Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Prince Alwaleed was hung upside down 'just to send a message'
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prince Alwaleed was hung upside down 'just to send a message'

EXCLUSIVE: 'American mercenaries are torturing' Saudi elite rounded up by new crown prince - and billionaire Prince Alwaleed was hung upside down 'just to send a message'

-Source in Saudi Arabia says American private security contractors are carrying out'interrogations' on princes and billionaires arrested in crackdown

-Detained members of Saudi elite have been hung by their feet and beaten by interrogates, source says

-Among those hung upside down are Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, an investor worth at least $7 billion who is being held at Riyadh's Ritz Carlton

-Arrests were ordered three weeks ago by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

-Source claims mercenaries are from 'Blackwater', a claim also made by Lebanese president

-But its successor firm denies it has any operations in Saudi Arabia whatsoever and says its staff abide by U.S. law

-Americans who commit torture abroad can be jailed for up to 20 years

Saudi princes and billionaire businessmen arrested in a power grab earlier this month are being strung up by their feet and beaten by American private security contractors, a source in the country tells DailyMail.com.

The group of the country's most powerful figures were arrested in a crackdown ordered by Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman three weeks ago as he ordered the detention of at least 11 fellow princes and hundreds of businessmen and government officials over claims of corruption.

Just last month, the Crown Prince vowed to restore 'moderate, open Islam' in the kingdom and relaxed a number of its ultra-conservative rules, including lifting a ban on women driving.

DailyMail.com can disclose that the arrests have been followed by 'interrogations' which a source said were being carried out by 'American mercenaries' brought in to work for the 32-year-old crown prince, who is now the kingdom's most powerful figure.

'They are beating them, torturing them, slapping them, insulting them. They want to break them down,' the source told DailyMail.com.

'Blackwater' has been named by DailyMail.com's source as the firm involved, and the claim of its presence in Saudi Arabia has also been made on Arabic social media, and by Lebanon's president.

The firm's successor, Academi, strongly denies even being in Saudi Arabia and says it does not engage in torture, which it is illegal for any U.S. citizen to commit anywhere in the world.

The Saudi crown prince, according to the source, has also confiscated more than $194 billion from the bank accounts and seized assets of those arrested.

The source said that in the febrile atmosphere in the kingdom, Prince Mohammed has bypassed the normal security forces in keeping the princes and other billionaires at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Riyadh.

'All the guards in charge are private security because MBS (Mohammed Bin Salman) doesn't want Saudi officers there who have been saluting those detainees all their lives,' said the source, who asked to remain anonymous.

Strongman: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, seen as he attended a glittering investment conference in the hotel now being used as a prison, ordered in the mercenaries, the source claimed, and takes part in interrogations personally

'Outside the hotels where they are being detained you see the armored vehicles of the Saudi special forces. But inside, it's a private security company.

'They've transferred all the guys from Abu Dhabi. Now they are in charge of everything,' said the source.

The source said that Salman, often referred to by his initials MBS, is conducting some of the interrogations himself.

'When it's something big he asks them questions,' the source said.

'He speaks to them very nicely in the interrogation, and then he leaves the room, and the mercenaries go in. The prisoners are slapped, insulted, hung up, tortured.'

The source says the crown prince is desperate to assert his authority through fear and wants to uncover an alleged network of foreign officials who have taken bribes from Saudi princes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...i-princes.html

Blackwater? Really? According to Wikipedia they haven't gone by that name since 2009.

I wonder how many times the phrase "You can't do this to me! I'm rich!" came up?

More fake news.
    Americans have nothing to teach either the Saudis or the Iranians about torture. Those cultures have several millennia
    of experience.
    Americans, and the British, can, however, teach a lot about interviews and interrogations to anyone who wants to learn.
    And we have developed cross cultural techniques.
    If parts of the report are true, no blood was spilled.
    Except for the one guy who resisted and was blown away.
    Perhaps the Saudis should hire some Democrat Congress persons, or New York Times executives or big shot Hollywood personas to slap the women around. They are the Americans with the clear and present talent for abuse.
    SS
    ďThen the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.Ē
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Rumor control has it that that the 'incarcerated' Saudi princelings etc. are being offered their freedom in return for a 70% share of their assets, most of which are 'ill gotten gains' accumulated through bribery and corruption.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

The above descriptions of the physical handling of the prisoners does not constitute torture, in my book - assuming the descriptions are accurate and truthful - however, it is VERY easy to cross the line from "roughing them up a bit" to actual torture. We have no way to know if ANY of this is true - could be an entirely false report planted by the "losing side" and their neocon handlers - or, could only describe the HALF OF IT, and much more physical abuse is actually occurring.

Another facet of war reality, down through history.

Man's repeatedly deceptive choices and the predictably painful responses by those who were on the receiving end of the deceptive choices.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

ó Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Rumor control has it that that the 'incarcerated' Saudi princelings etc. are being offered their freedom in return for a 70% share of their assets, most of which are 'ill gotten gains' accumulated through bribery and corruption.
    It is good that they are bargaining, like in the souk over a sack of dates.
    Not a bad deal. 30% of 7 billion is actusally pretty good for most people.
    SS
    ďThen the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.Ē
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    Blackwater? Really? According to Wikipedia they haven't gone by that name since 2009.
    An article I read referenced Academi sp.? formerly Blackwater. Seemed suspect to me...
    I would like to know what assets they may have in Abu Dhabi....
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Perhaps saying US mercenaries are doing this is a way to make the USA look bad & keep anti-USA sentiment alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    An article I read referenced Academi sp.? formerly Blackwater. Seemed suspect to me...
    I would like to know what assets they may have in Abu Dhabi....
    And between Blackwater and Academi they were known as Xe Services. They seem to be suffering from an identity crisis.

The source said that Salman, often referred to by his initials MBS, is conducting some of the interrogations himself.

'When it's something big he asks them questions,' the source said.

'He speaks to them very nicely in the interrogation, and then he leaves the room, and the mercenaries go in. The prisoners are slapped, insulted, hung up, tortured.'
    MBS should hire out of work Hillary to sit in a room with them and tell them about all the many reasons she lost the election. A couple of hours of that torture should have them all begging for mercy. I works on me in only a minute or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GenErik View Post
    Perhaps saying US mercenaries are doing this is a way to make the USA look bad & keep anti-USA sentiment alive.
    That was my first thought. That this is incendiary in that part of the world, if true.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

Quote Originally Posted by GenErik View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ They pull this crap from their bag 'o tricks quite often.

Well, they could say "the artist formerly known as Blackwater."
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Well, they could say "the artist formerly known as Blackwater."
    HA. I guess both siblings are involved in education of one form or another.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

I don't think we should have any part in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    I don't think we should have any part in this.
    Saudi Arabia's geographical, economic, and political importance all make it impossible for the U.S. to ignore what is going on there, at least before Peak Oil has goin far enough that no one not Muslim gives a rat's posterior what goes on there. I see that as >50 years out, barring some incredible, unlikely, breakthrough in energy technology.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Why would the Saudis need American mercenaries to assist in a domestic housecleaning which they are perfectly capable of addressing themselves?

I suspect fake news.

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

I am hung (I wish). He was hanged. Just a grammatical correction.

Deleted. Thought better of it.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

If any of this is true (which I doubt) maybe they can find out what was behind the LV shooting and let the rest of us know.

---Sarcasm off now---

Many of their (or all, who knows) bank accounts were frozen right when they were arrested, including some in other countries, so I sort of doubt the above is 100% factual; but what do I know?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Terrorist were possibly tortured. I'm OK with that. They should just be shot

Prince has at least one new Private Security effort out there, which last I heard, was doing a LOT of biz in the MidEast.

He's also supposed to have an air arm as well. (WHOLE LOTTA Tucano's)
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Shacknasty Shagrat View Post
    More fake news.
    Americans have nothing to teach either the Saudis or the Iranians about torture. Those cultures have several millennia
    of experience.
    Americans, and the British, can, however, teach a lot about interviews and interrogations to anyone who wants to learn.
    And we have developed cross cultural techniques.
    If parts of the report are true, no blood was spilled.
    Except for the one guy who resisted and was blown away.
    Perhaps the Saudis should hire some Democrat Congress persons, or New York Times executives or big shot Hollywood personas to slap the women around. They are the Americans with the clear and present talent for abuse.
    SS
    Pure poetry!

