Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SCAM DNA Testing Companies Like 23andme Admit Adding Fake African Ancestry To White Profiles In Order To “Scre
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DNA Testing Companies Like 23andme Admit Adding Fake African Ancestry To White Profiles In Order To “Scre

DNA Testing Companies Like 23andme Admit Adding Fake African Ancestry To White Profiles In Order To “Screw With Racists”

December 6, 2017

Who were your ancestors? What is your ethnic background composed of? Sites like Ancestry.com and 23andme have always been some go to sources in answering all of your toughest questions. But how accurate are they? In a recent interview with Cracked, one of the major ancestry testing companies, (which specific company is unknown) spilled the beans on what really happens when you purchase an ancestry kit. While I can’t say I’m surprised, you may be shocked to learn that these ancestry sites aren’t always as accurate as they claim to be. Beyond this, they’ve also admitted to tampering with the result to “screw with racists”.

When Inside Edition had a set of triplets send their spit in to Ancestry.com and 23andMe, they got wildly different results from both services. Neither gave each triplet the same ancestry results. “Tests can be a crapshoot. For DNA tests, they use genetic markers, which are little variations in the DNA one or several groups may have, but others do not. The more markers there are, the more accurate the test will be.”

Shocked yet? Yeah, I didn’t think so. A lot of my friends have taken these types of DNA Tests, and most of them come back saying, “I don’t think this is entirely accurate…”

Remember when white supremacist Craig Cobb found out that he was 14% black? Well as it turns out, there’s a possibility that those numbers could have been fudged with.

Morgan and his colleagues were caught between a rock and a really-want-to-mess-with-racists place. It would’ve been fun to throw a “10 percent West African” in there, but then they might have a pissed-off, dangerous person at their office, waving a gun. “Since we couldn’t do anything to the results (and we wanted to), what we did was add ‘< 1 percent’ to each African category of ethnicity. That way we weren’t lying, and they would both be wondering how much under a percentage point was. We always try to round to the nearest number because we sometimes hear about percentage points, but for them, we leave it open to whether it’s a one or a zero.”

It’s a compromise that’s elegant in its passive-aggressive simplicity. And it got a result. “The near-N-bomber wrote to us asking what that meant, and we wrote back that it meant it was under 1 percent. And we were not saying zero. Unless they got another test, that was going to bother them. Maybe they weren’t 100 percent Caucasian. I mean, they were, according to the results, but this way it leaves it open, and they’ll always be wondering.”

This is beyond shady and deceptive, people pay more than they can really afford sometimes, just to find out the truth about their heritage. What about this is acceptable? How does this turn a racist into a “non racist”? It doesn’t. There’s nothing but high levels of dishonesty in these companies. Unfortunately, this doesn’t even fully cover the other things they do behind closed doors.

With a massive database of genetic information, the company can turn around and sell that data to other companies. Plenty of those companies are doing scientific research that can only be done with access to large amounts of genetic information. Even government agencies like the National Institutes of Health use the data to better understand the hereditary causes of diseases.

Popular Science reports. Also, AncestryDNA has a partnership with the Google-owned biotech Calico, and shares the DNA of unsuspecting victims in the name of science and helpful research.

If you were hesitant to purchase these kind of kits before, I’d highly advise you to just save your money and discourage SJW’s from telling every white person that they’re black.

https://squawker.org/culture-wars/dn...-with-racists/

Lawsuit city, I'd think.

Assuming of course there is ANY source out there for reliable DNA testing for comparison to the 'screw with racists' results.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

My sister's DNA test came back with a high percentage of Scandinavian ancestry. I've done genealogy back 15 or more generations and we are almost totally English/Scotch with a very small mount (like three couples 6 or 8 generations back) German, Swiss and French. The only Scandinavians would have to be Vikings! Needless to say, I am skeptical.

I have several reasons not to do the DNA test from any of these DNA companies. Surely mine would come back with some black in me, bigotry, and homophobic. Also, they will have my DNA in a data base to share with TPTB in the near future. There was a thread here not too long ago who people got their DNA tested. In recent articles, people got very upset about their DNA results, they weren't who they thought they were. What I don't know can't hurt me.

I'm shocked. I can't believe any scientific endeavor could be altered for political agendas. /sarc
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Anyone who thinks they are going to get an accurate and comprehensive DNA test for a hundred dollars or less is crazy.
    Most of these mass testing procedures do not have high accuracy and are based on loose algorithms that are only approximations with a probability of error around 10% for each data point confidence level.
    Just because they couch their report in scientific sounding terminology does not guarantee the accuracy that most people believe it does.

Seriously, they are more for amusement than clinical accuracy.
    Take them for that and you will be ok.
    Last edited by TerryK; 12-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed

I hope this puts them all out of business.
    They committed fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Lawsuit city, I'd think.

Assuming of course there is ANY source out there for reliable DNA testing for comparison to the 'screw with racists' results.
    I hope they get sued out of existence. Dishonesty seems justified to those who deem themselves superior. Put them in the street.

never did trust such endeavors...............corporate deception and evil agendas
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Lawsuit city, I'd think.

Definitely a fraud case.
    Last edited by Publius; 12-07-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Defiantly a fraud case.
    I'm going to jump in before Dennis here. It would be definitely.
    Yesterday I was young, today I am old, tomorrow I'm dead, and the day after that I never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkian View Post
    I'm going to jump in before Dennis here. It would be definitely.

Well spell check somehow decided it correct me, my bad for not carefully reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    They committed fraud.
    For some reason they don't seem to think they've committed fraud, they act like this is some sort of benefit for mankind, when in fact it is not.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by cleobc View Post
    My sister's DNA test came back with a high percentage of Scandinavian ancestry. I've done genealogy back 15 or more generations and we are almost totally English/Scotch with a very small mount (like three couples 6 or 8 generations back) German, Swiss and French. The only Scandinavians would have to be Vikings! Needless to say, I am skeptical.
    One thing to remember about the French is that if those ancestors are from the Normandy area, there is a good chance they have Scandinavian heritage as that area was settled by Danes/Norsemen around the 8th/9th century. In 1066, William invaded England and brought a lot of Normans with him. So there is most likely a lot more Scandinavian heritage than people think, but I agree with you that it is unlikely that your sister's is correct.

I am descended from Edward I (Plantagenet) who is descended from William the Conqueror (Norman) whose great-grandfather was Rollo, and Rollo takes us back to the old Scandinavian kings. So even though, one would think I am the old standby English/Scotch, I too have the Norse heritage and that incidentally gives my Danish husband and I common ancestors in the old kings.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

The fine print with these companies is that they own your DNA info, forever. Read the fine print. IIRC, you will have co-ownership during your lifetime, then it's all theirs. It's already been used, without the donor's permission, to give DNA to the cops. That was in the news a week or two back.

Whole thing is an expensive scam. What did you expect?

Not directly related to the OP, but hope this adds some background to the subject:

CORRECTION: Ancestry.com Hands Over Client DNA Test Results to Cops Witho̶u̶t̶ a Warrant*
    A pretty good way to discourage people from using gene testing services

Ronald Bailey|May. 6, 2015

My wife is a happy client of the genealogy company Ancestry.com. It's a terrific genealogical resource. For example, my wife confirmed the family story that our particular branch of the Baileys derives from an illegitimate boy born to my 4-times removed great-grandmother Tazzie Bailey in the 1840s.

Ancestry.com also offers a $99 gene-testing service that aims to map your ethnicity. As it happens, we gave my father-in-law a gene-testing kit for his birthday. When I expressed doubts that it would confirm his family legend of having Native American ancestors he challenged me to a bet. He still owes me $100. All-in-all we're pretty pleased with Ancestry.com's services.

So it is with considerable dismay that I read the Electronic Frontier Foundation's report which details how Ancestry.com turned over client genetic test results to police in Idaho without requiring a warrant. Reopening a 20-year old rape and murder case, the police sent a semen sample to be scanned and compared to results in Ancestry.com's Sorenson Database. EFF reports:

Sorenson found 41 potential familial matches, one of which matched on 34 out of 35 alleles—a very close match that would generally indicate a close familial relationship. The cops then asked, not only for the “protected” name associated with that profile, but also for all “all information including full names, date of births, date and other information pertaining to the original donor to the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy project.”

