Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

DISASTER FUNG ADVISORY: Doomer Doug Speaks......he's worried...very worried.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The concern is real....... worry, not so much. God is in control. Worry is a waste, concern leads to action. Never worry, what me worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    I disagree with the we have years to come. The various systems, economic, political, ecological, biological, moral are collapsing faster each year....

And people really think this can go on without consequence. We haven't seen nothing yet, but be patient. We are seeing it happen now.
    Doug---I agree fully.

This world is falling apart.

We are on a ship that is sinking.

BUT---we are NOT without hope.

I hesitate to post this, because it 'might' be drifting the thread (forgive me, Dennis!) but I am worried ABOUT you "worrying"--I am worried that you will / are letting the worry over what is going on AROUND you, prevent you from lifting up your eyes to what is ABOVE you.

To that end, I send you THIS---and tell you that you need not worry or fear, that you can have HOPE in a fast-sinking world, because NOTHING that is happening here in any way shape or form is 'catching God by surprise'---He KNOWS about it (He knew about everything before it ever happened), He is NOT worried about what He is going to do about it, and HE IS IN CONTROL.

THAT is why we can "fear not"---we "look up" to Him---and know that "our redemption draweth nigh"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Eiv1r5UnE
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    I don't know if it would cure him but it might help him.

Out here in the boonies there isn't much to worry about other than squirrels.

(I spend a lot of time guarding my nuts.)
    Too funny. A drop of wit among the dark clouds is always good.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    DD’s entire world is worry. I couldn’t live like that, to be honest.
    Really.
    I'd be more worried if he wasn't worried.

I disagree with the we have years to come. The various systems, economic, political, ecological, biological, moral are collapsing faster each year....
    I've been hearing that for the last 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    While this is certainly true, I've saved most "important " threads from here for years. When I reread them, I'm mostly struck by how much "doom" we've AVOIDED... how few of the prophecies, warnings, and Shelter threads have been borne out even partially.

Despite that, I still stay as fully prepped as possible... thankfully, that mostly involves just topping off existing preps. And we've found many occasions to be thankful for those preps over the past 4 years. I know several people here who have pretty well given up on more than a basic level (call them "standard mid-Western deep pantry " preps), and while I respect their choice, I haven't been given the peace to do the same. I expect part of it is having family... grown children and young grandchildren; I can imagine feeling very different if it weren't for the sense of responsibility towards our heirs... and the results if what we truly believe was the most important job God put us on Earth to do.

Anyway... I've felt disaster was potentially imminent for a long time, and yet, those that did strike were either predictable in their area (hurricanes, wildfires), completely "out of the blue " (911, although we probably should have expected it) or personal (our own when hubby's hip collapsed unexpectedly, and we had to suddenly disperse our dairy herd at least 4 years before we'd planned,or the families of those who went to a simple Country concert in Vegas, and never came home)

YMMV

Summerthyme
    Incredible!

I am willing to bet that you are the only one here that reacts accordingly...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

One of the better used memes lately...
    Why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison?
    III

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

DD, got to say I agree with you most of the time and read all your posts.
    Thanks for standing in times such as this

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I want her as my Battle Buddy.
    Why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison?
    III

Exactly, nothing I can do will change any of it! What will be, will be. No amount of worrying will change it!
    I dont let the doom in anymore. What will come will come.
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

I disagree with the we have years to come. The various systems, economic, political, ecological, biological, moral are collapsing faster each year. I look at what daily life was like in the USA back in 1972 when I graduated from High School. I look around today at what passes for daily life in the USA. We weren't have discussions about men dressed as women using women's restrooms. We weren't having discussions about putting a third "gender" on driver's licenses. We didn't have citizens being gunned down by illegal immigrants and then having no legal sanction on them. Sorry, but do not pass go. The system is collapsing at all levels, everywhere in the world. It simply can't go on for another ten or twenty years.