I'm not going to even read anymore responses. Brava
    Recently a friend told me I am delusional, I almost fell off my Unicorn!

This is crap I'm surprised it was posted by OTOH it is sensational garbage..........how can made upends become sensational garbage, just examine the fake news that has been prevalent for the past 30 years at least.............

Quote Originally Posted by Oilpatch Hand View Post
    Why would the Saudis need American mercenaries to assist in a domestic housecleaning which they are perfectly capable of addressing themselves?

I suspect fake news.
    Well, look at it this way, we're talking about a familial/tribal system with a lot of the security services having their positions via patronage. Having themselves "do it" opens up the potential for "issues" later on down the road, while "farming it out" to people outside of that system keeps down the potential for the security services having to have concerns about backlash later on down the road.

Recall the scene in "Lawrence of Arabia" where O'Toole's character had to shoot a guy to keep his troops together because it was made up of two tribal groups and the victim and murderer were one each from the two groups? Same stuff here if this is in fact the case...

i don't know if the Blackwater story is true or not. To me though, it is not that farfetched.

We have a young royal who at this point probably is hesitant to trust anyone. There are many competing factions. Why not bring in some foreigners to do your dirty work?

Also, given some of the wild conspiracy theories floating around right now, there might be more to the story than we are aware.

Having themselves "do it" opens up the potential for "issues" later on down the road, while "farming it out" to people outside of that system keeps down the potential for the security services having to have concerns about backlash later on down the road.

Precisely. The mindset is completely different over there. "Me against my brother, me and my brother against our cousin," etc in ever larger concentric circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    Many of their (or all, who knows) bank accounts were frozen right when they were arrested, including some in other countries, so I sort of doubt the above is 100% factual; but what do I know?
    AGH!!!

Completely true!

We went over this on the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Saudi Arabia was set to become bankrupt between 2018 and 2020.

IMF Study: Saudi Arabia Could be Bankrupt by 2020
    http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/.../menap1015.pdf

Saudi Arabia said to bring in new bankruptcy law in 2018
    http://www.arabianbusiness.com/polit...cy-law-in-2018

Saudi Arabia to implement bankruptcy law in early 2018
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1BX1AR

So... Are these "anti-corruption" arrests really what we are being told they are, or are they just a shakedown to buy the kingdom a little more time?

Arrested Saudi royals must cough up 70% of their wealth in exchange for freedom
    Riyadh seems to have found the way to curb the budget deficit caused by lower oil prices. As the Financial Times report, Saudi officials are offering the arrested royals a deal Ė pay up to 70 percent of your wealth and go free.

The Saudi government could appropriate hundreds of billions of dollars from the arrested to refill depleted state reserves, according to the media

https://www.rt.com/business/410153-s...-purge-salman/

Saudi authorities offer freedom deals to princes and businessmen
    Government said to be seeking to appropriate wealth to boost depleted state coffers
    https://www.ft.com/content/e888a676-...8-7a9fb7d6163e

Saudi Sheikdown: Arrested Royals Offered A Deal - Your Money For Your Freedom
    As we noted shortly after the Crown Princeís purge of potential rivals within Saudi Arabiaís sprawling ruling family, while the dozens of arrests were made under the pretext of an "anti-corruption crackdown", Mohammed bin Salmanís ulterior motive was something else entirely: Replenishing the Kingdomís depleted foreign reserves, which have been hammered for the past three years by low oil prices, with some estimating that the current purge could potentially bring in up to $800 billion in proceeds.

Furthermore, the geopolitical turmoil unleashed by the unprecedented crackdown helped push oil prices higher, creating an ancillary benefit for both the kingdomís rulers and the upcoming IPO of Aramco

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/saudi...180000676.html

Saudi Arabia imports almost everything they consume:

Add onto that a country that has no agricultural sustainability but consumes a majority of the region's food:

And, when to money runs out, you have a recipe for total war.