As it happens, familial genetic matching turned up a 62 year-old client who didn't fit the murderer's profile, but the police thought it could fit his son 36 year-old soon. The son was lured to Idaho where a warrant was issued requiring him to submit to genetic testing, partially on the grounds that as a filmmaker he had produced videos depicting murders. His DNA did not match.

AncestryDNA.com's Privacy Statement says:

AncestryDNA will not disclose any of your personal information to third parties except in very limited circumstances which are set out below. ... Examples of the limited scenarios where AncestryDNA may disclose your personal information to third parties are:...(c) as may be required by law, regulatory authorities,or legal process....

Surely, "as may be required by law" means that AncestryDNA should at least demand that the police produce a warrant before turning over their clients' data. See below for Correction.

As a genetic exhibitionist who has posted his genotype screening test results online, I will have only myself to blame if the police decide to use that information against me in some way. However, private genetic testing services had better keep their customers' data private and safe, or soon they may have no clients.

Disclosure: My wife has had her DNA tested by AncestryDNA. So far as we know, she has not yet been implicated in any murders.

Via PoliceZero.

*Correction: The sequence of events is that the Idaho police asked Sorenson Forensics Lab (not affiliated with Ancestry.com) to match Y chromosome genetic data from the crime scene semen sample with Y chromosome data in the public Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation database owned by Ancestry.com. Anyone can obtain access by joining the Sorenson genealogical database, but the identities associated with the genetic data are not public. The police did not get a warrant at to match the semen sample with genetic database. Once a match was made, the Idaho police did obtain a warrant requiring Ancestry.com to release the name associated with the Y chromosome data. Details are in this warrant.

Ancestry.com sent this statement: The genetic information provided by our DNA customers is personal and we have strict standards in place to protect their identities and the integrity of their data. These standards are our first priority. On occasion when required by law to do so, and in this instance we were, we have cooperated with law enforcement and the courts to provide only the specific information requested but we don’t comment on the specifics of cases.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/06/an...ent-dna-test-r

When I was in Germany, my old friend and former housemate got her third test results back; she used all three major companies in the US and all three sets of results were very different.

I contacted a friend that works in the field; there is NO private company doing this that is to be totally trusted, they said the best way to go about this was to find a university or other research program and sign up if you want a bonafide test.

This does not mean that everyone on the for-profit tests is wrong or even that the African ancestry might be wrong.

My friend's first test (several months before) had shown African ancestry but no Native American as she had grown up believing (none of the three tests showed Native American) she was able to go to the genealogy sites, find the still existing records from a Court House back East (long story) and discovered that yes her already known and named Quaker ancestor had married a "Women of Color."

Not the "Seneca" Tribe lady that the family "tradition" said he did - the marriage license records still exist; as my friend said, "The Quaker and the Lady of Color, that must have been one romantic story there" (her day job is novelist and I suggested she write it...lol).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Oh, I forgot to mention; we suspected the opposite of this article title because the other two tests showed NO African ancestry even though she found the ancestor in question and physically traced the evidence.

We both wondered if the other two companies were self-censoring toward White People who might not be happy finding out they were part African or African-American.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

I'm glad to know this as I was thinking about giving my cousin one of these DNA tests for Christmas, as she said that her maternal great-great grandmother walked the trail of tears and she was wondering how much Indian heritage she had.

