Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC LaVar Ball says he's withdrawing suspended son from UCLA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LaVar Ball says he's withdrawing suspended son from UCLA

LaVar Ball says he's withdrawing suspended son from UCLA

The father of UCLA guard LiAngelo Ball says he plans to withdraw his son from school because of concerns related to the freshman’s indefinite suspension for his participation in a shoplifting incident during the Bruins’ trip to China last month.

The younger Ball, along with freshmen Jalen Hill and Cody Riley, have been barred from all team activities as part of their suspension for shoplifting from three high-end stores last month when UCLA opened its season overseas.

Ball, Hill and Riley publicly apologized while reading prepared statements at a campus news conference on Nov. 15.

President calls father of freed UCLA player 'a poor man's Don King' on Twitter.
    LaVar Ball told the Los Angeles Times and ESPN on Monday that he’s going to explore other options for LiAngelo because “I’m not going to let him sit back and not practice.”

The elder Ball says he hasn’t spoken to the school about withdrawing his son. “I’m taking him and I’m gone,” he told the Times.

Asked if LiAngelo agreed with the decision, the elder Ball told the Times, “My boy is loyal to me. I tried to let UCLA deal with the process and he should have been playing the next week.”

“We learned today of LiAngelo Ball’s intention to withdraw from UCLA,” Coach Steve Alford said in a statement. “We respect the decision he and his family have made, and we wish him all the best in the future.”

Alford said last week that he and his staff were communicating with the players via text messages and calls, mostly to see if they are attending classes. The players are allowed to use athletic facilities, including the weight room, but aren’t working directly with the coaching staff, he said.

Alford indicated last week that he expected the fate of the three suspended players to be resolved in the near term.

LiAngelo is the middle child of Ball’s three sons. Oldest son Lonzo is a rookie with the Lakers after playing one successful season at UCLA.

War of words between Trump and father of UCLA basketball player heats up; Burgess Owens gives his take on 'The Story.'

The elder Ball pulled his youngest son, LaMelo, out of Chino Hills High recently in favor of home schooling him.

LiAngelo Ball never played a regular-season game for the Bruins (7-1), who fell out of the Top 25 last week.

LaVar Ball and President Donald Trump have engaged in a public war of words since the three players returned from China. Ball minimized Trump’s involvement in winning the players’ release and Trump tweeted in response that he should have left the players in China in jail. Ball rebuffed Trump’s demands for credit, saying it was Chinese President Xi Jinping who freed his son.

Fox News previously reported that Trump escalated his Twitter war with the Ball patriarch, calling him “a poor man’s Don King” and an “ungrateful fool.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/1...from-ucla.html

McDonalds is hiring
    Some do - but most don't do criminal Background checks

Lesson #1 for thugs and thieves -> You Can't go far nowadays without a college diploma

And if he doesn't haul the "kid" out behind the woodshed and make him build a shack out there to stay until he learns his lesson, he suques as a father.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Who?

Much like the Kardashian clan, the world would be better off if this family dropped off the earth...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    And if he doesn't haul the "kid" out behind the woodshed and make him build a shack out there to stay until he learns his lesson, he suques as a father.
    He recently pulled his youngest son out of school to homeschool him to be "the best basketball player ever"...

"Dad" is a complete ass who is making money off of his sons because he was a total failure.
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Who?

The UCLA Full Sports ( basketball) Scholarship boys went on a free world tour only to get arrested for thieving in China
    One ball dribbled dad has been in news up in Trumps face ever since the arrests
    Rather than act like a real father and arrange an unforgettable beat down on his own kid this father has justified his kid thriving as a thug thief

I hope that he can't even find an online school that will let him play. IMO, the Dad inflicted child abuse upon him the way he handled this. Great ability and opportunity wasted.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    He recently pulled his youngest son out of school to homeschool him to be "the best basketball player ever"...

"Dad" is a complete ass who is making money off of his sons because he was a total failure.
    This. He cost his oldest son millions in endorsements because of his insistence that his company have a take as well.

There is nothing surprising about any of this.............its to be expected the way the majority of this race act in a first world modern society.

They suffer from never having a plan B in life (impulsive / no future time reference) and craping in their own beds by making excuses and playing the victim leading to poor life style choices and when in mass as......looters, rioting, burning down businesses and their own neighborhoods.

