legit. Just this month we discovered that some scabs in Minsk are SELLING download copies of the last version, and some yahoo from Wisconsin was plagiarizing the nursing chapter as his own for another download elsewhere. This was why we were holding off on the grand announcement - to make a complete list of approved download sites.

To good health and a better New Year everyone!

RR
    http://medtech.syrene.net/forum/

Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction Contributing author and editor

Reddit AustereMedicine/

I've got a copy of the previous version. What kind of upgrades for this one....different suggested protocols?
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

How about 400 pages more? See my post above yours for more info.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
    How about 400 pages more? See my post above yours for more info.

RR
    Sweet!! Already saved. Mucho thanks to you and your collaborators Reasonable Rascal.

Michael

Toot!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    Toot!
    Somebody open a window please.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

just tried to join your website .it wont accept.what i dragged over into the infectious disease

Thank you bump.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

Thank you so very much.

Thank you!

Thank You & thankful for your commitment to human survival.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH..............Thank you! I am looking forward to a print copy as soon as it's available.
    I keep the Ranger/SF medical book in my basic bag, which stays in the back of the Blazer I was an EMT in my younger days. I've used my bag for more things than I can count; even in a metro area with lots of EMS services it's good to have stuff handy when you come up on a wreck or something. I've just started reading this download and it looks to be incredibly useful. Over the next day or so I hope to read it cover to cover.
    Awesome new years gift!

We have been found out.

We were waiting on 3 other download sites so that we didn't overwhelm anyone. Turns out December is not such a good month for trying to roll out something like this.

We are working on the print editions right now, formatting that is. After that the ebook edition, which will be a first for us.

The authors and contributors represent 3 continents once again.

Over 600 pages in all, a HUGE expansion from the last edition. Lots of new material - basic medical equipment repair and upkeep, surgical sedation and anesthesia, veterinary medicine, austere psych, and even a basic guide to medications with a best-guess on austere production potential. Believe it or not Doc even tried (and succeeded) in brewing Penicillin at home, though that is a story in and of itself.

The Botanical and Herbal Medicine chapter was left in tribute to our former TB2K member Goatlady, who passed in between editions.

Our current roustabout member Jones Parker also played a very active role - he can toot his own horn though, if the cougar will let him.

Just a suggestion: you WILL want a print edition for after TSHTF and all that. Relying on internet access, or even electricity, ain't the best of plans. The print edition will be via an on-demand service and they will be royalty-free, so as cheap as can be had.

I do caution everyone to make sure whatever download site you use is legit. Just this month we discovered that some scabs in Minsk are SELLING download copies of the last version, and some yahoo from Wisconsin was plagiarizing the nursing chapter as his own for another download elsewhere. This was why we were holding off on the grand announcement - to make a complete list of approved download sites.

To good health and a better New Year everyone!

RR

Thank you !

We would love a printed edition when it's available, any chance of getting on a waiting list ?

Genny

Quote Originally Posted by mrrk1562 View Post
    just tried to join your website .it wont accept.what i dragged over into the infectious disease
    Was it the correct web site?

I need to change my signature, there was a problem with the other site, which is why it isn't being used. Not that the old one is any great shakes but it still functions for now.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by GenErik View Post
    Thank you !

We would love a printed edition when it's available, any chance of getting on a waiting list ?

Genny
    All I can do is post the link when they are available. We're going to be using Lulu as our print-on-demand service.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post
    Thanks! This is awesome. I always thought that in an emergency or prep situation, I’d be an awesome person to handle all the medical and first aid issues because I’ve read up on it so much and have a head full of knowledge. Then one day my husband sliced the top of his bald head on something... I can’t even remember what now. It wasn’t even a bad slice —mostly skin, and only a little blood. A totally superficial wound. He asked me to pull or cut the skin off, and I nearly passed out. Turns out I’m not made for that.
    yrs ago I* had an absess on my neck

I fidgeted with it for a few months then went to dr.

dr says " I cant do it here (in office) so off to er I went

he opened up

then closed it

says "its a job for a surgeon"

meanwhile I am getting PO,d and went home and got the razor blade and the mirror

wife walks in a and says "watchdoin?"

she says "I can help"

(word of advice) NEVER give wife razor blade and point to your neck.

not even a bullet to bite on she sets to doin the deed.

next day at ER...

surgeon stitches up this mess that is my neck

in a cpl weeks I decided that I didnt wanna drive into town to take the stitches out

wife says

"I can help"

its been over 15 yrs now and there s still one stitch that didn't get out..

always pull on the knotted side..

if you pull on the unknotted side.. you may have a stitch forever

THank you!! It is awesome.

If anyone cant wait for the print edition you can take it to Staples and they will print and bind it for you. I have had that done with pdfs in the past.

I can see I need to make room on the bookshelf for the print edition!

Thank you!!!

Sweet, truly awesome!
    Just a newbie

All I can do is post the link when they are available. We're going to be using Lulu as our print-on-demand service.

RR
    That works for me. We'll be waiting, Thank You !

Bumped for today's crew.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by mecoastie View Post
    THank you!! It is awesome.

If anyone cant wait for the print edition you can take it to Staples and they will print and bind it for you. I have had that done with pdfs in the past.
    Any guess on the cost to do this?

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Once I saw this thread, I realized that this was a book,
    that I needed. I downloaded the pdf, and read through parts of it,
    and its a great book.

I am a Wilderness EMT, a National Outdoor Leadership School alum(NOLS)
    so this book is right down my alley, so to speak.

Being that I am now elderly, I dont spend that much time,
    out in the wilderness areas these days,
    but having the wilderness pre-hospital knowledge,
    is what I consider, an essential prepper skill set.

Will get the book when its available.
    I already have a decent Wilderness EMT library, and this book will be
    right at home with my other wilderness medicine books.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nowski; 12-31-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Thank you, really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder View Post
    Any guess on the cost to do this?

Kathleen
    The answer is... it depends.

Guesstimates are as follows:

Softcover B/W - $25.00

Hardcover B/W - $35

Hardcover Color - $90

Truthfully, as we haven't yet submitted a formatted unit yet we don't have the actual cost, just projections based on the publisher's menu. The color edition is still up in the air due to cost alone.

It was suggested that perhaps using a collection of color plates instead of photos hither and yon throughout the book might bring the cost of the color edition down, but we have to see yet, and that would be an entirely different edit to pull them out and insert reference numbers for the photo plates. The color edition cost illustrates the disparity between print-on-demand publishing and traditional bulk volume printing.

RR
    Last edited by Reasonable Rascal; 12-31-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: corrected quoted pricing from Lulu

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by Nowski View Post
    I am a Wilderness EMT, a National Outdoor Leadership School alum(NOLS) so this book is right down my alley, so to speak.
    Did the Wilderness First Responder+ course in Belize. Audience was mostly medical students, a few civilians including a fellow from The Netherlands, a couple of British 4th year med students, a newly minted doc, and a couple pre-meds. Interesting course made more so by using the jungle as our practice ground.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Bumped for those who were away for the holidays. We should have a 2nd download site up and running this evening, still working on a couple more.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Thank you.

Finally got this printed out and into a binder. I was reading Improvised medicine last night and saw that the earlier edition of Survival and Austere Medicine is listed in the references in the Dental chapter.

Now have our first US download site. Lots of other survival stuff there as well, and I mean LOTS of downloads.

http://1776patriotusa.com/survival-austere-medicine/

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Now the Northern Nevada Preppers Group is hosting it as well.

We are proud to be hosting the most recent edition of Survival and Austere Medicine:
    An Introduction, written and edited by The Remote, Austere, Wilderness and Third World Medicine Discussion Board Moderators.
    The 600+ page book seeks to provide you with the medical knowledge needed
    to approach health care after large scale, long term, grid-down disaster.
    They have kindly allowed us to provide a link here for you to download this very well made collection for free.
    Please share with anyone that might benefit.
    Click here to download your copy.
    http://www.nnpg.net/stuff.shtml

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Bump.

And as of today the College of Remote and Offshore Medicine is hosting the book download for our European friends. That makes hosting available on 3 continents now. They are also adding it to their curriculum as a resource work.

CoROM as they are called is a serious school. Tactical, industrial, remote (think 3rd world) and critical-care Paramedic training, add-on stuff for those of us already trained and experienced but who want to carry it to the next level. You can even arrange a week of flight time with a helicopter EMS service through them. Oh, that's in Hungary, BTW. The College is located on Malta. The instructors are kind of high-speed/low drag types, too.

https://corom.org/survival-austere-medicine

Working now on selecting a printer for the hard copies.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/