My sister had hers done and it came back 85% British and Welsh, which we already knew, and 15% French and Scandinavian.
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

This may interest you, won't copy paste correctly
    https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/v...-dna-1-3781684

Vikings still running rampant in Scottish DNA Up Helly Aa festival in Shetland, where the Viking genetic footprint is strongest. Picture: PA Up Helly Aa festival in Shetland, where the Viking genetic footprint is strongest. Picture: PA LIZZY BUCHAN Published: 23:45 Share this article 0 Have your say SCOTLAND’S coasts and beaches carry the genetic footprints of invaders from Ireland and Picts and Norse warriors, new DNA research has revealed. After compiling thousands of samples from across the UK over the past four years, researchers at Scotland’s DNA have apparently uncovered evidence on the differences between England and Scotland’s ancestral DNA. The team tested the genetic makeup of more than 5,000 men across the UK, tracing their past through markers on the Y-chromosome DNA passed from father to son. The researchers used men as women historically moved around more, often due to marriage. Alistair Moffat, historian and co-founder of the business, said: “We measured all of this DNA and started to realise there was a real difference between places in the UK. They are really quite striking. There is no doubt of the impact these invaders had on Scotland’s population.” Researchers found 12 per cent of men in Argyll and south Scotland carried the M222 chromosome, which is believed to have been brought over from Ireland from the fifth century, when Irish invaders crossed the North Channel. These men are believed by the researchers to be direct descendants of the first Irish High King – Niall Noigiallach. This DNA is very rare in England, with no appearance in East Anglia, 1 per cent in Yorkshire and central England, and 2 per cent in the South-east and the South-west. Scots comedian Rory Bremner was among those who shared this DNA. One of Scotland’s lost tribes, the Picts, have also been traced after disappearing from their heartlands near the rivers Forth and Clyde following Viking attacks in the ninth century. In the heartland of the southern Pictish kingdoms, Tayside, Perthshire, Fife and Angus, nearly one-fifth of men carry the Pictish male lineage. This marker is barely present in England with an average of 1 per cent of men carrying the genetic code. Vikings are still running rampant through Scotland as, according to the researchers, 29.2 per cent of descendants in Shetland have the DNA, 25.2 per cent in Orkney and 17.5 per cent in Caithness. This compares with just with 5.6 per cent of men in Yorkshire carrying Norse DNA. It was Germanic invaders who ravaged the English coast instead, leaving a trail of genetic footprints in their wake. The German Y chromosome R1b S21 is found at a high frequency of 29 per cent in the east, compared with a range of 19-24 per cent across the rest of England. The percentage drops as low as 9 per cent in the South-west of Scotland. Chief scientist Dr Jim Wilson said: “It actually tallies really well with what we learn in history but I was delighted to see these really fine patterns emerge across Britain – some of which are quite specific.” The team collated the information based on where participants’ grandparents were born, to remove the migratory patterns of more recent generations. Dr Wilson, also a reader in Population and Disease Genetics at Edinburgh University, said: “This data allows us to really look back into the past and make discoveries only DNA can show.” Scotland’s DNA now plans to conduct the same process in women, using mitochondrial DNA passed from mother to daughter.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/v...-dna-1-3781684
    Last edited by Cacheman; 12-07-2017 at 12:26 PM.

i did noy use 23 and me .i used another service .i was happy with my results .as it backed up what i thought .as far as dna and the government well .if you where ever in the service well they have that ..if you have ever giving blood to the red cross well they have that ..any blood tests .also if you have had a close member of your family spend even a little bit of time in jail .and by close i mean like a brother or sister mother or father .or even your kids .as now as part of their release from jail they have to give a dna sample ..

*Correction: The sequence of events is that the Idaho police asked Sorenson Forensics Lab (not affiliated with Ancestry.com) to match Y chromosome genetic data from the crime scene semen sample with Y chromosome data in the public Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation database owned by Ancestry.com. Anyone can obtain access by joining the Sorenson genealogical database, but the identities associated with the genetic data are not public. The police did not get a warrant at to match the semen sample with genetic database. Once a match was made, the Idaho police did obtain a warrant requiring Ancestry.com to release the name associated with the Y chromosome data. Details are in this warrant.

Ancestry.com sent this statement: The genetic information provided by our DNA customers is personal and we have strict standards in place to protect their identities and the integrity of their data. These standards are our first priority. On occasion when required by law to do so, and in this instance we were, we have cooperated with law enforcement and the courts to provide only the specific information requested but we don’t comment on the specifics of cases.
    And, of course, the conclusion best drawn is if you never submitted your DNA (and/or any close family members didn't), there won't BE any "data" for them to screw with!

As an adoptee without any real family history (supposedly, my mother was a Norwegian exchange student and my father was her Irish (from Ireland... not sure if he was a citizen or not) college professor. But that's ALL I "know" -and who knows about that, to be honest?!) it would be a real trip to be "contacted" by the police and told they thought I was related to some criminal in a database! I mean, even *I* don't know who I'm related to!

But as I've mentioned in previous threads (even before this confirmation of actual fraud in the reports), this is a Pandora's box that we haven't begun to see the bottom of... and it's entirely likely we won't like what else flies out at some point. I can pretty much guarantee that insurance companies will be (if they aren't already) using it to deny coverage to a whole bunch of people whose "genes" show they "might" be susceptible to developing a serious, life shortening disease at some point.

Summerthyme

The only one they have "screwed", when this news hits, is themselves as a company.

NO ONE will order 23andme genetic testing if they know the results are totally unreliable.

I for one am helping spread the word by posting the article's link to my FB page.

So....what OTHER gene companies are out there that ARE reputable?
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by almost ready View Post
    The fine print with these companies is that they own your DNA info, forever. Read the fine print. IIRC, you will have co-ownership during your lifetime, then it's all theirs. It's already been used, without the donor's permission, to give DNA to the cops. That was in the news a week or two back.

Whole thing is an expensive scam. What did you expect?
    Had thought about using one of these services, but held back, as I expected this and more...
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

wow---so they assume the person they are doing the test for is a racist cause he is white so they purposely alter the report suggesting african links. more proof liberals are petty, immature, smug, intolerant, arrogant, bigoted, prejudiced and forcing Their narrative on those they dont like and can not be trusted.

i hope they get the pants sued off of them.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

I hate to say it but.....

Those people are GUARANTEED a job when applying. Excellent references, good work ethic, complete work history AND an EEOC hire.

Cha-Ching !

Once again leftist stupid backfires in ways their puny melons cannot comprehend. I need to send away for mine today.

its not necessarily a scam all the time. the stigma on mulatto desperate to pass for white was very real after the civil war

those light enough to make it north and "pass" lied about everything, claiming they were Jews, Native Americans, Hawaiians, Egyptians, Greeks, Gypsy Roma etc

anything to explain their skin tone

this is a picture of Tina Fey's mom ( strictly as an example mind you!!!) and you can see how in 1880 Philadelphia an adult woman who had been a runaway servant maid from Kentucky in the 1860's who made her way across the Ohio, could hide in plain site in a huge city and proclaim themselves on the census to be "Grecian" or "Sicilian" or "Corsican". The problem is those ruses are now going to get exposed, as they may not have a drop of that ethnic blood in them after all and told gargantuan lies to children and grandchildren in order to live as full Caucasians at the turn of the century.

so expect surprises on results

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/830b8e09...f0fd6b8f95.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by homecanner1 View Post
    its not necessarily a scam all the time. the stigma on mulatto desperate to pass for white was very real after the civil war

those light enough to make it north and "pass" lied about everything, claiming they were Jews, Native Americans, Hawaiians, Egyptians, Greeks, Gypsy Roma etc

this is a picture of Tina Fey's mom ( strictly as an example mind you!!!) and you can see how in 1880 Philadelphia an adult woman who had been a runaway servant maid from Kentucky in the 1860's who made her way across the Ohio, could hide in plain site in a huge city and proclaim themselves on the census to be "Grecian" or "Sicilian" or "Corsican". The problem is those ruses are now going to get exposed, as they may not have a drop of that ethnic blood in them after all and told gargantuan lies to children and grandchildren in order to live as full Caucasians at the turn of the century.

Or as my friend said, "I guess before the American civil war the family decided it was better to say their relative married a Seneca Indian than a Free Women of Color"...

Obviously, the entire family "passed" and the kids were light enough to do so, or at least the branch of the family my friend is from; her son is part Native American (via his father) and looks like he stepped of the Res...