The Middle East will have its Friday Mosque services in a few hours, and when they do the Muslims are going to go Bat Poop Crazy. Is there any reason to think the wildfires in Southern California will be less in another 24 to 48 hours? I think not. If people looked at the video I posted they will see cars driving down a freeway with fire on all sides of them. I mean everything is worse, and everything is happening faster and faster. I write the blog and I tell you many days I can't keep up with things.

The USA has had the following natural disasters in 2017.

Two separate waves of wild fires in California doing tens of millions in damage. And no, don't give me the "they have fires every year." Yes they do, but not like this.

We had three separate major hurricanes, in Texas, in Florida and in Puerto Rico. One million people in Puerto Rico still don't have electricity. 250,000 of them have fled to Florida where they will turn the state bluer than a Smurf cartoon character.

The USA has had unprecedented in modern times, go back to 1860, political chaos and venom. We have multiple riots all over the country. We have violent attacks on people for their political believes. We have had Republican congressmen shot at and wounded. We have Rand Paul attacked. We have a tidal wave of sexual harassment, child pedophile at the highest level of our American society.

And people really think this can go on without consequence. We haven't seen nothing yet, but be patient. We are seeing it happen now.
    The collapse of a civilization is not a one day happening.......collapse is a process. Unless a civilization falls to a huge natural disaster OR a terrible war or invasion, a normal dismantling of a civilization takes decades. We have slowly but surely frayed the internal fabric of our institutions....ALL OF OUR INSTITUTIONS. As our constitution becomes less and less relevant in this post constitutional era, the quickening of our internal and external disintegration becomes a stark reality. This isn't a small happening.....what we are seeing is a total and complete discombobulation of the western world.....ALL OF IT. In essence, we will witness(are witnessing) a new and frightening SPIRITUAL DARK AGE....
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by Ragmann View Post
    Yes it will and not a damn thing I can do about it. So, screw it, I'm gonna go have a glass of milk and some chocolate chip cookies.
    Correct........a person who is directly responsible or can impact such events should be the worrier because they can do something about it............but the average person has no more business worrying about stuff like that than would they worry about not hitting the power ball after playing a lottory ticket............there is just nothing you can do to make a difference. So make the difference where you can .....and that is in your own life...

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.

Corrie Ten Boom
    “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_fungcool View Post
    If for some reason a land war begins in Asia.....I'm assuming that this war will quickly spread to the middle east......and then to eastern Europe.

I'm afraid that Helen is going to appear on the main at any moment.........panic sex is in the air.

Panic Sex Lady keeps both hands on her waistband these days ...
    I've thrown my back out trying to kiss my ass goodbye.

It is not that there is necessarily more chaos. As Lee Penn pointed out there are a number of times in world history that are as bad and certainly worse. THe difference is we know about it all instantly. Sitting at my computer I can look at news sites from around the world. Twitter provides individuals the ability to instantly spread news. We are now at the point where we are constantly bombarded by information. And the news agencies, such as they are, no longer have the time to do any sort of vetting of info if they want to get the scoop. If it sounds terrible it gets out and if they are inaccurate or wrong they may issue corrections.It is information overload. 100 yrs ago, newspapers were most peoples only source of news. 80 yrs ago radio was added, 60 years ago TV and on and on. All the pedophilia, sex scandals etc still happened but they weren't important enough or were deemed inappropriate to report. The 1890s and the early 20th century brought horrific hurricanes to the Gulf and East Coast but unless you were directly effected, it was an article in a newspaper with maybe a picture. Now we expect more than 6" of snow and it is a constant Storm Center updates, emergency notifications etc. It is the constant news cycle that is really feeding our fears and doom.

