Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

REL GENRL 10-13-2017 - The 100th Anniversary of "The Miracle of the Sun", Fatima Portugal
+ Reply to Thread

10-13-2017 - The 100th Anniversary of "The Miracle of the Sun", Fatima Portugal

The Miracle of Fatima was an entire series of apparitions seen by three young shepherd children over a period of many months. The apparition was seen and heard only by the three young children.

At the request of the children, a public sign was promised by the Lady of Fatima and on October 13, 1917 that promise was revealed to tens of thousands of skeptics and faithful.

The Miracle of the Sun (Portuguese: O Milagre do Sol) was an event that occurred on 13 October 1917, attended by a large crowd who had gathered near Fátima, Portugal in response to a prophecy made by three shepherd children that the Virgin Mary, referred to as Our Lady of Fatima, would appear and perform miracles on that date. Newspapers published testimony from reporters and other people who claimed to have witnessed extraordinary solar activity, such as the sun appearing to "dance" or zig-zag in the sky, careen towards the earth, or emit multicolored light and radiant colors. According to these reports, the event lasted approximately ten minutes.

The local bishop opened a canonical investigation of the event in November of 1917, to review witness accounts and assess whether the alleged private revelation from Mary were compatible with Catholic theology. The local priest conducting the investigation was particularly convinced by the concurring testimony of extraordinary solar phenomenon from secular reporters, government officials, and other skeptics in attendance.[1] Bishop José da Silva declared the miracle "worthy of belief" on 13 October 1930, permitting "officially the cult of Our Lady of Fatima" within the Catholic Church.[2] At a gathering on 13 October 1951 at Fátima, the papal legate, Cardinal Tedeschini, told the million people attending that on 30 October, 31 October, 1 November, and 8 November 1950, Pope Pius XII himself witnessed the miracle of the sun from the Vatican gardens.[3][4] The early and enduring interest in the miracle and related prophesies has had a significant impact on the devotional practices of Catholics.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

la marzulli recently finished an investigation on fatima getting into original documents and witnesses, very fascinating, things are not what they seem or what we have been told.

https://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/tag/fatima/
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FATIMA

1. WHAT IS THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA?

The Message of Fatima consists of a number of precise predictions, requests, warnings and promises concerning the Faith and the world which were conveyed by the Blessed Virgin Mary to three shepherd children--Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco--in a series of apparitions at Fatima, Portugal from May to October 1917.

2. WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA?

You should believe the Message of Fatima because:

(1) It was confirmed by an unprecedented public miracle, the Miracle of the Sun, which occurred at precisely the moment Lucia said it would. More than 70,000 people, including Masons, communists and atheists, saw the sun, contrary to all cosmic laws, twirl in the sky, throw off colors and descend to earth. The event was reported in newspapers around the world, including the New York Times.

(2) All of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic. Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."

(3) Many other miracles have been performed by God authenticating the Fatima Message as coming from Him, not only at the time of the Miracle of the Sun, October 13, 1917, but down the years to the present day, miracles of conversions and cures which science cannot explain by natural means.

(4) The Message of Fatima accurately predicted world events, which proves that it is a true prophecy.

3. WHAT DID THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA PREDICT?

The Message of Fatima accurately predicted in 1917 all of the following events which came to pass:

(1) the end of World War I;

(2) the emergence of Russia as a world power which would "spread its errors (including Communism) throughout the world ... raising up wars and persecutions against the Church";

(3) the election of a Pope who would be named Pius XI;

(4) the waging of a second World War following a strange light in the night sky.

The Message of Fatima also predicted that if the requests of the Virgin Mary at Fatima are not honored, many souls will be lost, "the Holy Father will have much to suffer", there will be further wars and persecutions of the Church and "various nations will be annihilated." The annihilation of nations predicted at Fatima has not yet occurred, but many fear that it will soon happen, given the growing immorality and corruption of the world.

4. WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA REQUEST?

At Fatima Our Lady said that God wished to establish in the world devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our Lady said that many souls would be saved from Hell and the annihilation of nations averted if, in time, devotion to Her Immaculate Heart were established principally by these two means:

1) the Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by the Pope together with the world's bishops in a solemn public ceremony, and

(2) the practice or receiving Holy Communion (and other specific devotions of about 1/2 hour in duration) in reparation for the sins committed against the Blessed Virgin Mary, on the first Saturdays of five consecutive months--a practice known to Catholics as "the First Saturday" devotion.

