Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Canning Tattler lids
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tattler lids

Tattler lids

Can anyone recommend to me what company is a good one from which to order the Tattler canning lids?

Thanks

Why not from Tattler?

http://tattlerproducts.com/index.html

or search " reusable canning lids" and see what pops up
    Genevieve THE EVIL ONE is in HAPPY EVIL LAND!!..........shaking my head at adults who act like children

Thanks. I just wondered if anyone had a recommendation for a company that offered good prices and maybe sales for them.

Tattler used to run a sale every year but I haven't kept track lately.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Tattler occasionally runs a 10% off sale about twice a year. They were running one earlier this month. I don't know if they still are. I've only seen a deeper sale, anywhere, once and Tattler said that was a mistake made by a salesperson and it won't be repeated.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Carol... I'm sorry I didn't get back to this subject. I haven't been able to find my old receipts, but I'm certain I ordered from the official Tattler site that Genevieve linked to. They sure aren't cheap (never were, but wow!), but then, the standard Ball lids are getting up into the 20-30 cents each range, and they are terrible quality these days!

I'm glad I stocked up on the Tattlers when I did... I would suggest that anyone who really expects to use these a lot should also stock extra rings... the lids themselves are "lifetime" quality, but the rings will eventually get "tired" and wear out. When I was first experimenting with them, I kept reusing one ring and would put a Sharpie mark on it every time I washed it to reuse it. By the time it has been reused 10 times (11 marks), it was getting pretty flattened and ratty looking, but it was still sealing the jar.

If you do buy rings for storage, I'd strongly suggest they get placed either in sealed glass jars, or in mylar with oxygen absorbers... They are rubber, and rubber deteriorates over time, unless packaged carefully.

Summerthyme

Thanks, all.

Summerthyme, I have always stored rubber things in glass jars. Things like baby bottle nipples and also rubber bands. I think the newer canner seals I've gotten might be plastic, not rubber, but I seal those in glass jars, too. And I've found it helps to store ball point pens in a glass jar if you buy a whole pack of them and they need to last a very long time. The erasers on pencils turn to stone in storage, but I get those little pointy caps for my pencils and those get stored in glass, too. It's not perfect, but it does help a lot.