Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INTL Nikki Haley Announces $285 Million Reduction to U.N. Funding
+ Reply to Thread

Nikki Haley Announces $285 Million Reduction to U.N. Funding

Nikki Haley, United States Ambassador to the United Nations (U.N.), announced Sunday night that the federal government has reduced its contribution to the U.N.’s annual budget by 285 million dollars.

The Christmas Eve statement reads in full:

Today, the United Nations agreed on a budget for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. ‎Among a host of other successes, the United States negotiated a reduction of over $285 million off the 2016-2017 final budget. In addition to these significant cost savings, we reduced the UN’s bloated management and support functions, bolstered support for key U.S. priorities throughout the world, and instilled more discipline and accountability throughout the UN system.

“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known. We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked. This historic reduction in spending – in addition to many other moves toward a more efficient and accountable UN – is a big step in the right direction. While we are pleased with the results of this year’s budget negotiations, you can be sure we’ll continue to look at ways to increase the UN’s efficiency‎ while protecting our interests,” said Ambassador Haley.

Haley’s statement comes after the U.N. voted to condemn the United States for President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The resolution, backed by nations with long records of extreme human rights abuses, passed 128-9 last Thursday. Haley immediately responded by threatening to reduce America’s U.N. funding.

“The United States will remember this day in which it was singled out for attack in the General Assembly for the very act of exercising our right as a sovereign nation,” Haley told the assembly in New York City.

“We will remember it when we are called upon to once again make the world’s largest contribution to the United Nations and we will remember it when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit.”

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...on-u-n-budget/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

A good beginning - I hope she works herself completely out of a job!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Merry Christmas! Maybe the U.N. could move to Canada.
    "Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas." -- Groucho Marx

" Nikki Haley Announces $285 Million Reduction to U.N. Funding "

Well, that's a good start.

*SPANK*
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    *SPANK*

Deplorable

The article wouldn't copy but I kept look and it looks like the US contributes something like 1.3 billion a year to the UN; possibly more some years in peacekeeping. http://www.politifact.com/global-new...un-22-percent/ (or about 20 percent of the UN budget).

Given their current actions, the UN might want to think about how they are going to fund themselves; because I suspect this cut is the warning shot across the bow.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by inskanoot View Post
    Canada would leave them too close to us. I would prefer a small island in the pacific. One of those they did a nuclear test on.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    Canada would leave them too close to us. I would prefer a small island in the pacific. One of those they did a nuclear test on.

I believe the alternative HQ is in Geneva, though my hunch is the Swiss might not be too happy to be their main host these days either; they tend to be very protective of their own.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

It is a small start in the right direction. Last year the USA gave $2,957,000,000 to the UN.

Looks like we will be giving up $2,672,000,000 in 2018

As the pedophile investigation continues, I see the UN taking a hit.

I wonder if this last EO has some verbiage that will negate the whole "diplomatic immunity" thing?

Or will it just allow assets to be seized even if the criminals get away?

Deplorable

Actions have consequences....if they haven't figured that out yet. No worries, I'm sure the A-rab nations will come to the rescue and make up the shortfall. /sarc
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by inskanoot View Post
    hush now

we have enuf probs with mr rainbow sox

Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    It is a small start in the right direction. Last year the USA gave $2,957,000,000 to the UN.

Looks like we will be giving up $2,672,000,000 in 2018
    How much of that was discretionary and how much was determined by congressional mandate?

Deplorable

MERRY CHRISTMAS, TO EACH AND EVERY ONE!

A nice New Year's gift would be halving the rest of our contributions to them.
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

The UN should nove to Venezuela, I think! Their policies seem to be more in line with UN goals.

I like this but think it's not nearly enough. It wasn't worded stiff enough either. The U.N. sucks and has been for anti-american interests for far to long. I don't want my tax dollars supporting an anti-us organization.

Find out the lowest contribution made by any country in the UN

Give one dollar more than that

or

Just kick the UN out of FUSA and apply all that money to deficit reduction or lower taxes by that amount for everyone in the country.

FUSA can manage without anything the UN does, since the UN wants to dictate what FUSA does, tell the UN to pack up, get out, and pound sand. Let's see how that works out for them.

The only thing UN is used for is to justify sending sons and daughters into harms way to placate those who don't like FUSA and do not have the best interests of FUSA free citizens in mind.

BU BYE UN, GTFO
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Let Kim No Dong know the island is available for testing his next nuke.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Too bad it isn't shut down completely.
    BITCOIN MINING BOOM HITS SMALL TOWN IN WASHINGTON STATE https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-minin...hington-state/

LOL. It is a start in the right direction.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

Quote Originally Posted by lanod View Post
    The UN should nove to Venezuela, I think! Their policies seem to be more in line with UN goals.
    No, North Korea.

Maybe the U.N. could move to Canada.
    Nope......backup was St. Petersburg, Russia.
    True North Strong and Free

YAHOO...........MERRY CHRISTMAS USA
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

That's nothing. $1,000,000,000 I'd consider a serious gesture to Americans. Less than $300,000,000 yes that's a lot of money, but it's laughable in the big picture and an empty gesture.
    Would rather see all the diplomats booted from American soil, the buildings razed, trees and grass planted, and call it a green space.

Quote Originally Posted by greysage View Post
    That's nothing. $1,000,000,000 I'd consider a serious gesture to Americans. Less than $300,000,000 yes that's a lot of money, but it's laughable in the big picture and an empty gesture.
    Would rather see all the diplomats booted from American soil, the buildings razed, trees and grass planted, and call it a green space.
    I've seen that Trump does a lot of trial balloons and market testing.

Usually it starts with some tweets on a subject, then maybe mention at a public appearance.

After this first action, he will gauge the response and go from there.

I doubt that he is done with the UN funding thing.

Deplorable

I know she is just passing on Pres. Trump's official policy changes, and they don't initiate with her,
    but she does it with great panache and makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Too bad it isn't shut down completely.
    'ZZZZaaaaKKKLLYY right - get us OUT of the UN - an old Bircher Billboard campaign from the early 90's IIRC
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I think the UN ought to be moved to China. They wouldn't put up with any sh*t from the foreigners, and diplomatic immunity would be out the window pronto. That's probably where it will wind up anyway, so why not just negotiate and boot them now?

Now why would you want to mess up a perfectly good radioactive contamination zone by putting a whore house like the UN up in it?
    All love is unrequited-Cmdr. Susan Ivanova //Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. - Capt. Mal remember boys and girls ATFTRAF I used to run with giants, now I wait to be zombie road kill.

It's a start! And I'd LOVE to know the retail value of the land in NYC on which the UN sits. I'm sure the President is very familiar with that real estate market Send them all packing to a place like Damascus or Beirut, the "garden spots" of the globe and be done with the whole nest of vipers and their "diplomatic immunity" once and for all.
    A long national nightmare has ended. Our Republic STILL stands!! The Adults are back in the building. Now we take our Country back, no matter how many special snowflakes have to be melted down to do it. President Trump, you've got the ball. Lets ROCK!!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/nik...estern-journal

Nikki Haley Silences Muslim Diplomat With Only 13 Words

Chris Agee
    The United States remains defiant this week in the face of mounting criticism from the United Nations regarding President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

As The Western Journal previously reported, the U.S. vetoed a measure that would have reversed Trump’s pronouncement. U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley went on to criticize the member states who support that security council resolution and a similarly worded non-binding measure that was approved Thursday by the General Assembly.

One Reuters reporter tweeted Wednesday that a “senior diplomat from a Muslim country” shot back at Haley after reading a letter she reportedly sent explaining that Trump intended to keep a close eye on which nations voted against his Jerusalem decision.

“States resort to such blatant bullying only when they know they do not have a moral or legal argument to convince others,” the unnamed official told Michelle Nichol
    Haley once again defended the position by claiming American sovereignty on the issue.

She tweeted that such action actually comes “when a country is tired of being taken for granted.”

The former South Carolina governor used similar language when she defended the prior veto, which marked the first such security council vote by the U.S. in six years.

Haley claimed the action was “in defense of American sovereignty and in defense of America’s role in the Middle East peace process.”

She went on to warn nations supporting the resolution against the U.S. that they could face similar retaliation in the future.

“The United States has a sovereign right to determine where and whether we establish an embassy,” she said. “I suspect very few member states would welcome security council pronouncements about their sovereign decisions.”

Ahead of the general assembly vote on the matter, both Haley and Trump have made it clear the U.S. plans to hold nations individually accountable.

In a letter sent to most of the 193 member states participating in the vote, Haley wrote that the administration will be keeping track of the nations voting in favor of the measure condemning the U.S.

She also tweeted that the U.S. would be “taking names.”

Trump later made the same case more emphatically.

“Let them vote against us,” he said. “We’ll save a lot. We don’t care. But this isn’t like it used to be where they could vote against you and then you pay them hundreds of millions of dollars. We’re not going to be taken advantage of any longer.”

In the name of peace and safety they will declare Jerusalem an international city and move it there.
    It's Doom O'clock somewhere...

www.strikehardgear.com Support a Vet, Made in USA tactical gear, bible covers & more.
    www.ammopal.com

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    I know she is just passing on Pres. Trump's official policy changes, and they don't initiate with her,
    but she does it with great panache and makes me smile.
    yep.. I like her

she aint no creampuff

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Considering the mindset of middle eastern men regarding females, I'm willing to bet that it's exceptionally hard to be taking this kind of crap from a mere woman!!!

Go Nicki!!!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country