Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TIP Holiday Package Delivery 2017
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holiday Package Delivery 2017

Having shipped many packages the last several weeks I have run into more trouble with deliveries than I thought possible. One day last week I had 3 exceptions from UPS about missed trucks and delayed this and that.
    One package sent Priority mail took a full 7 days to reach recipient.
    Anyway, if I had it to do over again I would go ahead and pay the extra money and not send it ground UPS. I would upgrade to at least 3 day.
    Deliveries are really screwed up this year.
    Oh, and another thing, they are not updating their tracking either so you are not able to track.

Anyone else having problems with their packages?

Just heard on the news this morning that all the delivery companies are basically overwhelmed by volume this year, with a record being set in terms on online buying. Buckle-up, it just gets worse from here...

Fedex pulled into the yard yesterday driving a U-Haul truck.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Just heard on the news this morning that all the delivery companies are basically overwhelmed by volume this year, with a record being set in terms on online buying. Buckle-up, it just gets worse from here...
    Just put in my orders last night. Latest arrival date is projected for December 19, which should leave me good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    They do that now. Freaked me out when I first saw it, but apparently Fedex uses contractors and doesn't provide trucks. Asked the guy driving about it and he says it drives him nuts too; no one believes he's with Fedex.

Just ordered new hubs/bearings, HD slotted rotors & ceramic pads from Rock Auto.

Delivered 3 days ahead of estimate.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I believe that. I only have one more delivery coming to us and that is it for me this year. Too stressful worrying over them.
    Apples I sent to OAD were put over the fence at 8:30 at night in the country in the pitch dark. She had to go all the way to the road with a flashlight to get them.

I have an expensive piece of kit coming that was shipped UPS from London on 11/30. Have been tracking it's progress like a hawk, and except for sitting in customs for a couple of days, it's been moving right along. Got an email notification this morning that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I'm not complaining at ALL. Just so it's been handled with the care it deserves...not bad for it to arrive in 7 days.

Hope it gets here before I have to go out for the evening tomorrow, and the UPS man doesn't leave it down at the end of the road or something. Eeeeek.

Same here! I looked out the window because I heard a large truck and out pops the UPS guy!
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

So far this year no problems with receiving items I ordered online. Knock on wood!

The most amazingly fast shipping I have ever seen is from DD Hammocks based in Edinburgh Scotland. All of their items, regardless of price, are shipped free via Fed-Ex Air and received here in the States within two business days.

The slowest? Varusteleka in Finland required over 20 days to get here. From what I could tell tracking the order, it languished in New York customs for at least a week. I would still order from them especially since any order is only $9.99 USD for shipping.

Over the last few years Amazon seems to be getting slower and slower. What used to be two or three day delivery is easily turning into five to seven day delivery. I always opt for the free shipping, won't pay for Prime or other shipping options.

Regardless, with the continuing surge in online ordering I would not wait much longer to make important purchases. Also the weather is getting worse and one big ice or snow storm can really muck things up.

Another issue will be out of stock and backorder situations. This is also becoming more of an issue as the biggies like Amazon and Wally-World will say something is in stock when it actually is not.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I believe it, everyone I know is ordering online this year, and not just from Amazon.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Did he crap in your driveway?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Check your back door for package deliveries!

An Amazon driver told me about this a couple of months ago. New policy of theirs.

Doing it some areas because of Porch Pirates.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Some of the delay might be blamed on the use of "shipping partners" by the business you're buying from. This can easily add 3-4 days (or more) to the delivery time. From my observations the package could go damn near anywhere before it finally is handed over to the Post Office or UPS or whoever for "the last mile" of delivery. A few weeks ago I bought something in NE Portland (I live in the eastern suburbs of Portland) and the package went to Reno and Las Vegas before it finally came back to Portland to be delivered to me. Other times I've watched packages literally pass through Gresham on the way to Seattle and other locations before it eventually comes back to Gresham for final delivery. Once I watched a package make the trip through Portland three freaking separate times! This probably makes sense to the businesses since they likely get cheaper prices for the bulk mailing of packages (and it's probably more efficient overall), but it's up to anyone's cynical opinion as to whether the businesses are passing along the savings to their customers. In any case, it sure as hell isn't being done due to an emphasis on customer service!

Another possible explanation is that Creeping Moron Rot is just becoming ever more deeply entrenched in the American culture ...

The one that irritates me is Fedex Smartpost, where at some point Fedex passes it off to the Postal Service. I think every shipment I get from Brownells takes about 10 days. It goes from Iowa to Chicago, then back to the Twin Cities, where Fedex transfers it to the Post Office and then sits there 3 or 4 days.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

I placed an order on Amazon Sunday night and today around Noon it was in my mailbox.

