Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

REL GENRL Islamic group sues over workplace prayer
+ Reply to Thread

Islamic group sues over workplace prayer

https://www.channel3000.com/news/isl...er-1/669065113

Islamic group sues over workplace prayer

Posted: Dec 07, 2017 07:27 AM CST

GREEN BAY, Wis. - An Islamic group is suing a Wisconsin manufacturer alleging it failed to accommodate 19 Muslim employees who wanted to take prayer breaks during work time.

The lawsuit filed in federal court in Green Bay Wednesday by the Council on American-Islamic Relations wants the Ariens Co. to rehire the former employees and give them back pay and damages.

The plaintiffs also want the Brillion lawn mower manufacturer to reinstate a religious accommodation policy allowing the employees to take short breaks for prayers.

The Journal Sentinel reports Jaylani Hussein, director of the council's Minnesota chapter, says Ariens forced the Muslim employees to choose between their faith and their employment.

Aries said in a statement it was surprised and disappointed by the lawsuit because the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigated the allegations several months ago and dismissed the complaint.

This is on the same level as the gays suing bakeries.

When this happens, the owner or owners need to just close up the business and move ASAP. If the case is even considered to be heard in a US court room.

Sad but it is what it is.

This crap about them having to stop work for prayers is just that, crap. Muslims can work without taking the breaks but they should make the prayers up at the end of the day. This is just a control and indoctrination thing to get us into line and accepting their way of life. I would love to see a judge handling one of these BS cases quote the Koran and dismiss the case on that basis.

ETA:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/making-up-...rayers-2004511

An excerpt from that article: If a prayer is missed, it is common practice among Muslims to make it up as soon as it is remembered or as soon as they are able to do so. This is known as Qadaa. For example, if one misses the noon prayer because of a work meeting that could not be interrupted, one should pray as soon as the meeting is over.

If the next prayer time has already come, one should first perform the prayer that was missed and immediately after the “on time” prayer.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

Moslems pray 5 times a 24 hour day, but 3 of these times are probably outside their normal working hours.(before bed, after sunset and before sunrise) They can work their noon prayer into their lunch break and the afternoon prayer into their work break.
    Don't like it, don't take the damn job.

I've got to wonder how many of these "moslems" actually adhere to the tenants of their faith as far as diet, drinking etc. or are they just trying to get the employer to jump through their hoops, instead of the other way around. If your religious culture is so damn important to you, you should have immigrated to a country more like your own native culture. Tell me how many moslem countries are going to give Christian employees off on Sunday (normal workday in most moslem countries) or any of their normal Christian holidays.

You come to this country to be American, not to have America become your culture.

The prayer times themselves are dictated by the position of the sun:
    • Fajr: This prayer starts off the day with the remembrance of God; it is performed before sunrise.
    • Dhuhr: After the day's work has begun, one breaks shortly after noon to again remember God and seek His guidance.
    • 'Asr: In the late afternoon, people take a few minutes to remember God and the greater meaning of their lives.
    • Maghrib: Just after the sun goes down, Muslims remember God again as the day begins to come to a close.
    • 'Isha: Before retiring for the night, Muslims again take the time to remember God's presence, guidance, mercy, and forgiveness.

Missing prayers is considered a serious lapse of faith for devout Muslims. But circumstances do sometimes arise where a prayer time may be missed. Tradition dictates that Muslims should make up their missed prayer as soon as possible or at the very least recite the missed prayer as part of the next regular salat.
    Last edited by TerryK; 12-07-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed

should have a document signed before hiring about this sort of thing.........and I'd not hire anyone who refused it.............
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by SAPPHIRE View Post
    should have a document signed before hiring about this sort of thing.........and I'd not hire anyone who refused it.............
    Yep, conditions of employment (breaks, lunch, clothing) should be clearly spelled out to employees before they are hired. A signed document is usually part of every large company's new hire package.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

They should have the same lunch break and 10 minute breaks as everyone else.

