Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Old as dirt here
+ Reply to Thread

Old as dirt here

Computer back up, Geek came out.
    All is well, Well not everything, Got a big leak in the roof. I have been having a terrible time trying to get ahold of insurance people, They are swamped. I emptied six large buckets of water each day of the storm.
    Barn flooded, But no real damage as tractor set up high enough. I could not get to a store for several days as I was a blocked by two rivers . The Bridge went out between my daughter and me.
    My youngest daughter and husband got caught up in the florida storm, But only minor damage there.
    Without a man around it is hard to take care of these storm problems. To old to go shopping for another man. Just kidding .

Hi OAD,

So glad the computer is fixed. Keep after the insurance company, they are swamped, but you need attention to your roof.

Prayers for you.

Good to hear from you!!! Prayers sent!
    Author of "Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery." Dreams do come true!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-OReilly-...5105847&sr=8-1

So glad to hear you're okay!! Yes, being alone makes many things very difficult. Keep the faith.

OAD - glad you're OK, and back in touch!

All the contractors & insurance people are likely to be REAL BUSY. All you can do is put your name on a list, with the contact info and wait. That said, if you call a contractor (make sure to get references/recommendations) and get an estimate - that should speed up your insurance process.

The nice thing about hiring work done, is you don't have to cater to their food likes/dislikes or fold their laundry... like grandkids, you get to send 'em home at the end of the day!

I heard that many seniors were signing over their insurance benefits against future work by contractors........not a good idea and it maybe gets your work by unlicensed people, or no work at all......many scams out there.
    True North Strong and Free

Can you get somebody to tarp your roof just until someone can fix it? It won't be pretty but it will keep you from carrying buckets while you wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in WV View Post
    Can you get somebody to tarp your roof just until someone can fix it? It won't be pretty but it will keep you from carrying buckets while you wait...
    That's exactly what our insurance company told us to do in San Antonio yrs ago after a fierce wind storm caused roof damage on our house and it was leaking. They were also behind due to the large number of claims, but told us to have it tarped as soon as we could, and to save all the receipts to submit against the insurance claim.

Hopefully OAD's insurance company would advise the same.

Good luck to you OAD. I'm glad you're ok. I just wish Cappy would check in. Anyone heard from him?
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

My Music page https://poorboyproductions.bandcamp.com/

The fact that we have a "Highway To Hell" and a "Stairway To Heaven" says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.

Local fire department usually tarps around here after storms
    call your volunteer fire department and ask if they can help

If someone has some time please offer your services to FD
    We are seeing requests everywhere for volunteers
    Young people seem to offer nothing to community now

So glad to hear from you, OaD! Hope someone is able to help you and get the roof tarped at least.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Glad to see you back and happy you are OK, even if with more problems. Hang in there - I would say I wish we were closer but in my condition I'd be as much of a liability as an asset, I'm afraid. We are lucky to have a couple of fine young local men to help with the heavy lifting when we need it.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html