Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED Comment Of The Week: The Conversation Gun Controllers Need To Have With Their Wives
+ Reply to Thread

18 Comment Of The Week: The Conversation Gun Controllers Need To Have With Their Wives

I have not seen this posted. Interesting points made to say the least.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment Of The Week: The Conversation Gun Controllers Need To Have With Their Wives.
    BY HERSCHEL SMITH

Fred Tippens:

Men cowering in their bathtub or not having the means to return fire is a sickness on their soul, the cure for which is Christ Jesus. If a man refuses to go armed he admits to a Holy God and all of mankind that he is unfit for his duties in a fallen world. He is a stunted child that is unequal to the task of manhood. Additionally, he doesn’t love his family. A man, any man, will fight to the death to protect that which he loves. This is God’s natural order that they deny and therefore, they deny God himself.
    With Fred, I believe that any man who won’t defend his family is an ungodly coward. Using Jesus as an excuse for his cowardliness is insulting to the Gospel.

Jesus came to die for the sins of His people as a vicarious atonement. He had to drink the cup that was before Him. Your death, or the deaths of your family members, won’t be a vicarious atonement for anything or anyone. That’s why Jesus told His disciples to buy swords.

For everyone who wants to be a pacifist, beatnik, long haired hippie flower child, I suggest a long conversation with your wife (and children, if you have them). It can begin this way. “Dear, you know that I love you, and we lock our doors at night because I don’t want anything to happen to you. But that’s as far as I’m willing to go to protect or defend you. If someone invades our home, I’m willing to let him rape or even torture you, kill our children, and burn down our house, because I think that’s what Jesus wants us to do. We care more about the criminals than we do our own safety. I hope you understand. Oh, by the way, just to make sure you understand, I feel the same way about defense of you and the children in restaurants, school, and at church as well.”

Please write me and let me know how this conversation goes. I want the nitty, gritty details of her reaction.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2017/...h-their-wives/
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

But it's okay because we can call the po-leece and they will come save us!

...won't they?

They'll sure come lickety-split when we need bodies removed, though.

Jesus came to die for the sins of His people as a vicarious atonement. He had to drink the cup that was before Him. Your death, or the deaths of your family members, won’t be a vicarious atonement for anything or anyone. That’s why Jesus told His disciples to buy swords.

While I agree with the general premise I cringe when statements like that are made because it shows their ignorance of the scripture mentioned or they are intentionally attempting to change what the scripture says and that is real bad. We have to be true to the integrity to the word of God. This is what that scripture says;

Lk 22:35-37

Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out without purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered. “Now, however, He told them, “the one with a purse should take it, and likewise a bag; and the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about Me is reaching its fulfillment.”…

In this particular instance the disciples needed the swords so the scripture could be fulfilled that Messiah could be numbered with the transgressors [sinners]. It does not make the point they are trying to make. Matter of fact it makes the opposite point.

However, if you go on further in that section they didn't need to buy any swords because they already had at least two of them and it no point is it written that Jesus ever told them to get rid of the swords. The sword was simply a tool that could be used in multiple ways including protection.

For the Christian pacifist when queried they will reply that having a gun shows your lack of faith for God to protect you. They demonstrate their 'faith' by not carrying or having access to firearms. I can respect that belief if honestly held but I can make most of them into hypocrites quickly.

I ask them if they have a job? Why...don't they trust God to provide for them? Do they have a savings account, do they have investments, do they have a retirement plan, do they have insurance? Of course they have all of these and more for most of them. Then you ask them why they have these things as using their analogy isn't that a lack of faith on their part?

Must be because they don't think God will protect their health without health insurance. They don't think God will provide for them in their old age, ect. Fact of the matter is it's simply prudent to do all these things and more. It all goes back to the heart issues here. One can have all these things including firearms and be fully trusting in God's provision. Conversely they can also have all these things and be in constant fear and dread not trusting God at all.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Intelligence HUB‏ @intelhub_data
    1m1 minute ago

Trump calling Kim 'short and fat' is 'big mistake': Biden

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...001000315.html … … http://dlvr.it/Q0n1zW #intelligence #breaking #riskintel

Cowardice and appeasement always starts at the top besides.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

So they can't just put a sign on the door saying "safe space" and expect to be safe in their house?

Or maybe wear a hat or shirt saying "safe space" and expect to not be mugged or anything else?

