Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Prayer Request for Brother-in-law, who's having open Heart Surgery next Tuesday
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prayer Request for Brother-in-law, who's having open Heart Surgery next Tuesday

Hello Everyone,

Please pray for my Brother-in-law Wayne, who's having open heart surgery next Tuesday (Dec. 5, 2017). He had 5 bypasses 12 years ago. He's getting 4 bypasses this time around. He went into the hospital, last Tuesday.

Thank you for your prayers,
    Suzieq

You know Suzie, I really hate to say this, but it sounds like his heart is in really bad shape and has been for a very long time. How old is he? What’s his diet like?

Sending good thought# his way.

Praying.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Prayers for you all.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

Praying for him, and all of you.

Susan

Done. Keep us updated.

Prayers said.
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Prayers said, may he have a positive attitude going into surgery, should you be there before surgery, tell him jokes to keep his mind fun and positive. May his recovery be speedy and his medical care be superb.

If they think he can handle a quadruple bypass he should be able to handle it. The question I have is why only 12 years ago, he didn’t learn his lesson in eating healthy & exercise.

We have a friend who refuse to eat healthy for nutrition, he had a 3rd bypass, using cadaver vessels, his doctors expected him to live only 3 month at best, but with proper nutrition the smaller vessels will grow to form new passages for blood flow load when the cadaver vessels calapse. We had a serious talk with him about wanting to be around longer for his family and instructed him on Nutrition & exercise. Its 6+ years and he is alive and active
    God Bless Us & God Bless America!

Praying also...

Adding my prayers for your brother in law, and for your family.

HD

Praying......
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    You know Suzie, I really hate to say this, but it sounds like his heart is in really bad shape and has been for a very long time. How old is he? What’s his diet like?

Thank you for the good thoughts!

Wayne is around 60 years old. Doctor said his heart is strong and has good veins in legs to use for surgery. Not sure about what his diet is. He does have a stressful job. Doctor said the second time around for him is going to be more difficult than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Prayers said, may he have a positive attitude going into surgery, should you be there before surgery, tell him jokes to keep his mind fun and positive. May his recovery be speedy and his medical care be superb.

If they think he can handle a quadruple bypass he should be able to handle it. The question I have is why only 12 years ago, he didn’t learn his lesson in eating healthy & exercise.

We have a friend who refuse to eat healthy for nutrition, he had a 3rd bypass, using cadaver vessels, his doctors expected him to live only 3 month at best, but with proper nutrition the smaller vessels will grow to form new passages for blood flow load when the cadaver vessels calapse. We had a serious talk with him about wanting to be around longer for his family and instructed him on Nutrition & exercise. Its 6+ years and he is alive and active
    Thank you for your prayers.

I do know, Wayne wants to live. He has always been a hard worker, good father and husband to his family. He has five adult children and 7 grandchildren. His youngest daughter is still in college, getting her master's degree.

You are right about, how important it is, to take care of ourselves, get good nutrient and exercise. I will pass on what you said about your friend.

Prayers said.

Prayer headed up to the miracle worker.

Prayers for an uneventful surgery and a quick and complete recovery.

Southside

Hi Suzieq,

My friend's 90 year old dad had 4 bypasses - at 93 he had a valve replaced plus some other heart thing (another bypass, I think) She said the 2nd surgery was easier for him - I think they went up a leg artery.

He's almost 96 and doing well.

They are doing amazing surgeries these days.

I'll be praying for Wayne and his doctors and for a full recovery for him.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Prayers sent
    And Yet I Smile

Adding our prayers!

Prayers for Wayne, his family and the surgeon(s).

Adding prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Night Owl ... Wayne may be following his cardiologist's instructions re: diet, meds, etc to the letter. Unfortunately, as we've discussed on here many times, the "official" diets for heart issues and diabetes are dead wrong.

Also, Dennis, despite needing bypasses again, if he never actually had a heart attack, his heart muscle may not be in bad shape. Most bypasses eventually clog up again, often sooner than 12 years later. It can be lifesaving, but it hasn't been perfected yet, and some people (even those who eat "perfectly" and run marathons) just have genetically crappy cardiovascular systems.

Praying for a good outcome of the surgery and a full recovery!

Summerthyme

Prayers Sent
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

Just seeing this in time to add prayers for his surgery tomorrow!!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Adding mine.

Prayers said...

Praying
    Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hi Suzieq,

My friend's 90 year old dad had 4 bypasses - at 93 he had a valve replaced plus some other heart thing (another bypass, I think) She said the 2nd surgery was easier for him - I think they went up a leg artery.

He's almost 96 and doing well.

They are doing amazing surgeries these days.

I'll be praying for Wayne and his doctors and for a full recovery for him.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Night Owl ... Wayne may be following his cardiologist's instructions re: diet, meds, etc to the letter. Unfortunately, as we've discussed on here many times, the "official" diets for heart issues and diabetes are dead wrong.

Also, Dennis, despite needing bypasses again, if he never actually had a heart attack, his heart muscle may not be in bad shape. Most bypasses eventually clog up again, often sooner than 12 years later. It can be lifesaving, but it hasn't been perfected yet, and some people (even those who eat "perfectly" and run marathons) just have genetically crappy cardiovascular systems.

Praying for a good outcome of the surgery and a full recovery!

Summerthyme
    Thank you!

You are right, Wayne has not had a heart attack, just clogged veins. Surgery to bypass the clogged arteries 12 years ago, saved him from a heart attack back then.

I want to thank all of you, for praying for Wayne. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I will post an update, when I hear something.

Blessings to all of you,
    Suzieq

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

One can have a strong heart, eat healthy and exercise and still get clogged arteries. It's a common misconception that ALL clogged arteries are the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. My husband is a prime example. He's healthy as a horse, eats very well, and is very active, and yet he has had 3 heart attacks due to clogged arteries. He has a genetic condition called Lipoprotein A. Basically, his cholesterol is smaller than people without this mutation, and collects on the inside of his arteries easier.

Saying prayers for your BIL. May he pull through with no complications.
    "I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Prayers said for you and yours, Suzie!
    If white privilege exists, why did Senator Warren have to pretend to be an Indian?

Praying for your brother-in-law Wayne. My four way BP was four months ago today. The two keys to my recovery were to kick the pain drugs as fast as possible and to walk a lot. I was able to get up to a couple miles within a few weeks. I feel great today with the only pain is when I sneeze it still hurts some in the middle of my chest.
    It was..
    Sovereign will that appointed Him,
    Sovereign love that sent Him,
    Sovereign authority that assigned Him to his work.
    He is Coming!! Be Ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzieq View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Please pray for my Brother-in-law Wayne, who's having open heart surgery next Tuesday (Dec. 5, 2017). He had 5 bypasses 12 years ago. He's getting 4 bypasses this time around. He went into the hospital, last Tuesday.

Thank you for your prayers,
    Suzieq
    Prayers sent..

New Update!

Wayne came out of surgery mid-afternoon. Everywhere went well. He's in recovery, which could last from an hour to half a day.

Thanks for the update. Prayers continue for a speedy recovery.

Prayer needed! Wayne is having some bleeding problems. They had to give him blood and playlets tonight. Pray for bleeding to stop.

Updating my prayers after the added news!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

prayers proffered!
    If white privilege exists, why did Senator Warren have to pretend to be an Indian?

Adding my Prayers.
    Jeff
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.