Fed Ex made a delivery here using a Budget rental truck.
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, People will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -- Maya Angelou

UPS here where I live is making deliveries with golf carts. Today on my way to work I saw another guy driving one with a trailer attached on the sidewalk down a busy road.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    The one that irritates me is Fedex Smartpost, where at some point Fedex passes it off to the Postal Service. I think every shipment I get from Brownells takes about 10 days. It goes from Iowa to Chicago, then back to the Twin Cities, where Fedex transfers it to the Post Office and then sits there 3 or 4 days.
    I HATE that stupid FedEx Smartpost!!! I will order something and get a notification that it has shipped FedEx and I start to track it. All of a sudden it's been delivered to the post office, which means even if it's here in town it will take two days to get here. I could probably walk to the post office and back in an hour!!!

I've started to get deliveries from random, unmarked cars. They usually don't hang around long enough for me to ask the driver who they are delivering for. But I can see the whole back of the car is full of packages.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

7:30AM Postal truck making deliveries on my street.
    7:30AM and postal truck! Then I realized it was an Amazon thing.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Monday night.
    9:30PM Knock on front door, dog going crazy, me getting mentally prepared for fun....DAMN UPS delivery. 8PM is usually max.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

The USPS just started SUNDAY rural deliveries here, delivering ONLY Amazon packages! WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Check your back door for package deliveries!

An Amazon driver told me about this a couple of months ago. New policy of theirs.

Doing it some areas because of Porch Pirates.

It's a HUGE problem here locally to the point that everyone I know has cameras on their porches now.

Last year when I ordered my Instant Pot the Postman delivered it late, my desk is near a window which looks out over our driveway so I saw him pull up into the drive. He said he waited until he knew we were home to deliver it, otherwise he would have left a slip. He had delivered over a hundred of them that week (Black Friday Sale last year) and there had been complaints from customers that their IP wasn't at the door though Amazon said it had been delivered. So the local postmaster had him delivering ONLY IP's and in the evening when they thought the bulk of their customers would be home.

The most stolen mail order item last year was the Instant Pot.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Ok, I’ll tell you about my experience with ups today. He stopped and left my packages on time, but one was missing. It was a bike for my grandson. I thought he just forgot to get it out. Well, he came back and blew the horn. He said he wanted to make sure it was ok to get that one out because he saw my grandson out earlier. We have a great UPS driver.

Got an order from Grizzly, FedEx, Delivered in a Penske rental. Had an Ebay delivery, priority mail, 3-4 days late. Midway orders, delayed shipment (week), transient time was one to two days longer than normal. Seen the delays first hand. USPS tracking is very problematic.
    In Honor of T/S R.L. Hare (Chief Sly)and the members of 322 BS

I finally got the electric control and cord for my new smoker after a month and a half of my trying to get it shipped UPS. The human robots kept saying " we can only ship FEDEX". So I had to let them ship it FEDEX. For the 6TH time in a row the idiot delivered to a neighboring weekend cabin. I finally got through the maze of complaining about the nondeliveries and they said a supervisor and the driver would come out and retrieve it and deliver it to me.

The idiot driver appeared, without supervisor, and once again I explained in great detail the numbering system used for houses in my very rural area. He told me it was now seared upon his memory. I give him a maximum of 6 weeks before he forgets it.

Why do companies think using FEDEX is such a great idea? Are they all so stupid as to think all of their drivers are dependable? Both UPS and the mail carrier are extremely dependable. Idiot driver is the exact opposite. He is also from Chicago and, therefore thinks he knows everything.
    The only thing he is good at is making excuses.

Windy ridge

Happened to be home this afternoon and the UPS guy stopped next door. Their dog was out. I don't know if she bites or not, but she is a golden retriever and has one of those invisible fences that keeps her in the yard. She's older and doesn't go out much. It was cold out so I was surprised to see her out for so long.

Anyway, the UPS driver doesn't even chance it. He sits at the curb honking the horn and waits for like 15 seconds and then pulls away and is gone. The don't have time during this busy season to wait around for someone to discover why the dog is barking.
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

I ordered a surplus parka for my self and it took a little more than a week to get here, most any other time of year about three to four days.
    Anyway the N-3B Parka it fits and my son tied it on and likes it so mon said order another one for him today and yeah it will likely get here in 12 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Signwatcher View Post
    Happened to be home this afternoon and the UPS guy stopped next door. Their dog was out. I don't know if she bites or not, but she is a golden retriever and has one of those invisible fences that keeps her in the yard. She's older and doesn't go out much. It was cold out so I was surprised to see her out for so long.

Anyway, the UPS driver doesn't even chance it. He sits at the curb honking the horn and waits for like 15 seconds and then pulls away and is gone. The don't have time during this busy season to wait around for someone to discover why the dog is barking.
    Wow! Here, the UPS guy knows the dogs, and brings them dog biscuits. I used to (mildly... we had the same driver for over 25 years, and his replacement since he retired says he'll likely be on this route until HE retires... and he appears to be in his early 30s) worry that the familiarity might let them show up when we weren't home and clean the place out... as long as they had enough dog biscuits!

