Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

RACE I grew up blind to race... Now it has come to 'mind your 6' :-(
+ Reply to Thread

I grew up blind to race... Now it has come to 'mind your 6' :-(

I am, as are many in here, a "child of the 50's", or earlier.

Back when white people were... regular folks.

I was raised to refer to then persons of negro complexion as 'colored'.

It puzzled me as a child, the 'colored' bit.

I am guessing,
    that those (early diversive) folks claiming colored,
    were discriminating amongst themselves, regarding purity of skin color.

Who in here is aware that
    Chock full o' Nuts was an enterprise to employ negros, and negros Only, back in the day?

They were diners (the original set-ups), very 50's when I saw them.

Same vintage as the Automat in NYC.
    It's not just a Bad Idea, it's The LAW!

Didn't have lots of Blacks when I grew up, a few here and there-more an oddity than anything else but no more important than someone in a wheelchair, if you knew them you knew them, if not you did not consider them. Late childhood I began working in HoJo's, being a Latchkey Kid for me was dangerous to the rest of the world so my dad took me to work with him and put me to work.

Worked with lots of Blacks and there was never an issue.

this went into my early 20's and college-freinds with Blacks, dated a couple of light-skinned Black girl [[Twins, easier to date them both than try to figure out who was who.]]

In my 30's I worked roofing with a crew of Blacks, was friends with half the crew, the other half were a mix of pothead losers who did more damage than repair and one guy who is typical of his size being a punk-too short t be tall but just tall enough to be a dick to people shorter than him. He and I butted heads but not because he was Black [[at least to me it wasn't]] but because he tried threatening me into submission-that went over like the Titanic slipping it's harness over dry land.

Not many blacks in my ealry 40's, lots of Hispanics [[which I was freinds with and dated.]]

Then along came Obama and all that shit from earlier in life that I was not part of The Watts Riots and such, came boiling out along with the Knockout Game, more riots and so on. I live in an area and have watched it get Blacker and blacker-not directly in my hood but the stores, the shopping and so forth. Honestly it is quiet and very few out in the world are acting like shitz but yeah, I watch my 6 anyway, always have even when I lived in the swamps alone or on the horse farm alone.

Obama made the lowest of the low a protected class. Until that is resolved it will continue to get worse.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Sat: Obama was this nation's first anti-white Overlord.

Trump came out of the blue... May he be true to his name vs The Swamp.

Ordinary blacks are no longer safe to be around, personal local experience, here.

Divide and Keep 'em Distracted... Or some such
    It's not just a Bad Idea, it's The LAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Sat: Obama was this nation's first anti-white Overlord.

Trump came out of the blue... May he be true to his name vs The Swamp.

Ordinary blacks are no longer safe to be around, personal local experience, here.

Divide and Keep 'em Distracted... Or some such

Hell a lot of white people, that I once considered to be intelligent, rational, and sane, are no longer safe to be around. Their queen wasn't elected, many of them talk about killing Trump supporters, etc., on social media now. I'm not sure if they're skipping their meds or what?
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I work with a lot of black people and for the most part they are easy enough to get along with as long as we keep politics out of the conversation. They all seem to be in the leftist side of things, very few on the right...if any.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Hell a lot of white people, that I once considered to be intelligent, rational, and sane, are no longer safe to be around. Their queen wasn't elected, many of them talk about killing Trump supporters, etc., on social media now. I'm not sure if they're skipping their meds or what?
    You got that right.

I have a buddy (hillbilly) married to a Yankee liberal.

He said it has been pure hell living with her since Hillary lost.

Prior to the election she "seemed" fairly normal (stable).

Don't waste your time reminiscing about the past
    Stop wishing for the old days of normality to come back.
    It ain't happening.
    Face reality and prepare yourself. It's only going to get worse.

In the words of Nowski.
    "Arm up, be safe"
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    It ain't happening.

In the words of Nowski.
    "Arm up, be safe"
    TerryK...

I don't know you from Adam and I "somewhat" disagree with some of your posts but....

on this post I agree with you 100%.

It ain't happening.

In the words of Nowski.
    "Arm up, be safe"
    Personally I've never known what "Normal" was. Ever.

Even as a kid-besides the alcoholic dad, "Mommy Dearest" stepmom, I never had Normal- Leave it to Beaver was as much of a Fantasy/Sci-Fi as Godzilla or Avatar.

I do not long for 'The Good Old Days' unless those days are going back to the Roman days where we can use swords and pikes to deal with issues.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Growing up in the south was very interesting. Blacks were usually polite, but you really never mixed socially at all. I remember the yard help and the house help would never enter the front door of the home, that was just not done. They always came in the kitchen entrance. We had several cooks and maids growing up, and I loved them dearly. They were like second moms to me.

Today, my employees are 98% black, and are great, hard working folks. I look out for their best interest, and them mine. These days we mix socially and attend church together (black and white). It is so very different now from the 60's, but not necessarily better.

Crime has definitely risen here, especially black on black. Shootings and stabbings almost daily, and if you look at the arrest reports online, 90% of the perps are black. Racially, we really did good here after the civil rights movement was over, right up until Obama was enthroned. I have never seen such a precipitous drop in race relations in my entire life. He fomented more dissent than I have ever seen. Now it feels like we are approaching 1968 all over again.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

#10:

I remember the yard help and the house help would never enter the front door of the home, that was just not done.
    In this AO..... neither did a "white" man enter a "black" man's house via the front door.

That was just not done.

I have never seen such a precipitous drop in race relations in my entire life. He fomented more dissent than I have ever seen. Now it feels like we are approaching 1968 all over again.
    I truly believe 1968 will be looked upon as child's play in comparison to what lies ahead.

Bro. Nowski may take it from here.

What my wife (a mountain girl her own self) refers to as "a mixed marriage."
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

What my wife (a mountain girl her own self) refers to as "a mixed marriage."
    Damned near qualifies as miscegenation doesn't it.

It ain't happening.

In the words of Nowski.
    "Arm up, be safe"
    Yep for sure
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

When I was growing up, a mixed marriage was a Lutheran and Methodist mix.
    Go to Church. Pray.
    "Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice" ....Psalm 68

I did not grow up blind to it.
    Daddy always advise to stick to your own kind
    From central Arkansas to central Oklahoma
    I kept to my own
    Have never regret ed it either

Quote Originally Posted by homepark View Post
    When I was growing up, a mixed marriage was a Lutheran and Methodist mix.
    Ha! Where I grew up, it was Catholic and Protestant. And it sometimes took YEARS (and a couple cute grandkids) for either family to come around and talk to the "offenders".

Summerthyme

Not to drift too much but my Dad's family was Catholic from a very formal English background, and my Mom was Southern Baptist. That made for an interesting upbringing.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

I guess my DW and I have a mixed marriage, her from FL and me from MN, both conservative. Our biggest disagreement is I like a little sugar in my iced tea, she likes a little tea with her sugar.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.