Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Pop-Tarts alerts police about Illinois man who spreads mustard on his breakfast pastry
+ Reply to Thread

18 Pop-Tarts alerts police about Illinois man who spreads mustard on his breakfast pastry

Pop-Tarts alerts police about Illinois man who spreads mustard on his breakfast pastry
    Michael Bartiromo
    6 days ago

The people behind Pop-Tarts are fed up with a Midwesterner who enjoys his breakfast pastry with mustard, so they’ve taken the only logical step they could think of: They’ve contacted the Illinois State Police.

The Pop-Tarts brand first became aware of the odd flavor combination on Tuesday, after an Illinois man proclaimed his love for spreading yellow mustard atop his Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Latte-flavored Pop-Tarts.

“You guys aint [sic] from Illinois if you don’t put mustard on your poptarts [sic],” wrote the man in a now-deleted Twitter post which also contained a photo of his mustard-topped pastry.

In response, the official Twitter account of Pop-Tarts retweeted the man’s post and tagged the Illinois State Police Department, asking them to intervene.

“Can you guys handle this[?]” they asked.

Though no one from the Illinois State Police responded, the police department of Dixon, Ill., came forward on Wednesday to offer its services. “Ain’t nobody puttin’ mustard on their Pop-Tarts in Illinois,” they wrote.

Pop-Tarts later retweeted the Dixon PD’s message, thanking them for their support. “Due to the severity of the crime, we need all the help we can get,” the company added.

As of Thursday morning, Pop-Tarts says it considers the battle to be “won,” as the Illinois offender deleted his original Twitter post.

Judging by their Twitter activity, the people at Pop-Tarts have been critical of strange Pop-Tart flavor mash-ups over for a few weeks now, beginning with the Iowa student who shared his idea for a Pop-Tarts-and-cheese sandwich.

They’ve also tolerated a New Yorker who dipped his Pop-Tarts in hot sauce and an Oklahoman who dipped hers in ranch dressing, though they said they found the latter combination to be especially “disrespectful.”

Mustard, however, seemed to be the condiment that broke the camel’s back, at least as far as Pop-Tarts — a company that has, at one time or another, offered "Root Beer," "Maple Bacon" and "Orange Crush" varieties — was concerned.

That said, this probably won’t be the last time Pop-Tarts resorts to calling the authorities. As of Thursday morning, they had already tried contacting Alaska’s state police about an altogether new abomination:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...st-pastry.html

Cerealy?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Adding something to pop=tarts must violate someone's copyright. I'm surprised they didn't contact the FBI.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Putting mustard on them would create something with a smidgen of nutritional value....not a pop-tart standard.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I thought that only applied to Hot Pockets,...

That's horrible. If I was Pop Tarts I'd have hired a hitman. No one that puts Mustard on a pop tart deserves to live.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Secamp32 View Post
    That's horrible. If I was Pop Tarts I'd have hired a hitman. No one that puts Mustard on a pop tart deserves to live.
    If they eat it, they're not likely to.

This had to be one sick SOB.

gee, i thought adding mustard was the only way to make those things taste decent.....especially sweet baby rays honey mustard dipping sauce., dang, that stuff can make Anything taste good.

wait....am i in trouble now for admitting that?
    is meuller gonna come after me for un-american activities or something?
    crud. i better go hide the mustard.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

I love mustard a lot. But I would never have thought to put it on Pop Tarts. Not that I ever eat Pop Tarts. Not since I was about 24 or so. So much $$$$ for so much nothing but bad.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Get your eye bleach ready.....Yummmmm!!!
    Attached Images

I put chocolate ice cream on lemon merangue pie
    But I won't eat pop tarts
    Should I be worried too ?

Pop Tarts called the cops on someone for putting mustard on the tarts? Trump should hire them and turn them loose on the Clintons. Bill and Hillary wound be in jail in a week!

Grandson eats Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on my homemade biscuits, & if I can stand the insult, Pop Tarts should be able to stand it, too.
    Job5:20: In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.

Ps.91: 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
    11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    Adding something to pop=tarts must violate someone's copyright. I'm surprised they didn't contact the FBI.
    LOL! I suspect this is some Millennial's idea of a "viral marketing campaigh". And while its working to a certain extent (it's probably the first time "pop-tarts" has crossed my mind than before said Millennial was born!) , I'd say spamming the cops is probably a bad idea, overall.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by watchin View Post
    Grandson eats Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on my homemade biscuits, & if I can stand the insult, Pop Tarts should be able to stand it, too.
    Funny and I agree 100%.

This is as dangerous as chewing one into the shape of a gun. Remember the poor school kid a few years back?
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Ketchin up on the thread..........ketchup or mustard, the age old debate. Of course there's the both school of thought too....taste buds are not to be taken lightly.

Just think, when he gets old enough, he can dip his Pop Tarts in Jack Daniels! Natural progression, donchaknow? ;-)

OldARcher
    "Make haste- slowly." -Marshall Wyatt Earp============ "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." -Kyle Swanson, US Navy SEAL

Proud Founding Member of the Nowski Brigade

Condition "0," Code Red to Black- ALWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Secamp32 View Post
    and those that eat them end up with diabetes and die? Trade off maybe?
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

Ewww............ well, I can definitely see why they called the cops.

Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Seems kind of snowflaky of Poptarts to have been so offended.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    Seems kind of snowflaky of Poptarts to have been so offended.
    It's a thing. It's a meme.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Right. It’s fake offense.

muss "tards" on pop "tarts", sounds like Dixon PD is standing up for the citizenry. your move, Springfield

It'd take a whole lot more than mustard to make a pop tart taste good, blech!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

That might actually be good though, especially if there was steak to go with the combination!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Jack Daniels recently changed their BBQ sauce recipe and ruined it. It was my only sauce for years. I wrote a scathing letter to the company informing them of their egregious actions. They sent me coupons. I threw them out, along with their sauce.

I can honestly say I have never purchased a pop tart.

Is that legal, or does the government specify how many one must purchase in a lifetime? Will I get a fine added onto my taxes?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Quote Originally Posted by bbbuddy View Post
    I can honestly say I have never purchased a pop tart.

Is that legal, or does the government specify how many one must purchase in a lifetime? Will I get a fine added onto my taxes?
    I use to, but quit due to the Roundup/grain/sugar issue. They have organic pop tarts at Costco that taste the same as the regular junkfood version. I really don't care for the taste but when I'm busy and don't want to take time to prep something decent, I can eat half of one to tide me over. Also not liking them prevents me from eating them as a snack, so they last a very long time. I'm not sure mustard would help the taste, to be honest.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17