Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Melania is making a key mistake that makes her less admired than Michelle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Melania is making a key mistake that makes her less admired than Michelle

In the interest of fairness, here is an article that pans Mrs. Trump.
    The provenance of this article is Business Insider, owned by Mr. Bezos and others.
    Gallop is a discredited polling source.
    I find this article hilarious and out of touch.
    Other readers may need a barf bag.,
    SS

Melania Trump is making a key mistake that makes her less admired than Michelle Obama

Business Insider
    Kate Taylor
    Dec 28th 2017 3:12PM

Michelle Obama placed second in Gallup's poll of the most admired women in the US, while Melania Trump earned the No. 8 spot.
    Trump has received backlash for wearing expensive outfits, which can make her seem out of touch with Americans.
    Obama, meanwhile, used her fashion choices to represent social and political initiatives.

[ETA-]

Michelle Obama trumped Melania Trump in winning over the hearts of the American people.

On Wednesday, Obama earned the No. 2 spot on Gallup's poll of Americans on the woman living anywhere in the world they admire most. 7% of the Americans polled said they admired Obama more than any other woman.

The No. 1 spot went to Hillary Clinton, whom 9% of Americans said they admired the most.

Trump, meanwhile, took the eighth spot, with 1% of Americans naming her as the woman they most admire.

As first ladies, both Trump and Obama primarily focused on nonpartisan issues — obviously, a contrast to Clinton's freedom and responsibility to address things head-on as a presidential candidate. And, for better or worse, both Obama and Trump have been judged on their public presentation as well as their social and political efforts.

The difference is that Obama found ways to use fashion to bolster her political credibility — a skill Trump is still developing.

Obama became famous for her appreciation of Target and J.Crew fashion during her time as first lady. She used fashion to appear as an accessible yet aspirational "mom-in-chief."

Obama's fashion sense was often used to symbolize her social initiatives. One of Obama's best-known acts as a first lady was establishing the White House garden in 2009. It went hand-in-hand with her efforts to reduce rates of childhood obesity, with initiatives such as the "Let's Move" campaign and school nutritional regulations.

Obama used the garden as a place to showcase her down-to-earth fashion. Vogue said in its review of Obama's 2012 book, "American Grown," that "throughout the book, the first lady, always beautifully coiffed, wears a different J. Crew sweater to match the season (marigold yellow for summer, argyle for fall)."

Trump, meanwhile, has come under fire for some of her more expensive outfits. The first lady has scaled back somewhat after her clothing choices sparked criticism (you won't spot her in another $51,000 coat), but her wardrobe is still notably more expensive and has more designer labels than Obama's.

That's not to say that the first lady is not without her supporters. Becoming Americans' eighth most admired woman in the world is nothing to sneer at, especially since Trump beat out notable names such as Kate Middleton and Beyoncé Knowles.

Still, Americans demand substance — not just style. Obama managed to use her fashion choices as a way to make a political statement.

Trump is beginning to do the same, making adjustments like adopting a disaster-zone uniform that stands in stark contrast to her typical high-fashion looks.

However, there's still a lot the first lady needs learn from her predecessor.
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...bama/23318959/
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

I can't believe I was dumb enough to read that after reading the preamble warning...lol! But I did learn something, I didn't realize the Marxist Billionaire Jeff Bezos owned the wildly misnamed Business Insider. It ranks right in there with Huffing & Puffington Post as total beeee essss...

The wookie dressed like A.Aunt Jemima B. A 14th street hooker and C. An overweight, gawky, female with ZERO knowledge of "fashion" or "style" with an ass so big it needs it's own zip code to boot.

Give me a woman who dresses well ANYTIME. Substance is in the care one takes with ones self overall-not in her choice of cheap fashions to promote "accessibility" and being "in touch".

This article is a lame assed attempt to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

The media Bashas Melania for her choice of Footwear and for donating dr. Seuss books to children. Her putting on cheaper clothes is not going to make them like her.

Article failed to mention the grand prize winner of largest male genitalia goes to the Obamanible Sasquatch.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

This was a multiple barf bag article!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read through the article. What a bunch of bullshit!!!
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    The wookie dressed like A.Aunt Jemima B. A 14th street hooker and C. An overweight, gawky, female with ZERO knowledge of "fashion" or "style" with an ass so big it needs it's own zip code to boot.