The debate is always whether this is culture or race...............but the evidence world wide tells me culture is a byproduct of race......and we see the result of it here on a personal level.

Actually this is an improvement for most Blacks...........no matter how irresponsible this father is (which is to be expected) the fact this basketball player can actually identify a biological father is an improvement over most of these athlete/thugs........

Pity the dad doesn't seem to know who Steve Alford is. I watched him play for Bobby Knight. He was a good kid, playing clean ball. Dedicated. Made something of himself playing for a hard coach. The kid could learn a lot from Steve, so could the dad.

A

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden

The UCLA basketball program is built on the shoulders of John Wooden, a man of substantial character and astute wisdom.

LaVar Ball has neither.

UCLA is better off without the Ball family, and they made a good decision to "educate" the son about how actions have consequences because it's obvious his father has no clue.
    Last edited by mt4design; 12-05-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: formatting

Ah, the “No basket Ball” family...

Dad is pulling the "kid" out? The kid is almost certainly 18. You'd think he was a five year old getting bullied in day-care.

Of course, from the point of view of this demographic, these misfortunes are ALWAYS someone else's fault: UCLA and Trump colluded to ruin his son's life.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    The UCLA Full Sports ( basketball) Scholarship boys went on a free world tour only to get arrested for thieving in China
    One ball dribbled dad has been in news up in Trumps face ever since the arrests
    Rather than act like a real father and arrange an unforgettable beat down on his own kid this father has justified his kid thriving as a thug thief
    Clearly some obscure college kid who plays basketball. Must have just forgot who he was already. Not somebody particularly useful like president Trump.

Asked if LiAngelo agreed with the decision, the elder Ball told the Times, “My boy is loyal to me. I tried to let UCLA deal with the process and he should have been playing the next week.”
    ^^ This part in bold says it all for me. This Dad believes his son should not have been suspended. This is the reason the son was stealing in the first place, because he had a father like this who probably never made him pay any consequences for bad behavior.

Faroe, unless the “kid” is a black genius (any oxymoron if there ever was one), he’s 18-19 years old. Not “almost certainly 18.”

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Was there ever any doubt?
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Faroe, unless the “kid” is a black genius (any oxymoron if there ever was one), he’s 18-19 years old. Not “almost certainly 18.”
    He could be older, if he was held back to play ball.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Just more SNS...

(stupid n----- s---)
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I haven't heard a peep from the other two kids parents over this. Just this Ball idiot running off at the mouth, the typical "my baby dinn' do nuffin" speech. Another black racist who's kid got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and is now tying to play the victim.

"In the ass on your way out, let the door hit you do not." -- Yoda

The father speaks of his sons as though they are possessions and punishment for his son's crime is a personal affront to him.

just more proof that the father's black ego is the overriding factor here - just couldn't allow the kid's apology for his actions and a "thank you" to Prez Trump flow on thru ....

now he's back looking for more limelite - VERY surprised he's not blaming Prez Trump for the suspension also - his BLM ego just overrides the mouth ....
    Illini Warrior

I'm glad the father pulled him.

Make room for a more deserving human.

Actions do have consequences. Son has met his - and Dad is helping him double down on them.

It will be interesting to see the five year outcome on this.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    My interest is in seeing if any other school will be stupid enough to sign the criminal, ghetto thug.

As for dad, ignore him maybe he will go away.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    I hope one is stupid enough to sign this THIEF! Not to mention he is a national embarrassment.

Play stupid games....win stupid prizes.....
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Unless the younger 2 boys are phenoms, having Dad around is going to be a disaster for their careers. I imagine schools and pro teams aren't going to want to deal with the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I haven't heard a peep from the other two kids parents over this. Just this Ball idiot running off at the mouth, the typical "my baby dinn' do nuffin" speech. Another black racist who's kid got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and is now tying to play the victim.
    Sort of but I'd lay even odds, like Sharpton and Jackson he is smart enough to know as long as he can keep his name and his sons name on the Internet and news they won't be forgotten-any news is good news so-to-speak.