5. HAVE THESE REQUESTS OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA BEEN HONORED?

No, not entirely. A number of the Faithful practice the "First Saturday" devotion, but Russia has yet to be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in a solemn public ceremony conducted by the Pope together with the world's Catholic bishops.

In 1982 the last surviving Fatima seer, Lucia, who is now a cloistered nun living in Coimbra, Portugal, was asked if an attempted consecration by Pope John Paul II had sufficed. She replied that it did not suffice, because Russia was not mentioned and the world's bishops had not participated. Another attempted consecration in 1984 likewise did not mention Russia or involve the participation of many of the world's bishops, and Sister Lucia stated immediately afterwards that this consecration, too, had failed to meet Our Lady's requirements.

6. WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA WARN?

It warns that if the requests of Our Lady of Fatima for the Consecration of Russia and the First Saturday devotion are not honored, the Church will be persecuted, there will be other major wars, the Holy Father will have much to suffer and various nations will be annihilated. Many nations will be enslaved by Russian militant atheists. Most important, many souls will be lost.

7. WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA PROMISE?

The Message of Fatima promises that if the requests of Our Lady of Fatima are carried out "My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will Consecrate Russia to Me, which will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to mankind."

8. ISN'T IT TRUE THAT THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA WAS DONE IN 1984 AND THAT THE "FALL OF COMMUNISM" PROVES THAT THE CONSECRATION WAS EFFECTIVE AND THAT RUSSIA IS NOW CONVERTING?

No, it is not true. We know it is not true because:

(1) On March 25, 1984, after the consecration of the world, Pope John Paul II said twice that Our Lady of Fatima's request for the consecration of Russia was not done.

(2) Soon after the attempted Consecration of 1984, which did not mention Russia or involve the participation of the world's bishops, Sister Lucia stated it was insufficient because it did not meet the requirements specified to her by Our Lady.

(3) Since 1984 the moral and spiritual state of the world has obviously grown far worse: In the past 14 years there have been 600 million abortions, and wars have broken out all over the world. Mercy-killing and homosexual acts have been "legalized". In Russia itself a new law has just been passed which discriminates against the Catholic Church and in favor of Islam, Buddhism, Judaism and the Orthodox churches which forcibly occupied Catholic parishes under the Communists. Thus it is clear Russia is not converted to the Catholic Faith as Our Lady of Fatima promised would happen if Her request was done.

(4) There have been very few conversions to Catholicism in Russia over the past fourteen years. In all of Russia today there are only 300,000 Catholics--much less than one percent of the Russian population. By comparison, after Our Lady appeared at Guadalupe, Mexico in the 16th Century, more than 7 million Mexicans converted from paganism to the Catholic Faith within nine years and Mexico became a Catholic country.

9. WHY IS THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY?

The Message of Fatima is important to you and your family because it involves the salvation of souls, peace in the world and, if the requests of Our Lady of Fatima are not carried out, the consequences are the annihilation of nations and the enslavement of all mankind under militant atheists of Russia.

10. BUT ISN'T THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA JUST A PRIVATE REVELATION WHICH NO CATHOLIC HAS TO BELIEVE?

No, it is not just a private revelation. It is a public, prophetic revelation given by the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God. It is not to be confused with "Revelation" or as it is also called, the Deposit of the Faith, which ended with the death of the last Apostle. But public, prophetic revelation must not be despised. The Virgin Mary's prophecy was confirmed by a public miracle and authenticated by a whole line of Popes. Also, its predictions have come true.

So, while belief in the Message of Fatima may not strictly be required of Catholics as an article of faith, one would be very foolish to disregard such an obviously authentic message from Heaven. As St. Paul taught: "Despise not prophecies, but prove all things; hold fast to that which is good." (1 Thess. 5:20-21) The prophecy of Fatima has been proven worthy of belief. We should not despise it, but rather hold fast to what Our Lady told us at Fatima.

http://www.fatima.org/whyfatima.asp
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    la marzulli recently finished an investigation on fatima getting into original documents and witnesses, very fascinating, things are not what they seem or what we have been told.

https://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/tag/fatima/
    After a hundred years he comes up with this crap? My most charitable comment is 'fake news'.
    G.K. Chesterton, “It’s the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense.”

"If anyone shall be outside the ark of Noe he shall perish when the flood prevails." St Jerome

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Truth

Pray for the Consecration of Russia.

