Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

My Crafts that keep me so busy
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

My Crafts that keep me so busy

I finally got a few pictures to post and share with anyone who's interested in made in the USA products. I have a dear friend who after pondering this for 10 years or so has decided to open a Christmas Country Market and if it does well we will grow. I've posted some of my crafts in the past and can keep adding to this thread as I dive into more projects. As of right now my time is stretched thin with an opening date of 3 weeks away but I will get done as much as possible and I hope you all wish me well.

I plan on making fleece hoodies next with pixy pointed hoods and various color schemes. I do have a few pictures of the ones I made a couple of years ago and I have people requesting them now so I can make one a night. We'll see how that goes.

I still have hair sticks and will be posting more pictures of what I have now as well as more crafts to come given I have the time. I normally make a lot of herbal products too so as you can see it doesn't leave much room for posting as much right now.

These pouches and purses are crossbody style and are approximately 6 X 6 and 5 X 7 inches. The pouches are cushioned throughout and the purses have vinyl backing and insides. (I will be going to real leather on similar styles down the road) Hope you like them and I apologize for the photos not being great. Thanks!
    Attached Images
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Who is Q?

Music Pouch's in black and silver...
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

This one is also crossbody or clutch style..
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

Music Purse in Bright colors...
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

Music in Browns...
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

Non Musical...
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    Music in Browns...
    The top one is my favorite.

They are wonderful! Thanks for showing them!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieSunshine View Post
    They are wonderful! Thanks for showing them!
    Thanks Susie, really appreciate it. I wish I had a decent camera or maybe someone that could actually take decent pictures. That's not me!

Who is Q?

Hey Vic
    look - although I don't have any shoes that go with your work at the moment I would like to complement you on the incredible detail work.

next time I need to accessorize a new outfit I'll be looking back thru this thread!!

I wish you well with this!
    best of the CHRISTmas season

RM
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    Hey Vic
    look - although I don't have any shoes that go with your work at the moment I would like to complement you on the incredible detail work.

next time I need to accessorize a new outfit I'll be looking back thru this thread!!

I wish you well with this!
    best of the CHRISTmas season

RM
    Well thank you RM so much. I do guy stuff too now and then. I used to make guys these camo squared pouches that could go on a belt or sling over their shoulders when they went out hunting. I also did some men's totes again in camo that were pretty nice. They sold anyway. I am going to retrieve all my crafts later today from the Christmas store I had them in so after I get straightened out again I'll get some more pictures up. I appreciate the well wishes! I do it more for the fun of it then trying to make $$ although the money helps.

Thanks!
    Vicki

Who is Q?

Ok, I'm going to show you one I did late last summer. I was given a plus size dress in bright tie dyed colors and I tried it on. I am almostf 5'4 and this dress was almost a foot too long for me. The bodice was tight and not comfortable. The bottom of the dress was so heavy and full. I decided to cut the bodice off and make a skirt out of the rest. The material was so large that I ended up making a skirt out of half of the bottom. I looked at the material I had left and decided to reattach the bodice as a short dress or top. It's versatile as both. The dress is half way up the thigh so pool side would look awesome or wearing short leggings would look adorable. A scarf thrown over the shoulder when wearing the dress over the skirt would be romantic and perfect for dinner. I do not have pictures of when it was a dress orginally but it looks much different now. It sure would look sexy on someone. lol

Let me know what you think of my work. Thanks!
    Attached Images

Who is Q?

Great job!
    Love long tiered knit skirts - easy, comfortable, and flattering.

Wow! You are very talented.
    I love all the bags. And the dress and skirt are great too.
    (I didn't even know this forum was here!)
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Wow Vicki, those are AWESOME! I haven't been in here for a few years (eek, has it been that long?!) and yours was the first thread I hit, and what a great surprise. I had no idea you did such beautiful work.

If you need a nice way to photograph, you can do it on the cheap like I did and buy some butcher paper, cut a long strip of it, tape it to the underside of your cupboard, let it drape down along the back and then across the counter to the edge. Then tape two more pieces to the underside along each side of the long strip so it forms a boxish shape. This mimicks a light box, I took a couple of lamps, removed the shades and put them at the edge of the box to force light in and let it bounce off all the white. If you put your gorgeous pouches in there, propped up on a clear base or even a little box covered in white paper, you'll get a well lit photo with little to no 'noise'. If you have a window that allows natural sunlight in, that helps give it a warmer feel too.

Or you can buy a light box on amazon for about $30.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more!
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17