Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT How Many Of You Have Been Listeners To "The Power Hour Radio Program?"
+ Reply to Thread

How Many Of You Have Been Listeners To "The Power Hour Radio Program?"

Just thot I would see if we have any other listeners to The Power Hour show which Joyce Riley, RN, founded and hosted for so long. I have been a loyal listener for what seems like a couple of decades, or close to it.

I loved Joyce and everything about her show. It was such an interesting, informative show, focusing on many issues...health and politics, with a great many fascinating guests. As listeners know, she sadly passed away, awhile back....maybe around a year ago.

Joyce passed on her "baton" to Daniel Brigman, a very patriotic, Christian man who shared the same values as Joyce, which is why she chose him to take over the "Power Hour" show. He has done remarkably well, even valiantly, considering many problems with newly taking over the show, a new vocation for him, and he has been following her format with guests focusing on news, health and politics.

However, this week, there has been an interloper to the program. GCN, the parent communication company, has switched the time slot of the original "Power Hour" show to only 2 hours, in the afternoon, instead of the 3 hours the show has always had, in the morning.

And, as if that wasn't bad enough, GCN has replaced the original show, "The Power Hour", now called "Power Hour Nation", with a new program, which it has the gall to name it "The New Power Hour" in the same time slot the former one held. This can be very misleading to the listeners of the original " Power Hour" Joyce ran, since it is on at the same time, and took over the name of the original show. Some people will probably assume this is to replace her show, which it really does not do, other than using its name.!

As if that isn't bad enough, in my book, the final cut (et tu, Brute`) for me, is that at the beginning of the new show, and at the end of commercials, who should announce the new program, but Dave von Kleist, Joyce's ex-husband! I think the whole thing is dirty pool!

I don't know about any other listeners, but I am angry at GCN for taking over the time slot of the original "Power Hour" and putting it at a different time, as well as cutting out an hour of their show, to only 2 hours total AND using its name!

Daniel Brigman, the owner of the original show, at Joyce's urging, had nothing to do with this change, and is not happy with it. I just thot I'd give anyone who has not realized what happened, that this is what has taken place, and it is not what Daniel wanted. He was simply offered the choice of an earlier time slot than they had, which was from 8-11 am, ET, which would have nixed the chances of many guests from the West coast, as it would be too early for them to be on the show. So, Daniel had no choice but to accept the afternoon time slot.

The original show is no longer available on their former website, which, when you access it, and click on "listen now," gives you the new program, instead.

Altho Dr. Conaway, the new talk show hostess on "The New Power Hour" may be a good speaker, and informative about health, she has no connection, whatsoever, to the original show that Joyce held, for so long, and had asked Daniel Brigman to continue on with it, after her passing.

Because of the way GCN put Ms. Conaway into the time slot of the original Power Hour show and it is called by the same name, then has Dave von Kleist announcing it as "The New Power Hour", I will never support this show or buy any of its products.

I will continue to listen to and support the original show, which is currently still on GCN, Channel 4, but at the later time of 3-5 PM, Eastern Time, until and unless it moves elsewhere.

I used to listen on shortwave so I checked the station it was on and it's still there @7AM with Daniel Brigman. You can listen online, go to "WWCR Shortwave", on the left click "listen online" and use "WWCR3", when looking at the program guide you need to scroll down to transmitter 3, the guide was just updated yesterday.

I haven't listened since Joyce passed. It was her I wanted to hear, and I had come to trust her over the years.

Media - ALL media, even 'alternative media' - is about money. Has to be that way, like it or not.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I knew Joyce and Dave many years ago and worked with Dave on an East coast talker back in the 90's. Dave is a VERY bright man, opinionated and insightful. Now that Joyce has gone to her reward perhaps GCN felt it was best that Dave take it back. Perhaps he had a copyright on the name. I don't know.

Network radio honchos, especially the smaller ones, like to shuffle things from time to time. Perhaps this is what Dave wanted? Again just speculating.

Please don't be so quick to attach a conspiracy to everything. Give Dave a fair chance. His work is worthy, imo.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Interesting, Ben.....but Joyce pretty much gave the show to Daniel Brigman, her choice of heading her cont'd show. I wonder if this will wind up in the courts! I hope it won't get nasty.

What freq?

Ok, my opinion and that's all it is but, when Dave left, we pretty much lost interest in it. Joyce was all Power MALL oriented. Sell this, sell that. This herb or pill or ointment, etc. We listened to the first half hour of news then switched it off. I can only stand someone pushing me to buy something for just so long then I walk away. We quit listening to Alex for basically the same reason. Sell this, sell that. Push this, push that.
    We wanted the news. Patriot news. Not a bunch of stuff to buy. It got a little over the top in mho.

Not saying we didn't like Joyce but when she and Dave split and turned it into a sell-a-thon, we walked.

And yeah, we did like Dave. At least he got out and tried to be on locations to help. Joyce didn't want that. To each their own, I guess.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    I haven't listened since Joyce passed. It was her I wanted to hear, and I had come to trust her over the years.

Media - ALL media, even 'alternative media' - is about money. Has to be that way, like it or not.
    Yep! I recall her vanguard on GWS waaaay back in the early 90’s on SWR.

A full 2 years later on AM ‘Talk Radio’

Then maybe another 6 months later in The LA Times

About the same time on TV News

Then 8 years after the fact... I recall FM radio station KPFK “listener supported talk radio” in So-CA announcing they were the first to bring up GWS... Yeah right.

If it wasn’t for Joyce Riley, a co-worker of mine who was diagnosed with GWI by her doctor would have never heard of Dr. Garth Nicholson who may have helped her in the last two years since we happenchanced into one another. I had not seen her in over 10+ years. I bumped into her the day she was turning in her retirement papers due to her ongoing sickness.

She was going home to die in her mind. I gave her the info for Joyce’s Doctor Garth Nicholson. I have not heard from her since her retiring.

She was sickened from opening & inspecting empty intermodal shipping containers returning to the shipping hub Port of Los Angeles.

Wise Owl,

I'm sure you realize that these programs rely on being able to sell products in order to pay for their expenses---broadcasting is very expensive. Well known advertisers are not interested in sponsoring alternative news sites. (Especially pharmaceuticals.) So, the shows have to find their own advertisers and push those products.

Then, there are also employees to pay, as well as misc. costs. I never begrudged Joyce or Alex selling their products. I have bought from both of them. I've been thankful for many of the supplements and other healthful items Joyce introduced to her listeners. I feel that many of them have helped me stay as healthy and long lived as I am, pushing 85 years.

On another topic, I did enjoy Dave, also, when they were together, but with the sudden news of their breakup, I remained loyal to Joyce. She was obviously heartbroken. I cried, too, at the news of the divorce, since I so enjoyed the pair over the years they were a team.

As far as Dave going out to check out various things going on, with the bus he used, I would imagine that Joyce pretty much had to stay back at their place, keeping track of the office business and employees at the Power Mall. After Dave left, she would talk about her wish for a bus so she , too, could also go on location, but her illness became too much of a problem.

One of Joyce's missions, her favorite one, I'm sure, was helping the vets in any way she could. Having been a flight nurse, she became someone who really cared for and tried to help our veterans. She had such a big heart for them.

BOTH Dave and Joyce are/were talented, intelligent and visionary. They had very different approaches and styles but that was OK.

Style means squat. Ratings, market share and dollars (revenue) dictate the future of any radio host.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce