Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL report: Franken to make an announcement tomorrow (on Thur 12/07)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

report: Franken to make an announcement tomorrow (on Thur 12/07)

Steve Herman‏Verified account @W7VOA
    Replying to @W7VOA @alfranken

And four female Democratic Party U.S. senators have now called on @alfranken to resign.

59m59 minutes ago

Make that six.

53m53 minutes ago

Steve Herman Retweeted Kamala Harris

The sixth is @SenKamalaHarris:

Steve Herman added,
    Kamala Harris
    Verified account @SenKamalaHarris
    Sexual harassment and misconduct should not be allowed by anyone and should not occur anywhere. I believe the best thing for Senator Franken to do is step down.

39m39 minutes ago

Steve Herman Retweeted Tom Troy

And a male voice joins the chorus of female US senators calling for their colleague @alfranken to resign.

Steve Herman added,
    Tom Troy
    @TomFTroy
    Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown moments ago in phone news conference: "I agree the time has come for Senator Franken to step aside. ... We should be held to the highest standards, not the lowest."

34m34 minutes ago

Steve Herman Retweeted Tom Perez

From the chairman of the @DNC:

Steve Herman added,
    Tom Perez
    Verified account @TomPerez
    Sen. Al Franken should step down. Everyone must share the responsibility of building a culture of trust and respect for women in every industry and workplace, and that includes our party.

25m25 minutes ago

Now ten US senators in total.

21m21 minutes ago

And now comes word @alfranken will be making an announcement tomorrow.

11m11 minutes ago

12 and still counting.

6m6 minutes ago

Speculation is that #Minnesota @GovMarkDayton would appoint either @keithellison or @BettyMcCollum04 to succeed @alfranken ahead of a special election that could occur as late as August 2018.
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one big "little bit" now several inches taller than me

posted for fair use and discussion

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...ons-1512579563

Democratic Senators Call for Al Franken to Resign Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
    Franken, a Minnesota Democrat, has said he will cooperate with an ethics probe
    Sen. Al Franken (D., Minn.), has said he will cooperate with an ethics probe.
    Sen. Al Franken (D., Minn.), has said he will cooperate with an ethics probe. Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press
    By Natalie Andrews
    Updated Dec. 6, 2017 12:38 p.m. ET
    201 COMMENTS

WASHINGTON—Democratic senators called for Sen. Al Franken to resign on Wednesday, in the wake of a series of allegations of sexual misconduct, in a dramatic shift that narrows the likelihood the Democratic lawmaker will be able to stay in his seat.

The wave of statements from the senators, including a member of the Senate Democratic leadership, marks the first public calls from his Senate colleagues to quit. Mr. Franken is one of a number of lawmakers who have faced calls in recent weeks to resign over allegations of improper behavior toward women.

Mr. Franken has been accused by several women of groping or forcibly kissing them, during rehearsals or while posing for photos. While denying some of the accusations or saying he remembers the incidents differently, Mr. Franken has also apologized and said he has “let a lot of people down." He has pledged to cooperate with a Senate ethics investigation.

Mr. Franken’s office said he will make an announcement Thursday.

Democratic women led the calls for Mr. Franken to resign. Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii all posted statements at about the same time on Wednesday morning saying the lawmaker should step aside. They were soon joined by others, including Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania—the first male Democratic senator to say Mr. Franken should go.

“Obviously there were new allegations today and enough is enough,” Ms. Gillibrand said of why she called for Mr. Franken’s resignation today. “I do not feel that he should continue to serve.”
    Related

House Passes Measure to Expand Training on Sexual Harassment (Nov. 29)
    New York Lawmaker Censured in Sexual-Harassment Case (Nov. 29)

She was referring to an allegation published in Politico that Mr. Franken tried to kiss a congressional aide against her will after a radio show. He denied the incident occurred.

Ms. Murray, who ranks third in the Senate Democratic leadership, said in a statement: “It’s clear to me that this has been a deeply harmful, persistent problem and a clear pattern over a long period of time. It’s time for him to step aside.”

Other politicians face allegations of sexual harassment and calls to resign, as heightened focus on the issues of sexual and workplace harassment have roiled industries from the business community to Hollywood.

Rep. John Conyers, the longest serving member of the House of Representatives, announced he would be leaving Congress on Tuesday, after facing calls to step down over allegations of inappropriate behavior toward female staff members. A longtime member of his staff who alleged Mr. Conyers asked her to satisfy him sexually and touched her inappropriately was given a $27,000 settlement in 2015 and required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Mr. Conyers denied the allegations.
    Newsletter Sign-up

The Democratic Party leadership has called for Rep. Ruben Kihuen (D., Nev.) to resign from Congress after the website BuzzFeed reported that the freshman lawmaker inappropriately propositioned a female campaign staffer. Mr. Kihuen has denied the allegations but apologized for “anything that I may have said or done that made her feel uncomfortable.”

It was recently revealed that Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold used a taxpayer fund to settle a sexual harassment claim by an employee three years ago. Lawyers for him said he denies he engaged in any wrongdoing. Mr. Farenthold said this week that he will pay back the settlement to the government.

Alabama Republican Senate hopeful Roy Moore has also been accused of sexual misconduct with multiple teenage girls decades ago when he was in his 30s, which he has denied. The Alabama special election is Tuesday.

Write to Natalie Andrews at Natalie.Andrews@wsj.com
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one big "little bit" now several inches taller than me

The shame of resignation is somewhat unnecessary...

He could cut his own throat and jump in a wood chipper.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Nina J Tomasieski‏ @NinaMorton
    Dec 2

.@NancyPelosi has asked Ruben Kihuen, a rising star in the Dem Party and a DREAMer, to resign over sexual misconduct claim. By the time this is over, the Dem Party will have a bunch of new members. Don’t forget #Franken & #Conyers. #MoreToCome

^^^ well it is one way to get young blood in... (just imagine...Antifa and worse in Congress)

He's pervy enough. He's immoral enough. And, doggonit, people found out.

( inside joke SNL )
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

At this point, I'd rather see him stay and fulfill the last couple years of his term, then lose (cuz it's been ever so close the last two times) rather than Dayton appoint some other Dem hack (Keith Ellison anyone?) and give them a leg up as an " incumbent".

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    At this point, I'd rather see him stay and fulfill the last couple years of his term, then lose (cuz it's been ever so close the last two times) rather than Dayton appoint some other Dem hack (Keith Ellison anyone?) and give them a leg up as an " incumbent".
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

Yes Dayton will have to appoint Keith Ellison, or the FUSA Africans
    will be out in the streets. Remember, the FUSA is extremely divided,
    never has it been as divided, as it is now.

The composition of the FUSA CONgress, does not represent
    this division, and the damocrats will field candidates that
    will represent this division. Therefore, candidates like
    Keith Ellison, will be demanded by the controlling majority
    of the damocrat party, which is the FUSA Africans.

Also, since Charlottesville, the force has been with the damocrats.
    They won in Virginia, they won in Atlanta, and it is my well honed
    spidey senses that tell me, that they will win in Alabama
    next Tuesday.

The GOP has its job cut out for it, to retain control of both
    houses of the US CONgress in the November 2018 elections.
    They live in a fantasy world, if they think that they are going
    to actually pick up seats. Whatever they are drinking or smoking,
    I would like some.

Wake up peoples, please wake up.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.
    Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Another dirty Jew. MAGA
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    The shame of resignation is somewhat unnecessary...

He could cut his own throat and jump in a wood chipper.
    Tucker and Dale vs. Evil 2?
    Sub-Zero

He's going to resign. He should have done it 3 weeks ago instead of dragging this out. I can't get over my gloating since Trump became President. It's hilarious! Winning feels good for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    He's going to resign. He should have done it 3 weeks ago instead of dragging this out. I can't get over my gloating since Trump became President. It's hilarious! Winning feels good for a change.
    Conyer's forced resignation yesterday and an "upset" CBC forced this to happen and soon.
    Franken didn't plan to resign now, if ever. He's just the first sacrifice to the CBC. The question will be: is that enough or do more accused whites have to be forced out to calm the CBC?

CBC- congressional black caucus - if they turn on Pelosi, she's probably out of the leadership forever.

Careful what you wish for.
    If they all start resigning, they are sure to say Moore and Trump should follow their lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Careful what you wish for.
    If they all start resigning, they are sure to say Moore and Trump should follow their lead.
    This is being set up for this. Once the dems are "clean" , they will paint the repubs with Moore and Trump at the forefront as the antiwoman scumbag party.

A long national nightmare has ended. Our Republic STILL stands!! The Adults are back in the building. Now we take our Country back, no matter how many special snowflakes have to be melted down to do it. President Trump, you've got the ball. Lets ROCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    complete with eye candy of course, Eat yer heart out Al......LMFAO
    A long national nightmare has ended. Our Republic STILL stands!! The Adults are back in the building. Now we take our Country back, no matter how many special snowflakes have to be melted down to do it. President Trump, you've got the ball. Lets ROCK!!

Looks like it's a done deal that he's leaving. So we will have to suffer under whoever Dayton chooses until next fall's election and the swearing in Jan. 2019.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/12...called-on.html

"TEN senators on Wednesday called on fellow Democrat Al Franken to resign, in a jaw-dropping avalanche..."
    The 10 are: Gillibrand of New York, Hirono of Hawaii, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Patty Murray of Washington, Kamala Harris of California, Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Sherrod Brown of Ohio, and Joe Donnelly of Indiana.

Gillibrad started it with this Facebook post: "Senator Franken Should Step Aside." Excerpt:

While a lot of the media focus has been on high-profile cases with powerful leaders in politics, Hollywood, and the media business, we must recognize that this is happening every day to women everywhere, up and down the economic ladder....

While it’s true that [Franken's] behavior is not the same as the criminal conduct alleged against Roy Moore, or Harvey Weinstein, or President Trump, it is still unquestionably wrong, and should not be tolerated by those of us who are privileged to work in public service....

While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn’t acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve.

The newest charges against Franken were reported this morning in Politico, in "Another woman says Franken tried to forcibly kiss her/The Minnesota senator is accused of making an unwanted sexual advance after a taping of his radio show in 2006. He denies the allegation":

[A former Democratic congressional aide] said Franken (D-Minn.) pursued her after her boss had left the studio. She said she was gathering her belongings to follow her boss out of the room. When she turned around, Franken was in her face. The former staffer ducked to avoid Franken’s lips. As she hastily left the room, she said, Franken told her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.”...

We'll never forget that Trump said "I just start kissing them... I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it." Here, we see Franken taking that arrogance far beyond what Trump said. If we assume for — the purpose of analysis‚ that the new allegation is true:

1. In place of a presumption of consent — "they let you do it" — Franken claims a right. He contends that because of his status as "an entertainer" he gets to do it whether she wants it or not.

2. Franken actually does it, even when confronted with active non-consent. Trump was only talking — outside of the earshot of any woman — about what he supposedly does. Who knows what he actually does? But even in the bragging context, the woman consents. Trump's joke is her susceptibility to star power.

3. Franken seems to get off on the forcible intrusion on the woman. Trump seems to delight in the fact that women want him. Those are entirely different sexual orientations! Franken is the one on the rapist spectrum.

4. Trump said you needed to be a star to have special access. Franken claimed access based on status as an "entertainer." That's more self-effacing and maybe he thought it was sort of cute and funny. But self-deprecation attached to forcing himself on the other person puts him in a very dark place, and makes me want to say those often-mocked feminist words: That's not funny.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Not sure it's winning if Keith Ellison, a muzzie, takes Franken's place.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnGal View Post
    Not sure it's winning if Keith Ellison, a muzzie, takes Franken's place.
    And maybe the REAL reason those firmly seated in the Democrat wagon are seeking removal of the footsman Franken.

Gotta make room for the "connected."

It is a party in "retrenchment." With limited seating.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

He's supposed to be making an announcement at 1145 this morning, IN the senate chambers. This should be interesting.

Reports indicate Franken will be appearing in the well of the Senate shortly to make a statement.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Reports indicate Franken will be appearing in the well (snake pit) of the Senate shortly to make a statement.
    Had to add a couple of words and fix it for you.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

And the crawfishing begins (gonna wait for the Ethics Committee to weigh in, it seems.)