Give me a woman who dresses well ANYTIME. Substance is in the care one takes with ones self overall-not in her choice of cheap fashions to promote "accessibility" and being "in touch".
    Melania is a lady with culture no class thru and thru. The kindest thing one could say about Michelle is not to speak of her at all.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

did this article also mention Hillary was the "Most Admired" for something like 16 years in a row?

Remember-these are the same people who were telling you Hillary was gonna win right up until the last minute, how she was so 'Fashionably Dressed" in her pantsuts of old motel draperies and vaccuum cleaner bags.

Of course their "Polls" are going to list Michelle and Hillary and a pile of dog shit as more favorable than Melania.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Of course their "Polls" are going to list Michelle and Hillary and a pile of dog shit as more favorable than Melania.
    And they don't even have to try hard to generate numbers to support their cause. As in...
    7% of the Americans polled said they admired Obama more than any other woman.
    Are not 7 percent of the human US population black female? As if this group would vote for anyone else?

This along with 6 percent black males total up to the 13 percent of the total US population that is black.

Sorry, the black male population would be higher at 7 percent - but they're the front line combatants in the ongoing war against themselves - and so far they're winning the war.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

It's Bushes fault.
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Was interesting to me that the tone of this article was closer to fair than most.

Michelle Obama trumped Melania Trump in winning over the hearts of the American people.

Gigglesnort!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

The only thing I wish Melania could do more of is push for more support for stay at home moms and single moms. But she is busy raising her son. And to be honest, to me that is a big statement in and of itself.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kyrsyan View Post
    The only thing I wish Melania could do more of is push for more support for stay at home moms and single moms. But she is busy raising her son. And to be honest, to me that is a big statement in and of itself.
    good points.
    In politics, it is good to pay attention to what people do, not just what they say.
    'Michelle Obama trumped Melania Trump in winning over the hearts of the American people.

Gigglesnort! '

Agreed.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Trump has received backlash for wearing expensive outfits, which can make her seem out of touch with Americans.
    Obama, meanwhile, used her fashion choices to represent social and political initiatives.

www.peopleofwalmart.com

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    This article is a lame assed attempt to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    Wrong end of the sow, Vestige. Not the EAR end...the REAR end.

Quote Originally Posted by Normallguy View Post
    It's Bushes fault.
    Get with the times. It was Putins fault.

The liberal mindset is now so delusional as to be farcical. If you compare our current FLOTUS, and how she handled Christmas at the White House, versus how our former sleaze went around her duties as Ms. Obama, then this type of DRIVEL no longer matters.

They hate us, for sure they truly do. Trump may have seen this article too. It could be one reason he is now going after Jeff, my employees use sex brothels filled with underage human traffic women, Bezos. Trump doesn't just rant and rave. He takes concrete steps that cost morons like Bezos actual money. I won't say that Amazon shipping costs are low either. I spent $5 on eyeglass straps. The postage was also around $5.

Bezos is a toad and Trump needs to start breaking up the media cartels instead of whining about media bias. The media is biased because six large corporations, all liberal, even Fox the scammers, control the entire mainstream media.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

How's the First Lady's anti-bullying campaign going?

I happen to know a great number of women who greatly-admire the former First Lady. They're also careful watching to see if Mrs. Trump gives the special blink-signal that signifies that she wants to be rescued.

Honestly, our First Lady, Melania Trump, would look good in anything.
    Can't say that for the wookie !
    Last edited by GenErik; 12-29-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: capitalize First

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJohn View Post

I happen to know a great number of women who greatly-admire the former First Lady. They're also careful watching to see if Mrs. Trump gives the special blink-signal that signifies that she wants to be rescued.
    Since you hang out with ignorant bimboes, it says much about you. Blink signal rescue???? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Michael Obama was by no means a lady, let alone a former First Lady. That thing was a co-conspirator with the reputed halfrican which used a fake birth certificate on the government website and was the primary agent of change for the deep state insurgency. May Guantanamo be used to its fullest.

That Kool-Aid tastes great, doesn't it?

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    JMHO but First Lady Trump has ALWAYS dressed appropriately for the situation and looks absolutely amazing doing it. From touring the Harvey impacted areas of Texas to an audience with the Pope, Mrs. Trump has displayed impeccable taste and class. Now compare her look on the Vatican visit to Michelle Obama's Italy visit of the same time frame. Michelle looked like a hoochie mama visiting churches in Italy.

I don't know where this writer gets his info but there are thousands of fashionistas out there that are watching to see what the First Lady wears. They will study and copy the look for themselves. The very same phenomenon goes for Duchess Kate and others in the public eye.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Was it really necessary to post this garbage?

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

The Gallup Poll

http://www.postandcourier.com/politi...f57fd0f00.html

South Carolina's own Nikki Haley is one of the most admired women in the world today, according to a recent poll from Gallup.

The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations joins the company of powerful and influential women, including the one Haley said inspired her to run for office: former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

For the 16th year in a row, Clinton was named the most admired woman. Clinton has made the annual list 22 times in total, more than anyone else.

This is Haley's first time.

Haley, who was named the sixth most admired woman, shares the title with four other well-known ladies: former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, first lady Melania Trump, Duchess Kate Middleton and singer Beyoncé Knowles.

Since becoming ambassador, Haley's political stock has continued to rise with many speculating she will one day run for president.

Though Haley accepted the U.N. position with no foreign policy or diplomatic experience, the former governor of South Carolina has made her mark in President Donald Trump's Cabinet.

Recently, Haley threatened the U.N.'s 193 member countries with funding cuts if they approved a resolution to condemn the United States for recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The resolution passed. Days later, Haley announced plans to slash $285 million from the U.N. budget.

She also has condemned chemical attacks in Syria, issued sanctions on North Korea and surprised her boss when she said it was time for women who have been mistreated or violated by men to speak up and be heard.

The most admired man for the 10th year in a row is former President Barack Obama, who edged out current President Donald Trump 17 percent to 14 percent. The top five most admired men were rounded out by Pope Francis, the Rev. Billy Graham and U.S. Sen. John McCain, respectively.

According to Gallup, a quarter of Americans can't name a man or a woman they admire most. About 9 percent name a relative or friend as the most admired man, while 13 percent do so for the most admired woman.

Gallup conducted the survey from Dec. 14-11. It involved 1,049 participants.

Reach Caitlin Byrd at 843-937-5590 and follow her on Twitter @MaryCaitlinByrd.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/politi...f57fd0f00.html

Tell us about it. All the news media is corrupted and delusional- programming the simple-minded into believing the lies. If you say it tastes great, don't be offended if I think you are full of it and I will abstain from imbibing. But you just keep on with your programming. Drink to your heart's content.

What's the latest excuse for the Obamanation having a social security number from a state he never lived in? Can you show ANY AMERICAN with same? Or is it too inconvenient to even think about?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Was it really necessary to post this garbage?

No, but it has had some entertainment value. Just wished they'd stop calling M. Obama a wookie. Wookies everywhere are insulted.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

'Bezos is a toad and Trump needs to start breaking up the media cartels instead of whining about media bias. The media is biased because six large corporations, all liberal, even Fox the scammers, control the entire mainstream media.'

Preach it, DD!!!

I for one, am RELIEVED that Mrs. Trump sees no need to relate "politically" over any issues at all. She's a mom of a teenaged boy - in highly unusual circumstances. I'm sure as time goes on, she'll feel moved to champion a cause she really cares about. But she wasn't elected - her husband was; she seems a very private person (good luck, m'dear) and doesn't seek the spotlight. THAT'S HER CHOICE and there's no requirement beyond the ceremonial, for her to be involved in matters of state or the dirty mud pit of politics.

Frankly I'm sick of the ambitious women getting politically involved because their hubby's got elected. You can just see the wheels turning about becoming eligible to run themselves. Not ALL of LIFE is POLITICAL.

They still believe these polls eh? Ha...ha...ha....Election night should have told them something. They can lie all they want to. Anyone who believes the b/s is deluded.

I happen to know a great number of women who greatly-admire the former First Lady.
    Now these women are true kool aid drinkers that is for sure.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    Since you hang out with ignorant bimboes, it says much about you. Blink signal rescue???? I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Michael Obama was by no means a lady, let alone a former First Lady. That thing was a co-conspirator with the reputed halfrican which used a fake birth certificate on the government website and was the primary agent of change for the deep state insurgency. May Guantanamo be used to its fullest.
    From the point of view of the OP, Melania's big mistake is that she is White. Attractive, educated, and intelligent aren't helping either.

FWIW, the "blink signal" is a reference to some Bullshit put forth by the Liberal media about Melania supposedly being trapped in an abusive marriage. Haven't heard much about that since the Inauguration - guess it didn't get much traction.

this is the ultimate ****ing shit posting I have ever seen..........

Gee... What were some of Mooch's "Fashion choices"?

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

If ever a first lady looked like a guy in drag, it's the Mooch. Legs apart, she stands like a man, and she has man legs.
    The only reason I still think she is probably female is that a guy would have gotten a better boob job.