Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD California’s War on Guns Broadens to a War on Ammunition Beginning January 1, 2018
+ Reply to Thread

4 California’s War on Guns Broadens to a War on Ammunition Beginning January 1, 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...anuary-1-2018/

California’s War on Guns Broadens to a War on Ammunition Beginning January 1, 2018

by AWR Hawkins13 Dec 20171799

California’s war on guns will soon broaden to a war on ammunition as a ban on the possession of bullets purchased out-of-state takes effect January 1, 2018.

This is one of many steps going into effect which will quickly place ammunition under controls similar to those which Democrat lawmakers have placed on firearms.

According to the Sacramento Bee, it will also be illegal “to transfer or buy ammo” from anyone other than a licensed dealer within the state, beginning January 1.

California residents can order ammunition from a catalog as long as they have that ammunition shipped to a licensed dealer for pickup. The dealer will then add a “processing fee” to the cost of the ammunition.

In this scenario, a “processing fee” is just another tax that law-abiding citizens will pay for the bullets they buy.

Then, in 2019, all ammunition purchasers will be required to undergo a background check like those currently required for firearm sales. That background check will require the law-abiding citizen to “pay a $1 state fee” for the check. That “fee” is yet another tax.

This is how gun control or, in this case, ammunition control, works.

First. they limit the supply by passing a law that it is only legal to possess ammunition purchased in California.
    Then they pass a law narrowing options even further, so that it is only legal to purchase in-state ammunition from a licensed dealer.
    Then they apply a tax but call it a “processing fee.”
    And in 2019 they will apply another tax of $1 to help cover the cost of a point of sale background check for law-abiding ammunition purchasers.

Once such fees are in place it is quite easy for state bureaucrats to increase them to cover unforeseen costs.

In the end, this will make ammunition cost-prohibitive for poorer families who may live in situations where they need a gun and ammunition worse than anyone.

It should be clear from California’s gun control history that these laws on ammunition are only the beginning.
    After all, California implemented background checks for firearms then followed that with gun registration requirements and gun confiscation laws.
    They even put in a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases and required would-be gun buyers to acquire a certificate from the state proving eligibility to buy a gun.
    The certificate is only good for five years and requires a fee at renewal.
    That fee is another tax.

Ammunition laws will follow the same pattern if Californians keep electing the same people to office.
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Worked so well for alcohol during prohibition times, Cal state lawmakers can FOAD

The State of California, is just getting their state in line,
    with the laws of Mexico.

At some point, its only a matter of time, not if,
    The State of California will become a part of Mexico.

Therefore, laws such as this one, make perfect sense.

Good and decent peoples, need to get out of California.
    There is no fixing the state, its gone.

The State of Jefferson, may become a reality,
    as a part of the treaty, that will give California,
    back to Mexico.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.
    Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Next is the 500 round (or less) limit on amount of ammo allowed to be kept. If you violate this and your house burns down your homeowners insurance is no good. Then you will have to turn in 100 fired pieces of brass to buy 100 more new rounds. With this much control they can divide the cost of treating "Firearms injuries" by the number of bullets sold and add on a surcharge so the bullets pay their fair share toward the cost of treating the injured.

Above just speculation by me based on the current stupidity of those in charge there.

Living there and putting up with their crap is a matter of priorities. Get out of the damned place and live free or put up with it. I don't have any sympathy for those that stay. And yes, I can say this because we bailed out of that shit hole over 30 years ago and moved to Texas. THANK GOD!!!!
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

So not only do they have a general all out restriction of the right now they tax it.

Note; I did not even mention the word gun or firearm, but calling it an infringement on the right and now wanting to tax accessories to the arms/weapons you have a constitutionally protected right to. How to make an argument of a Constitutional Right Violation.
    When was the last time state legislators made a law requiring criminals to register or turn in their illegally owned weapons? How does one enforce such laws or expect it to even have any effect on crime?
    They have made laws making you a crimnal for just having weapon and or accessories for them thats on their banned list of arms/weapons.
    Last edited by Publius; 12-13-2017 at 09:49 PM.

7. If Hillary had been elected this phenomenon would likely spread across the country. Better to be positioned now for what is to come!!

One thing sure, it will be exceedingly hard to take away what we already have in stock!
    Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for.
    Keep on looking, and you will find.
    Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. [Matt 7:7]

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    One thing sure, it will be exceedingly hard to take away what we already have in stock!
    Or not if they try to come and get them.
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

That kind of silliness just makes reloading even more attractive. Drive to Arizona to pick up your supplies, and pay in cash of course.

This idea has been floating around for some time. At that time, we did not have the arsenal in the hands of the people we have now. I doubt this will go very far.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

I agree with finding ways around silliness, but keep some of the following in mind.

Other states will want to use this as an example. If they will fudge numbers and photos about global warming/cooling/defrosting/pressure cooking and whatever else, well you get the point.

I thought it was a joke but apparently you can find articles where some college professors offer extra credit if kids go across the border to other states and watch for cali license plates in parking lots of stuff like gunshows or whatever.

