Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Feds issue 4,000 orders to seize guns from people who failed background checks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    So what you're saying is that any good FFL holder should plan to RETIRE 20 years before he plans to EXPIRE so he can throw the 4473s in the FIRE? Right?
    Exactly

Having been a licensed gunsmith for many years, when I retired from that business I did have to send in both all the forms and my "bound book".

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    So what you're saying is that any good FFL holder should plan to RETIRE 20 years before he plans to EXPIRE so he can throw the 4473s in the FIRE? Right?
    Here in NEOhio, when an FFL retires, a very squared away, VERY PROFESSIONAL young lady comes in and reviews his or her forms and takes control of them.

FFL I knew described her as one of the most professional Feds he had ever met, but he had had a working relationship with her...
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Sandune View Post
    Firearms are not registered, but there is a record of who bought what.
    In some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Well, I’m sure you have nothing to worry about because A) you own no guns, and B) chances are you’d provide, um, “personal favors” to the JBTs, cuz as a liberal, armed gooberment stooges make you and the rest of your deranged kind moist...
    Wrong. I do own guns.

I will politely ignore the rest of your comment.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandune View Post
    Firearms are not registered, but there is a record of who bought what.
    There is a record of the first retail sale for guns bought since 1968.

Before then you could order them from a catalog and have them shipped to your home, or buy them in most and large department store with no records.

Since the average life expectancy of a firearm is around 400 years, it's safe to say there are lots of guns out there that can't be traced to any individual.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Having been a licensed gunsmith for many years, when I retired from that business I did have to send in both all the forms and my "bound book".
    Wait. you were a GUNSMITH, a person who worked on guns. Right? And you had to send paperwork to -- WHO? And why?
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    Wait. you were a GUNSMITH, a person who worked on guns. Right? And you had to send paperwork to -- WHO? And why?
    Gunsmiths usually have FFL licenses since guns are often left with them or shipped to them.

The same record keeping rules that cover retail dealers cover them as well, but they don't have to perform background checks if the person who picks up the gun is the same person who left it.

They can also ship guns directly to people who sent them in for repairs

Any records turned in when going out of business go to the BATF, just like all other firearms records.

There are several different occupations involving firearms where some sort of a Federal license is required. There are different types of FFL's that cover them.

You can look it all up on the BATF website

And we just stand around with our thumbs up our butts, waiting for them to "cross that line in the sand".
    They have crossed and re-crossed that line time after time. Hell, they have done donuts across that line.
    And we still stand here waiting for a go signal.....
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Roughly 3 yrs ago, DOJ came to my house at night, with door breaching device ready, and took my handguns (didn't know about rifles for some reason - they are all screwed up?).

I owned several and tried to buy another at Bass Pro and somehow triggered a deeper search of my record. Turns out I had a felony about 25 years prior.

I gave up the guns, hired a lawyer to expunge felony and got my guns back.

Not sure but I think the Sandy Hook shooting caused this deeper search.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    And we just stand around with our thumbs up our butts, waiting for them to "cross that line in the sand".
    They have crossed and re-crossed that line time after time. Hell, they have done donuts across that line.
    And we still stand here waiting for a go signal.....
    GO!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic View Post
    Roughly 3 yrs ago, DOJ came to my house at night, with door breaching device ready, and took my handguns (didn't know about rifles for some reason - they are all screwed up?).

I owned several and tried to buy another at Bass Pro and somehow triggered a deeper search of my record. Turns out I had a felony about 25 years prior.

I gave up the guns, hired a lawyer to expunge felony and got my guns back.

Not sure but I think the Sandy Hook shooting caused this deeper search.
    Being in CA is what caused it.
    That wouldn't have happened in most states.

Read an account this morning and of course, this story is absolute HYPE and FAKE news.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/usa-tod...eval-requests/

USA Today Misleads on FBI Gun Retrieval Requests

< than 50%

BY: Stephen Gutowski
    December 5, 2017 9:35 am

In a story that USA Today described as an "exclusive" piece of "breaking news," the publication misled readers about the timing of FBI gun retrieval requests.

Despite the breaking news and exclusive designations, the information revealed in the report was taken from a seven-month-old public document and does not indicate any new action from the FBI. Instead, the 2016 National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Operations Report, which the USA Today story is based on, indicates that over the course of the entire year the agency sent 4,170 requests to the ATF for firearms to be retrieved from those who failed a background check but only after the three-day delay period had expired. The same report summarizing the background check system's functioning has been released near the beginning of the following year since the system was implemented in 1998 when the FBI sent 3,849 firearms retrieval requests to the ATF.