I've become numb to it as well - I am aware but I limit the input and choose sources more carefully. there is only so much I can do about it - ANY of it. that said there is a distinct difference between that approach and the POLLYANNA - HEAD IN THE SAND - IF I DON'T LOOK IT AIN'T THERE attitude some have.

to be very honest it isn't the state of the world I worry about - it's the fact that the scum running the asylum are permitted to continue wasting breathable O2.

although I know the ledger will be "balanced" on the other side - I TRULY WISH the villagers would start torches pitch forks and lamp posts. that Pooh's favorite day cartoon is my favorite wall paper.
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

He worries so we won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by mecoastie View Post
    It is not that there is necessarily more chaos. As Lee Penn pointed out there are a number of times in world history that are as bad and certainly worse. THe difference is we know about it all instantly. Sitting at my computer I can look at news sites from around the world. Twitter provides individuals the ability to instantly spread news. We are now at the point where we are constantly bombarded by information. And the news agencies, such as they are, no longer have the time to do any sort of vetting of info if they want to get the scoop. If it sounds terrible it gets out and if they are inaccurate or wrong they may issue corrections.It is information overload. 100 yrs ago, newspapers were most peoples only source of news. 80 yrs ago radio was added, 60 years ago TV and on and on. All the pedophilia, sex scandals etc still happened but they weren't important enough or were deemed inappropriate to report. The 1890s and the early 20th century brought horrific hurricanes to the Gulf and East Coast but unless you were directly effected, it was an article in a newspaper with maybe a picture. Now we expect more than 6" of snow and it is a constant Storm Center updates, emergency notifications etc. It is the constant news cycle that is really feeding our fears and doom.
    partly....but it seems to me that--imperfect as our knowledge of "all" civilizations / conditions of the "entire" world can be in the past (given that many records of those civilizations were lost or never written down to begin with)--

I picture the world, since the Fall, as if one were viewing it from space, and those areas that were most "fallen" were literally falling dark, while those areas that still retained enough uprightness (thru following God's moral laws--even if they did not KNOW anything about the God of the Bible AND /OR did not know anything about His Word---as the Bible says, they 'knew' God --they inferred Who He was and What He was like from His creation they saw around them (Romans 2))--THOSE areas that still had the "light" of God's truth in their hearts, stayed light.

I picture the "light" as constantly shifting over the planet, because of man's natural (sinful) tendency to forget and to rebel against God's rule in his heart, so that areas that "were" light gradually fell dark, while by the mercy and grace of God men in other areas which had been dark had God's truth revealed to their hearts and began to follow His precepts--and those areas grew "light" again.

There was only ONE time in history that ALL the earth lost ALL the light, and ALL grew dark at once.

It was in the days of Noah.

ALL the "light" of the knowledge of God was rejected and lost, and ALL the "works of man were evil continually"--except, literally, for ONE family--a man, his 3 sons, and their wives.

What made that time different from times since?

ALL mankind was UNITED.

They all lived in ONE place. They all spoke the SAME language. They were in constant contact and communication with one another, with few physical barriers and NO language barriers to their communicating and being UNITED by that communication.

UNTIL God sent the flood.

The Bible tells us the Flood had several subsequent effects:

1. Mankind after the flood, as their numbers increased again, at first went back to the old way of living--ALL together, ALL in ONE area. This was in direct rebellion against God's command to "FILL the earth". God Himself commented on their state that if allowed to continue--given man's sinful heart--this UNION of all their powers together in ONE concentrated mental mass would result in "nothing shall be impossible to them" (remember the Bible says that God made man in His image; even with that "image" marred by sin, we still bear that stamp, and as God says of mankind, they are only "a little lower than the angels", and thus when united have great power--for good OR evil). When concentrated together for GOOD, those powers make man so much like his creator that God himself said of mankind "ye are gods"; when concentrated together for EVIL--the result is death (the natural end-result of sin).

So--to put a stop to man's soon returning again to the state he was in before the Flood, God did something that would FORCE man to scatter abroad throughout the earth:

He scrambled their "language wiring" in the brain (if you look at studies of the development of speech in humans, and of linguistics, you'll find it a fascinating and still-mysterious subject for scientists---but it seems that the very ability of our brains to properly develop is inextricably tied in with the power of words). In so doing, the same thoughts were suddenly being expressed in completely different SOUNDS---and the UNITY between man was broken---they could no longer understand one another. Those who discovered others whom they now COULD understand, banded together and fled apart from the other groups with whom they could no longer communicate----and the "nations" began.

Thus a COMMUNICATION barrier was placed between mankind and mankind, FORCING them into small separate groups which began spreading abroad upon the earth.

2. Physical upheavals in the composition of the earth itself following the cataclysm that caused the Flood, led eventually to the giant land-mass which humans since have named Pangaea (but God in the beginning had simply called "earth", when He called it to appear and rise up out of the sea--"He gathered together the waters into one place, and the dry land appeared.") SPLITTING APART into what we now call "the continents". The Bible makes one brief mention of it in the listing of those born after the Flood: "To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother's name was Joktan." This PHYSICAL separation of the earth put NATURAL BARRIERS between the various groups of mankind who had already separated out with others of their own common language.

THAT has been the condition of our world UP UNTIL the 20th century.

Remember the angel told Daniel that "at the time of the end" there would be two characteristics?
    1. "Many will run to and fro" (TRAVEL)
    2. "Knowledge will be increased" (including COMMUNICATON)

Up until the 20th century, the earth's state remained essentially what it was after the Flood---man was separated from his fellow-man by insuperable barriers both physical and in communication. He COULD not "unite." The fastest means of transportation up until the 1800's was still the horse; with the exception of steam engines (trains and ships), at the beginning of the 20th century that was STILL the case. News could travel no more quickly than telegraph lines or newspapers could transfer it, and even then the LANGUAGE barrier still kept most national groups apart.

And then came the 20th century.

Though the Industrial Revolution had transformed developed nations in the 1800's, it was the addition of electricity and the internal combustion engine that galvanized development in the 1900's. Within a span of only a few decades (as compared to the THOUSANDS of years of mankind's history from the Flood up to this point), mankind went from steam locomotives and horse-drawn buggies to fossil-fuel-powered trains, cars--and the airplane. Within 20 years of Kitty Hawk, mankind had gone from planes that could barely fly 20 feet above the ground to fighter planes that could pursue a deadly aerial ballet in World War I. A mere twenty years later, and mankind had discovered and implemented jet engines--and WW II saw the B-52 bomber. A few decades after that, and supersonic jets made crossing the Atlantic a mere trifle--a matter of hours, not months. The automobile had gone from being the plaything of the rich to a necessity for every home. Rail travel, interstate highways, subways---truly, NOW "many (could) run to and fro." THE PHYSICAL BARRIER BETWEEN MAN AND MAN WAS WIPED OUT.

A second revolution took place in the 1970's (which had been building for decades prior): the cyber revolution. Computers were developed from unwieldy contraptions which were merely a scientific "oddity" into something that could be used in daily life--at first only to enhance business operations. But as more and more people saw what computers could do at their jobs, they began to imagine what it would be like to have one of their own--and the idea of the "personal computer" came into being. In the 1970's, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates developed competing operating systems that made using a computer not something just for engineers trained in computer programming but something the common man with no computer or scientific training could operate. As improvements were made, the computer became more and more first a household item, then a personal device, and then a ubiquitous necessity used in literally everything in our modern world. Efforts to unite computers into a "net" from the 1960's on reached their zenith in the creation of the "World Wide Web" by Tim Berners-Lee in the 1990's.

With computing having reaching THIS point, the COMMUNICATION BARRIER BETWEEN MANKIND WAS WIPED OUT.

We have now RETURNED to the "Days of Noah."

Mankind is now UNITED---physical and communication barriers having been superseded---and INSTANT access to the thoughts and actions of other humans is possible to every human on the planet.

There is NO PLACE left on the planet where this "connection" of individual man to the rest of mankind can be prevented.

Even if one were to go live in a cave, or on the farthest desert island, computer-powered devices (from satellites to infrared sensors) could locate him and fish him out.

There is NO place to hide.

And with that "UNITING" of mankind again, it is possible for the first time since the Flood for ALL mankind--as a WHOLE--to march as ONE---either into the light, or into darkness.

And mankind being what he is--fallen and sinful---

chooses the darkness.

Therefore, for the first time since Noah, ALL the planet--ALL at the same time--is falling into darkness once again.

It only happened once before.

Therefore we are---as Jesus SAID we would be, in the last days---at the point of being "as it was in the days of Noah."
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!"

If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

The one thing that signals to me that USA is about done is wide-spread corruption at the top FBI posts. Every educated person cannot deny Hilliary was guilty of multiple felonies--but she was let off the hook. Now the corrupt bastards are searching for a way to get President Trump OUT---and they will manufacture a way if they can't find one. The fake-news media is complaisant in this.

When you have this level of corruption in the highest LEO operation in the USA--we ARE done. The coruption has gone on for decades--now it's in your face and they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Captbill View Post
    The one thing that signals to me that USA is about done is wide-spread corruption at the top FBI posts. Every educated person cannot deny Hilliary was guilty of multiple felonies--but she was let off the hook. Now the corrupt bastards are searching for a way to get President Trump OUT---and they will manufacture a way if they can't find one. The fake-news media is complaisant in this.

When you have this level of corruption in the highest LEO operation in the USA--we ARE done. The coruption has gone on for decades--now it's in your face and they don't care.
    AGREED 110% - so the question that follows is - WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT - other than wide scale publik X e cu shun of the scum? and WHEN do the festivities start?
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

A long time ago I learned that "inevitable" does not necessarily mean "imminent."

It still doesn't ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post

Panic Sex Lady keeps both hands on her waistband these days ...
    There you are Helen! Thanks for the reminder to do the same.

CARPE DIEM

I don't think the collapse of the ancient Roman Empire is the model you want to use. The two common dates for the collapse of the Western Roman Empire are 407 AD, when Rome was sacked, and 476 AD, when the last "official" Roman Caesar was evicted. However, if you were a Roman living in Naples, or inner Gaul, or Egypt, those dates would have met little to you. Life went on for another 100 to 150 years with little interruption in daily life.

For us, living today, I just don't see how anybody can claim the current situation isn't nearing total chaos. The level of political, economic, and moral chaos in the USA today is off the chart using any reasonable historical criteria to describe chaos.

I don't "worry" about this stuff. I simply quantify it, log it, study it and discuss it. For the life goes on as normal crowd, well it isn't doing that in the USA on 12-7-2018. We are in multiple crisis situations in CONUS, on so many levels, and in so many areas. Daily life is not "business as usual," in Southern California today. DC is not "business as usual" today due to looming economic issues, political issues. It is not "normal," for the FBI to be a defacto KGB, Gestapo agency. It is not "normal," to be having discussions about having another sexual gender besides the biological male and female. It is not "normal," to have large numbers of our elite, media, political, business and others engaged in raping children, or pawing women. None of this S$%^%^ is normal. And you can't tell me Iris Dei is coming down on CONUS, like a hammer, because the Spirit is seriously pissed off. So, I see a spiritual dimension to all of this so called "business as normal," mantra.

Nope, I am 63 years old. I have lived through Nixon and Watergate. I lived through the Yom Kippur War as an active duty soldier. I lived through wave after wave, after wave of social, political and economic chaos since 1972. Sorry, but the level of stuff happening, the type of stuff happening is now off the chart.

If that makes me weird, the fact I know this, understand why it is happening, and how it will all play out so be it.

