Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Wildfire in Ventura California....Evacuations. Does Any one Have Any News?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gee, that "Right Voice Now" person should have been keeping up with the news better yesterday.

Those trainers saved hundreds of horses and did their very best to try to get the horses out; some were even injured (burned) trying to save them. (I posted about some of it all yesterday)
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one 6' college bound "little bit"

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post

Right Voice Now‏ @rightvoicenow
    31m31 minutes ago

WHY DID THEY LEAVE THESE HORSES TILL THE LAST MINUTE?
    I BET THEY GOT THEIR FAMILIES OUT
    INCOMPETENCE!!
    Approximately 25 race horses were killed when a #wildfire engulfed about eight barns at a training center in northeast #SanDiego
    http://abcn.ws/2y8AhdT
    Horses first your kids and families second...morons I tell you...
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

Save the horses, not your kids, that way your moron genetics won't be passed on.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post
    Gee, that "Right Voice Now" person should have been keeping up with the news better yesterday.

Those trainers saved hundreds of horses and did their very best to try to get the horses out; some were even injured (burned) trying to save them. (I posted about some of it all yesterday)
    Yes, that was a scene from hell. Read that one trainer tried desperately to get a mare out of her burning stall, but she refused to leave, and literally burned to death in front of him. <shudder>

I can't be the only horseperson on here who absolutely felt sick at those beautiful, valuable, *pampered* animals suddenly turned loose for very likely the first time since they were foals panicking and just galloping back and forth, obviously not knowing where safety lay.

Many animals who escaped the fire unscathed (although for the incredible athletes they are, the smoke they inhaled may have permanently destroyed some promising careers) will end up injured, possibly crippled, and sadly, dead, from their uncontrolled running on pavement and amongst so many barely-seen obstacles in the smoke.

Just an awful tragedy.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Yes, that was a scene from hell. Read that one trainerbtried desperately to get a mare out if her burning stall, but she refused to leave, and literally burned to death in front of him. <shudder>

I can't be the only horseperson on here who absolutely felt sick at those beautiful, valuable, *pampered* animals suddenly turned loose for very likely the first time since they were goals panicking and just galloping back and forth, obviously not kn8wing where safety lay.

Many animals who escaped the fire unscathed (although for the incredible athletes they are, the smoke they inhaled may have permanently destroyed some promising careers) will end up injured, possibly crippled, and sadly, dead, from their uncontrolled running on pavement and amongst so many barele-seen obstacles in the smoke.

Just an awful tragedy.

Summerthyme
    Frau Baron was an Equestrian, those videos were tough to watch.

Especially after her own horse was burned to death in a Mafia dispute in the Chicago suburbs back in the day.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can't watch it, but I was screaming at the video the previous day when even the reporters at another ranch started grabbing horses and I was, in fact, screaming "open the stalls and open the gates!"

The reason was because fire was already leaping onto the ranch, there were burning hay bails in the background, with smoke and walls of flame just at the edge of the camera; when that happens (like the flood that sent a mountainside onto our neighbor's ranch when I was a kid) all you CAN do is open the stalls and fences; someone very brave and very skilled can try to herd some of the horses on horseback themselves (our neighbors herded 30 horses and put them temporarily in our fenced yard for two days).

But sometimes, it isn't safe for a person to lead them out and not all of them will follow anyway; a few will stay (like the mare that burned to death) a portion (even of trail riding horses which I think these were) will break legs, fall off mountainsides, run the wrong way into the fire, be hit by cars etc but MOST will usually make it out.

Collecting them over the new several weeks is a huge job, but most professional horses are microchipped and anyone in the area with a yard is likely to take in a wandering horse if it is safe to do so and put in their yard, garage whatever until the emergency is over.

While many of the racehorses will have their careers ended by lung damage; at least the mares and stallions can be bred to produce offspring if the mare's lungs are not too damaged.

Most racehorses are too high strung to make good pets, but I'm pretty sure the rescue groups will be out in force to help with rehoming the survivors even those that have little or no value as racehorses (damaged geldings, horses too traumatized to run etc).

Finally, for the idiot that posted that tweet, these things can happen very fast; our neighbors drove in just as the mountain started sliding; they risked their lives to throw open the stalls and were very luck that no horses or people were injured or killed; they said five minutes later and they would have come home to nothing and silence.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Terrible.