Until the afternoon he showed up to pick up a liquid nitrogen tank (we have bull semen shipped UPS... we transfer it to our LN tank, and then they pick the empty tank and return it to the shipper). We left it on the front porch, so if we were busy and didn't hear him drive in, he could just take it. I was alerted by some very different barking, and discovered the guy backed up against his truck, with 4 very vehement farm dogs telling him in no uncertain terms that h was allowed to BRING stuff to the house... he was NOT allowed to TAKE stuff! He was trying yo get them to take dog biscuits... they were completely ignoring them!

We do have an arrangement with him now that if we aren't home, he places small packages inside our basement entrance door... not because we're worried about theft (not with those dogs around!) But because the dog occasionally find them irresistible to play with! I set that arrangement up after once finding 50 yards of tubular gauze spread around the entire back yard!

Any driver who couldn't cope with dogs on this route wouldn't last long!

Summerthyme

I use Fedex smart post as a shipper. It's cheaper for certain areas over fedex ground. You chose the free option remember that.

I went outside yesterday at work when the ups guy showed up. It was already 1pm and his truck looked like it was flipped over and up-righted. Shit was everywhere.
    He said they have been getting out of the depot late because they don't have enough people overnight to load the trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    The USPS just started SUNDAY rural deliveries here, delivering ONLY Amazon packages! WOW!!!
    Yeah, they've been doing it here too. Confuses the heck out of Mom with her dementia. Getting mail is a big event for her and this Sunday stuff is messing with her brain a bit. By the time she gets used to it, it will be over. LOL!
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

I ordered a laser printer from Costco yesterday, it is supposed to be here Monday, coming up from California. The thing weighs 50 lbs. package is 56 lbs, I definitely want to be here when they deliver it, because I'm going to need to have them bring it inside instead of tossing it on the porch and sprinting back to their truck, that thing is going to be a bear to unpack and set up.

My mom ordered 4 new tires through Costco 2 days ago and they'll be in Spokane Tuesday from LA, odd thing, they're in two separate shipments.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees - former Pittsburgher
    They all suck. USPS 2nd year in a row screwed up. Bought a new phone case for my new phone. Supposedly here on a Monday. Nope. By Friday? Nope. Emailed company and post office.

I was talking to my next door neighbor who is in the process of moving. I know her box is above mine (cluster mailboxes). Had a hunch....right above mine and she probably wasn't checking her mail often. Told her of my dilemma. She agreed to go check her mail and I walked over with her.

99% junk mail and MY PACKAGE! I was so happy.

And so pissed at the USPS. I had talked to the mail carrier who could not have cared less. The post office never got back to me either. Big surprise.

Last year, plenty of us in the development got each others' packages. Thank God for honest people.
    No good deed ever goes unpunished.

34. We ship a lot of packages on all carriers, freight included. UPS is a disaster right now. Avoid at all costs. Drivers are exhausted. Putting in up to 70 hour weeks. Last week they were asked to start working Sundays here. Most declined our drivers told me yesterday.

We had a "hot" priority package for 10:30 delivery yesterday. UPS lost it after it reached our city. We sent someone to their office and he called back and said it was useless, UPS guys and managers just sitting around. When asked if one of them could assist in finding the item they said "not our job description" Our UPS pickup guy showed up at 5pm with the package. He said he never gets deliveries on his truck. He is dedicated pickup only!

Fedex does use rental trucks during holidays and thank goodness! At least they are trying and have some degree of customer service.

WE HAVE ALLOWED THESE MONOPOLIES TO BE CREATED! THIS IS JUST A PRELUDE OF THE QUALITY OF SERVICE THAT IS COMING IN HEALTHCARE, RETAIL(amazon), and TECH!!

My deliveries were finally resolved . At least friend finally received them . Priority mail took 7 days and UPS took 10 days. Tracking screwed up on both. I've had it for this year!

My UPS shipment got here from London Thursday night about 5:00pm. 7 days and delivered to the door - perfect shape.

I just had a UPS Ground package delivered on Saturday (today). Tracking showed it to arrive Monday (2 days from now). I've never seen ground packages delivered on a weekend by UPS.

I’ve noticed weekend/Sunday deliveries by USPS and UPS for Amazon for several years now.

All I ordered was a bag of birdseed. Budgies won't go hungry, but I'll feel better when it ....finally arrives. Should have been here several days ago.

Done for good with FedEx. Our driver wasn't the problem, but they messed up on a Live Animal 24hr shipment several months ago. I couldn't get a person to talk to to save my life. When I finally did the NEXT day, the lady told me she would contact the driver. Apparently that didn't happen, and the critter showed up late in the day, a day late. It arrived ok, but NEVER again. They'll take the money, but couldn't care less about honouring the agreement.

Here the only delivery option that is hassle free is ups. The post office isn't too bad, but fed ex is an absolute stinker.

Last week they'd left two children's recliners so close to the door I could barely open the darn screen enough to get it unlocked.
    Adding insult to injury was the little matter of the packages not only not being addressed to me, it wasn't even the same county!

Nor was it the first time. They'd delivered something that sat on the porch a few weeks, then finally disappeared. I assume they'd caught their mistake and picked it up, but who knows.
    If white privilege exists, why did Senator Warren have to pretend to be an Indian?