Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FASCISM Officer Safety!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Officer Safety!

8 Officer Safety!

https://newsstand.google.com/article..._p4GMNBYML-5Ag

Cops Mistook Colonoscopy Bag for Gun, Tased and 'Maliciously' Charged Man, Lawsuit Alleges

A lawsuit accuses police in Euclid, Ohio, of mistaking a colonoscopy bag for a gun, pulling the bag's owner out of his car, tasing him, and then maliciously charging him with obstructing official business, resisting arrest, and criminal trespass.

It took seven months before the charges against Lamar Wright were dropped, but don't expect anyone to be punished for what he endured. Even if Wright prevails in his suit—via a jury or, more likely, through a settlement—the prosecutors who abetted the cops by dragging the charges out for more than half a year are highly unlikely to be held accountable themselves.

Wright says he pulled his rental car into a driveway to use his cell phone "safely" when two armed men approached him. After he realized they were plainclothes cops, he says he put his phone on his dashboard, and then one of the officers grabbed him by the arm through the window. The cop yelled at Wright to show his hands, then pulled him out of the car and tased him just as Wright was trying to explain his colonoscopy bag.

"I told you I got a bag on," Wright yelled at the cop. "What's a bag?" "A shit bag, man!"

The interaction was caught on body camera:

In his lawsuit, Wright claims he was not released from custody after posting bond, instead remaining in detention. He says he was taken to the county jail and searched with a full-body x-ray scanner and not released until four to five hours after posting bond. He also alleges the cops laughed at him being in pain.

"I filed this case to stand up against police brutality, and to stand with other victims of senseless attacks by officers from the Euclid Police Department. These officers' illegal treatment of people in the city must stop," Wright said in a statement. "We need justice for all the victims of the EPD."

The Cleveland Scene notes two other recent police incidents in Euclid. One is the fatal police shooting of Luke Stewart, in which no charges were brought. (The family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.) The other is a violent traffic arrest that did in fact lead to the firing of a police officer—an outcome that could lead to some hope here that, at the very least, some incompetent cops might be removed from their jobs.

Scene also provides a kicker: The department announced last week that it had won a AAA Platinum Award for community traffic safety.
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Um, it’s a cholostomy bag. A colonoscopy is an exam where the shove a camera up your butt looking for colon cancer. There are no bags associated with that procedure, although the prep for it is akin to death, or at least makes one long for death.

I thought it was "Colostomy" bag.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Um, it’s a cholostomy bag. A colonoscopy is an exam where the shove a camera up your butt looking for colon cancer. There are no bags associated with that procedure, although the prep for it is akin to death, or at least makes one long for death.
    *One bag is temporarily displaced for the procedure.

I have nothing further useful information for this thread.

My thoughts on OP are best left in head.
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

I would have let them have mine, the fuller the better. I carry backup. Or just pulled up my shirt to grab for it so they would light me up and I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Shit happens.

If the cops didn't find a gun why did they charge him with obstructing official business, resisting arrest, and criminal trespass? CYA?

C o l o s t o m y bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    There are no bags associated with that procedure,
    Depends who is working the Outpatient Procedures Clinic that day.

RR
    Real preparedness types know how to care for their own sick and injured.

http://austeremedforum.com/

Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction Contributing author and editor

"I told you I got a bag on," Wright yelled at the cop. "What's a bag?" "A shit bag, man!"
    What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    What we have here is a failure to communicate.
    For the cops, what we have here is a failure to think!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post
    If the cops didn't find a gun why did they charge him with obstructing official business, resisting arrest, and criminal trespass? CYA?
    Because they can...
    יְשׁוּעָה
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

"In the field of opportunity it's plowing time again."

(Lamar Wright's Attorney(s))

what we have here is a failure to think!

What we have here is a failure to man up.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

What I'm wondering is why "officer" safety trumps "my" safety?

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    What I'm wondering is why "officer" safety trumps "my" safety?
    They have badges, guns, and a tame judiciary on their side. How can your safety win?

16. Glad to see we are more concerned about grammar than a police state /sarc
    For we are the Three Percent.
    We will not disarm. You cannot convince us. You cannot intimidate us.
    You can try to kill us, if you think you can. But remember, we’ll shoot back.
    We are not going away. We are not backing up another inch.

We should always be PRIMARILY concerned about the ACCURATE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION, and make an ongoing attempt to minimize anything that gets in the way of that goal.

/nosarc

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    For the cops, what we have here is a failure to think!
    If the guy isn't smart enough to use the proper terms it's hard to blame them for thinking something else. He could have meant a "bag" full of drugs.

The problem I see with the headline (besides the "colonoscopy" bag error) is that the cops were reaching into the car to pull him out before they could have ever seen a bag and thought it was a gun. Did he scare them? or piss them off? That's what you can't do with cops. Ever.
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    The problem I see with the headline (besides the "colonoscopy" bag error) is that the cops were reaching into the car to pull him out before they could have ever seen a bag and thought it was a gun. Did he scare them? or piss them off? That's what you can't do with cops. Ever.
    That's because it's pretty obvious you're not getting the whole story.

He did something between laying his phone on the dash and them grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the car.