Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BLOG I just found out that Someone I briefly date years ago died four years ago
+ Reply to Thread

I just found out that Someone I briefly date years ago died four years ago

I only just found out today. Apparently she died in 2013. I never knew until today. I mean we only dated briefly and she broke it off. Weird. She was only 42 when she died! Worse, her widowed mother outlived her only daughter. Ugh

I wonder what she died of???
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

Its the way things happen in this world. 2012 was a crazy year for my family and first was my uncle died from agent orange he had come in contact with in the air force back in 1964-1965.
    Then my grandmother a few months later, next was another uncle and then dad and all of this within 7 months. My grandfather was sitting there beside himself just having lost three son in laws and a wife.
    Grand dad is now 94 at this point and time he has out lived everyone he grew up with and went to school with.

I there are a few people that I grew up knowing that passed away and I did not learn of it until two, three even five years later, my sister is my grape vine from home town and tells me about these things as she learns about it.
    Last edited by Publius; 10-12-2017 at 05:24 PM.

I know it is just weird. I don't know what is worse, knowing,however distantly, dying so suddenly at such a young age, or just by chance finding out today over four years later. Her FB pages is being maintained as a sort of memorial where people post about missing her on her birthday. Just by chance finding that post was a bit spooky.

Well just chalk it up to another weird event in a very topsy turvy weird week.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Hope it wasn't AIDS.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Whatever it was it was very sudden. She was posting on facebook on a Tuesday and two days later people were posting RIP on her FB page. That seems quite sudden to me. To be honest she like her creamy deserts, a lot.

Maybe a car accident
    Wicker agmfan3

Sorry Meadow, it is an odd kind of feeling. Had a similar thing happen in April. Guy I was tight with out of highschool/college- we'd both moved out of state and fell out of touch over the years.
    One of the most decent men whom I've ever met, and I felt the loss even though it was almost 20 years since we were daily parts of each other's life. Anyway, I got some of the old gang together,
    smoked a brisket, etc. It helped take the weird out of it, and felt right.
    Idiocy is a communicable disease, spread by contact with media.

I just don't know. No explanation.

As one of my still living friends said recently about all our other friends and acquaintances who have shockingly passed in the last few years -- it must be around that time for us, seeing as we're getting old.

I still can't believe it. Some of them died young, some of their kids went before them, one of my old fiances died young (but knowing him and his drug problem..... well...), I don't know. Some died of cancer, one died after a fire, one keeled over on the potty like Elvis, the others I'm not sure. Frankly, I'm amazed I am still here.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Probably died of a broken heart

Most of us are getting to that age bracket when, well, it's time to die. I'm sixty and have already lost a lot of friends who've died from both natural causes and traumatic events. Interestingly, my "sharp edge" buddies who were combat vets and other high-risk types seem to usually die from disease and the guys who lived more sedentary lives seem more prone to die in auto accidents or other traumatic events. Go figure. I have long laughed at people who refer to those in their fifties or sixties as middle-aged. What? You expect to live to over a hundred or a hundred and twenty? Even most forty year-olds don't make eighty. Middle age should more rightfully be considered to be around 35.

Best regards
    Doc

Try going to your high school reunion and taking a look at the 'Memory Board.' Shocking to see how many died over the years.......some in car accidents; some from serving in Vietnam; others to cancer and suicide. Then I looked at the men in my life. My dad has died; my step dad has died, my former husband died at 54; my favorite uncle has died; a guy I once dated died. Many of the men in my life are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    Most of us are getting to that age bracket when, well, it's time to die. I'm sixty and have already lost a lot of friends who've died from both natural causes and traumatic events. Interestingly, my "sharp edge" buddies who were combat vets and other high-risk types seem to usually die from disease and the guys who lived more sedentary lives seem more prone to die in auto accidents or other traumatic events. Go figure. I have long laughed at people who refer to those in their fifties or sixties as middle-aged. What? You expect to live to over a hundred or a hundred and twenty? Even most forty year-olds don't make eighty. Middle age should more rightfully be considered to be around 35.

Best regards
    Doc
    People I notice seem to be dying younger - frequently in their fifties. Sometimes, when I can feel my heart racing after some not so impressive exertion, I wonder if I will be one of them. Forty-eight, still, for the next few weeks. My maternal grand-parents both lived to 94. I'm non expecting to make it anywhere near that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    Whatever it was it was very sudden. She was posting on facebook on a Tuesday and two days later people were posting RIP on her FB page. That seems quite sudden to me. To be honest she like her creamy deserts, a lot.

Are you sure she wasn't Wednesday? Fess up MeadowLurch or Uncle Fess-ter will light you up.

We have the video proof, you know. I have a Thing about this.... that girl was trying to show you how to groove. And she was real cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYZXH20BYA

It's a weird feeling, isn't it. I recently had the same experience: I learned that a girl I never got over, one I kept hoping might come back into my life, died. All those what-might-have-been thoughts, etc. Just weird, never expected it.

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    It's always difficult to lose an old friend. Makes you think about your own mortality.

I look in the mirror every morning and wonder "Who - Is - This - Old - Fart!" I don't feel old mentally, but physically I can tell. I think about the folks I've known along the way that completed their runs early from accident, disease or plain bad luck. Sure makes you feel really humble and luck at the same time.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

In fairness, we were not at all close. Just friends at best. Like I said, she broke it off. And needless to say, I had not been in touch with her for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    I only just found out today. Apparently she died in 2013. I never knew until today. I mean we only dated briefly and she broke it off. Weird. She was only 42 when she died! Worse, her widowed mother outlived her only daughter. Ugh

I wonder what she died of???
    Google her name and add obituary to the search. I find out all kinds of things about people this way. I found my deceased brother this way - a friend died and while searching for his obituary, I was sent to a site called "find a grave." Sure enough, I typed his name in and it lead me to Wichita Kansas where his final resting place is. Sent away for his death certificate and wished I hadn't, he went down hard. So, think about that before you go searching as to how she died.

"Google" her name, something may answer your question.

Send one of her Facebook friends a message and ask how she died.

Ain't that the truth.
    Had my first heart attack at 47, rheumatoid arthritis kicked in around the same time. Making it to 48 was HUGE to me-and each year after I count like pearls on a necklace. Fall is coming on, and I can REALLY feel the arthritis this year. Moreso than in the past.
    If I make it to 60 I'm feeling lucky. My dad died at 68 so if I can make it to then, then I'll consider that living a full life. Any years past that I'll consider a bonus.
    I just turned 53-my mind feels like I'm 18, my body hurts like hell. Middle age for me was 35-38, I'd figure looking back on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post

Best regards
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by SusieSunshine View Post
    "Google" her name, something may answer your question.
    Already did. Nothing

Live like you're going to live forever. Live like you're going to die tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Grand dad is now 94 at this point and time he has out lived everyone he grew up with and went to school with.
    This is the way it was for my parents. They both lived into their 90's. By the time they passed, there was no one except immediate family and a few cousins to come to the funerals. They outlived all their friends, siblings, and most of their extended family. I remember showing my father a group picture taken at his parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary party in hopes that he could identify the people. He burst into tears, very unusual for him to show this kind of emotion, because he had outlived everyone else in the photo.

This has been our year for feeling our mortality. We are 61 and 65 years old. We lost so many friends and family members this year, as recently as last weekend with one cousin, we are still reeling. The most difficult were DH's brother and his wife. SIL died of complications following routine surgery. BIL died suddenly two months later of cardiac arrest with no history of heart problems. They were both close to our age. Our attitude about life and making the best of the time we have been given has really changed. We no longer take anything for granted and especially not each other or our children/grandchildren.
    Terri in Indiana

Roger Whittaker got it right:
    The First Hello, the Last Goodbye
    Roger Whittaker

They say when you gain a lover
    You begin to lose a friend
    That the end of the beginning's
    The beginning of the end
    They say the moment that you're born
    Is when you start to die
    And the first time that we said hello
    Began our last goodbye

We know each summer's coming
    Means the winter's waiting there
    And gold would not be precious
    If we all had gold to spare
    You only know how low is low
    The first time that you fly
    Began our last goodbye

If I could live forever
    It is certain I would never know
    Another single second so sublime
    At the moment of our meeting
    When our hands first touched in greeting
    How I wanted to hold back the hands of time

When they begin the overture
    They start to end the show
    When you think I'll never need you
    Then I knew that you would go
    The sound of all our laughter
    Is now echoed in a sigh
    Began our last goodbye

If I could live forever
    It's certain I would never know
    Another single second so sublime
    At the moment of our meeting
    When our hands first touched in greeting
    How I wanted to hold back the hands of time, oh yes

When they begin the overture
    They start to end the show
    When you think I'll never need you
    Then I knew that you would go
    The sound of all our laughter
    Is now echoed in a sigh
    Began our last goodbye
    Began our last goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPj8N0TKw0
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed

Its a strange deal for me................I'm 63 but have taken care of myself my whole adult life with weight training and eating right along with some very good genetics........as a result I look decades younger but I always tell people don't judge a book by its cover because everything inside me is 63 years old........

There is no question I don't feel like I did when I was in my 20-40s........which is to be expected but I have a feeling that all of a sudden age is going to catch up on me fast one of these days real soon and I will really start showing that.................but for now I've been able to cheat it so to speak with my lifestyle choices....but in the long run its a losing battle.

My goal is just to maintain as high a quality of life as I can for as long as I can..........while my girlfriends ALS constantly remains me of how temporary and frail our physical form really is......

I just found the cause, pulmonary embolism. She must have just dropped.