To those that believe that Lies are reliable steps towards achieving some ultimate “good”, I would warn them that they are not.
    To unbelievers, I live a life of pretty much daily, almost continuous “fortunate coincidences”.

I believe it is because I trust and believe God (is TRUTH) and try to STAY “under HIS protective “wing” by as much as possible never deliberately turning to, or trusting LIES (Satan, the father of Lies) to either “solve” my problems, protect me, or progress toward a “good” goal. Turning to Lies requires denying God’s power and leaving His “fold” and wing of protection.

I believe my guardian angel works overtime to bring me success and blessings, EVEN from my “screw-ups”. I see it daily.
    I lose things.

Yesterday, I went to the base (Ft. Lewis-Madigan) 35 miles away, to pick up my new, stronger Synthroid prescription and test strips for my blood glucose machine and wanting to get home as soon as possible before dark, the first thing I did was pick up a “waiting number” (414) for service in the Pharmacy and since there was more than an hours wait for service, I left there to go get the test strips downstairs at my primary care clinic during my wait time.

I had brought a bag of “little blessings” for others that I met while I was there. There was a wait downstairs also for the lady who issued the test strips, so I decided, that while I waited, to go ahead and get a flu shot that was being given right next to me in the clinic waiting area. The nice young soldier-corpsman who gave me the shot afterwards chose a 2 foot Teryaki sausage stick as his gift. The lady who brought out the test strips to me chose as her gift a gospel tract with a real, liquid filled, watchband compass taped to it. Nobody wanted the ice cold pepsi, canada dry, or sunkist orange drink.

So, I went back upstairs to the pharmacy and quickly looked for my “414 ticket” and couldn’t find it. There were perhaps close to 80 people waiting inside the Pharmacy and more in the overflow waiting. The wait was close to 2 hours now. I took another ticket and sat down. I started handing out “mini” snicker bars, kit-kats, milky ways and baby ruth bars to anyone around me who wanted one saying “the wait is so long, you must be hungry” I had a bunch of them left over from halloween and had to put them out of sight (and get rid of them) because I have little, to no will power to not eat them. I had waited perhaps 15 minutes when a couple in their 80’s came in, sat down across from me, and gratefully accepted a couple of mini-bars. They watched me as I searched my 22 pocket “Scottie” traveler’s vest, 5 pocket coat, and 5 pocket jeans and finally asked, “What are you looking for?”

I told them, I’m looking for my lost “414 Ticket”. He then said “Here! I found that just outside the Pharmacy, in the hallway!” and handed me my lost ticket! They had just called 413 when my ticket “came back” to me. I thanked them and gave them my last two mini- chocolate bars and immediately went to pick up my medicine. Later, I wondered why It did not occur to me to just make a gift of that ticket to them, but I reassured myself that God reminds me when He wants me to do something like that, while Satan just likes to find any excuse to condemn, screw with us and rob us of our joy. If such, what some call “luck” didn’t happen almost daily, I suppose even I wouldn’t recognize it for what it really is. Who would want to leave this shadow of God’s wing of protection and blessings, to instead trust in Satan’s lies to bring some illusive, hoped for “good”?

BTW- I got a (gut level) “warning” about these “ cheap, DNA testing services” and suspected some nefarious, unseen objectives were being thereby served! God is constantly giving me guidance, “go here, don’t go there” but rarely explaining WHY, makng me trust Him and to only LATER find out the WHY!

In about 1983 my (Missouri Synod) Lutheran church did a study on “Spiritual gifts” and we were tested on which gifts we seemed to possess. My gifts were said to be “insight” and “discernment”.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 12-07-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Proverbs 18:13 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

13 He that answereth before that he heareth, showeth himself to be a fool; and worthy of shame.

I don't see anything in particular in Fey's mother. She looks like a typical old lady.

I'm gonna give a pass to anyone who ran away from SLAVERY in the 1800's and managed to survive. Good for them. Something to be proud of in an ancestor, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see anything in particular in Fey's mother. She looks like a typical old lady.