People stop posting about him and he eventually goes away because unlike the Kardashians he aint got nice tits to look at.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Both the kid and dad are idiots. A temporary sports suspension isn't the end of the world, but throwing away a free, scholarship-supported education could well be. Even if he's the typical, academically meritless jock who gets pushed through the system with little real intellectual achievement, having the diploma would've made his post-graduation and post-sports life easier. His China debacle - other than being a world-class personal embarrassment - wouldn't have any legal consequences on his life. He wasn't convicted of anything and even if he had been, it's unlikely that a criminal conviction in a foreign, communist country would have any legal impact on his life in the US.

Best regards
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    Both the kid and dad are idiots. A temporary sports suspension isn't the end of the world, but throwing away a free, scholarship-supported education could well be. Even if he's the typical, academically meritless jock who gets pushed through the system with little real intellectual achievement, having the diploma would've made his post-graduation and post-sports life easier. His China debacle - other than being a world-class personal embarrassment - wouldn't have any legal consequences on his life. He wasn't convicted of anything and even if he had been, it's unlikely that a criminal conviction in a foreign, communist country would have any legal impact on his life in the US.

Best regards
    Doc
    Don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to hire someone who'd only been saved from breaking rocks in a Chinese prison by the grace of God and Donald Trump. Even with the Affirmative Action gun held to my head, I'd still be spinning up the weasel words as fast as I had to to make even the village idiot a "better fit for the company" than that one.

Trump shoulda left his theiving son in jail in China!!! I am sure the chinese can change his spots!!

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to hire someone who'd only been saved from breaking rocks in a Chinese prison by the grace of God and Donald Trump. Even with the Affirmative Action gun held to my head, I'd still be spinning up the weasel words as fast as I had to to make even the village idiot a "better fit for the company" than that one.

No doubt my friend, but the China episode won't/can't have any effect on his job prospects with various government agencies or diversity-sensitive corporations. I'm not even remotely defending the guy, but am only suggesting that dropping out of the school is a bad move for him.

Best regards
    Doc

My money is now that the scholarship and grant money has dried up they cannot afford to send sonny boy to UCLA anymore.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Best regards
    Doc
    They don't get an education. Lamar Odum went to URI and almost failed out because he didn't go to class. The school picked him up from his apt and dropped him off in front of the building he needed to go into. It was a computer class where all he had to do was sit and play games. He didn't show up because he didn't think he had to go because someone didn't actually walk him to class. These guys are treated like gods by the schools. They are given tutors, computers, special tests etc. I look at all that money and resources and think what a waste. Would rather see it go to some poor kid who is beating the odds and want the educational opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by mecoastie View Post
    They don't get an education. Lamar Odum went to URI and almost failed out because he didn't go to class. The school picked him up from his apt and dropped him off in front of the building he needed to go into. It was a computer class where all he had to do was sit and play games. He didn't show up because he didn't think he had to go because someone didn't actually walk him to class. These guys are treated like gods by the schools. They are given tutors, computers, special tests etc. I look at all that money and resources and think what a waste. Would rather see it go to some poor kid who is beating the odds and want the educational opportunity.
    They also get a special cafeteria, here anyway, where they eat steak, seafood, and all of the comfort foods they desire. So if it's fresh pizza from Domino's that's what they feed them. Mind you this is just for the football and male basketball players.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

No doubt my friend, but the China episode won't/can't have any effect on his job prospects with various government agencies or diversity-sensitive corporations. I'm not even remotely defending the guy, but am only suggesting that dropping out of the school is a bad move for him.

Best regards
    Doc
    Oh, oh! Governments and diversities. Yes, of course he'll find gainful employment there for as long as there's cash coming in. Did not even consider that part.

The update. From the jackass mouth...

Dad has a new house. Must be hard to make a mortgage payment ALONG WITH tuition.

See "brand new Chino Hills home" at https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...usaolp00001361

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

The kid needs to grow a pair and say "No" dad, I'm staying in school and taking my punishment. It would do him a world of good. What does he expect to do now? Jump straight to the pros? I don't think so. His older brother isn't exactly setting the league on fire. If he thinks he can waltz into any other college program as a thief and with the baggage of his family he has another thing coming. It doesn't look like old man Ball thought this out too well, but I guess that is to be expected.

Another THINK coming (heh)....

BTW, I’ve heard that expression all my life, and it’s as meaningless now as it was the first time I heard it.