Peace

(4) the waging of a second World War following a strange light in the night sky.
    My mother in law was a 10 year old girl in Poland and saw lights in the sky, along with others in Europe, right before the war. DH told me this a long time ago.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Cue the Catholic bashing in 5, 4, 3, 2....
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    My mother in law was a 10 year old girl in Poland and saw lights in the sky, along with others in Europe, right before the war. DH told me this a long time ago.
    My mother was about the same age living in Europe at that time.

I'll ask her about her recollections.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    My mother was about the same age living in Europe at that time.

I'll ask her about her recollections.
    Pretty sure when DH told me it was in connection with the Fatima prophecies, they are well known in Poland. I think the lights were said to be aurora borealis but very intense. I'll ask him what he remembers.

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Quote Originally Posted by eens View Post
    After a hundred years he comes up with this crap? My most charitable comment is 'fake news'.
    eens..I bought the CD weeks ago.
    Very creditable research into at the time documents.
    And what is still locked up in the church.
    From what I’m seeing this was controlled by the Jesuits priests.
    With that said, how come our current Jesuit Pope Fancies said he would Baptize aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by minkykat View Post
    Cue the Catholic bashing in 5, 4, 3, 2....
    why is it always called 'catholic bashing' when someone questions the teachings or positions of that organization?

if i research and question islam is that islam-bashing?
    if i research and question the teachings of LDS, JW, SB, joel-with-the-big-teeth, hillsong church, etc is that bashing when pointing out errors?

God can use Anything for His Holy Purpose. but that does not make the RCC holy. this whole mary thing is a perfect example of its excess and exaggeration over the Centuries. early letters say she died in epheusu and was buried in a tomb. after some years too many ppl started going there for a sort of pilgrimage and praying to her . this horrified the disciples and church in ephesus so they moved her remains and dismantled the tomb. they did not want anything resembling any of the goddess cults building up around her, JESUS is the focus, always was and always was supposed to be. not his mother. myths and legends grew up around her til it was declared she Must have been so holy and pure she had to have been born without sin and never died but was bodily assumed into heaven, they made it up and over time people Ate it up. just because there is a supernatural occurrence or miracles that does not prove its a manifestation from heaven.,

if you are being/have been LIED to dont you want to know?

if you want to defend an organization you owe it to yourself to look into the closets to examine all the skeletons to determine it it is worthy of Your loyalty. when i was a RC i did the homework. this mary stuff is a pretty, sentimental dangerous lie.

try the DVD, ,.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    This mary stuff is a pretty, sentimental dangerous lie.
    Aw, Jazzy. As we say in the South, bless your heart.
    "Doom is always a day away..."

Somehow I don't think Jesus would appreciate people saying nasty things about his mother.

I'll be 91 years old next month.
    I was born in Northern Italy. When 7 years old we moved West, about 3 miles south of the Swiss border.
    I vividly remember the evening and early night when the clouds in the sky were fast moving northerly toward Switzerland:
    A VERY DARK BLOODY RED COLOR, roundish shapes, moving very fast, scary to see.
    During my long life I have never seen anything like that again.
    I think that it probably was January 1938.
    Lucia
    Last edited by Cimbri; 10-13-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    eens..I bought the CD weeks ago.
    Very creditable research into at the time documents.
    And what is still locked up in the church.
    From what I’m seeing this was controlled by the Jesuits priests.
    With that said, how come our current Jesuit Pope Fancies said he would Baptize aliens.
    Since this thread is about Our Lady of Fatima I will not address the problems in the Church, start another thread for that.

Take a look at this, I hate to even publicize this blasphemous so called depiction of the Blessed Virgin but it proves that he is spreading evil lies about Jesus' Mother. This is what Marzulli claims appeared to the 3 children in 1917! Obviously, I am referring to the image of the left. It looks like a hooker from the 60's, go-go boots and all.

Does ANYONE actually think that the 3 innocent Catholic shepherd children in 1917 would believe 'she' is from Heaven? Absolutely not.
    Attached Images
    G.K. Chesterton, “It’s the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense.”

"If anyone shall be outside the ark of Noe he shall perish when the flood prevails." St Jerome

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Truth

Pray for the Consecration of Russia.

Peace

4:28 runtime

A 1952 film reenactment of the miracle,

Fatima's "Miracle of the Sun"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGrjIY2QnYc

"Only the fools say there is no God."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Newspapers published testimony from reporters and other people who claimed to have witnessed extraordinary solar activity, such as the sun appearing to "dance" or zig-zag in the sky, careen towards the earth, or emit multicolored light and radiant colors. According to these reports, the event lasted approximately ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbri View Post
    I'll be 91 years old next month.
    I was born in Northern Italy. When 7 years old we moved West, about 3 miles south of the Swiss border.
    I vividly remember the evening and early night when the clouds in the sky were fast moving northerly toward Switzerland:
    A VERY DARK BLOODY RED COLOR, roundish shapes, moving very fast, scary to see.
    During my long life I have never seen anything like that again.
    I think that it probably was January 1938.
    Lucia
    I am so impressed with the experience and knowledge base found on TB2k. I am blown away by it, in fact.

Thanks for sharing Cimbri!

IIRC DH said his mother told him she had seen red in the sky, too.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    I know this thread is about Fatima but I would like to add a thread drift of sorts to validate Fatima's miracle of the sun with my own personal miracle of the sun which involves Medjugorgia......

Here's my story:
    Medjugorje Message
    or
    My Story Of A Sun Miracle

It was on a hot, summer day, (Aren’t they all?) in the year 1986, when a miracle took place in our small, Louisiana town of about 2,000.

At the time, we were a young family with 3 elementary aged children, very active in the usual summer sports of baseball for my son and soft ball for my 2 girls. I worked days and my husband worked shift, allowing him to be there for practices, etc. which is where they were for that particular day.

As a personal, spiritual background at the time, both my husband and I having been raised Catholic, considered ourselves former Catholics and had been away for years since both of our late teens. However, because we considered ourselves as Christians and loved God with all our hearts, we did occasionally take our kids to basically, the only church in town, which is the Catholic church. (The only other church was a very, very small Missionary Baptist. Not our cup of tea.)

My husband’s widowed mother of course was very Catholic, as was most, her age. It was his mother who told me about an upcoming miracle that was supposed to take place in our town at a certain time.

She said, some of her close friends from church had made a pilgrimage to a place called, Medjugorje, Yugoslavia earlier that year, which is where the Virgin Mary was supposedly appearing to a group of young teens in that town on a regular basis. Great miracles were occurring there.

Well, they returned from the trip and some time later, one of them received a long distance phone call from an interpreter for one of the visionary children who received a heavenly, message from Mary, that God was going to gift a miracle of the sun for our town on such and such date, at 6:00 pm. (For the life of me, I cannot remember the date.)

I do have to say, that after listening to this, I had to roll my eyes in doubt but I didn’t show that to my Mother in law. Later, I chided myself for almost laughing because as a Christian I do believe in miracles and though I may not have believed her, I did respect her.

Well anyway, the prescribed day came around and as usual, I was home finishing dinner after work and my husband was due to return from practice with the kids. I was always a sceptic but also curious, so, I turned off the stove and went out at exactly 6:00 to the front porch to see this “sun miracle” that was “supposed” to happen.

Well, it was a bust. The sun was just as bright as always and I was not surprised.

Moving on with my thoughts and since I was out there, I decided to wait for the family on the swing thinking how nice it was to have a few minutes before dinner, then clean-up, then baths, then nightgown time!!! As I sat down, it wasn’t very long when I saw the red bricks on the opposite side of the porch taking on some strange colors and vibrations. (My swing was facing away from the sun.) I got up and went on the front grass to look up and then I saw it.

It took a moment to realize what I was seeing but THE sun was actually dancing and throbbing around!!!

Yes, the brightness was there all right but there was a huge, soft, grey, disk in front of it and that disk stayed in the front all the while it was dancing, allowing me to watch the dance safely. Not only that but as it danced, there were all kinds of colors of the rainbow, dancing and throbbing in a circle around and around and around it! Even some of the small clouds close by, picked up the color as it swirled around!

There are no words to describe it more accurately. I watched in absolute awe and pure wonder.

In the beginning, it was at least 20 minutes straight, because that’s when a neighbor came by and asked me what I was looking at? I then told him the story my Mother in law told me. Of course he looked up to see but surprisingly, he didn’t see it and turned quickly away, with painful squinting, saying it looked like the same sun to him!

Still watching, not long after, my other neighbor across the street came to see what we were looking at and I relayed the same story and just like the other guy, he couldn’t see it either. Not only that but he was a little more than worried about the danger and came out with loads of warnings that I was going to burn my retinas and go blind!!! I brushed his worries aside as I stood and stared at the sun, reassuring him that God had put a protective disk in front.

Now, this was an unusual scene and consequently, it brought another neighbor down the street from the opposite direction to see why we were all standing about in the heat of the day. As she walked up to ask what was going on, I asked her to turn around and look at the sun, then tell us what she saw?

Well, her reaction was totally different than the other two. She looked and said. “What in the world is that sun doing?” “I’ve NEVER seen it do that!!!” She was seeing and describing the same thing I was seeing! I then asked her if by any chance she heard about Medjugordja or any other kind of ”message” but she never heard about it. I then told her what my Mother in Law said.

All in all, this experience lasted about an hour and when it was finished, everyone went home. My husband (Who forgot about the message) came driving up and the first thing he said was, he and the kids saw the sun do some mighty strange things, so they saw it too, a mile away!

So now comes the question.

Was this a scientific, atmospheric phenomena? I would say that it possibility could be, if all of us saw it. If we all saw it, we would still be amazed for sure but there would be a possible, logical explanation we know some scientist might explain. However, since only 2 of the 4 not only witnessed it but witnessed it without damaging their eyes, one can only come to a conclusion there was no, atmospheric explanation.

Was this vision due to wishful, subliminal, hysteria? Well, perhaps a psychiatrist would say so, if I was with the group of parishioners standing outside the church when the time came. I actually didn’t know they met till days later, so that lack of knowledge had no impact on me. The real test came with the fact that the last neighbor had zero influence, “pre-conditioning” or even a hint of what to look for, what so ever. This eliminates any sort of unconscious, conditioned, hysteria.

The medical fact or PROOF if you will, is that despite staring directly at the Sun for an extended amount of time, neither of us burned our retinas, or went blind, no matter the hypothesis. In fact, I retained my 20/20 vision and didn’t even need glasses till I was in my late 40’s!

Bottom line is, this was indeed, a bonafide, 100% MIRACLE from GOD!!!

So, now what? What did I do with this miracle???

Well, I’ll tell you what I “didn’t” do, first.

Having experienced a couple miracles not associated with any church, no, I did not drop down to my knees, say the rosary and go back home to the Catholic Church as one would think. (That will come later.)

Because this was so monumental to me, I decided to take the experience slow, think about it, pray about it and savor the wonderful gift God gave me.

I came out of this experience, with the surprising, yet not-surprising realization that Our God, Our Creator, can indeed create the entire universe and love all of us at the same time! What was a stupendous miracle for me, was just an effortless, teensy, tiny taste of His immense power from Him.

I also came out with the knowledge that our Mother Mary was indeed assumed into Heaven just like I was originally taught as a child but dismissed as false, later in life.

Though this was so many years ago, I can never forget it. What a wonderful gift Our Lord gave to me!!!

(I have, like I said, lovingly returned to the Catholic Church and yes, I do say the rosary daily. Tomorrow, our Parish is going to hold a rosary rally in front of the Church to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the Fatima miracle.

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art though amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and the hour at our death, Amen.)

What an amazing story Terriannie. I really appreciate you telling it here. I am a practicing Catholic. I say the Rosary several times a week.

I have no trouble with any of the Mysteries as they are almost all straight from the bible. The last two Glorious mysteries are not right out of the bible so I have been searching catholic books and literature to find where they might have come from.

I believe every word you wrote, and so this helps me to accept The Assumption of Mary while I continue my research.

Thank you.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/josep...-meets-the-eye

A crowd watches the ‘Miracle of the Sun’ during the apparition of Our Lady of Fatima on October 13, 1917. (Illustração Portuguesa)

Blogs | Oct. 13, 2017

Fatima’s October 13 Apparition: More Than Meets the Eye

The 100th Anniversary of Fatima on Oct. 13 highlights must-know-and-do messages behind the Miracle.

Joseph Pronechen

We’re heard much about the Miracle of the Sun, thanks be to God, that startled 70,000-plus people at the Cova da Iria 100 years ago on Oct. 13.

Instead of repeating basic details of the Miracle that Our Lady had promised in July saying, in October I will tell you who I am and what I want. I will then perform a miracle so that all may believe, and in August repeated, In the last month I will perform a miracle so that all may believe, and again in September reminded, In October I will perform a miracle so that all may believe, let’s look at what some eyewitnesses to the miracle said, and importantly, some basics of what Lucia described about that day and later emphasized were major instructions from Our Lady for all of us.

