Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Conyers retiring today!!
+ Reply to Thread

Conyers retiring today!!

Merry Christmas folks..

Conyers retiring today, per Fox news on the fox news channel. That's all I have at the moment.
    A long national nightmare has ended. Our Republic STILL stands!! The Adults are back in the building. Now we take our Country back, no matter how many special snowflakes have to be melted down to do it. President Trump, you've got the ball. Lets ROCK!!

I heard that he would just not seek re-election.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politi...est/index.html

it should be on this link. fair use applies and all of that.

Conyers: "I am retiring today"
    Rep. John Conyers announced that is he retiring today and he is putting together the plans for that.

"I am retiring today. And I want everyone to know how much I appreciate the support that...incredible, undiminished support I've received across the years of my supporters, not only in my district but across the country as well," Conyers said.

He is endorsing his son, John Conyers III, to replace him in Congress. It is not clear specifically what his plans are. The interview on the Mildred Gaddis radio show is still ongoing
    A long national nightmare has ended. Our Republic STILL stands!! The Adults are back in the building. Now we take our Country back, no matter how many special snowflakes have to be melted down to do it. President Trump, you've got the ball. Lets ROCK!!

Related

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...cuser-n2418292

Another Conyers Accuser Comes Forward, Says Congressman Groped Her in Church

Leah Barkoukis
    Posted: Dec 05, 2017 8:00 AM

Another woman has come forward accusing Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) of inappropriate sexual behavior hours before the longest serving member of Congress is set to make an announcement about his political future.

Elisa Grubbs said that the congressman put his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while sitting in the front row of a church.

“Rep. Conyers slid his hand up my skirt and rubbed my thighs while I was sitting next to him in the front row of a church," she said in an affidavit published late Monday by her attorney Lisa Bloom. "I was startled and sprang to my feet and exclaimed, 'He just ran his hand up my thigh!' Other staffers witnessed the event."

Grubbs worked for Conyers for more than a decade. She is also the cousin of Marion Brown who also accused the congressman of sexual misconduct, reaching a confidential settlement with the politician over the allegations.
    As well as touching inappropriately in a church, Grubbs claims she witnessed Conyers touching and stroking the legs and buttocks of her cousin and other female staffers on “multiple occasions,” adding that such harassment “was a regular part of life while working in the office of Rep. Conyers."

In another instance of sexual harassment, Conyers allegedly came out of the bathroom naked knowing Grubbs was in his home.

The Democrat’s attorney dismissed Grubbs’ accusations, telling the Detroit Free Press that they are “another instance of tomfoolery from the mouth of Harvey Weinstein's attorney." (Fox News)
    Conyers is set to discuss his political future and the allegations against him on a Detroit radio show at 10:15 a.m. His attorney, Arnold Reed, said the 88-year-old congressman’s health will be a deciding factor. Conyers was hospitalized last week over a stress related illness.
    I have just concluded my talks with #congressman Conyers. We will make an announcement tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. on the Mildred Gaddis show #102.7 FM
    — Arnold E. Reed (@ArnoldReedEsq) December 4, 2017
    According to a New York Times report, the congressman plans to retire, not resign.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...cuser-n2418292

Another Conyers Accuser Comes Forward, Says Congressman Groped Her in Church

Leah Barkoukis
    Posted: Dec 05, 2017 8:00 AM

Another woman has come forward accusing Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) of inappropriate sexual behavior hours before the longest serving member of Congress is set to make an announcement about his political future.

Elisa Grubbs said that the congressman put his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while sitting in the front row of a church.

“Rep. Conyers slid his hand up my skirt and rubbed my thighs while I was sitting next to him in the front row of a church," she said in an affidavit published late Monday by her attorney Lisa Bloom. "I was startled and sprang to my feet and exclaimed, 'He just ran his hand up my thigh!' Other staffers witnessed the event."