I'm gonna give a pass to anyone who ran away from SLAVERY in the 1800's and managed to survive. Good for them. Something to be proud of in an ancestor, as far as I'm concerned.
    Well, sure! I'd hope anyone would see it that way. But homecanner does have a point... in many families, the stigma against "colored" ancestors was SO strong that they used any excuse for their slightly darker skin, textured hair, etc.

These days, most don't really care about what country their great-great-great-great grandfather came from, except for the emotional "gut punch" that most people feel when they discover that everything they BELIEVED was true about their ancestry/family history was at least partially wrong.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    Anyone who thinks they are going to get an accurate and comprehensive DNA test for a hundred dollars or less is crazy.
    Most of these mass testing procedures do not have high accuracy and are based on loose algorithms that are only approximations with a probability of error around 10% for each data point confidence level.
    Just because they couch their report in scientific sounding terminology does not guarantee the accuracy that most people believe it does.

Seriously, they are more for amusement than clinical accuracy.
    Take them for that and you will be ok.
    Not to mention that people just give their DNA over to labs and don't even bother to ask what happens to their DNA after the lab is done with it!!!!! Same for drug testing too!!!

I know exactly who I am dating back to the 16th century. Voluntarily submitting DNA to a for profit company is foolish and actionable.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

If one or more or all DNA testing sources end up being exposed as compromised in any way.....

what impact will/should that have on convictions/incarcerations/releases/past/existing/future court cases including DNA as an element of the proceedings?

IMO it should negate every case in which determinations of any kind were based on its credibility.

Today... the credibility of DNA testing is dropping like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    If one or more or all DNA testing sources end up being exposed as compromised in any way.....

what impact will/should that have on convictions/incarcerations/releases/past/existing/future court cases including DNA as an element of the proceedings?

IMO it should negate every case in which determinations of any kind were based on its credibility.

As “evidence” DNA does have some DEFINITE weaknesses! It is the EASIEST thing to both accidentally, and deliberately PLANT as “evidence” or “re-label” and get rid of!. It is also relied upon TOO Heavily when other, exculpatory evidence is often dismissed when challenged by alleged found DNA evidence! Few people know that there are ALSO an unknown number of people that carry MORE than one DNA profile due to having absorbed a twin’s DNA while in utero, before birth! Some men carry ONE DNA in their blood and another quite different DNA in their Semen! Women harbor DNA from every child they have been pregnant with, and recently, some researchers have reportedly found that women also harbor DNA from every man that they have ever had sex with!!

I imagine that people who have had transplants/transfusions also harbor “alien DNA” somewhere in their body from the other people that they have been artificially,physically, joined with.

13 He that answereth before that he heareth, showeth himself to be a fool; and worthy of shame.

OK, I'm lost here. Was the story about an 1880's runaway slave in relation to Tina Fey's mom? If so, then the dates don't add up. Was this a generality because Tina Fey's mom is really black (but not a runaway slave), or is Tine Fey's mom Grecian, Sicilian or Corsican and that is possibly what a light-skinned (mulatto) slave could look like?

Funny story - once my wife met her real biological father, he showed her all of his ancient family portraits. One of the pictures showed a rather swarthy lady, so I asked about her. His response (Virginia native, mind you) "Oh, that's my Aunt X, she's mostly Indian - a mulatto" I kinda snickered and after he left explained to my wife what the traditional use of mulatto was reserved for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I know exactly who I am dating back to the 16th century. Voluntarily submitting DNA to a for profit company is foolish and actionable.
    Bones, the thing about REAL DNA tests (as done in medical centers and research labs) is that they don't tell you who you think you are, but who you really are (at least up to a point).

You may be able to recite every ancestor back to Henry the VIII or even Rollo the Viking but what you have is what was recorded as your ancestry.

One of the ticking time-bombs in the more specific DNA testing is well, I like the quote from SM Sterling as he has one of his bronze age characters explaining to a 20th-century person,

"A Mother is a FACT, a Father is an OPINION.."

And until very recently that was true...

There was a study already know in the 1970's when I was at university done in the 1950's in a "nice, white, Middle-Class" hospital when blood typing first became a serious thing (or at least testing did).

The results were so "shocking" that time, that the program was halted because it turned out that a good number of "nice ladies" were giving birth to babies who via their parent's blood type, could not have been created by the official father.

Those tests were not all that great, and there can be mistakes; with proper modern DNA testing in a proper lab (I'm talking real science now, not 23 and me) things are pretty darn accurate, especially for the last thousand years or two; and especially for the most recent several generations.

Huge numbers of people are going to be in for some very-very nasty shocks when this testing is so easy your doctor would be sued for malpractice for not doing it - and I don't think that future is very far away.

They committed fraud.
    Knowingly and blatantly they committed fraud-this should bankrupt them and reduce their wardrobe to orange for a very long time.

These crap sites are nothing more than data gathering warehouses for the globalist science project of planet wide individual identifiers and numbering system and people actually pay them to do it. Egads. Wait til you're arrested for obeying the Constitution, the cops will do it for free.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
    OK, I'm lost here. Was the story about an 1880's runaway slave in relation to Tina Fey's mom? If so, then the dates don't add up. Was this a generality because Tina Fey's mom is really black (but not a runaway slave), or is Tine Fey's mom Grecian, Sicilian or Corsican and that is possibly what a light-skinned (mulatto) slave could look like?

Funny story - once my wife met her real biological father, he showed her all of his ancient family portraits. One of the pictures showed a rather swarthy lady, so I asked about her. His response (Virginia native, mind you) "Oh, that's my Aunt X, she's mostly Indian - a mulatto" I kinda snickered and after he left explained to my wife what the traditional use of mulatto was reserved for.....
    Remember- If it was her Father’s AUNT, that swarthy lady could be totally outside of her father’s (and your wife’s) bloodline, just some black & indian woman her Grandfather’s brother (or ie- her daddy remembers his Father’s brother marrying) married! That may be why he wasn’t that disturbed by it. ( “Black sheep, but not one of our blood”)
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 12-07-2017 at 02:47 PM.

A quick look at the globe in the area of question, and brief intrigue into the etymology of the word “Viking” and that resounding mystery should surely be put to rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post

These are not evidence labs. these are retail labs. They scan your spit for known genetic markers from all known genetic populations and tell which which of how many you have giving you an APPROXIMATE % of each.
    They take all the makers, add them up & divide by 100 and you have percentages from different HISTORICAL genetic pools. They don't look too closely at yours specifically because this is mostly algorithms done by computer. I would explain away the VERY SLIGHT difference on the Triplets in question to having been either ROUNDING ERRORS.. since they showed FEW genetic back grounds and the diffs were within SMALL percentages, OR to the NURTURE aspect of genetic phenotypes.. meaning, a PHENOTYPE is the way the genetics EXPRESS themselves and due to ENVIRONMENT. My 3 bothers should all have the same dna from both parents... physical traits tell us it is true. But each childs experience was different because of the age of their siblings, where they grew up at what age, family politics, etc. All of these go into the "phenotype" that make CERTAIN GENES... Including harmful ones like cancer-associated genes, either become dominant or recessive. These phenotypical changes are more likely to be passed on to offspring to ENCOURAGE the dominance of the genes that gave the parent organism success. In my brother, HIS DIFFERENT PHENOTYPE, or expression of the genes that we BOTH HAVE will lead to different expression in the genes he passes to his offspring. Minor different between siblings or twins, phenotype/ gene expression.

CRIME LAB DNA looks at the evidence from the scene and attempts to match it to KNOWN evidence, and they can tell between brother and father easily. These are SUPPOSED TO BE* highly controlled lawful environments, HOWEVER, the opportunity for fraud and abuse are HIGH and should be very monitored and accredited. It doesn't happen often but recently some DNA crime lab was busted and overturned hundreds or thousands of convictions... many of which probably WERE rapists/ murderers.. but when you have corruption on the State side, it really sucks
    None of these websites were used for crime testing, or under near the same protocols. So, no cases overturned based on this, and DNA, when still DONE CREDIBLY, is very credible!
    Attached Images
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D