Newbs will consider it not worth getting into firearms. Some will see it as reasonable. Those not yet born yet will not realize it use to be possible to order a case of ammo to your doorstep just like you used to be able to buy a machine gun or a silencer without all the junk they have in place now.
    working on unplugging.

Quote Originally Posted by biere View Post
    I agree with finding ways around silliness, but keep some of the following in mind.

Other states will want to use this as an example. If they will fudge numbers and photos about global warming/cooling/defrosting/pressure cooking and whatever else, well you get the point.

I thought it was a joke but apparently you can find articles where some college professors offer extra credit if kids go across the border to other states and watch for cali license plates in parking lots of stuff like gunshows or whatever.

Newbs will consider it not worth getting into firearms. Some will see it as reasonable. Those not yet born yet will not realize it use to be possible to order a case of ammo to your doorstep just like you used to be able to buy a machine gun or a silencer without all the junk they have in place now.

The trick here is to make an example of the state of what not to do.

If you want to know what the Progressives will do to the US given more opportunities, just look at CA, NY, IL, Connecticut, WA and the rest of the "Blue States".

How long before Governor Moonbeam is gone. I understand he is dying from cancer and is also term limited out.

You all do realize that "they" hate us and have now, three separate times, legally sanctioned either our murder or physical attack.

The black B#%% that videotaped the kidnap and beating of the white kid got probation and community service.

The illegal who murdered the woman in San Francisco got off with a gun possession charge and time served. Up here in Portland the PPD, under direct orders from Oakland's former official, and Mayor Wheeler, stood down while Anfita thugs beat Patriot Prayer group members.

The only thing "they" fear is armed rebellion, which is why they are going after the guns. Unfortunately for them, they mistimed it. Given the amount of ammo sold over Obama's reign, at a rate of ONE BILLION ROUNDS PER MONTH FOR 8 YEARS, CALIFORNIA IS SIMPLY TOO LATE.

Assuming ammo lasts for 7 years, which is a very, very conservative estimate, it will be another decade or two before we run out of ammo.

These laws are also going to go to the Supreme Court which is inclined to hold them unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has not problem with assault rifle bans, but they have ruled several times, besides Heller, that abusing lawful gun owners with petty restrictions is illegal.

California is now burning to the ground. Liberal fantasies like this stuff are increasingly meaningless as the middle class flees the state.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

I assume that this line of thought would permit Michigan to pass a law that all cars would need to be bought in-state and produced in-state. How about my state banning any purchase from China. Buh bye wally world. Stupid laws need pushed to the limit of stupidity. I was in CA for a stay about 20 years ago. I can't fathom the paradigm shift in dumbnation. Damnation soon to follow.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

I sent my little brother -stationed at Travis AFB near Sacramento - 200 rounds of 30/06 a couple years ago. He had just bought a new rifle and couldn't afford the nearly $30 to $45 for a box of 20 rounds they wanted locally. I have a couple thousand stashed and he's welcome to all he can carry home if/when he visits. I can't imagine what it's going for now days.
    Why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison?
    III

How many fiction stories start with the invasion of a disarmed California?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Elza View Post
    Living there and putting up with their crap is a matter of priorities. Get out of the damned place and live free or put up with it. I don't have any sympathy for those that stay. And yes, I can say this because we bailed out of that shit hole over 30 years ago and moved to Texas. THANK GOD!!!!
    AMEN!! those who tolerate it don't get to bitch and moan about it
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    How long before Governor Moonbeam is gone. I understand he is dying from cancer and is also term limited out.

You all do realize that "they" hate us and have now, three separate times, legally sanctioned either our murder or physical attack.

The black B#%% that videotaped the kidnap and beating of the white kid got probation and community service.

The illegal who murdered the woman in San Francisco got off with a gun possession charge and time served. Up here in Portland the PPD, under direct orders from Oakland's former official, and Mayor Wheeler, stood down while Anfita thugs beat Patriot Prayer group members.

The only thing "they" fear is armed rebellion, which is why they are going after the guns. Unfortunately for them, they mistimed it. Given the amount of ammo sold over Obama's reign, at a rate of ONE BILLION ROUNDS PER MONTH FOR 8 YEARS, CALIFORNIA IS SIMPLY TOO LATE.

Assuming ammo lasts for 7 years, which is a very, very conservative estimate, it will be another decade or two before we run out of ammo.

These laws are also going to go to the Supreme Court which is inclined to hold them unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has not problem with assault rifle bans, but they have ruled several times, besides Heller, that abusing lawful gun owners with petty restrictions is illegal.

California is now burning to the ground. Liberal fantasies like this stuff are increasingly meaningless as the middle class flees the state.
    I still have some 8mm ammo that my Grandfather bought before I was born, and I am over 50. It runs 100%. I shot up a bunch of .22 LR that my father had left over from when he attended the University of Florida. He graduated in 1965, the ammo still ran 100%. My business partner still has cases of misc obsolete ammo from the 1950's and it all runs perfect also.

Waiting for ammo to get to old to be used will take a couple of generations, especially for military grade stuff in ammo cans.