As for the mare who wouldn't go, I believe the procedure is to throw a coat, bag, or whatever you have over her head so she can't see. Then the panic subsides and the horse will follow.

Those fires are so fast, they boggle the mind. You think they are miles away then, bam, it's too late.

Very, very sorry for the broken lives of the horses and broken hearts of their owners.

I know the cause of these fires has not been determined, or at least released. However, if there is arson involved, in addition to all the other charges, the perp needs to have a bunch of animal cruelty charges added on. In addition to the wildlife that died, how many herd animals such as the horses, cows, llamas, etc may have perished? How many house pets were unfortunately home alone because the owner could not get home or when they were being evacuated, panicked and made a run for it never to be seen again.

I remember the Gatlinburg fire. It moved so fast that people who were out could not get home in time to save their pets who were home alone. I don't know what will happen to these two punks that started the fire as far as murder or manslaughter charges, but I would like to see a charge added for every household pet that perished and then some sort of wildlife destruction charge.

ETA: Out of curiousity I went and looked up what charges had been filed on those punks. All charges dropped because they could not be sure they started it. Hmmm . . .
    Last edited by EYW; 12-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

In addition to natural brush and winds, has anyone considered that maybe a lot of California has radiation fallout. Wouldn't fire spread faster with materials soaked in different radioactive materials? The Japanese Fukushima disaster, the nuclear plant in southern California that had to be closed because of leaks, and the neighboring desert storage problems. That stuff has to factor in on the negative side. Wonder if someone has already mentioned it.

Also, I have heard experts say that the aluminum particles the chemtrails have been spraying, over the years, has made the dry vegetation, including trees, much more flammable. The govt. has been spraying the aluminum in the chemtrails, but won't admit it, according to sources I have listened to.

As some have said you can't begin to imagine how fast the fire moves with a good wind behind it. It also jumps and leaps way ahead of its self. One lady trying to open stalls and get horses out has burns over 50% of her body. She is in an indused coma in the hospital.
    Guns, Grub, and God!

Quote Originally Posted by Michiana MaJo View Post
    Also, I have heard experts say that the aluminum particles the chemtrails have been spraying, over the years, has made the dry vegetation, including trees, much more flammable. The govt. has been spraying the aluminum in the chemtrails, but won't admit it, according to sources I have listened to.
    I will be accused of woo but this spraying in S. Cals desert is directly responsible for misdirecting
    the rain so it doesn't reach us and killing our beautiful berry patch and strawberries. Everytime there is a rain cloud they are up there spraying. They been going crazy today screwing up the sky. 6 years now with no rain in my area. Surely Trump knows what is going on, why doesn't he stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by ncmissouri View Post
    In addition to natural brush and winds, has anyone considered that maybe a lot of California has radiation fallout. Wouldn't fire spread faster with materials soaked in different radioactive materials? The Japanese Fukushima disaster, the nuclear plant in southern California that had to be closed because of leaks, and the neighboring desert storage problems. That stuff has to factor in on the negative side. Wonder if someone has already mentioned it.
    Wouldn't my nuke alert go off if this was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrwyn View Post
    Surely Trump knows what is going on, why doesn't he stop them?
    Your ASSUMPTION that POTUS knows what happens wherever in the gov is touchingly naive.

Yes if the rain were carrying radioactive dust your NUKEALERT would be letting you know. UNMISTAKABLY!!!
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

I don't know anything about the alerts. If there is a sudden change in background, it would go off. But what if it's building up and what is the threshold? It's a factor in the speed of the fire or how hot the fire gets. Maybe. I did some googling and didn't find anything. So maybe it's a moot question. Maybe it's one of those things no one wants to mention.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-continue.html

Idiot governor Jerry Brown says climate change is responsible and we have to expect winter fires as the new normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk-maid View Post

Idiot governor Jerry Brown says climate change is responsible and we have to expect winter fires as the new normal.
    Joy Behar also said it was caused by climate change. So when two great minds like these agree on something, you know it must be true. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Michiana MaJo View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    Ah well look at the shiny dog n pony show. - Dosadi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

The reason you saw nothing involving radioactive fallout in the wildfires is pretty simple.... There IS NO relationship between radioactivity and the wildfires. Please TRY to develop a scientific background with reg to nuclear realities.

Even a nuke scare monger like Dr Caldicot doesn't go THERE.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    The reason you saw nothing involving radioactive fallout in the wildfires is pretty simple.... There IS NO relationship between radioactivity and the wildfires. Please TRY to develop a scientific background with reg to nuclear realities.

"Hot"particles in the nuclear sense aren't "hot" to the touch, or remotely flammable. ANY effect on the size, the speed or the spread if these fires from some putative radioactive contamination is beyond impossible.

It might be wiser to look at the very common Santa Ana winds which have been known to increase fires and spread them ever since pre-historic man lived there. Those winds are hot and dry... dessicating any vegetation which retains a vestige of moisture, and spreading sparks for miles. They reached speeds in excess of 80 mph this week.

Summerthyme

Vector-Vector-Vector
    Don’t kid yourself some bearded @$$#•|e’$ could easily be running around with laboratory type
    ‘cr@p’ and
    aren’t considering lighting up
    Their version of SHTF.

Of course, they’d have to run into a local SEE IN IN affiliate to set the fear in motion, because no LEO group would light that panic fuse.

Background has been normal in my daily 15 mile radius, despite the residual light smell of burnt material from points N-NW.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

http://forestpolicyresearch.com/2009...clear-fallout/

Your firewood ash is radioactive & wildfire is nuclear fallout

mushroom_cloud.preview.jpg

While cleaning ashes from his fireplace two years ago, Stewart A. Farber mused that if trees filter and store airborne pollutants, they might also harbor fallout from the nuclear weapons tests of the 1950s and 1060s. On a whim, he brought some of his fireplace ash to Yankee Atomic Electric Co.’s environmental lab in Bolton, Mass., where he manages environmental monitoring. Farber says he was amazed to discover that his sample showed the distinctive cesium and strontium “signatures” of nuclear fallout – and that the concentration of radioactivity “was easily 100 times greater than anything [our lab] had ever seen in an environmental sample.”

Please value the writer & producer of these words: Science News – August 10, 1991

Since then, he has obtained wood-ash radioactivity assays from 16 other scientists across the nation. These 47 data sets, representing trees in 14 states, suggest that fallout in wood ash “is a major source of radioactivity released into the environment,” Farber says. With the exception of some very low California readings, all measurements of ash with fallout-cesium exceeded – some by 100 times or more – the levels of radioactive cesium that may be released from nuclear plants (about 100 picocuries per kilogram of sludge).

Ash-cesium levels were especially high in the Northeast – probably because naturally high levels of nonradioactive cesium in the soil discourage trees from releasing fallout-derived cesium through their roots, he says. Industrial wood burning in the United States generates an estimated 900,000 tons of ash each year; residential and utility wood burning generates another 543,000 tons.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Firewood ash at Nihonmatsu homes found to contain high levels of radioactive cesium
    Jan. 21, 2012 06:40 am JST 25 Comments
    TOKYO

High levels of radioactive cesium have been detected in ash from firewood used in stoves and fireplaces at homes in Nihonmatsu in Fukushima Prefecture, according to the Environment Ministry.

Although the Forestry Agency has already advised that firewood containing 40 becquerels or more of radioactive cesium per kilogram should not be sold or burned, firewood ash containing over 1,000 times that amount has been found in the garden of one home, TV Asahi reported.

The Environment Ministry collected the ash for inspection and found it contained 43,780 becquerels per kilogram, far exceeding the 8,000-becquerel limit for household waste. The ministry said firewood containing such high levels of radiation should be disposed of safely by the central government.

The firewood in question had been kept outdoors since before the start of the nuclear crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in March last year, the environment ministry said. Firewood left outdoors in other locations was also found to contain between 104 and 4,395 becquerels of radioactive cesium per kilogram, TV Asahi reported.

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...oactive-cesium
    But not likely to die free

Quote Originally Posted by Milk-maid View Post

Is California Brown using the same cue cards as that Muslim mayor of London

"....Accept terror attacks as the new norm .... "

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    Is California Brown using the same cue cards as that Muslim mayor of London

"....Accept terror attacks as the new norm .... "
    Yea, that's how I read it too.

KEYT NewsChannel 3‏Verified account @KEYTNC3
    4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING Mandatory Evacuations have been issued for Montecito, east of Buena Vista Drive, north of Hwy 192 to the county line. EVACUATE NOW! Voluntary evacs warning from east of San Ysidro to the County line and south of Hwy 192 to the ocean. #ThomasFire http://bit.ly/2imW9fZ

ABC7 Eyewitness News‏Verified account @ABC7
    13m13 minutes ago

#BREAKING Evacuations issued for Montecito, Carpinteria as Thomas Fire moves into Santa Barbara County

http://abc7.la/2AQySh3
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

The weather channel this morning said they were expecting 50mph winds in that area today. This is a horror story.

KABC Live with the helicopter over the fire. The pilot just said, the the front of the burn is 40-50 miles wide.

All i can say to the smoke in this stream is wow...

http://abc7.com/live/23340/

Live streaming coverage of the California wildfires.

Check your time stamps. Some coverage is recorded pending live coverage by the local stations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGhy9IQ8Lw
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas321 View Post
    KABC Live with the helicopter over the fire. The pilot just said, the the front of the burn is 40-50 miles wide.

All i can say to the smoke in this stream is wow...

http://abc7.com/live/23340/
    Wow is right.

Check out that carbon footprint!
    Attached Images

Satellite pics showed the smoke plume going way out in the Pacific.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Sad.

Dave Toussaint‏ @engineco16
    2m2 minutes ago

#ThomasFire #Breaking Explosive Fire Growth continues.

Evacuation Warning issued South of 192 to the ocean, East of San Ysidro Rd, West of Sheffield Dr.

Fire is backing down the hills into Carpinteria and Montecito towards structures.

Curtis‏ @stevenacurtis
    8m8 minutes ago

📌 Santa Barbara firefighters struggle to contain massive blaze with no rain in sight - USA TODAY http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...medium=twitter … via @GoogleNews ✔️#BREAKING #News #Today
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Any news hounds see one single peep about how the fires got started? Or what happened to Camp Pendleton?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...flares-up.html

By Associated Press and Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
    Published: 12:12 EST, 10 December 2017 | Updated: 19:29 EST, 10 December 2017

I can't post much of the article, because of all the many pictures.....maybe someone would like to post it in its entirety, but it tells how the fires are spreading with Santa Barbara now under threat from wildfire as massive inferno spreads over 200,000 acres and thousands flee what has become California's fifth largest fire ever. MMJ

The massive Thomas Fire has spread to 173,000 acres and could be the among worst in California's history
    Western edge of fire spread towards Santa Barbara Saturday night and is encroaching on nearby Carpinteria

The voluntary evacuation zone now extends within just two miles from the Santa Barbara Zoo

A flare-up on the western edge of Southern California's largest and most destructive wildfire sent residents fleeing Sunday, as wind-fanned flames churned through canyons and down hillsides toward coastal towns.

The so-called Thomas Fire is only 15 percent contained, now threatening the city of Santa Barbara and the nearby coastal town of Carpinteria, and is on track to become one of the worst wildfires in California history.

It has already destroyed 583 structures and scorched 173,000 acres, the authorities say. New evacuations were ordered in Carpinteria, which been under fire threat for days.

The new evacuation zone extends within two miles of the Santa Barbara Zoo.

Zoo Director Nancy McToldridge said in a statement that there was 'no immediate danger' from the fire and that the zoo was closed with all animals inside to shelter from smoke.

'We drill for and are prepared for emergencies,' she said, adding that an evacuation plan for the animals was in place if needed.

Meanwhile, crews with help from water-dropping aircraft saved several homes as unpredictable gusts sent the blaze churning deeper into foothill areas northwest of Los Angeles that haven't burned in decades.

Santa Barbara County firefighters work on structure protection early Sunday morning, keeping a close eye on nearby flames atop Shepard Mesa Road in Carpinteria, California. The area has been evacuated by law enforcement

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/10...flares-up.html

Southern California's Thomas fire grows in size despite efforts

Southern California's most destructive wildfire exploded in size on Sunday and forced thousands of more residents to flee their homes.

The so-called Thomas fire had burned about 230,000 acres by Sunday evening, making it the fifth largest wildfire in modern California history, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Authorities say fire containment dropped from 15 percent to 10 percent.

Overall, the fires have destroyed about 800 homes and other buildings, killed dozens of horses and forced more than 200,000 people to flee since Dec. 4.

The Thomas fire grew by more than 50,000 acres on Sunday, The Times added, forcing another 5,000 evacuations.

“Some places the smoke is going straight up in the air, and others it’s blowing sideways. Depends on what canyon we’re in,” Mike Eliason, the Santa Barbara County fire spokesman, said. “The winds are kind of squirrely right now.”

Ellen DeGeneres

@TheEllenShow
    Our house is under threat of being burned. We just had to evacuate our pets. I’m praying for everyone in our community and thankful to all the incredible firefighters. The live stream is on http://KEYT.com

11:48 AM - Dec 10, 2017
    4,271 4,271 Replies 3,950 3,950 Retweets 40,197 40,197 likes

Thousands of homes and businesses in the county were without power.

Officials handed out masks to residents who stayed behind in Montecito, the wealthy hillside enclave that’s home to celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, Jeff Bridges and Rob Lowe.

“Our house is under threat of being burned,” Ellen DeGeneres tweeted at midday Sunday. “We just had to evacuate our pets. I’m praying for everyone in our community and thankful to all the incredible firefighters.”
    A few miles to the west, Santa Barbara Zoo was closed to the public. Workers there gave shelter to the zoo's 500 animals.

Firefighters made significant progress Saturday on other fronts of the enormous fire that started Dec. 4 in neighboring Ventura County. As containment increased on other major blazes in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties, resources from those fires were diverted to the Santa Barbara foothills.

Forecasters said Santa Ana winds that whipped fires across the region last week would continue in some areas at least through Monday.

A lack of rain has officials on edge statewide because of parched conditions and no end in sight to the typical fire season.

“This is the new normal,” Gov. Jerry Brown warned Saturday after surveying damage from the deadly Ventura fire. “We’re about ready to have firefighting at Christmas. This is very odd and unusual.”

Overall, the fires have destroyed about 800 homes and other buildings, killed dozens of horses and forced more than 200,000 people to flee flames that have burned over 270 square miles since Dec. 4. One death, so far, a 70-year-old woman who crashed her car on an evacuation route, is attributed to the fire in Santa Paula, a small city where the fire began.

The Ventura County blaze also continued to burn into rugged mountains in the Los Padres National Forest near the little town of Ojai and toward a preserve established for endangered California condors.

This should be nation wide headline news but isn't. These fires are really bad.

Dang. The smoke from the fires almost looks like a volcano errupting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    This should be nation wide headline news but isn't. These fires are really bad.
    Not enough fatalities for the national news.

Grim but true.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Sad.

Dave Toussaint‏ @engineco16
    2m2 minutes ago

#ThomasFire #Breaking Explosive Fire Growth continues.

Evacuation Warning issued South of 192 to the ocean, East of San Ysidro Rd, West of Sheffield Dr.

Fire is backing down the hills into Carpinteria and Montecito towards structures.

Curtis‏ @stevenacurtis
    8m8 minutes ago

�� Santa Barbara firefighters struggle to contain massive blaze with no rain in sight - USA TODAY http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...medium=twitter … via @GoogleNews ✔️#BREAKING #News #Today
    Oprah, Ellen Degenerate, and a few other celebrities have to evacuate from the Montecito fire. Heard it on KFI this morning. No news on how the fires started. Fires do not start on their own. I live in Northern California and it's quite windy here. Winds are out of the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Oprah, Ellen Degenerate, and a few other celebrities have to evacuate from the Montecito fire. Heard it on KFI this morning. No news on how the fires started. Fires do not start on their own. I live in Northern California and it's quite windy here. Winds are out of the north.
    I think this is the reason there is very little actual news about the fires. Every single article trots out Brown's climate change crap.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Something else to think about is all the power infrastructure that is being damaged in these fires and then start stacking up the infrastructure damage from other disasters this year makes me wonder how much strategic reserves do we have to support on-going damage to our power infrastructure?