Grubbs worked for Conyers for more than a decade. She is also the cousin of Marion Brown who also accused the congressman of sexual misconduct, reaching a confidential settlement with the politician over the allegations.
    As well as touching inappropriately in a church, Grubbs claims she witnessed Conyers touching and stroking the legs and buttocks of her cousin and other female staffers on “multiple occasions,” adding that such harassment “was a regular part of life while working in the office of Rep. Conyers."

In another instance of sexual harassment, Conyers allegedly came out of the bathroom naked knowing Grubbs was in his home.

The Democrat’s attorney dismissed Grubbs’ accusations, telling the Detroit Free Press that they are “another instance of tomfoolery from the mouth of Harvey Weinstein's attorney." (Fox News)
    Conyers is set to discuss his political future and the allegations against him on a Detroit radio show at 10:15 a.m. His attorney, Arnold Reed, said the 88-year-old congressman’s health will be a deciding factor. Conyers was hospitalized last week over a stress related illness.
    I have just concluded my talks with #congressman Conyers. We will make an announcement tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. on the Mildred Gaddis show #102.7 FM
    — Arnold E. Reed (@ArnoldReedEsq) December 4, 2017
    According to a New York Times report, the congressman plans to retire, not resign.
    Good GRIEF, what is wrong with this old goat....Talk about a dirty old man, you can find conyers picture next to the definition in the dictionary...

Good riddance, but sounds like the son of a gun wants to create a royal dynasty and abdicate and let his son become the next king.

Hope that fails.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

The democrats are going to have a problem with the CBC (congressional black caucus). It'll be interesting to watch the internal power fight. How many token whites will have to resign to keep the peace?

There is nothing at all different about him,
    in regards to his POS FUSA African race.

He is nothing more, than a POS FUSA African "N" word".

Do you know, how difficult it is for Nowski version 2.1,
    not to use the dreaded "N word" to describe this
    worthless basterd?

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.
    Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

One down, so many more to go!
    Do as thou will, lest ye harm none

@FatTurkeyFarm on twitter

I think he was 'in office' so he could abuse women.

With all this groping when did he have time to actually do his job?

Truly worrisome that these kinds of men end up 'retiring' when they should have been VOTED out of office!

And I bet quite a few male politicians acting 'horrified' by this behavior are doing the same thing or worse. For some reason it just doesn't sink in that this behavior is WRONG...they just keep on doing it then when they get caught - they are sorry (that they got caught). They act like it's their right to do these things. So which pot is going to call the kettle black??

(Edited to add: I'd like to see him kicked out with no benefits or pension - see Sacajawea's comment below - I agree! - but so many of them are doing this, they don't dare dish out to one of their own what could be their future punishment!)
    Last edited by Chance; 12-05-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    "Apres la Guerre."

I don't want him to retire and collect the benefits and pension. He should've been forced to resign.

Sometimes the West Coast, sometimes the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politi...est/index.html

it should be on this link. fair use applies and all of that.

Conyers: "I am retiring today"
    Rep. John Conyers announced that is he retiring today and he is putting together the plans for that.

"I am retiring today. And I want everyone to know how much I appreciate the support that...incredible, undiminished support I've received across the years of my supporters, not only in my district but across the country as well," Conyers said.

He is endorsing his son, John Conyers III, to replace him in Congress. It is not clear specifically what his plans are. The interview on the Mildred Gaddis radio show is still ongoing
    Let's hope the son is a chip off the old block (or should I say a chip off the chocolate?) and he has his ass handed to him too. If he resigns as opposed to retires, is there a difference in his pension?
    Politicians can't give us anything without depriving us of something else. Government is not a god. Every dime they spend must first be taken from someone else. -- unknown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I heard that he would just not seek re-election.
    I stand corrected. He IS gone for good.

Good thing he does not get to pick his replacement, he can endorse whoever he wants, but his state government gets to do this.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

More to fall, too!
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    Now if only we could get the rest of the libtard geriatric division of congress to follow suit.....NOW THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY WINNING!!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, as the old saying goes! Sure hope his son doesn't get the seat.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I stand corrected. He IS gone for good.
    I think initially he was planning on finishing his term, but new developments seem to have accelerated his planned departure.

He is endorsing his son, John Conyers III, to replace him in Congress.

And those voters are probably stupid enough to put him in too. The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree usually. What is it about these political family dynasty's? I could give a rats rectum about the Kennedy's, Bush's, Clinton's et al. I'm one who is all for term limits. Two terms and done for both the House and Senate would work for me. Would help that swamp to be self draining. That and a law passed that would prohibit a former Representative or Senator from functioning as a lobbyist or representative of a foreign government.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Sometimes the West Coast, sometimes the South.
    About the son, Conyers III:

Fair use cited:
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/05/jo...-player-video/

John Conyers’ Son And Appointed Successor: ‘My N***as’ Deal Drugs, ‘Dad Is A F***ing Player’ [VIDEO]
    Photo of Peter Hasson
    PETER HASSON
    Associate Editor
    4:52 PM 12/05/2017

John Conyers III., the son and appointed successor of John Conyers’ Jr., the disgraced Democratic politician who announced his resignation on Tuesday, is a former attempted rapper who bragged that his friends are drug dealers and his dad “is a f***ing player.”

The son’s brief rap career included lyrical gems such as “My n***as turn grams into grands” and “Ay f**k making a living bro, I’m trying to make history/So picture me letting the news nit-pick at me.”

The aspiring artist also rapped about some of the challenges he’s had to live through, such as when his mother, former Detroit councilwoman Monica Conyers, was sentenced to three years in jail for taking bribes, or when Conyers Jr. had to repay the U.S. Treasury for Conyers III’s misuse of a taxpayer-funded Cadillac Escalade.

Most of Conyers III’s brief rap career appears to have taken place between 2012 and 2013.

Conyers III raised eyebrows in 2010 when he described his father, who is now accused of being a sexual predator, as a “f***ing player” on Twitter.

“My dad is a f***ing player and reckless as hell! He just got at this doods wife super low-key,” the congressman’s son tweeted.

Conyers Jr. is expected to be replaced either by his son, Conyers III., or by great-nephew, state Sen. Ian Conyers, who announced he will run for the open seat.

Conyers Jr. was under intense pressure to resign following the flood of sexual harassment allegations against him.

Sworn affidavits signed by four of his former staffers describe Conyers Jr. as a serial sexual harasser who preyed on his female staffers and demanded sexual favors from them. He also allegedly abused taxpayer resources to pursue sexual relationships with women.

Conyers paid off one former staffer with more than $27,000 in taxpayer funds in exchange for her silence, after she accused him of sexually harassing and then firing her for rebuffing his sexual advances. He has denied all wrongdoing.

Over the weekend, a coalition of Michigan Democrats, local religious leaders and activists held a rally in support of Conyers Jr., whom California Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier has described as a “predator.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, after initially defending Conyers Jr. as an “icon,” followed other Democrats’ lead in calling on the 88-year-old congressman to step down last week.
    Politicians can't give us anything without depriving us of something else. Government is not a god. Every dime they spend must first be taken from someone else. -- unknown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

Yeah retire with a nice pension when his ass ought to be facing charges! None of the people ever have to pay for their indiscretions. Makes me sick!
    Sherry in GA

"If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again." -- Wayne Dyer

It seems that there may have been some laws violated during his time in office. His victims should check into filing formal complaints to the authorities.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

I have to admit I am enjoying the Conyer's saga. Here he says he will not run again in 2018. And then he says he is "stepping down" from his leadership position on the House committee, but he won't resign. Then he goes to the hospital because he is light headed, which matches since if some of the stories are to be believed Conyers is also light fingered. And now he says, while he won't resign, he is retiring.

Gang, I am retired. And retired means you don't work any more because you are, well retired. So, Conyers can't retire unless he resigns, and if he won't resign then he hasn't retired.

I mean who needs drugs these days. I just watch these Marxist, corrupt liberal Icons, wiggle more than a Red Wiggler worm I used to put on my fish hook.

Oh, the whole Conyer's thing, watching him squirm around, watching Pelosi have mental breakdowns every time she talks about it, and especially watching the House waffle more than a Belgian Waffle, well, for me it is an early Christmas present.

Yep, whatever Trump does to annoy me, and that can be a lot on somedays, I have to say he is outing all the squirmy things in DC.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Good thing he does not get to pick his replacement, he can endorse whoever he wants, but his state government gets to do this.
    Do you remember where he is from?Seems unlikely that he would not have a great deal of influence with TPTB there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I think he was 'in office' so he could abuse women.

With all this groping when did he have time to actually do his job?

Truly worrisome that these kinds of men end up 'retiring' when they should have been VOTED out of office!

And I bet quite a few male politicians acting 'horrified' by this behavior are doing the same thing or worse. For some reason it just doesn't sink in that this behavior is WRONG...they just keep on doing it then when they get caught - they are sorry (that they got caught). They act like it's their right to do these things. So which pot is going to call the kettle black??

(Edited to add: I'd like to see him kicked out with no benefits or pension - see Sacajawea's comment below - I agree! - but so many of them are doing this, they don't dare dish out to one of their own what could be their future punishment!)
    They are "retiring" and being allowed to "retire" by others in con-gress in order for him to retain his cushy pension and cadillac medical care at taxpayer expense.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
    The democrats are going to have a problem with the CBC (congressional black caucus). It'll be interesting to watch the internal power fight. How many token whites will have to resign to keep the peace?

Black lawmakers resentful after Conyers resignation

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus see white politicians being treated differently after facing sexual misconduct allegations.

By JOHN BRESNAHAN 12/05/2017 06:23 PM EST | Updated 12/05/2017 11:22 PM EST

CBC members won't say the treatment of Rep. John Conyers was racist necessarily, but they think white politicians accused of similar misconduct get a "benefit of the doubt."

The stunning fall of Democratic Rep. John Conyers — who resigned Tuesday amid a growing sexual-harassment scandal — has left confusion, anger, resentment and bewilderment inside the ranks of the Congressional Black Caucus, a group that Conyers helped found nearly four decades ago.

Many CBC members see a double standard at play. They won't say the treatment of Conyers is racist, necessarily — and all express strong support for his alleged victims — but they think white politicians accused of similar misconduct like Blake Farenthold, Al Franken, Roy Moore and Donald Trump get a "benefit of the doubt" that black politicians don't enjoy.

Some members believe House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other party leaders moved too quickly in calling on Conyers to resign and should have let the process play out more, although they understand the pressure she was facing. And still another faction thinks Conyers' declining health and mental acuity after more than 52 years in Congress led to the debacle, despite evidence that Conyers allegedly had been harassing female staffers for years.

There is also significant anger within the CBC, aimed at one of their own: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas). Conyers was going to announce his retirement from Congress last Friday. Then Monica Conyers, the congressman's wife, and Jackson Lee got involved and stopped it from happening, said several Democratic lawmakers and aides. That decision dragged out the controversy for five days, although the delay ultimately allowed Conyers to endorse his son, John Conyers III, for his seat. Ian Conyers, the congressman's grand-nephew and a Michigan state senator, also may run, setting off an intrafamily battle.

"Certainly it seems as if there is indeed a double standard," said Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), who was involved in Conyers' retirement negotiations last week before Jackson Lee and Monica Conyers derailed them. "When it happens to one of us, we're guilty until proven innocent. They're just finally starting to talk about Blake Farenthold, who is a member sitting here who paid out $84,000."

A former Farenthold aide, Lauren Greene, received that settlement payment after filing a lawsuit against the Texas Republican claiming gender discrimination and a hostile workplace, with sexual harassment a key part of that claim.

“Do I think he was treated like everyone? No, he wasn’t. I think it was an easy call for people to talk about him,” added Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-La.), CBC chairman. “You didn’t see Speaker Ryan calling for the resignation of Blake Farenthold, who settled a case. Conyers denies it; Franken admits it.” Franken, a Democratic senator from Minnesota, has been accused of inappropriately touching or attempting to forcibly kiss six women. Franken is now under ethics investigation but has refused to resign.

"It's a horrible situation, and if the allegations are true, then retirement or resignation was appropriate," Richmond added. "The problem for me was I had the congressman vehemently denying it, and I have very credible-sounding victims.”

"When the deal goes down, John isn't well. He was beginning to suffer memory loss, and physically, he isn't well," said Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fla.), who faced an ethics investigation and lawsuit over sexual harassment five years ago, both of which were later dismissed. "But sure, there are members of the Congressional Black Caucus who feel John was done in. I respect that, but I don't have that feeling."

Conyers allegedly harassed several former aides, including an ex-staffer who received a $27,000 settlement using taxpayer funds. After initially seeming to downplay the allegations against him, Pelosi quickly changed course, and by Thursday, she was calling for Conyers to resign. Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.), the highest-ranking black lawmaker in Congress, also called on Conyers to resign, a huge blow to the Michigan Democrat. But Conyers — who had been hospitalized for “stress-related” symptoms — refused to leave office initially, and there were signs he intended to try to fight off an Ethics Committee investigation.

“Congressman Conyers has served in the Congress for more than five decades, and shaped some of the most consequential legislation of the last half century,” Pelosi said in a statement. “But no matter how great the legacy, it is no license to harass or discriminate.”

“This was as much about Pelosi’s own politics as it was about Conyers,” said a CBC member, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “I think she was forced into it, and I think it was very unfortunate.” Pelosi has come under fire for not taking a harder line against Conyers from the start, especially amid a broader push across the country to crack down on sexual harassment and assault.

Yet Richmond, for his part, doesn’t blame Pelosi. “I don’t think she was unfair to him,” Richmond said. “Part of it was unfortunately he got sick and went in the hospital and couldn’t defend himself. But only he knows and the victims know what happened. Looking at the amount of victims … it was troubling, and there was no way around it.”

Behind the scenes, there was an attempt to end this controversy last week, yet it fell apart under pressure from Monica Conyers and Jackson Lee.
    Conyers announces retirement and taps son as successor

According to lawmakers and aides, Fudge had brokered an arrangement that would save some face for Conyers while removing a big problem for Democrats. After some delicate negotiations, Fudge was going to read a letter on the House floor last Friday announcing Conyers would retire at the end of December.

By calling it “retirement” and not "resignation," the move would give Conyers a “last shred of dignity,” said one source familiar with the discussions. Conyers would have time to clean out his Capitol Hill and Detroit offices. In return, Conyers would avoid an investigation by the House Ethics Committee that could lead to censure or expulsion.

Then Jackson Lee and Monica Conyers weighed in against the deal, and it was taken off the table, dragging out the scandal, said the sources.

“People are furious with her,” one CBC member said of Jackson Lee. “Absolutely furious.”
    When asked about her interactions with Monica Conyers, Jackson Lee said she “cannot comment on anything involving Mr. Conyers. I am not Mr. Conyers.”
    Jackson Lee added: “I have not spoken with Mr. Conyers. I have nothing to do with his decision.”

Jackson Lee would not discuss any conversation with Monica Conyers, who has emerged as a key player in the saga.

Monica Conyers was seen by CBC members and Democratic aides as the driving force behind Conyers' refusal to resign. Some lawmakers even speculate that Monica Conyers was trying to position herself or one of her sons to run for the seat, which is what eventually happened.

Monica Conyers berated reporters staking out the family home in Detroit last week. “Do you all go and stalk other people’s houses?’’ she asked reporters, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Do you go and stalk white people’s houses or just come to the black neighborhoods and stalk our houses?”

The couple met when Monica Conyers was an aide on his campaign in the late 1980s. They were married in 1990 and have two children. She was elected to the Detroit City Council in 2005.

In 2009, Monica Conyers pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery in connection with a Detroit sludge-hauling scandal. As a member of the City Council two years earlier, she cast the deciding vote in favor of awarding a $1.2 billion contract to Synagro Technologies. She ended up serving 27 months in federal prison in West Virginia.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-caucus-281044