People who think this level of chaos is going to last another 20 years or so, simply don't get it. I like to think I am Slim Pickens riding the nuke bomb down to the ground. Heck, I am fascinated watching the collapse of civilization now underway.

Enjoy the ride! Carpe Diem! Surf the chaos!
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

I don't see "total chaos" here in the USA because I'm still able to power up a computer, talk to people world wide, can bank, shop, invest, sell anything from real estate to coloring books right here on line. I could call for police, fire fighters, EMTs and they would be here in moments. I could drive down a safe, maintained highway 10 miles, and buy almost anything I might need: food, fuel, medicine, emergency health care... If I need something life saving unavailable to me here, a short helicopter will take me to where it can be found.

I have the legally protected ability to use weapons on my property against any threat, from vermin in the animal feed, up to and including, human beings. The local school district wanted more money from me, but I was able to vote no, and keep my money. I "pay" for furnace work with Wisconsin cheese, and trade eggs for tomatoes...and no agency, government or otherwise, can tax, claim oversight rights, or infringe upon my and the other parties rights to negotiate and assign a store of value to these products and services, as we deem fit.

If my elderly neighbor needed help in the early morning, and I couldn't get the appropriate agency response, there would be a full network of churches willing and able to intervene, and an even larger group of individuals in the tier below that.

Granted, we as a people, and our institutions, are being stressed and are under strain. But we are still a pretty well functioning unit, even now. I'm hopeful.
    If white privilege exists, why did Senator Warren have to pretend to be an Indian?

I don't see "total chaos" here in the USA because I'm still able to power up a computer, talk to people world wide, can bank, shop, invest, sell anything from real estate to coloring books right here on line. I could call for police, fire fighters, EMTs and they would be here in moments. I could drive down a safe, maintained highway 10 miles, and buy almost anything I might need: food, fuel, medicine, emergency health care... If I need something life saving unavailable to me here, a short helicopter will take me to where it can be found.

until the power goes off for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    until the power goes off for a long time.
    Yes, that definitely would change the equation. The board tells us time and time again that there can be no EMP nation wide.
    If we had some major ELE, we'd certainly be in trouble. This relatively slow decent into life in "the former US of A" though doesn't
    suggest we're going to wake up tomorrow without power any time soon.
    If white privilege exists, why did Senator Warren have to pretend to be an Indian?

We have a long way to go before "total chaos". jward put it very well above. To me "total chaos" is when your basic needs aren't being met without a struggle. Shelter, water and food are hard to get and there is little or no govt. Few areas have seen this and it is usually isolated and brief. An example would be Puerto Rico after Maria. A long term power outage nationwide or even regionally would be total chaos and a result of several possible but highly unlikely scenarios.

There is a lot going on right now but it is no more than during the late 60s, early 70s. Race riots, Vietnam war, protests, Wars in ME and Africa, gas shortage etc. All the sexual assault and harassment things happened back then as well. It just wasn't public knowledge. Also the media was mostly the local paper and the evening news. For all but the folks in the immediate area, the 67 Detroit riots were pictures on newsprint or some video clips on the news. It was very distant. Now you get constant twitter, cell phone footage, reporters in the street live etc all on 24/7 media which has to hype to fill the time.

The West bank is burning with over 30 demonstrations/riots happening in Gaza and the West Bank alone. We have riots from Indonesia/Malaysia to Chicago, to Europe and the fun is just beginning for the Friday Mosque riots.

The links are here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/509457...-embassy-move/

RAGE AROUND THE WORLD Jerusalem riots spread globally as terror group Hamas promises ‘day of rage’ over Trump over embassy move

Donald Trump sparked protests after announcing the US would recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.

Corrie Ten Boom
    Love this! Thanks for sharing.
    Ginger

jward...

The board tells us time and time again that there can be no EMP nation wide.
    I was not thinking of EMP when I made the statement but that is one element that can be considered.

A bonafide war between major powers might very well create nationwide or near nationwide power outage as that is pretty much standard operating procedure (SOP) in war.