MbS is doing one thing and one thing only...

Trying to survive another day.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...a-Terror-group
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Thanks, Rag- I missed that thread... but TB2K isn't my only source....

Quote Originally Posted by dvo View Post
    I am hung (I wish). He was hanged. Just a grammatical correction.

bin Talal is the guy who owns the top 4 floors of the Mandalay Bay, and Blackwater has changed names several times since their inception, not that it means it may not be a true story but if they are that sloppy in reporting a name, then other 'facts' may also be in question.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post

bin Talal is the guy who owns the top 4 floors of the Mandalay Bay, and Blackwater has changed names several times since their inception, not that it means it may not be a true story but if they are that sloppy in reporting a name, then other 'facts' may also be in question.
    Maybe calling them Blackwater is more understandable to the public. Calling them by their new or newer name people won't understand they are the same hired/paid big bucks to do any job ask. Why people look at them as good guys is beyond me when they hire out to the highest bidder. What if the highest bidder was Soros obama or Clinton and the job was Trump?

Pretty much every US servicemember in uniform today can be said to have hired out to the highest bidder as well.

Rather than having you accept whole cloth the MEEEdia construct of Blackwater, I'd invite you to read Prince's book ... https://www.amazon.com/Civilian-Warr...1484559&sr=1-1

We have several other companies that work over there. Many of the contractors have worked for Xe, Blackwater, Triple Canopy, Dyncorp, AEGIS, AT Solutions, and several others. The contractors go where the money is. I have made products for a few of these companies and they have offered me several interesting positions, many teaching, some trigger pulling, but I cant see leaving the country to chase dollars. My current business partner worked for one if the firms I mentioned and vaporized nearly 5 dozen (separate) bombers who were trying to kill and maim US troops. They were assigned to the Australian military since the US does not do such things that were done, at least not directly....

They went to Xe when Prince turned loose of the reins of BW.

I would caution anyone who goes out and reads Jeremy Scahill's broad character assassination carp hit piece.

My contacts (and back 5-8 years I had access to a whole raft of current and former BW guys) all agreed that Scahill went in with shafting in mind, got UNPRECEDENTED access and used it to chop and slash.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post

Oh thanks Flippper, I just wet my pants laughing when I saw this post! Lol! V

From an earlier report a few days ago, I thought they were just giving him the Bastinado (beating the feet with canes), not hanging upside down and just a regular beating.

Maybe they gave him both? V

http://thesaker.is/the-mbs-blackwate...f-convenience/

The MBS – Blackwater marriage of convenience
    November 23, 2017
    22 Comments
    by Ghassan Kadi for the Saker blog

Mohamed Bin Salman’s (MBS) royal Saudi coup is still in the making and its stories of mystery and intrigue are unfolding.

Some recent articles written about this unprecedented Saudi development have focused on whether or not MBS was actually desirous of instigating reform within the kingdom of sand and capable of putting together the infrastructure that made such reform possible and how. Other more cynical articles have cast little doubt on his ability to create any change and classified him as yet another puppet of the legacy that his grandfather King Abdul Aziz, the founder of the Saudi dynasty, has forged with the West. In between the two extremes, many perhaps waited in anticipation to see what was to happen next in the now quick-changing kingdom that did not change at all in essence for nearly a hundred years.

To put recent developments into perspective, we must objectively look at MBS’s achievements and failures since his rise to prominence; with a special emphasis on the developments of the last few weeks.

MBS has failed to turn previous Saudi Government failed policy on Syria to his advantage by distancing his own legacy from it. If anything, the outcome of the Syrian opposition conference that was held in Riyadh was a farcical outcome of Saudi diplomacy. Not only did this conference coincide with the 20th of November 2017 Putin-Assad Sochi victory summit, but it is still “demanding” the removal of Syrian President Assad from power.
    The arrogant and seemingly naive Saudis seem to be still under the illusion that they are able to dictate terms of settlement of the “War on Syria” despite the fact that they have put all of their efforts into winning it but have lost decisively. However, the more painful fact for them is that they lost without a single bargaining chip remaining for them to capitalize on.

Whilst MBS can be “excused” for not being able to find a face-saving way out of Syria, he has failed abysmally in the war that he orchestrated in Yemen, and as this war drags on, the international community is beginning to wake up to the atrocities and genocide that the Saudi-led coalition is inflicting upon Yemen, and no one can be held more accountable for this military failure and crime against humanity than MBS himself.

MBS also failed to contain the loss he “inherited” from the failures of previous Saudi policies in Lebanon and Iraq. If anything, his determination to remain steadfast with these has turned regional Saudi policies into a total joke.

So where did MBS score any success, if any at all?

In my previous related articles and herein, I have mentioned and reiterate that MBS is increasingly gaining popularity within the ranks of young and educated Saudi men and women of all ages and in general amongst the grass-roots of the population. Hence, in this venture, he is scoring two birds with a single stone. In rounding up more popular support, he is confiscating and freezing badly-needed cash under the pretext of corruption.
    The estimates of the number of incarcerated Saudi princes and businessmen are not any less subject to a game of guess work than the funds involved in this kerfuffle. Ignoring how many men have been put under detention, the tally of funds confiscated and frozen is estimated at a minimum of USD 150 bn to a maximum of USD 800 bn.

Given that the total official Saudi savings reserve is in the tune of “only” USD 700 bn after decades of high financial times, even the low estimate of USD 150 bn is a huge sum by proportion and by any proportion of course. It is little surprise that MBS is trying to replenish into the coffers of the state such sums, and if he manages to do it, it would be to his credit.

Whilst on the subject of official Saudi savings, after many decades of huge petroleum exports and at elevated prices, the Saudi savings reserve figure should be in the vicinity of a few trillion dollars. But a huge proportion of Saudi petro-dollars has been squandered on royal funds, holidays yachts, prostitutes, drugs, bribes, theft, corruption at all levels, and on this account and this account only, MBS can be acknowledged for bringing corrupt individuals to account.

But whether or not MBS is able to stamp out corruption and/or whether or not he is guilty of the same charge, as his cousins and some others argue, how much command does he have over the affairs of the kingdom, and over the royal family he staged a coup against?
    Inside, unconfirmed reports allege that whether or not MBS has any command on traditional local troops that he can rely on, he is not taking any second chances.

To elaborate, the reader ought to be reminded that the Al-Saud legacy built its reign of power (and terror) on Wahhabism and money. Wahhabism was used as the doctrine, and money was the catalyst for buying loyalty and support.

With MBS’s purge on the royals, no traditional royal supporter with known wealth is left feeling safe. How can they feel safe if they hear reports of news of princes like Al-Walid bin Talal not only being in custody, but also getting tortured and his assets frozen and sieged by the state?

In my previous article, The Second Saudi Dynasty: MBS’s Reset Button, http://thesaker.is/the-second-saudi-...-reset-button/ , I wondered how can MBS count on any local supporters. Apparently, he is not.

Recent inside information that was later on published in various media, reports that MBS has been using Blackwater to do his dirty work.

If those reports are true, MBS has hired Blackwater to arrest, with orders to kill whoever resists arrest, Saudi princes and high-ranking businessmen, and to answer to no one but him. In retrospect, the fatal shooting of Prince Abdul Aziz, son of former King Fahed, was highly unlikely to have been done by a Saudi as this would attract a death sentence in the event of the coup failing.

It has even been reported that Blackwater personnel are driving around in tinted Saudi Police and security agency personnel vehicles in a manner that is totally unbeknown and hidden from the Saudi public. This cannot be corroborated any more than they can realistically be dismissed.

If true, such reports indicate that MBS’s coup is not over. They indicate that he is not taking any chances, but most practically, they indicate that he trusts no one; no one except Blackwater.

Most importantly and significantly however, such news, if confirmed, indicates that MBS does not have a true hold on power. If such is the case, and seeing the ambition he has, there is more reason to believe that MBS is going to have no choice but to go with his cousins all the way to the wire and until he has destroyed them all and confiscated all of their assets.

After all, he needs their money to achieve his dreams and get his kingdom out of its financial mess. He needs to blame his failure on them. He needs to eliminate any possible claim they can make for the throne.

Almost overnight, MBS has changed Saudi Arabia from a kingdom of sand upon which Al Saud reigned with a solid foothold and strong base, to a kingdom of quick-sand upon which princes and power brokers no longer have a leg to stand on. They either have to pledge total and unconditional loyalty to MBS or fear persecution. On the other hand, if they do pledge that loyalty, and MBS’s coup fails as a result of a counter-coup, then they will risk being seen as enemies of the winners of the counter-coup. It is a damned if you do and a damned if you don’t situation.

Not any less perplexing than the dilemma of the princes is the dilemma of the lower tiers of power in Saudi Arabia; especially senior military officers and their subordinates. With its tribal mentality, Saudi Arabia has had several tiers of armed forces, some of whom are loyal to particular princes rather than to the state itself. Prince Mutaib for example, the son of former King Abdullah, was until the 4th of November, the Minister of the National Guard. The hierarchy within the National Guard are loyal to him personally, and now the big boss is in jail. MBS therefore has a few options; either to coerce those military officers to become loyal to him under the risk of them stabbing him in the back, or, to throw everyone in jail and bring his own people in. But, where would he bring his own people in from and who are they to begin with? After all, and despite all the great power he gave himself, he is Mr Johnny-come–lately and he hasn’t had the advantage of time to slowly build his own army. His practical alternative was based on pragmatism and securing his own safety, and to that effect, he cannot find a more faithful and better trained army than Blackwater. And even though Blackwater does not come cheap, but clearly to MBS the objectives he seeks justify the costs.

Some may argue that Blackwater can also be bought by counter coup leaders and even foreign governments. Whilst this is possible, MBS remains to have no better alternative. However, one would imagine that for a company like Blackwater, to guarantee its business success and continuity, it would have a strict code of conduct that stipulates that it will refrain from entering contractual agreements that can generate conflict of interest between its clients. After all, and irrespective of its criminal and underhanded mercenary modus operandi, who would hire it knowing beforehand that it is in the habit of breaking contracts and replacing them with ones with the adversaries? Whilst it is arguable as to whether or not any client of Blackwater can actually take legal action against it and win is another story because, without any doubt, Blackwater, inhumane and criminal as it is, cannot afford to see its reputation ruined.

To sum it up therefore, whilst MBS’s coup is still in the making and its final outcome remaining unclear, what is evident is that MBS does not have enough local Saudi power base that he can rely on in the upper echelons of power. Whilst his grass root popularity among the general population is on the rise, traditional power brokers can neither be supportive of him, seen to be supportive or seen to be against him. Either way, and even though some of them could potentially become strong and faithful proponents of MBS, at the moment any pledges of allegiance are highly risky for all involved.

In his reliance on Blackwater however, MBS is achieving a more guaranteed short term objective. However, this policy can backfire very violently; because it is allowing certain key Saudi power brokers to sit on the fence for a little longer until they see who is the final winner in all of this for them to eventually back.

Saudi Prince Pays $1 Billion For His Freedom After Purge

November 30, 2017

Would you pay a billion dollars for your freedom?

VERO BEACH, FL (TruNews) This was the deal reportedly brokered by one of the top Saudi Princes arrested amid the historic purge in Saudi Arabia.

Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, who was once favored to take the throne, was released Tuesday from the Ritz Carlton along with at least three other top officials, after reaching a settlement with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the ballpark of $1 billion.

The soon-to-be King has said the majority of detainees have agreed to “pay back” some of the money they gained illegally, and from these funds Saudi authorities could recover close to $100 billion.

According to the Financial Times, this number could rise of $300 billion, and may be motivated by a 2016 budget deficit of $79 billion.

Well-informed sources told the newspaper these deals include a request to waive upwards of 70% of the prisoners total wealth in order to direct them to the countries depleted treasury.

https://www.trunews.com/article/saud...om-after-purge