Brillion lawn mower manufacturer

Likely a production line. What are they supposed to do, shut down the line so a few people can pray?
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Lawfare or legal jihad...

It is used to bring companies into compliance with sharia.

Numerous examples of it...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

I have long thought that the Evangelical Christians unrelenting demands to allow prayer in the schools would come to bite them in the ass someday.

They never realized that if one group can, then all groups must be allowed the same rights and privileges to practice their religion.

Payback is a bitch. Either that or make a rigid distinction between faith and the State.

FA
    Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Aetius View Post
    I have long thought that the Evangelical Christians unrelenting demands to allow prayer in the schools would come to bite them in the ass someday.

They never realized that if one group can, then all groups must be allowed the same rights and privileges to practice their religion.

Payback is a bitch. Either that or make a rigid distinction between faith and the State.

FA
    You are missing one point and that is fairness. Were our forefathers fair to the Indians? The blacks? Were they fair to the Irish, many of who were Roman Catholic. Of course they weren't.

In today's climate a Muzzie screams "You must be fair" and "Christians" cave-in to the darkness.

In the past others would scream "You must be fair," and the forefathers would ignore them. It is because this is "our land." In the past Christians tried to be "fair," and now we have Muzzies and atheists and Satanists telling us what we have to do.

No more. This is "our land." The blacks have their continent. The Muzzies have their own lands. And these United States are for Christians Americans. And for those on this Board who scream "That isn't fair," I refer them to this man who knows a little bit about being a good American...

"The Hand of Providence has been so conspicuous in all this that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations..."
    President George Washington in a letter to Thomas Nelson, Jr., on August 20, 1778.

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Buddha or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Confucius or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Hindus or quoted their dogma;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Mohammad or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington did say the Mohammedans should be "exterminated!"

FACT: George Washington never mentioned "Deism" - except to "criticize Deism!

Flame away my fellow TBombers, flame away...

They can move back to a middle eastern islamic country and pray all they want and one will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    You are missing one point and that is fairness. Were our forefathers fair to the Indians? The blacks? Were they fair to the Irish, many of who were Roman Catholic. Of course they weren't.

In today's climate a Muzzie screams "You must be fair" and "Christians" cave-in to the darkness.

In the past others would scream "You must be fair," and the forefathers would ignore them. It is because this is "our land." In the past Christians tried to be "fair," and now we have Muzzies and atheists and Satanists telling us what we have to do.

No more. This is "our land." The blacks have their continent. The Muzzies have their own lands. And these United States are for Christians Americans. And for those on this Board who scream "That isn't fair," I refer them to this man who knows a little bit about being a good American...

"The Hand of Providence has been so conspicuous in all this that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations..."
    President George Washington in a letter to Thomas Nelson, Jr., on August 20, 1778.

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Buddha or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Confucius or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Hindus or quoted their dogma;

FACT: George Washington never mentioned Mohammad or quoted him;

FACT: George Washington did say the Mohammedans should be "exterminated!"

FACT: George Washington never mentioned "Deism" - except to "criticize Deism!

Flame away my fellow TBombers, flame away...
    This has been all debated before here on TB 2000, many times actually.

My position is that the main writers of the Constitution really were Deists and conceived of a country of free White men. As politicians they had to keep their true beliefs guarded as most citizens were Christians, who have never been described as tolerant of others beliefs.

The main point is that the government created by the Federal Constitution was secular and not based on religion or "fairness."

I tire of this debate and have better things to do so won't respond further; so flame away.

FA
    Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

If I even suspected a job applicant was Muslim, I would find a better candidate.

It doesn't matter what the outcome of this lawsuit is. If it fails, another will take its place somewhere else. And another. And another until it's finally successful. That's how it works. As ridiculous as it sounds, the Left actually believes that wars are fought until they're won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Lawfare or legal jihad...

It is used to bring companies into compliance with sharia.

Numerous examples of it...
    Yep, a couple of years ago Orlando International Airport installed wash stations so moslems can wash their hands and feet before praying in their specially designed and furnished prayer room.