These are the people who do not carry a pocket knife with them and ask others to borrow their pocket knife if they need to cut something. Just like they expect the police or military to have their firearms if a firearm is needed to fix something.

Maybe we should mail em some chalk so they have their own color chalk for making an outline of a body?
    working on unplugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post
    Excellent
    He appears to be "assuming the position" for his upcoming date.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Somewhere saw something about an Amish family (or some other pacafist group) being attacked, none of them did anything to protect themselves or each other while being slaughtered.

Hf, Jesus was numbered with the transgressors when he was crucified between two thieves. He also said that His kingdom was not of this world, otherwise his followers would fight to keep Him from being handed over.

While I admire the Amish who believe that nothing can happen except what is God's will, and therefore will not resist evil, for my part I would feel obligated to use force to defend them. Their efforts to live a consistent life are admirable, and I don't condemn them for that, but my conscience will not allow me to stand by passively. The Amish I know often do have guns for hunting, and frequently supplement their diet with wild game. They feel the Bible prohibits killing people, however.

Nehemiah worked on the walls of Jerusalem, the workers working with one hand and holding a weapon in the other. Their enemies did not dare to attack, because the workers were ready. So far, there have been no drive-by shootings at gun shows, or NRA conventions.

In Texas, the shooter at the Baptist Church tried to get away when faced with an armed adversary. If the armed adversary had been in the congregation, the shooter might have run and not shot anyone. Better yet, he might not have been able to run.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Attached Images
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say that is a stock photo for impotence.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    Hf, Jesus was numbered with the transgressors when he was crucified between two thieves. He also said that His kingdom was not of this world, otherwise his followers would fight to keep Him from being handed over.

While I admire the Amish who believe that nothing can happen except what is God's will, and therefore will not resist evil, for my part I would feel obligated to use force to defend them. Their efforts to live a consistent life are admirable, and I don't condemn them for that, but my conscience will not allow me to stand by passively. The Amish I know often do have guns for hunting, and frequently supplement their diet with wild game. They feel the Bible prohibits killing people, however.

Nehemiah worked on the walls of Jerusalem, the workers working with one hand and holding a weapon in the other. Their enemies did not dare to attack, because the workers were ready. So far, there have been no drive-by shootings at gun shows, or NRA conventions.

In Texas, the shooter at the Baptist Church tried to get away when faced with an armed adversary. If the armed adversary had been in the congregation, the shooter might have run and not shot anyone. Better yet, he might not have been able to run.
    Re. The Amish, they might consider that it be God's will that placed you there to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Re. The Amish, they might consider that it be God's will that placed you there to protect them.
    Probably. They have NO problem calling the police to protect them, even from, um... less than potent threats. Some of them are seriously scary and paranoid. Closest neighbor was terrorized for YEARS by two or three Amish youths, who were essentially doing the Amish version of ringing doorbells and running away. They weren't willing to use any level of force to deter the threat themselves, but tied up State Police and Sheriff's department resources literally for years... at one point, they had a couple cops sitting on their porch all night.

I wasn't at all appreciative when I found tracks in our POSTED woods, and discovered they'd had cops with tracking dogs on our land, without even bothering to notify us, much less ask permission.

We solved the problem when the same little pissants destroyed my son's vintage Volkswagon he was restoring... he had parked it at our woods cabin while he was working on the cabin, and they little bastards cut the fuel line. Volkswagons of that era had "active" fuel pumps... when he started it, it sprayed gasoline onto the hot manifold and caught fire. Total loss, and I was REALLY pissed when I found the same tracks we'd been finding in our woods at the burned out wreck, where they'd apparently come back to survey the damage they'd caused.

We posted the entire property that night, and pissed the neighbors off by telling them it also meant THEM... no more running around our woods at night chasing shadows or perps. Then we waited until our dogs barked "humans" and headed out with a spotlight and a shotgun one night. After hazing them around towards the back property line, we made sure they knew we'd seen them, then shot over their heads. That was the end of it.

I think what ticked me off the most is they knew very well WHO it was... but they didn't want to "stir up problems" in the community. BTW, the "perps" were 10 and 13 year old boys...

I should say some of the younger men aren't as solidly pacifist as they used to be... at least, they're willing to entertain the idea that they might be forced to use violence to protect weaker members of the community. We encourage that train of thought every chance we get.

Summerthyme