Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC WHERE THE HELL IS ODDONE?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5 WHERE THE HELL IS ODDONE?

I just noticed that OddOne hasn’t been on the board since August 24th. Anyone been in touch with him?

Maybe he cashed out his Bitcoins and is sippin' margaritas in the Grand Caymans?

Actually, was just wondering the same thing a few hours ago...
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

That's right.... I hope he's okay, anyone have a way to contact him?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

I think he lives in FL. Maybe he had some storm damage to repair.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Isn't he still a moderator

I was wondering about him the other day, when I figured out he hadn't been on in a while.

Does he really look like that?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Only when he is talking religion to the rest of us!
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

Has anyone checked the Candlepower forums he hangs at too????
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Would love a link to that! First I've heard of it.

???
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

That IS concerning, Dennis...

Must be a way to contact him since he's an admin, right?

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Would love a link to that! First I've heard of it.

???
    http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    Thanks---does he go by "Oddone" there as well?

I see it's a forum (apparently) about flashlights of all things----is Oddone a vendor of those (as a prep item)? But it also talks about "non-flashlight electronics, knives, forging, photography, and an entire large subforum on a variety of outdoor-type "adventuring"--hiking, camping, caving, watersports, geocaching, urban exploring, and gear for same.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    That IS concerning, Dennis...

Must be a way to contact him since he's an admin, right?

Summerthyme
    I have his contact info of course, but was hoping to not have to make the attempt only to learn that “something very bad” happened to him. I’m sick of all the pain, misery and death the past couple years. I recoil from it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Thanks---does he go by "Oddone" there as well?

I see it's a forum (apparently) about flashlights of all things----is Oddone a vendor of those (as a prep item)? But it also talks about "non-flashlight electronics, knives, forging, photography, and an entire large subforum on a variety of outdoor-type "adventuring"--hiking, camping, caving, watersports, geocaching, urban exploring, and gear for same.
    The name of the forum could be misleading

His last post there was on 9/4. I couldn't see his profile, not authorized, I probably don't have enough posts.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

His last post here was 8/24. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    His last post here was 8/24. Not looking good.
    please contact him

I do agree it's time to try to make contact. Hopefully, it's something relatively minor and we'd all appreciate the opportunity to pray for a valued member. But IIRC, he's always been pretty good about mentioning when he'll be out of pocket for awhile, so this is really worrisome...

If it were only a month or so, I'd say give it awhile longer. But he IS an admin, so you've got that "excuse" at least for wanting/needing to know he's fine. And it's not like you're calling the cops to do a welfare check...

Summerthyme

This is concerning to me also.
    I understand Dennis' hesitation. There is so much grief, pain and heartache these days. And as we all get older, that will multiply.
    Praying he is ok.
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

If he's sick, I'm sure he'd appreciate the concern of members here and not see it as an invasion of his privacy, if something bad happened to him, we need to know so we can pray for his family.

I agree, the last few years have been filled with hard knocks for our members, and I hate to hear when we lose a single one, I can sense that the site is just that much less full and miss the input. Prayers that he's ok.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

OddOne was an early bitcoin adopter.

It is possible he has cashed out and retired.

Praying he is well and blessed.

But not ready to think the worst off the bat.
    pragmatic. eclectic. realistic. vivere paratus: fortune favors the prepared

the BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! read it yourself. live it. love it.

it is what it is.........but it will become what you make of it

Dennis, if you have his contact info, this is what I suggest you do. Google first name - last name - city if you have it - state - obit. If there is not an obit, then maybe just too much stuff is going on in his life with a family member or maybe he is sick, and then you might contact him with a friendly note of "hey, have not seen you around, everything ok, I wanted to get your input on some board business or whatever." For all we know he may be perfectly well and just got sick of the internet.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

Quote Originally Posted by EYW View Post
    Dennis, if you have his contact info, this is what I suggest you do. Google first name - last name - city if you have it - state - obit. If there is not an obit, then maybe just too much stuff is going on in his life with a family member or maybe he is sick, and then you might contact him with a friendly note of "hey, have not seen you around, everything ok, I wanted to get your input on some board business or whatever." For all we know he may be perfectly well and just got sick of the internet.
    I concur, Good Approach.

I do agree it's time to try to make contact. Hopefully, it's something relatively minor and we'd all appreciate the opportunity to pray for a valued member. But IIRC, he's always been pretty good about mentioning when he'll be out of pocket for awhile, so this is really worrisome...

If it were only a month or so, I'd say give it awhile longer. But he IS an admin, so you've got that "excuse" at least for wanting/needing to know he's fine. And it's not like you're calling the cops to do a welfare check...

Summerthyme
    On another forum I frequent, one of the regulars didn't show up for a few weeks so someone did call the cops.

They found him and his dog dead inside his trailer.

It couldn't hurt to contact someone.

I called his brother. OO works at his brother’s shop, evidently he’s just been very busy. I asked his brother to have OO post something to this thread when he has a chance.

I called his brother. OO works at his brother’s shop, evidently he’s just been very busy. I asked his brother to have OO post something to this thread when he has a chance.
    Thank you for updating.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Thank goodness, he is okay. Thank you, Dennis.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

::OddOne peeks in...:: Yep, TB's still here... ::OddOne vanishes in a puff of smoke...::

(Gimme a sec - loads of posts here in need of replies.)
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Any religion-related posts I make are as a member and not as a forum staffer, and are not intended to promote any specific agenda or doctrinal understanding as official or unofficial board policy. Official staff actions on my part will always be clearly marked as such.

Deja moo - the feeling you've seen this bull before...

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Very glad you're just busy! But man... 3 1/2 months without even looking at TB2k? That's BUSY, man! Take time to breathe once in awhile!

Summerthyme

Putz....

Quote Originally Posted by OddOne View Post
    ::OddOne peeks in...:: Yep, TB's still here... ::OddOne vanishes in a puff of smoke...::

(Gimme a sec - loads of posts here in need of replies.)
    I don't believe that you really look like your avatar!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

First off, many thanks for the expressions of concern, prayers, etc. etc. etc. It's never a bad thing to be missed. Especially if firearms are involved, but that's a tale for another time...

At any rate, sorry 'bout the vanishing act, folks! Between work and other-work I've been busier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking competition. I've been helping my brother out with his auto repair company (he posts very infrequently here as HomeFry, and is responsible for a giant post-your-pics thread that got so large is lagged the server and had to be closed) in addition to doing my software thing, and now that he's gone into his slow period I can come up for air. (When Dennis called to see if I was still upright and warm to the touch, I was working on a digital dash conversion for one of his customers' classic car, so bro took the call.)

As for other-work, it's software and microcontrollers aplenty. I've got some cool stuff afoot (well, I think it's cool anyway) that I'll spring on everyone when the time's right, but as of now is in "proof-of-concept done, working first prototype done, pre-production prototype in progress" stage so I must remain tight-lipped aside from the occasional vague statement about things like hating to have Python and PHP programs talk to each other without a gateway server to bridge the gap. Ugh.

Guess I'll switch gears and throw down some responses to some of the posts herein...

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Maybe he cashed out his Bitcoins and is sippin' margaritas in the Grand Caymans?

Actually, was just wondering the same thing a few hours ago...
    I wish - I'd long since switched from Bitcoin to Litecoin and am working on Ethereum at the moment, so seeing BTC at $16K is cringe-inducing.

CORRECTION: $17K and it nearly hit $20k this afternoon. What. The. Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    I think he lives in FL. Maybe he had some storm damage to repair.
    Thankfully I've managed to avoid that for the time being. BTDT in the past though.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    I have been known...

Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Only when he is talking religion to the rest of us!
    I have been known...

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    I haven't been over that way in quite a while.

I have his contact info of course, but was hoping to not have to make the attempt only to learn that “something very bad” happened to him. I’m sick of all the pain, misery and death the past couple years. I recoil from it now.
    A side effect of having to step away from here is a chance to unwind a bit from the barrage of Doom-N-Gloom™ that can be pervasive to the point of being harmful. Wasn't intentional and I certainly didn't mean to scare anyone, but sometimes, well, you know, blessings in disguise and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adino View Post
    OddOne was an early bitcoin adopter.

It is possible he has cashed out and retired.

Praying he is well and blessed.

But not ready to think the worst off the bat.
    Again I wish. A fellow in my gaming group cashed out eight hundred grand in BTC on the last big price hike. He's "retired" at like age 23.

Very glad you're just busy! But man... 3 1/2 months without even looking at TB2k? That's BUSY, man! Take time to breathe once in awhile!
    I'm almost at the point where I need to rediscover this "sleep" thing people talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I don't believe that you really look like your avatar!
    I need to update that av. Hair color needs to be grayed quite a bit, and probably thinned out as well...
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Any religion-related posts I make are as a member and not as a forum staffer, and are not intended to promote any specific agenda or doctrinal understanding as official or unofficial board policy. Official staff actions on my part will always be clearly marked as such.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

like hating to have Python and PHP programs talk to each other without a gateway server to bridge the gap.

Use RESTful or WebAPI.

Use RESTful or WebAPI.
    I ended up with a simpler and more elegant solution that didn't require a framework, although I did consider both of those and even toyed with using a WSGI server.

I can also say I now know a lot more about I2C and SPI interfacing than I did six months ago.

Glad to hear you are okay! Dennis is right -- we have lost too many people over the last few years (although, unfortunately, that's to be expected, since the membership is heavily weighed towards the older side).

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

I need to update that av. Hair color needs to be grayed quite a bit, and probably thinned out as well...

I LOVE that avatar! You keep it just the way it is!!!

(and welcome back!)

I like your pointy teeth
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Well, I'm glad to hear that you've just been super busy! Don't worry us like that again though....
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Very relieved to hear you are well, and your work is prospering (at least it sounds that way.) But, hey, there's a lot of good news on the board. It isn't all bad: like that bunch of gang members that were arrested this week. (Assuming the news was true.)
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

I knew he was ok, still alive at any rate.

See? No one else here is allowed to croaak till after I do.

New rule and don't make me dust off the Ban Hammer on Y'all's asses.

NO ONE croaks till I do. No more of that crap, no more games. You are not allowed to die on the job and if you do keep posting so no one else knows about it.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.