Oh - will be resigning in 'the coming weeks.'
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/07/al...&utm_campaign=

Al Franken Officially Resigns [VIDEO]

WASHINGTON D.C.- Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken officially resigned in a speech on the Senate floor Thursday amid multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

Franken’s resignation comes the day after several dozen of his Democratic colleagues called for the Minnesota Democratic to step aside.

Leeann Tweeden first accused Franken in late November of forcibly kissing her and groping her on a USO tour in 2006. Franken apologized for his behavior, but continued to face allegations from a number of other woman, who say he sexually mistreated them while serving in the U.S. Senate. Seven women now have accused Franken of sexually misconduct. (RELATED: Flood Of Dem Female Senators Tell Franken To Resign)

Minnesota’s female Democratic lieutenant governor, Tina Smith, will reportedly replace Franken to prevent a special election which would give Republican’s an opportunity to run for Franken’s now vacant seat.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

this cowardly bastard took NO responsibility for anything, in fact went after the President and Roy Moore, Franken, you've NO class..none at all. it's all about "poor me"

You sir, have NO honor.

Stick a fork in him, he's done!

Summary of speech: Franken is the victim and it's all Trump's fault.

Be worried people.

Franken NOT allowed to defend against his accusers.

This is ALL ABOUT ROY MOORE!
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!

And so the Three Ring Circus begins in Minnesota. 2018 we will have two Senate seats and one Governorship to fill.
    Look for the names Pawlenty and Bachmann to re-emerge from the weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    this cowardly bastard took NO responsibility for anything, in fact went after the President and Roy Moore, Franken, you've NO class..none at all. it's all about "poor me"

You sir, have NO honor.
    This wasn't news, I hope!!

Summerthyme (heck, even the letter sent by Gillebrand, et al, demanding Franken's resignation stated that his "acts" weren't NEARLY as bad as "the ones President Trump and Judge Moore have been accused of"... completely ignoring the fact that those were UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATIONS... and Franken was PHOTOGRAPHED acting very inappropriately!)

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Be worried people.

Franken NOT allowed to defend against his accusers.

This is ALL ABOUT ROY MOORE!
    Well, if Judge Moore's accusers can come up with some ACTUAL evidence to rival the photos of Franken groping a sleeping woman, I'd be worried. Their obvious forgery of the yearbook pretty much shows they don't have any...

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Well, if Judge Moore's accusers can come up with some ACTUAL evidence to rival the photos of Franken groping a sleeping woman, I'd be worried. Their obvious forgery of the yearbook pretty much shows they don't have any...

Summerthyme
    Agree!

I also think WHEN Moore wins, Frankenberry could very well RETRACT his resignation, saying if Moore is going to be seated, I'm staying.

Stay tuned.

Part of Franken's speech...

Franken: "Some irony" that I'm leaving Senate while man who bragged about sexual assault is president."

Breaking911‏Verified account @Breaking911
    7m7 minutes ago

FRANKEN SLAMS TRUMP: “I of all people am aware that there is some irony in the fact I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape of his history of sexual assault is in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls has the full support of his party”

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Part of Franken's speech...

Franken: "Some irony" that I'm leaving Senate while man who bragged about sexual assault is president."

Breaking911‏Verified account @Breaking911
    7m7 minutes ago

FRANKEN SLAMS TRUMP: “I of all people am aware that there is some irony in the fact I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape of his history of sexual assault is in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls has the full support of his party”
    A liar, groping for relevance. What a little pig of a man.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Hopefully he will be replaced by someone far better.

Franken's resignation was designed to try to take down the President. Bernie Sanders just tweeted the following...

We have a president who acknowledged on tape that he assaulted women. I would hope that he pays attention to what's going on and think about resigning.

The Dems have been working together on this. It is going to get uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Franken's resignation was designed to try to take down the President. Bernie Sanders just tweeted the following...

We have a president who acknowledged on tape that he assaulted women. I would hope that he pays attention to what's going on and think about resigning.

The Dems have been working together on this. It is going to get uglier.
    It isn't going to work, but I hope they keep burning themselves down while trying.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Hopefully he will be replaced by someone far better.
    Well, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Franken DID NOT resign today. He said "in the coming weeks" . . . As mentioned above, he can always retract his statement "due to pressure, premature, etc. etc." Does he not realize how he is being played by his own party?
    The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace .