Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Madagascar Hospitals On High Alert: ‘No One Is Safe’ From The Black Plague
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Yep, the info on plague total deaths and number of infected people has been locked at 124/1300 from the 25th. Again, the health powers that be have not issued any updates for the last 72 hours. The only reason to do that is the numbers are going up and they don't want to panic people. Obviously, since the plague has now spread to a second city on Madagascar, and since they admitted they are only skip tracing 30 percent of the infected people, the numbers of dead and infected have to be increasing.

I give them another week of no new health reports before we get into full blown panic mode. I will also go on record as saying the plague must have started spreading more widely, not only on the island of Madagascar itself, but into some, many, or even all of the nine listed African countries. Clearly, the other nine countries have been told to keep their mouths shut.

Further, given the level of dysfunction in the health care systems of all the countries listed, well we saw what happened with Ebola in West Africa back in 2014. Again, that picture of health care workers not wearing masks when dealing with an AIRBORNE VECTOR BLACK DEATH BACTERIA IS DEVASTATING. I mean they are just standing there, possibly with an infected person who may be coughing, sneezing, or just breathing out the bacteria in an aerosol.

The only conclusion I can come to is this. They fear the panic and hysteria more than they fear the disease. Any health care system that allows medical people to be exposed to an airborne vector disease isn't going to be very effective in dealing with it.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

DD, if you get tired of the wait, there is always China's new outbreak of Bird Flu. Latest version is H9N7, IIRC. While the vector is still poultry contact, the CDC is concerned about pandemic potential, and FWIW, 40% of those who show up at the hospital, die of it.

I only learned about the latest by clicking on Patriot Nurse, looking for Madagascar info.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    STUPID, DANGEROUS, BLACK CULTURAL SUPERSTITIONS and PRACTICES PERSIST

Read the story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/plague-al...030315028.html

Madagascar's "Dance with the dead" persists in defiance of Plague (Ed:My title)
    Antananarivo (AFP) - In Madagascar, ceremonies in which families exhume the remains of dead relatives, rewrap them in fresh cloth and dance with the corpses are a sacred ritual.

But an outbreak of plague sweeping the Indian Ocean island nation has prompted warnings that the macabre spectacle, known as the turning of the bones or body turning, presents a serious risk of contamination.

On a recent baking hot Saturday in Ambohijafy, a village outside the capital Antananarivo, a "turning" procession snaked through the streets in a fevered carnival atmospherebound for the cemetery.

For the community's few hundred residents, the time for "famadihana" -- the local name for the ceremony -- had arrived.

The unique custom, originating among communities that live in Madagascar's high plateaux, draws crowds every winter to honour the dead and to honour their mortal wishes.

"It's one of Madagascar's most widespread rituals," historian Mahery Andrianahag told AFP.

"It's necessary to assure cosmic harmony... it satisfies our desire to respect and honour the ancestors so that they can be blessed and one day return."

At the head of the procession, 18-year-old Andry Nirina Andriatsitohaina eagerly awaited the big moment as a uniformed band played on loud trumpets.

"I am extremely proud to go to rewrap the bones of my grandmother and all of our ancestors. I will ask them for blessings and success in my school leavers' exams," he said.

- 'Ask for blessings' -

In front of the family mausoleum, the assembled men dug into the earth and opened the tomb's door as women and children looked on.

One by one, the wrapped remains were carried out into the open and carefully placed on a mat where they were rewrapped, or "turned" in the new shrouds.

Health ministry epidemiologists have long observed that plague season coincides with the period when famadihana ceremonies are held from July to October.

"If a person dies of pneumonic plague and is then interred in a tomb that is subsequently opened for a famadihana, the bacteria can still be transmitted and contaminate whoever handles the body," said Willy Randriamarotia, the health ministry chief of staff.

To limit the danger, rules dictate that plague victims cannot be buried in a tomb that can be reopened and instead their remains must be held in an anonymous mausoleum.

But the local media have reported several cases of bodies being exhumed covertly.

Despite the serious risks publicised by the authorities, few in Madagascar question the turning ceremonies.

"I don't want to imagine the dead like forgotten objects. They gave us life," said Helene Raveloharisoa, a regular at the ritual.

"I will always practise the turning of the bones of my ancestors -- plague or no plague. The plague is a lie."

Josephine Ralisiarisoa was even more strident in her view that the plague risk had been exaggerated.

"The government in power is short of money for the next presidential poll (in 2018), so they invent things to get cash from lenders," said Ralisiarisoa.

"I have participated in at least 15 famadihana ceremonies in my life. And I've never caught the plague."

I have excerpted parts of your post because it is long, and this is pertinent to my comment. My concern relates to the Ebola epidemic recently experienced in West Africa. When authorities interfered with local burial practices some serious efforts were made to hide the illness. One case, I recall, involved a person driving a corpse many miles to get a proper burial (by their family washing standards). Because they believe that inadequate burials interfere with the ability of the dead to experience afterlife, it is very important, even worth dying over.

The worst outcome is to die and not live on in an afterlife. That is extinction, and the main reason these practices are so important.

The placing, in this outbreak, of corpses in a grave, a mausoleum, anonymously laid, is a real threat to this future life. It is an easy bet that the sick will be hidden and buried secretly but "properly", to ensure an afterlife for their loved ones. This also means that the people, as indicated in the article, are sneaking into these plague mausoleums to rescue their loved ones. And they have to go through many wrapped bodies to find them!

I'm from the Government and am here to make a bad situation worse.

This isn't such a crazy idea, nor primitive, many religious rites exist to preserve the ability of the dying to live on. The Catholics' sacrament of Extreme Unction (the anointing of the dying with oils, while reciting certain prayers) is a vestige of this. Of course the ancient Egyptians had a version of this, and most any human population. In fact, when I was in school, learned that the concept of proper burial and belief in an afterlife was not only common to all humanity, but one of the markers of early civilization. The Neolithic Chinese had special pots with sacred symbols on them for theirs, at least 5000 years back, before the better known decorative jars.

Taking care of the ancestors, and providing the dead with what he needed to continue on, whether a sword and medicine bag or a whole temple of fine furnishings and jewels, it is what humans do. From an historic, universal, human viewpoint, our loss of respect for these traditions is a big problem, and will be seen by those who believe in the afterlife as evidence we are barbarians.

(rewrote that last line to try and better explain why this approach is doomed to failure)

Perhaps a better approach is to somehow get the ancestors encased in plastic that doesn't breathe, but can afford the bereaved a corpse

The information suppression campaign is now in full deployment mode. Again, there has not been ONE SINGLE NEWS STORY ON THE PLAGUE IN GENERAL, MUCH LESS THE NUMBERS OF INFECTED AND DEAD IN FOUR DAYS.

Yep, they are lying through their teeth at this point. Madagascar is now a black hole for information and that can ONLY MEAN ONE THING. The situation in Madagascar, and maybe the other nine listed countries is completely out of control and the numbers are now skyrocketing.

One infected person. One plane. One destination in a first world country. Game over. Checkmate.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is

found this

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/can-we...d9787d3cd26a3b

Can we predict the world’s next pandemic?
    Originally published as Plague spreads: ‘Can’t explain it’

Kirrily Schwarz, news.com.au
    October 29, 2017 12:13pm

PLAGUE warnings were being issued for nine countries in south-east Africa this week, as authorities rushed to contain an outbreak of Black Death.

It’s the same virus that led to one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, killing an estimated 25 million people in Medieval Europe.

The recent outbreak is believed to have started in Madagascar, an island nation off the African coast, and at least 1300 people have been infected.

It’s a serious bacterial infection transmitted by fleas, and can be easily treated with antibiotics, but so far 124 have been reported dead.

“Plague, though terrifying, is nothing new in Madagascar, where about 600 cases are reported annually,” the World Health Organisation said on its website.

However, WHO officials warned there is “something different” about this outbreak, and “health officials couldn’t explain it”.

“Plague is a disease of poverty, because it thrives in places with poor sanitary conditions and health services,” said Dr Arthur Rakotonjanabelo.

However, he said the plague had spread to new parts of the country, which hadn’t seen the plague since at least 1950.

SO WHEN WILL THE NEXT OUTBREAK BE?
    This is what the Ebola virus looks like under a microscope — scientists have known about it since 1976, but it took the world by surprise three years ago. Picture: iStock

Global health authorities are constantly trying to predict the next outbreak — bacterial or viral — so it can be stopped before it becomes an epidemic or pandemic.

The Global Virome Project, which was proposed in 2016 and is just beginning to take shape, is one ambitious initiative which aims to find all viruses in birds and mammals that could spill over to humans in the next decade.

Meanwhile, the US Agency for International Development has spent the past eight years cataloguing threats, identifying 1000 new viruses.

However, experts estimate 99.9 per cent of viruses are still unknown.

A new Australian study, published this week by Jemma Geoghegan from Macquarie University and Edward Holmes from the University of Sydney, argued it’s impossible to predict a global outbreak because there are too many variables.

They said efforts will fail because the enormous number of unknown viruses could evolve and appear in humans at any time.

“The [Global Virome Project] will be great for understanding more about viruses and their evolution, but I don’t see how it’ll help us work out what’s going to infect us,” Dr Geoghegan told The Atlantic’s Ed Yong.

“We’re only just coming to terms with the vastness of the virosphere.”

Once a virus achieves human-to-human transmission, it’s really just a matter of luck as to how severe and contagious it is, and whether or not it can be treated quickly.

EVOLUTION CAN BE GREAT, AND TERRIBLE
    What is Ebola?

Both humans and diseases are constantly changing, so it’s a bit like trying to hit a moving target from a moving car.

“We’re trying to predict really, really rare events from not much information, which I think is going to fail,” Dr Geoghegan said — and history agrees.

For example, scientists discovered the Zika virus in Uganda way back in 1947, and yet there was an outbreak on the other side of the world, in Brazil, two years ago.

The disease is spread by mosquitoes, and can cause severe birth defects in babies if the mother is bitten while pregnant.

Similarly, the Ebola virus was discovered in 1976 in South Sudan, but it claimed a reported 11,315 lives in west Africa three years ago.

It is highly infectious and spreads through transmission of bodily fluids, causing a gruesome death as the whole body haemorrhages.

Still other diseases emerge totally out of the blue.

One example is the SARS virus — a severe form of pneumonia — which broke out in China after a researcher accidentally caught it in a lab in 2002.

Another is HIV, a sexually transmitted virus which attacks the body’s immune system, which has claimed an estimated 35 million lives in the past 40 years.

Probably the most famous of all is the Spanish Influenza pandemic, which killed up to 100 million people — or five per cent of the world’s population — in 1918.

The other variable is changes to possible treatments — which vary widely depending if the outbreak is bacterial or viral.

Vaccines are undoubtedly the best way to treat viruses, because they require living hosts to multiply and can only really be fought off by the body’s own immune system, but they are a prevention and not a cure.

Bacteria, on the other hand, can be effectively treated with antibiotics — however, health experts warn an “antibiotic apocalypse” is fast approaching, as overuse of drugs like Penicillin lead to a significant increase in drug-resistant infections.

DOES SCIENCE HAVE A WAY FORWARD?
    Scientists are always trying to identify the next threat before it reaches epidemic or pandemic proportions — but there are a lot of variables. Picture: Doherty Institute

Dr Geoghegan thinks the best way forward is to focus just on the “fault lines”.

The Atlantic reports that means regions where people are more likely to be exposed to animal viruses because they are chopping down forests, setting up dense animal markets, hunting wild creatures for meat, or moving around a lot because of political instability.

However, others argue global scientific efforts shouldn’t be so readily dismissed.

Professor Jonna Mazet, global director for PREDICT, a European Union organisation that aims to prepare for the “domino effect” in crisis situations, told Ed Yong it’s too early to know how things will pan out.

She said if the same complaints had been made about meteorology a century ago, “we wouldn’t have created the data that lets us forecast the weather, which we can do pretty well now”.
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Four day weekend?

Perhaps a shipment of cats and release them in the effected areas. I know its a little late and does nothing for people affected by this, but will help prevent outbreaks.
    The worst that could happen is these people will view the cats as a food source and we did was provide a cat in every pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Perhaps a shipment of cats and release them in the effected areas. I know its a little late and does nothing for people affected by this, but will help prevent outbreaks.
    The worst that could happen is th
    ese people will view the cats as a food source and we did was provide a cat in every pot.
    No the worst that could happen at this point is that the cats could also catch the Plague and spread it directly to humans; this is especially true of the airborne form of the disease.

While there is no reason to kill off the existing cats (unless there is a known outbreak)-like humans, cats are not a preferred host for the disease; you don't want to introduce them directly into a situation like this.

For the future, encouraging both cats and ratting dogs (or other local small predators that dine on rodents) is not a bad idea; but I wouldn't do this right now with an active situation going on.

Husband can't get much news off the medical sites either, other than the border controls starting to go up in some nearby countries.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

IF, the article still uses four day old data for Madagascar, ie the 124 dead and 1300 infected. It is also a rather general one that doesn't actually deal with Madagascar's situation.

Like I said, "they" now have a lot of experience in keeping the real health situation from being known. I find it interesting "they" started the 1984 Memory Hole routine after they admitted they were skip tracing less than 30 percent of the infected people on Madagascar, and it was now a 70 percent airborne vector disease, and finally, it had spread to a second large city on Madagascar, as well as increasing the geographic range to most of East Africa.

What that tells me, full doomer mode on now, is "they" are freaking out since they have an airborne, 50 plus percent LETHAL disease, that is spreading on Madagascar, they can't find the 70 percent infected, but unknown, to put them anti-biotic treatment. Yep, my "doomer spidey sense" is now tingling. This isn't rocket science health wise.

IF you have an airborne vector plague, that is 50 percent lethal even with anti-biotic treatment, and it is spreading on Madagascar to a second city, plus you now add nine additional countries to the threat zone; finally, you combine all of that with the information black hole, the logical result is the plague in spreading fast and wide. The fact that "they" are dead silent the last four days guarantees this is the case.

And yes, when the first case shows up in Paris, or New York City, we will have the start of our global pandemic. Much like Puerto Rico nobody will give a $$%% as long as it stays in Madagascar, or even the nine African countries. Once it gets going in the USA or Europe, or Japan that will change.

Actually, in terms of a collapse the system disease, this airborne vector Plague is going to cause an outsized impact due to the terror it will cause among the sheeple. If you can get it by being sneezed upon, or breathed upon, well the sheeple are not going to go to movies, or malls, or go shopping, or take public transit if they can avoid it.

"They" still haven't figured out the more you lie, the worse it gets. "They" still haven't figured out no matter how bad the actual situation is, by their silence they confirm people's worst fears and cause a massive panic, much worse than if they were honest and released the information in the first place.

The last four days of silence have primed people for the worst. I will also add that if the situation was actually getting better, "they" would be shouting that from the rooftops. The fact they aren't doing that means the situation must be getting worse.

SNIP:
    And yes, when the first case shows up in Paris, or New York City, we will have the start of our global pandemic. Much like Puerto Rico nobody will give a $$%% as long as it stays in Madagascar, or even the nine African countries. Once it gets going in the USA or Europe, or Japan that will change.
    ____

True, and people do get around. The Mormons at least, got their people out early. Unfortunately, most goodie-two-shoes NWO's seem determined to flock to these problems - I guess individuals see it as career building (as well as virtue signalling - one white doc in a sea of smiling black faces makes for a great photo-op). The West refuses to leave a dangerous epidemic to burn itself out...pissed me off when medical workers were going from one village to another during the Ebola crisis. The villagers knew that was a problem; EVERYONE should have just stayed put.

We'll likely see more examples like that smug red-headded Ebola nurse who objected to quarantine after returning to the US (wrong move to begin with), and her ditzy BF who insisted on enrolling in classes right after, because yeah, there was just NO WAY she could have brought it back with her. IIRC, if you do catch it, and manage to recover, the viable virus can still be found in your eye balls years later. But of course, the public was just being hysterical about having these medical workers fly straight back home.

Did a search using BING and the newest news I found was two days old and not telling much other than the near by countries are clamping down at the borders.
    One report was from the U.N. that was several days old and that one confirmed they do indeed have an outbreak of both forms of plague, Not good.
    Last edited by Publius; 10-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

I'm looking forward (in a sarcastic and jaded way) to a replay of other Ebola scenes in the following weeks/months:

At vast expense (and in an affront to just about everyone's better judgement), the CDC will fly in a patient to their headquarters in Atlanta (?), and the cameras will record the disembarkation of a plastic tented gurney. When the patient recovers, there will be a heart-warming and extended huggy kissy scene of a press conference with a bright eyed and bushy tailed, and ever so grateful cherub-cheeked patient effusively thanking his doc (who will return promptly to his other patients after hugging everyone in sight for the cameras).

Well, it's about 2:30 a.m. over there on a Monday morning, so in a few hours, everyone should be waking up and maybe we'll get some news from the BBC, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    I'm looking forward (in a sarcastic and jaded way) to a replay of other Ebola scenes in the following weeks/months:

At vast expense (and in an affront to just about everyone's better judgement), the CDC will fly in a patient to their headquarters in Atlanta (?), and the cameras will record the disembarkation of a plastic tented gurney. When the patient recovers, there will be a heart-warming and extended huggy kissy scene of a press conference with a bright eyed and bushy tailed, and ever so grateful cherub-cheeked patient effusively thanking his doc (who will return promptly to his other patients after hugging everyone in sight for the cameras).
    This is NOT Ebola, even the antibiotic-resistant strains are still responding to a higher class of antibiotics; they just are more expensive and/or need to be administered via an IV (and that isn't even relevant unless they ARE antibiotic-resistant strains.

Given that, it would be perfectly "safe" to fly a patient (say an American missionary doctor or nurse) into Atlanta, treat them and then hug them afterward; provided that ALL precautions were taken and ALL staff was treated with antibiotics as well (and tested for infections).

The problem with Ebola is, it is a VIRUS, it does NOT respond to antibiotics and the CDC decided to play "chicken" with a virus that normally isn't "airborne" in the usual sense but can be transmitted by exposure to body fluids (and probably by droplets in the air from someone nearby aka a direct "hit" from a bit of snot from a sneeze, something likely to happen to a nurse or care worker especially if not in a full body protection suit).

This situation with The Plague is scary and it isn't anything to ignore or fool around with; but the dangers are different than those with Ebola, because while Ebola has no known treatment other than trying to help the patient stay alive and treat the symptoms until recovery or death; the Plague is a Bacteria infection that CAN be treated if there is time and medication to do so.

It could get out of hand and kill a lot of people, but medical staff warned in advanced with proper treatment should be relatively safe unless the disease morphs to the point that no antibiotics work against it, if that happens then it is really panic time.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post

Doesn’t China have numerous projects throughout Africa in their play for colonization, resources, and raw materials? Any historical evidence that their ethics are likely to provide a firewall against pandemic? Uh...let me think, raw sewage fertilizer, uh...numerous food processing and contamination scandals...uh, nevermind...

Yes, China is in the process of taking over both Africa and South America. Bye, Bye Monroe doctrine for one thing.

The current plague outbreak in Madagascar is a 70 percent airborne version, and a 30 percent regular Bubonic one. As such, it is able to be treated by the current generation of antibiotics, at least until an antibiotic resistant Plague bacteria mutates.

The problem here is the 70 percent infected who were not skip traced, found and given antibiotic therapy. So, they are running around Madagascar, presumably infecting still more people. The level of technical competence, medical supply status and cleanliness of African hospitals and clinics is dismal. the pictures of the so called health care workers running around with an airborne vector plague bacteria not wearing masks was appalling. Ebola is a virus. The Plague is a bacteria. Ebola requires close contact with body fluids. The airborne version of the plague can infect people who are exposed to coughs, sneezes and breathing air in confined places like airplane cabins. The level of threat from Ebola is minimal compared to the airborne version of the plague.

Again, they wouldn't have expanded the threat zone to nine additional countries unless they reasonably concluded the threat was there. The fact that some of these countries have started sealing their borders is a bad sign. When that happens, it is usually a case of closing the barn door after the horses have left.

Sorry, but based on what "they" are now doing, it is clear to me the plague is spreading on Madagascar, and may already be in any of the nine countries.

The airplane passenger infected mode is a very reasonable threat. We have KNOWN AND DOCUMENTED EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE GETTING INFECTED WITH TB, SIMPLY BY BEING IN A SEAT WITHIN FOUR ROWS OF AN INFECTED PERSON AND BREATHING THE SAME AIR FOR SEVERAL HOURS.

The fact "they" shut down all info immediately after admitting they couldn't find 70 percent of the infected, the disease had spread to a second city on Madagascar, and then expanded the threat zone to cover most of eastern Africa, tells me TSHTF

DD... I * think* you mean " the 70% exposed", not "infected". I'm not having any luck finding morbidity rates for pneumonia plague (probably not surprising, given the virulence of the disease, and it's relative rarity in more modern times), but it's very unlikely to be 100%. Even during the "Black Death" years, Europe "only" lost 33% of the total population over 5 year; horrific, to be sure!, but factually meaning that 67% survived, even in a time where antibiotics were unknown, and even the knowledge of "germs" didn't exist.

I'm not disagreeing with your feelings that this could get very bad, but-as with the Ebola epidemic a few years ago, it doesn't do anyone (not to mention the credibility of the site ) any good to leap to huge... and likely overstated conclusions.

The fact they have stopped providing figures for infected and dead is a large red flag ... But you can't assume that there are thousands of "infected" people running around Madagascar, either. If the were actually INFECTED, they would have been treated... and the virulence of this disease makes it EXTREMELY unlikely that any who were infected and not treated are actually running around anywhere... in general the incubation period for the airborne type is 1 TO 3 DAYS!! And the course of the untreated disease is SHORT ... first symptoms to death in 24 hours.

But.... If you want the latest medical facts, here is an excellent place to start...

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article...n-of-Pneumonic

Summerthyme

I don't know how reputable this site is, but they're reporting 100,000 'affected' (cases ?) with over 100 deaths:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201710290173.html

Mozambique: Ministry of Health Prepared to Deal With Plague

Maputo — The Mozambican Ministry of Health is drawing up a plan to respond to any possible outbreak of bubonic plague, following the outbreak in Madagascar which has affected about 100,000 people and has caused over 100 deaths.

According to the Assistant National Director of Public Health, Maria Benigna Matsinhe, cited by the Maputo daily “Noticias”, work is under way to control the entry points to the country to check and follow up any person who has been in Madagascar,

Speaking on Friday at the ceremony to launch National Health Week, Matsinhe said “even before there were indications that our country is at risk, as soon as we knew of the Madagascar outbreak, the Health Ministry organized, and sent guidelines to the provinces to strengthen vigilance at the borders”.

Health workers are observing people who enter the country, and noting where they have been, she said. If they have visited Madagascar, they are screened.
    “We know that the symptoms of plague are fever and a feeling of malaise, which in some cases can evolve to pneumonia”, she said. “Our workers at the entry points are prepared for surveillance, and in this way we shall be able to identify possible cases”. So far, she added, no cases of the disease have been diagnosed in Mozambique.

The plague bacteria develops in rats and other rodents, and is transmitted to humans via fleas. In humans the classic form of the disease is bubonic, affecting the lymphatic system. Plague becomes much more serious if it develops into its pneumonic form which can be transmitted from person to person through coughing and saliva.

Mozambique already has experience of dealing with plague, since there have been repeated outbreaks in Mutarara district, in the western province of Tete, on the border with Malawi. The latest such outbreaks were in 1994 and 1997. Three deaths were reported in 1994 and none in 1997.

The sporadic appearance of plague in Mutarara and in southern Malawi is likely to indicate a reservoir of the bacteria among the wild rodent population.

First, we don't know how many of the 70 percent are infected because they weren't skip traced. The only ones they skip traced are the 30 percent and that is where the 124 dead and 1300 infected number came from. I don't know if you can push it out to 124 times 3 and 1300 times 3 or not. There simply isn't enough information.

I was stunned to see the 100,000 figure used by the Madagascar government. If that is true, and they don't have 1300 or 5,000 but 100,000 well that would explain why they shut up 4 days ago. I also don't know if this means there are 100,000 INFECTED AND UNDER ANTIBIOTIC TREATMENT OR SIMPLY 100,000 WERE EXPOSED AND PUT UNDER MEDICAL QUARANTINE.

Still, I am not inciting panic here. I am simply saying it is much worse in Madagascar than "they" are saying. And if this 100,000 people statement is true, well then it justifies everything I said. After all, going from 1300 infected to 100,000 infected in less than one week is an astounding increase.

I am not sure what the term they use, "affected" means in a medical sense. Do they mean the 100,000 were only exposed and didn't become infected? Or do they mean that some, most or all the 100,000 was just exposed, put into quarantine and showed no signs of infection? In fact, this statement is yet another example of how dysfunctional the health system in Madagascar really is, when they make statements that are confusing.

He also didn't give a specific number for the infected, but only the "100 dead." Again, does he mean 100,000 exposed and only 1300 infected, or does he mean 100,000 both exposed and infected, or a percentage of the 100,000 exposed, quarantined, treated or infected?

Still, I am not having a warm and fuzzy moment when he throws out a number like 100,000 in the context of the airborne vector plague bacteria!

I just now contacted CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP)
    University of Minnesota and sent them this message:

What is with the patently obvious news blackout about the latest statistics about the Pneumonic Plague outbreak in Madagascar and Eastern Africa? Do you know ordinary people in America and around the world are now beginning to STOP TRUSTING CDC and WHO as a source of TRUTH!

By CENSORING the truth, the authorities FORCE people, (acting and defending their own safety) into wild speculation about the hidden extent of the real threat to them personally wherever in the world they live, and hiding the truth CAUSES PANIC, Is that what the authorities want?
    Proverbs 18:13 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

13 He that answereth before that he heareth, showeth himself to be a fool; and worthy of shame.

Not much here, but somebody decided to bump this story in the news cycle.

Warnings of ‘GLOBAL OUTBREAK’ of Black Death as PLAGUE continues to spread

HEALTH experts are warning there is “something different” about a new Black Death outbreak spreading across the world.
    By Charlotte Ikonen / Published 30th October 2017

Some 1,300 cases of the pneumonic plague, which is transmitted by air, have now been confirmed.

An estimated 50 million lives were lost as a result of the Black Death epidemic of the 1300s.

And now the deadly disease has spread into more African countries after taking root in Madagascar.

Countries affected include South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Comoros, the Seychelles, Mauritius and Reunion.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...pia-Seychelles
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

If that article is correct in what it seems to state - that the Plague has spread to these other countries, that IS a big deal. Nevertheless, I'll wait for some specifics before lighting a match to my hair.

No, the Plague is not Ebola. Ebola doesn't have anywhere near the body count.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    If that article is correct in what it seems to state - that the Plague has spread to these other countries, that IS a big deal. Nevertheless, I'll wait for some specifics before lighting a match to my hair.

No, the Plague is not Ebola. Ebola doesn't have anywhere near the body count.
    I am not playing down the potential of an extreme emergency/disaster in terms of this disease, but I have to point out again that in terms of the First World unlike Ebola it can be treated (for now).

The last TWO attempts by the disease to go back to a worldwide epidemic have been stopped over the last 100 years by a combination of quarantine and treatment of those exposed.

Yes, it could still potentially kill millions, especially if it gets out of hand in the third world and even in the First World some people will die if this spreads out too quickly. There are only so many stockpiles of medication and so many ways to distribute it; that alone pretty much guarantees there will be issues of this goes into a full pandemic mode.

The FORM of the disease has up to a NINETY PERCENT, die off rate; but in the Middle Ages it was a secondary form of the disease though we now know it was responsible for some of the larger areas of mass death due to tests on bodies from the "plague pits."

So, it is wise to keep an eye on this and be aware that if they are not giving out information the situation probably isn't good; avoid travel anywhere near the area if possible and if family, friends, church members etc are returning from the area be very careful and see the doctor at the first sign of a "cold" or "flu" to be tested.

If everyone can be ringfenced and treated, there is no reason why this HAS to spread in the first world but it does require a lot of hands-on steps and taking things seriously.

Ignoring the danger, the way Ebola was ignored; COULD result in a first world pandemic or at least the start of one; unlike Ebola if your stopped and quarantined unless your government is totally horrific (like say China might be) then you can be treated and released after a few days to make sure you are not contagious anymore.

Oh some GOOD NEWS!!!

If you catch this and are treated with antibiotics than you ARE IMMUNE, husband checked on that - it works very much like the live vaccination. Not that anyone would want to do this intentionally but it does answer the question about treatment and future immunity to the disease for the individual.

Melodi, how is your husband doing? You mentioned something about resistant strains he would report on when he felt better.
    What I have found is resistance to Streptomycin and Sulfamides (sp?), but still susceptible to chloramphenicol, doxycycline, and cipro. I assume levofloxacin is included as well.
    Thank you for confirming the post-antibiotic immunity question.
    ETA: Cipro and Levo both have serious Black Box warnings.
    Last edited by Profit of Doom; 10-30-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

I would recommend getting this, small price for insurance. https://drchristophersherbs.com/coll...la-anti-plague

SUPER GARLIC IMMUNE FORMULA (ANTI-PLAGUE)

Once you’ve confirmed your subscription to our free, occasional e-newsletter, you’ll receive a coupon code for $5 off of a $50 purchase, or $10 off $100 purchase.

To protect yourself from plagues and epidemics, there is no better remedy than Dr. Christopher’s Super Garlic Immune formula. This formula was originally called Anti-Plague formula and was designed specifically for dealing with epidemics such as swine flu, and it has been used successfully to prevent and treat epidemics in the past.

Simply take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day to prevent contracting the flu. If infected, you would take 1 tablespoon every 1/2 hour to clear the condition.

Video Copyright The School of Natural Healing. Learn more about courses, including their new online courses by visiting their website.
    G.K. Chesterton, “It’s the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense.”

"If anyone shall be outside the ark of Noe he shall perish when the flood prevails." St Jerome

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Truth

Pray for the Consecration of Russia.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Melodi, how is your husband doing? You mentioned something about resistant strains he would report on when he felt better.
    What I have found is resistance to Streptomycin and Sulfamides (sp?), but still susceptible to chloramphenicol, doxycycline, and cipro. I assume levofloxacin is included as well.
    Thank you for confirming the post-antibiotic immunity question.
    He's rushing around getting ready to go back to school this evening (during a holiday parade but he has classes at 8am tomorrow holiday or not) but I'll see if he can write down the drugs that work.

There are two of them, but they had long names and I don't remember them but so far they are working even on the resistant strains, but they are harder to give and one has to be done with an IV.

Which makes them more expensive and more difficult to treat in the third world especially.

Quote Originally Posted by eens View Post
    I would recommend getting this, small price for insurance. https://drchristophersherbs.com/coll...la-anti-plague

Once you’ve confirmed your subscription to our free, occasional e-newsletter, you’ll receive a coupon code for $5 off of a $50 purchase, or $10 off $100 purchase.

To protect yourself from plagues and epidemics, there is no better remedy than Dr. Christopher’s Super Garlic Immune formula. This formula was originally called Anti-Plague formula and was designed specifically for dealing with epidemics such as swine flu, and it has been used successfully to prevent and treat epidemics in the past.

Simply take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day to prevent contracting the flu. If infected, you would take 1 tablespoon every 1/2 hour to clear the condition.

Video Copyright The School of Natural Healing. Learn more about courses, including their new online courses by visiting their website.
    It would seem the best use of this would be to keep people away from you!
    Plague is bacterial, flu is viral.
    I did have good luck with elderberry syrup, was taking care of wife who had flu bad, took no precautions, sleeping together, etc. Took maintenance dose of Sambucol until started feeling fluey, upped dosage, skated right past the bad stuff.

Lord knows I picked up a couple cloves for adding to my soup lunches.

It would seem the best use of this would be to keep people away from you!
    LOL. Yes! But if it works...
    G.K. Chesterton, “It’s the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense.”

"If anyone shall be outside the ark of Noe he shall perish when the flood prevails." St Jerome

Truth

Peace

I made it about 10 or 15 years ago, here is the recipe, lots of good stuff in it besides the garlic.
    I still have it in my fridge.

Dr. Christopher’s Anti-Plague Formula

Mix well the following liquid ingredients:

8 parts apple cider vinegar
    5 parts glycerine
    5 parts honey
    2 parts garlic juice, fresh
    2 parts comfrey root concentrate
    1 part wormwood concentrate
    1 part lobelia leaf concentrate
    1 part marshmallow root concentrate
    1 part oak bark concentrate
    1 part black walnut bark concentrate
    1 part mullein leaf concentrate
    1 part skullcap leaf concentrate
    1 part uva ursi, hydrangea or gravel root concentrate

To make concentrates:

Each concentrate should be made individually. Start by soaking the herb in enough distilled water to cover it, for four hours, over night if it is a root. After soaking, add more distilled water so that the total added equals 16 oz. water per 4 oz. of herb. Use a multiple of these amounts for larger batches. Using this amount will make approx. one gallon of Anti-Plague.
    Simmer the herb on very low heat in a covered pan or double boiler for thirty minutes. Then strain the liquid into a clean pan. Put the liquid into a double boiler or on very low heat uncovered and simmer it down to one-fourth of the original volume (4 oz.) Only after all the ingredients have been prepared should the liquids be mixed. (Use only stainless steel pots.)

To make Garlic Juice: for the above amount use 2 1/2 lbs. of garlic - peel, blend in blender with vinegar (do not liquify). Let set for 3 days, shaking several times per day. Squeeze out liquid and measure. If needed add more vinegar to equal the 8 parts.

To purchase Dr. Christopher's Original Herbal Formulas, bulk herbs, books, CD's & videos visit our friends at Herbs First.

Herbs First has a great kit with all the herbs for making the Anti Plague Formula.

Truth

Peace

What epidemics did this treat in the past?

#141:

HEALTH experts are warning there is “something different” about a new Black Death outbreak spreading across the world.

#134:

safe unless the disease morphs to the point that no antibiotics work against it, if that happens then it is really panic time.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    #141:

Yea, "something different" alright, wonder what that is or could it be "someone" helped it along as in engineered.

dup

What we have is a plague that is mostly airborne, the worst possible mode, and is becoming resistant to most common antibiotics used against it, while having a short incubation, rapid onset, and a high mortality rate.

Nope, no problem, move along, nothing to see here.

I can say from personal experience it is 100% effective in repelling vampires, yeti, and pink elephants.

Quote Originally Posted by WestGardener View Post
    Yea, "something different" alright, wonder what that is or could it be "someone" helped it along as in engineered.
    Nature is a mother ******

What we have is a plague that is mostly airborne, the worst possible mode, and is becoming resistant to most common antibiotics used against it, while having a short incubation, rapid onset, and a high mortality rate.

Nope, no problem, move along, nothing to see here.

The worst posable outcome this will kill off 8/10th of the problem that created the problem, it will take many decades for the population to build back up for it to happen again.

Have moved this post to alternative medicines. Want to add to it and don't want to derail the news thread.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...85#post6654985
    Last edited by almost ready; 10-30-2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: to move to new thread

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/madagas...gilance-48693/

There are numbers in that article that take us up to October 27th, if accurate.

From 1 August to 27 October 2017, a total of 1,554 suspected cases of plague, including 113 deaths (case fatality rate 7%), were reported. Of these, 985 (63%) were clinically classified as pulmonary plague, 230 (15%) were bubonic plague, 1 was septicemic, and 338 were unspecified (further classification of cases is in process). Since the beginning of the outbreak, 71 healthcare workers (with no deaths) have been affected.