Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Warning Graphic: When all you want to do is set yourself on fire, call the police and do not comply!
+ Reply to Thread

Warning Graphic: When all you want to do is set yourself on fire, call the police and do not comply!

Bodycam Footage Of OKCPD Officer Fatally Shooting Suicidal Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvChaajJQrw

Published on Dec 5, 2017

** (Disclaimer: Video posted strictly for educational and information purposes only) **
    An Oklahoma City officer has been charged with second degree murder in connection to the fatal shooting of a suicidal man in November. Court records filed Dec. 5 show that Oklahoma City Police Department Sgt. Keith Sweeney faces a complaint of murder in the second degree or the alternative of manslaughter in the first degree. He was booked through the Oklahoma County Jail on the complaint early Tuesday. According to police, officers responded to reports of a suicidal person around 2:40 a.m. in the courtyard of Parkview Village Homes, 1416 SW 20 Street. When officers arrived on-scene, they say Pigeon was holding a bottle of lighter fluid and threatening to light himself on fire. The officers attempted to get Pigeon to drop the lighter fluid and get on the ground, but he did not comply. Court documents show that Officer Troy Nitzky deployed a bean bag shotgun, striking Pigeon in the left hip. Sergeant Sweeney then discharged his weapon striking Pigeon five times. Pigeon was provided medical attention but died on scene.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said two of three officers responding to the incident did everything right to approach the situation via non-lethal methods. "This is one of those situations where we've alleged that an officer crossed the line and in fact broke the law," Prater said. Officer Nitzky and a second officer were the first to approach Pigeon. Sweeney can be heard as he arrives at the scene ordering Pigeon to drop what he had in his hands. Body camera footage catches Sweeney stating "I will f****** shoot you" just moments before firing his weapon. Following the shooting, Sweeney can be heard asking officers if the man had a knife. Only a lighter and lighter fluid were found at the scene. In interviews with authorities Sweeney has stated that he believed Pigeon had a knife in his hand and that his life was in danger. ( didn't work this time)"This is a tragic situation that will be a learning situation for everyone," Prater said. The second degree murder sentence carries a sentence of 10 years to life while the alternative first degree manslaughter charge is four years to life.

The Oklahoma City Fraternal Order of Police released the following statement on the charge: “Police officers are routinely placed in dangerous situations where they must quickly make life-or-death decisions. We caution citizens against jumping to conclusions until the facts are fully presented. At this time, the FOP is not privy to the findings of the criminal investigation, and the video released today is only one piece of the puzzle. We hope to have more information about the particulars of this tragic situation soon. The FOP will always support members who act in good faith under the policies of the Oklahoma City Police Department and the law.We know these are trying times for Sgt. Sweeney and his family, and we’re here for them. We also offer our sympathy to Mr. Pigeon’s family and loved ones.” Documents filed Tuesday state that Pigeon was not armed and "not a threat to the officers". Sweeney has been on paid administrative leave since the incident.
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

We caution citizens against jumping to conclusions until the facts are fully presented.
    Unlike the trained professionals....right? The ones who shoot first and really don't care about asking anybody any damn thing, at any time.
    Why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison?
    III

Quote Originally Posted by Turret Buster View Post
    Unlike the trained professionals....right? The ones who shoot first and really don't care about asking anybody any damn thing, at any time.
    Sounds like the Sergeant should have just supervised his men and stayed out of it. Sometimes those under you have everything under control.
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

It's really like drop it mother f***** or I will shoot you! Me: make my day, fire is gonna hurt and burn anyway!
    יְשׁוּעָה
    TRUTH

This may be a case a "Sympathetic" shooting. We were trained a lot not to do this. When cops train they all shoot at once on the line. When you hear one shot you know you should be shooting. The problem with the less lethal bean bag round is it triggers the other guys holding lethal weapons to fire them when they hear the bean bag shot.

He screwed up bad, tried to make up a fast lie (Making it worse) and now is screwed big time.

As a side note, when cops are pointing guns at me I will not say or do anything, no matter how wrong they may be. Not getting shot is my first priority then I can sue them later. You cant sue if you are dead. I knew to many Barney stupid cops to try and talk to them if they have a gun out.

As an armchair quarterback and one who has played with lighter fluid a lot, I would have just ran up to him and tackled his sorry ass then slapped on the cuffs. Gasoline would have been a different story. Tasing someone with flammable liquids on them can ignite it so it can be a bad choice if they are already wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    As a side note, when cops are pointing guns at me I will not say or do anything, no matter how wrong they may be. Not getting shot is my first priority then I can sue them later. You cant sue if you are dead.
    Bingo! The guy maybe wanted suicide by cop and if that is the case he got what he wanted. No matter how right or wrong the cop is if they draw down on you drop whatever is in your hands, don't move and do exactly what they say and when they say it. Today most cops have video cameras/microphones either on them or in their cars and wired to the overhead lights. Chances are the encounter will be recorded and if the cop is in the wrong you'll have your day in court.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

The trigger-happy cop should have his fingers cut off. And after a couple weeks of thinking about his condition and what he did, hung from the neck until dead.

When you watch and listen to the video, you can see the first 2 cops are trying to reason with the guy. The Sgt. then comes up and starts barking orders. Contradictory orders and escalates. The cop firing the bean bag round should have told the others he was firing but the Sgt. was still at fault completely. The made up line of I thought I saw a knife was crap. I don't think it was suicide by cop since the guy never ran toward the cops. Also, keep in mind the victim was mentally unstable. The cops were trying to calm him down.

Bottom line: It was a bad shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Sounds like the Sergeant should have just supervised his men and stayed out of it. Sometimes those under you have everything under control.
    you should understand. Here in Oklahoma city the sgts arent really supervisor.
    Those are ranks given for seniority nothing else.
    This guy was involved in a earlier fatality shooting and skated.
    He wasnt even dispatched to the call.
    The two other officers had told him to stay out of it but he inserted.
    They even had a bean bag gun to take the guy down with
    Prater has filed second degree murder with a lesser charge of manslaughter one
    The union is already defending the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    He got away with it once, I hope he gets full penalty this time, he's a murderer plain and simple.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    Yea they are defending him. Heck he is still collecting a pay check. Go figure. I am glad of the charges against him, but will they stick? He has a right to a jury trial but will not take that as they would probably find him guilty as charged after watching and listening to the video. So you have the sole responsibility of the judge finding him guilty or not, as we know then the majority skate in these situations of officer involved shootings. Don't get me wrong, there are people in this world of ours that deserve what this fella got. And I know officers that have had to do it. To take someones life is not an easy thing according to them, and bothers them tremendously even knowing they made the right decision and were protecting themselves. And then I have met some some who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and talked about nothing better then the feeling of jumping out of a plane and shooting some mutha f***** in the face., smiling and laughing about it describing the incident. You think this is the guy that is gonna respond to help my family, Hell how did he pass the psych exam after he got out? But this fella didn't deserve to be shot yet according to the video. My prayers are for all involved and that JUSTICE really will prevail for all.

And thanks for your input knowing he has killed before makes a difference.
    יְשׁוּעָה
    TRUTH

I've been told that some people like to kill. It's an adrenaline rush. No one who likes it should be allowed to be a cop.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan