Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Matt Lauer's wife Annette Roque ditches wedding ring, her father says pair will divorce
+ Reply to Thread

Matt Lauer's wife Annette Roque ditches wedding ring, her father says pair will divorce

'Everybody feels betrayed': Matt Lauer's wife Annette Roque ditches wedding ring, her father says pair will divorce
    Fox News2 hours ago

Matt Lauer's estranged wife Annette Roque was spotted for the first time since her disgraced husband was fired by NBC, as Roque's father told a reporter that their marriage is over.

Roque, a Dutch-born former model, was seen getting breakfast after dropping her children off at school Wednesday in Sag Harbor, New York.

The 52-year-old's wedding ring was noticeably missing.

Lauer and Roque married in 1998 and she filed for divorce in 2006, accusing the disgraced journalist of "cruel and inhumane" behavior before withdrawing her petition one month later after reaching a private agreement.

While Roque has not yet publicly commented on the allegations against Lauer, her father spoke to the Daily Mail, saying his daughter has plans to divorce Lauer.

"She is not going to stay with him and work it out. They are not together trying to work it out," Roque's father, Henri, told the publication from his home in Amsterdam. "I have no words for her husband. What he has done is bad. Everybody feels betrayed."

The 76-year-old added his daughter is "feeling shocked" and "is now having sorrow for her children." He also denied reports that Roque had returned to Holland following the scandal.

"The situation is so bad. I have met Matt, he was a nice guy. I feel kind of betrayed. It’s my own daughter. I don’t know how the kids are doing," Henri Roque said.

NBC's announced on Nov. 28 that Lauer was being fired for "inappropriate sexual behavior," cutting the star of its highly lucrative morning show.

How much Lauer's status may have protected him from allegations of impropriety is among the questions that have been raised. NBC has said current executives didn't receive any complaints before the one filed last Monday that triggered Lauer's dismissal the next day.

Other women have since come forward with accusations, with one telling The New York Times that Lauer had sexually assaulted her in his office in 2001. A Variety magazine investigation outlined a pattern of alleged inappropriate behavior, including three women who said Lauer harassed them.

In his only public response, Lauer said in a statement that some of the allegations were untrue but others had enough truth that he felt "embarrassed and ashamed."

Repairing the damage caused is now his "full-time job," Lauer said.

The former morning show host joined a lengthening list of prominent men toppled by misconduct claims, starting with movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and expanding out to others in Hollywood, media and politics.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...l-divorce.html

I hear Anthony Weiner could use a roommate....

Poor Matt ... he's ashamed and embarrassed. Dont' fret he has turned over a new leaf and is working hard to repair the damage. All is forgiven Matt ... Not!

The "I'm ashamed" mantra seems to be the common theme after they've been busted. Lauer is just another turd that needs to be flushed.

Evidently Lauer's wife is the only person who wasn't aware of his bad behavior.

Matt Lauer’s office sexcapades known to media elites, who roared with laughter over lewd jokes at 2008 ‘roast’

Article at site due to inappropriate language:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-behavior.html

How NBC went into damage control on Matt Lauer

Video 8:56

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    Poor Matt ... he's ashamed and embarrassed. Dont' fret he has turned over a new leaf and is working hard to repair the damage. All is forgiven Matt ... Not!

The "I'm ashamed" mantra seems to be the common theme after they've been busted. Lauer is just another turd that needs to be flushed.
    Yeah, and he just ran out of "get out of jail free" cards with his formerly gullible wife!

Summerthyme

New York state is a community property divorce settlement one. This means that Lauer's fortune, reputed to be in the several hundred million range, will be subject to one half being awarded to the wife. She will get one half of everything he earned since they married in 1998, nearly 20 years ago. Whatever else happens, Matt Lauer will be significantly poorer after the divorce settlement. This doesn't include any child support, education support, or alimony he has to pay monthly for this two kids.

Yep, there was a party, one of those so called "roasts," that a reporter made notes of what was said and done. It is DISGUSTING. NBC execs knew what was happening and they knew it as far back as 2008, some 9 years ago.