Our Lady’s Revelations

That day, when Lucia asked what Our Lady requested, she first answered, I want a chapel built here in my honor.

Then Our Lady followed with her constant monthly instruction, I want you to continue saying the Rosary every day.

Next, she told the children, The war will end soon, and the soldiers will return to their homes (referring to World War I)

Then, she identified herself as she had promised. I am the Lady of the Rosary.

In just a few words that’s clearly two references to the importance of the Rosary.

Lucia asked if Our Lady would grant the numerous petitions for her from the people. Our Lady answered, Some I shall grant, and others I must deny.

Then came more major guidance — People must amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins. They must not offend our Lord any more, for He is already too much offended!

Remember, in July Our Lady told the children if men do not refrain from offending God, there would be another and more terrible war (World War II).

As Our Lady left, she directed attention to the sun. Here we want to look first at what just a pinch of eyewitness descriptions. Then we’ll turn to other visions appearing that day to the children, and finally it’s imperative we listen to the urgent, vital message of Our Lady — things so obvious yet so easily ignored.

Eye Witness Accounts

Here’s a sample of what eyewitnesses said. More detail is recounted here.

https://www.ewtn.com/fatima/sixth-ap...f-our-lady.asp

Jacinta and Francisco’s father Ti Marto said it was most extraordinary the sun didn’t hurt their eyes. “Everything was still and quiet, and everyone was looking up. Then at a certain moment, the sun appeared to stop spinning. It then began to move and to dance in the sky until it seemed to detach itself from its place and fall upon us. It was a terrible moment.”

Maria de Capelinha who later became custodian of the original chapel built there, described how everything turned “different colors — yellow, blue and white.” Then the sun “shook and trembled. It looked like a wheel of fire that was going to fall on the people. They began to cry out, ‘We shall all be killed!’ Others called to Our Lady to save them. They recited acts of contrition. One woman began to confess her sins aloud…When at last the sun stopped leaping and moving, we all breathed our relief. We were still alive, and the miracle which the children had foretold, had been seen by everyone.”

A professor from Coimbra University described the vision in vivid detail, from the sun looking like “a glazed wheel made of mother-of-pearl,” to noting it “spun round on itself in a mad whirl. Then, suddenly, one heard a clamor, a cry of anguish breaking from all the people. The sun, whirling wildly, seemed to loosen itself from the firmament and advance threateningly upon the earth as if to crush us with its huge and fiery weight. The sensation during those moments was terrible.”

Even the quite anti-clerical major Lisbon newspaper described the event with respect, even awe at times, mentioning how the spectators were shouting: ‘A miracle! A miracle!’ The account recalled the reverence of an elderly man. “With his face turned to the sun, he recited the Credo in a loud voice…I saw him afterwards going up to those around him who still had their hats on, and vehemently imploring them to uncover before such an extraordinary demonstration of the existence of God.”

In fact, the Miracle was seen and experienced by others far from the Cova. One man wrote how he observed it from nearly 25 miles away. And Father Ignacio Lorenco was at the time a nine-year-old schoolboy 11 miles away. The children were outside as he described “the great Miracle, which one could see quite distinctly from the top of the hill where my village was situated.” The sun “suddenly seemed to come down in a zigzag, menacing the earth. Terrified, I ran and hid myself among the people, who were weeping and expecting the end of the world at any moment.”

Many nonbelievers converted that day even at a distance. Father Lorenco noted, “Near us was an unbeliever who had spent the morning mocking at the simpletons who had gone off to Fatima just to see an ordinary girl. He now seemed to be paralyzed, his eyes fixed on the sun. Afterwards he trembled from head to foot and lifting up his arms fell on his knees in the mud, crying out to our Lady.”

He said people were asking God to forgive their sins. “We all ran to the two chapels in the village, which were soon filled to overflowing. During those long moments of the solar prodigy, objects around us turned all the colors of the rainbow. We saw ourselves blue, yellow, red, etc.…When the people realized that the danger was over, there was an explosion of joy, and everyone joined in thanksgiving and praise to our Lady.”

Three Visions Follow Miracle

In her Memoirs (and here), Sister Lucia describes the three visions immediately following the Miracle of the Sun. Back in September Our Lady prepared them when she said: In October Our Lord will come, as well as Our Lady of Sorrows and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Saint Joseph will appear with the Child Jesus to bless the world.

Lucia described seeing “St. Joseph with the Child Jesus and Our Lady robed in white with a blue mantle, beside the sun. St. Joseph and the Child Jesus appeared to bless the world, for they traced the Sign of the Cross with their hands.”

Next appeared “Our Lord and Our Lady; it seemed to me that it was Our Lady of Dolors (Sorrows). Our Lord appeared to bless the world in the same manner as St. Joseph had done.”

When this apparition vanished, she “saw Our Lady once more, this time resembling Our Lady of Carmel.” Our Lady was telling us about the brown scapular. Lucia later affirmed “the scapular and the Rosary are inseparable. The scapular is a sign of consecration to Our Lady.’” And devotion (and consecration) to the Immaculate Heart is one of the “must-do’s” as we learned in the June and July apparitions.

Families Best Model

In her book “CALLS” from the Message of Fatima, written when she was a Carmelite,

Sister Lucia had much to say about what she saw God wished to tell us with the apparitions — the “Calls” of Fatima.

On Oct. 13, that vision of the Holy Family together after the Miracle of the Sun surely spoke of what was coming if we didn’t heed Fatima’s calls. Sr. Lucia wrote in the latter half of the century:

“In times such as the present, when the family often seems misunderstood in the form in which it was established by God, and is assailed by doctrines that are erroneous and contrary to the purposes for which the Divine Creator instituted it, surely God wished to address to us a reminder of the purpose for which He established the family in the world.”

Pointing out various Scriptures, she says, “God entrusted to the family the sacred mission of cooperating with Him in the work of creation. This decision to associate His poor creatures with His creative work is a great demonstration of the fatherly goodness of God…Thus the Divine Creator wished to entrust to the family a sacred mission that makes two beings become one in union so close that it does not admit of separation. It is from this union that God wishes to produce other beings…God established Matrimony as an indissoluble union.”

She sees this as another indispensable lesson from the Oct. 13 apparition. “Hence, in the Message of Fatima, God calls on us to turn our eyes to the Holy Family of Nazareth, into which He chose to be born, and to grow in grace and stature, in order to present to us a model to imitate, as our footsteps tread the path of our pilgrimage to Heaven.” Family holiness is essential. Little wonder Lucia told Cardinal Carlo Caffarra “the decisive confrontation between the Kingdom of God and Satan will take place over marriage and the family.”

Major Keys Doubled

Two major directives Our Lady gave on Oct. 13 stand as essential pillars of Fatima.

First, already in 1937 in her Second Memoir, Lucia realized:

“Of all the words spoken at this Apparition, the ones most deeply engraved upon my heart were those of the request made by our heavenly Mother: ‘Do not offend Our Lord and God anymore, because He is already so much offended!’ How loving a complaint, how tender a request! Who will grant me to make it echo through the whole world, so that all the children of our Mother in Heaven may hear the sound of her voice!”

Lucia hones in on this request in her “CALLS”. The message, she says, reminds us we must observe the first of all commandments, the love of God.

If anyone asked her what the Ten Commandments have to do with Fatima’s, she answers “they have a great deal to do with it; they are among the chief aims of the Message. In fact, Our Lady ended the series of apparitions in Fatima with these words: ‘Do not offend the Lord our God anymore, because He is already so much offended.’…what Our Lady wanted and, therefore the main object of the Message, was to beg us not to offend Our Lord because He was already so deeply offended. There can be no doubt that what offends God most is the breaking of His Law: all Sacred Scripture confirms this.”

Second, Lucia emphasizes that from the first apparition onward, Our Lady requested, and repeated every month through October, Pray the Rosary every day.

“So,” Lucia realizes, “calling to mind the insistence with which God, by means of the Fatima message, recommends the prayer of the Rosary, and also all that the Church’s Magisterium has said about it over the years, we can conclude that the Rosary is a form of vocal prayer which, in general, suits all of us, for which we should have the highest regard, and which we should make the greatest effort never to abandon.”

So crucial and necessary is this “Call” that Lucia devotes a whole section of her book to the Rosary. Our Lady of the Rosary gave us these directives to restore peace — in ourselves, with God, in our homes, with neighbors, and among nations.

“This is the peace,” she says, “that the world ardently longs for, and from which it is so far removed because it does not listen to, or follow, the word of God!...Hence the words of the Message: “If what I say to you is done…”

On Fatima’s 100th Anniversary, will we be willing to finally listen to the only solution heaven itself has given us?