Years ago... the simple act of an idiot (I think in Ohio but am not sure) blacked out most everything east of I 75.

It was either an idiot or a tree limb. (I laugh at it still.)

My point is.... it is a frail world in which we reside. We are now dependent upon things that are absolutely asinine.

Just in time delivery is only one of many.

Totally electric houses and housing areas.

911 as one's sole source of security.

A 3/4" line providing all of your water needs.

Sewage pump stations for huge populations in low lying areas.

The list is endless.

Five dedicated, trained and equipped men could knock out nearly any utility system in the U.S. in two weeks.....

and then move on to another utility system.

Modern marvels are wonderful as long as they work.

Vestige has spelled out our real vulnerability.

We could go from​ "The land of milk & honey" to "Camp Fooked" in a matter of hours.

It would only​ take a few dozen people with minimal equipment to make it happen.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

History is full of doom - Really Bad Stuff kind of doom. From our perspective, the events look a little compressed. We currently live in a comfortable niche of time and geography. Things change, but they won't necessarily change this evening or tomorrow...maybe more like next month. I'll be shocked if we make it another ten years (our emerging demographics ALONE make large scale violence inevitable), but I never expected things to last this long.

I did a study once of exactly how easy it would be to disable the USA in terms of daily life. It is much easier than many people think.
    For example, there are four railroad bridges over the Mississippi River. If you blow them up, all rail traffic stops for weeks. The Chinese have the contract to operate the Panama Canal. Again, one bomb and it is shut for months.

We have several huge grid stations that if you blow several of them up, no power for months. Look at Puerto Rico to get a handle on what that means.

Sorry, but the infrastructure underpinning the USA is very vulnerable to as few as three or four people with bombs taking them out.

If you throw in terrorism, or dirty nukes, or even blowing up a Natural Gas ship in port, the threats become clear.

It is also a fact that our leadership classes, military, economic and political would be worthless in any true emergency. They would certainly cover their own rear ends, but leave the peasants to their fate.

It is a fact that all food would run out in our major cities after 72 hours. Yep, we are vulnerable.

Right-on DD. We would soon be left to fend for ourselves. That is why we prepare, and it is THEEEEEEE goal of TB2K as I see it.

We do indeed live in a frail, interconnected world that leaves our systems, and us, vulnerable. But we also have more people than ever "woke" to that fact,
    as evidenced by the burgeoning # of gun permits, farming, canning enthusiast, & preparedness minded folks of all ilks.

As Vestige points out,
    My point is.... it is a frail world in which we reside. We are now dependent upon things that are absolutely asinine.
    the risks are very real. The balancing force at play is, that We boardies are only an Infinitesimally small # of folks who understand our risks,
    and have been busy for years, some for decades, building redundancy into our private and public systems. A whole lot less fiddlin' going on, IMHO.

I am certainly prepared for an "event" that lasts 30 days or so. I am not prepared for a "Collapse of the Roman Empire" type of event. I don't know how I could possibly be prepared for that. I do what I can, with what I have, and where I am" to paraphrase Teddy Rooseveldt.

Even with a handle like "Doomer Doug" I enjoy life as best I can. I will die when God wants me to, and not a second earlier, or later, than that.

People here on timebomb say "mentally unstable, doomer," like it is a bad thing!

The Oroville Dam could have been very bad. We have other dams in similar condition - the one up north in MN (Minot?) looked dicey back when Fuku happened. Currently, this country can still get the financing, technical expertise, manpower, and physical resources together to patch things up...even to the tune of a couple hundred million, or whatever Oroville Dam repairs have so far cost. As things continue to fall apart, that may not work out for us in the future.

I expect we will see a cascading effect (dominoes) after the first BIG catastrophe happens. Lately, it's looked like we keep dodging bullets. I'm thinking of last year's election, and the recent hurricanes.