I assume even after Lauer gets hosed in his divorce settlement he will still be worth tens of millions of dollars. I think the worst thing for Lauer must be the contempt his two kids now have for him. The other kids are going to be brutal on them for having a "pervert dad."
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    New York state is a community property divorce settlement one. This means that Lauer's fortune, reputed to be in the several hundred million range, will be subject to one half being awarded to the wife. She will get one half of everything he earned since they married in 1998, nearly 20 years ago. Whatever else happens, Matt Lauer will be significantly poorer after the divorce settlement. This doesn't include any child support, education support, or alimony he has to pay monthly for this two kids.
    Good, I hope she wins big!
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Yeah, I prefer to see things done evenly and fairly in divorce (yeah, I'm a dreamer), but in this case I hope she cleans him out big time.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post
    She knew, now she's trying to distance herself from him to keep from looking like an idiot and take his money and kids.

THEY ALL KNOW, every single one of them are sexual deviants, hire sexual deviants, and hang out with sexual deviants. What is disgusting and what people will soon realize is, THEY ALL KNOW, they've known all along and never said anything because they are just as guilty. Hollywood is full, the msm is full, full, full of them.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    I assume even after Lauer gets hosed in his divorce settlement he will still be worth tens of millions of dollars. I think the worst thing for Lauer must be the contempt his two kids now have for him. The other kids are going to be brutal on them for having a "pervert dad."
    Not if his victims sue the ever living hell out of him!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post

Matt Lauer’s office sexcapades known to media elites, who roared with laughter over lewd jokes at 2008 ‘roast’

Article at site due to inappropriate language:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-behavior.html

How NBC went into damage control on Matt Lauer

Video 8:56

Here's the ACTUAL transcript of that "Friars Club" Roast---a journalist made notes secretly and wrote it out.

Note: THIS is how LIBERALS really think and behave in their private lives, when they are REAL with one another.

And they DARE call themselves the Moral Arbiters for the REST of us?????!!!???

https://www.villagevoice.com/2008/10...of-dick-jokes/

CAN NOT print article---WAY too many dirty words............
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It takes one level of guilt to get Lauer fired by NBC from NBC. It takes a much higher level for any potential criminal charges, and only a little lower for civil lawsuits. Given the time frame between the incidents, and now, which in some cases is well over a decade, I don't think many of his accusers have a legal option left. They may reach cash settlements with him, since Lauer won't want twenty lawsuits dogging him in the media for the next year or so.

The women harassed will have a much better shot at going after both NBC and Comcast, especially with this DYNAMITE roast story coming out. After all, it will be hard for NBC to claim they didn't know what Lauer was doing when they were laughing about it as far back as 2008. So yeah, the women have a very good shot at suing NBC.

You have a court of public opinion, which all of these guys have been found guilty in. You also have a legal system, either civil or criminal and that requires facts, data, witness statements etc.

Any way you slice it, Lauer is going to pay one half of all his income since 1998 to his wife. He may end up settling multiple lawsuits with various women in order to avoid being in the news for the next decade.

Lauer will never work in the media again. He may write a book or whatever but that is it. I pity his two kids during this Christmas season. I doubt either his wife or kids wants to spend any holiday time with him. Lauer will be sitting in his multimillion dollar Manhattan apartment, all by himself, and just starting to realize he has lost everything, his marriage, his wife, his kids, his reputation, his job and soon most of his money.

If Matt Lauer wasn't such a vile human being I would almost feel sorry for him during this Christmas season. Given he is a vile human being, I take the view he made his mess and now he gets to deal with it. If you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

For the record . . .

Lauer actually has three children--two sons (16 and 11) and a daughter (14).

Set a terrific example for them, didn't he?

It seems that media people, while they believe themselves to be a cut above the average, are, in fact, not people most of us would want for friends, neighbors, or mere acquaintances. Who would want their children to be under their influence?
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

I worked the satellite transmission side of the TV news business for the better part of 25 years until 2010.....when my eyes were opened. I quit knowing that I would never again help spread THE LIE.

So it is w/ 1st hand knowledge that I make this assessment -- TV News is a flaming hellhole of a business & most of the people in it are rotten assholes who wouldn't be welcome in an opium den