Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

LEGAL Paul Ryan Blocks Concealed Carry Reciprocity
+ Reply to Thread

Paul Ryan Blocks Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity, Congressman Tells Armed American Radio

USA – -(Ammoland.com)- Speaker Paul Ryan will not allow Congressional action on national concealed carry reciprocity to move bills forward, Rep. Thomas Massie told host Mark Walters Thursday on Armed American Radio. The reason given is Ryan thinks the timing isn’t right to consider H.R. 2909, the D.C. Personal Protection Reciprocity Act, a supplement to state reciprocity provisions of H.R. 38.

Massie introduced his legislation after the ball field shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise and other Republicans by an anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter in Alexandria, VA.

“I would tell you this is a gun-free zone except that I know the criminals are carrying every day,” Massie told Walters via phone from “right outside the Capitol.

“It is only a 10-mile gun-free zone for law-abiding citizens,” Massie explained. “Although Virginia’s a reciprocity state, and most everybody with a permit could have been carrying in Virginia, they couldn’t carry in Washington D.C. where they started their day and where they were going to end their day.”

What prevented the shooting from being worse and racking up a higher victim toll was that a member of the leadership had police protection, Massie said. “I guarantee you there are thousands of firearms here in D.C. they’re just not in the hands of lawful citizens.”

Massie went on to explain how he’s seen “a lot of pro-gun bills being introduced but they were going nowhere.” That’s a common tactic among politicians happy to capitalize off good press they can showcase to their constituents while cynically understanding the bills are intended for that, not to actually be passed and to change anything.

So why has there been no movement on reciprocity and on the additional provision of recognizing state permits in the District?

“We’ve got over 80 cosponsors at this point,” Massie told Walters when asked the status of his bill, which is currently and procedurally in the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform because Congress has oversight responsibility for Washington D.C. He’s “pressing for a hearing on it.”

“Why haven’t we seen movement over either 38 or 2909 since the horrific events in Virginia?” Walters asked, noting the Republicans control the House and the Senate and both Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appear to be blocking bills advancing the right to keep and bear arms.

“You know what?” Massie replied, “The Speaker told me he didn’t think the timing was right. And I think this is the exact timing to bring this bill.”

Of course it is. What a disingenuous excuse. When will the timing be better?

The thing is, depending on who gun owners listen to, both Ryan and McConnell are called “staunch supporters of the Second Amendment.” Yet time after time, on guns, on Obamacare, on immigration, on any real change, they look like they’re taking positions directly contrary to why a critical mass of Americans got tired of standard Republican excuse-making fare and voted for Donald Trump.

“A right delayed is a right denied,” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. noted.

Any “Republican” who doesn't understand that deserves to be replaced by someone who does.

“Politics is the art of the possible,” apologists for the status quo representing themselves as “pragmatic” will counter. “The perfect is the enemy of the good.”

Requiring permits in the first place is hardly perfect. And as far as what is possible goes, how would those averse to testing limits have a clue?

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/rya...#axzz4sZ792YJJ
    "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

Why am I not surprised.

Time to vote for someone else than Ryan or McConnell.

Repeal Ryan, and repeal unconstitutional gun laws that conflict with the 2nd Amendment.

If anti gun laws were needed at the time the 2nd Amendment was written, then it would have been in place to start with.
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

Tell me this guy is going to get voted out someday. He will, but replaced with a Dem from cheeseland.... Like we'd see the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post
    Agreed.

“Why haven’t we seen movement over either 38 or 2909 since the horrific events in Virginia?” Walters asked, noting the Republicans control the House and the Senate and both Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appear to be blocking bills advancing the right to keep and bear arms.
    That ^^^ did it.

I will fight the back stabbing SOBs in every way I know possible from here on out until they regain their senses (and loyalties).

Quote Originally Posted by rhughe13 View Post
    Repeal Ryan, and repeal unconstitutional gun laws that conflict with the 2nd Amendment.

If anti gun laws were needed at the time the 2nd Amendment was written, then it would have been in place to start with.
    bold: All gun laws are unconstitutional.

Period.
    Last edited by vestige; 09-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Good, don't want the fed gov having control of that list. The pendulum will swing the other way and would you like control of that under a different party?

Let the States work out reciprocity.
    "The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
    They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through."

This^^ is the Supreme Courts place! A properly worded argument would leave them with no choice but to rule in favor of the constitutional liberty as written.

This ^^^^^^^^
    And Yet I Smile

A God given right cannot be curtailed or abolished.

All the 2nd does is point out to gobt to keep its cotton pickin' hands off of a God give right.

Any laws abridging ownership of weapons of any kind are not permitted and are Unconstitutional.

The difference between a democracy and a republic is that a democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for lunch. In the republic not only the sheep but every free creature comes to the aid of the one that the majority wants to make a victim and defends them from the tyranny of the majority.

Be fine if paul ryan was stripped of all politic and citizenship for seeking to violate such things. Let him go live in mostlime land if they will have his fake and phoney self.

A plague on him n his ilk.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

'Time to vote for someone else than Ryan or McConnell.'

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^
    This^^^^^
    This^^^^^

They are both active, passionate opponents of 90% of what real Republcans and Concervatives believe.
    And a nod to McConnell for getting Gorsuch through, giving the devil his due.
    SS
    Last edited by Shacknasty Shagrat; 09-13-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Going into this next congressional election season, I think it's time (past time really) for us to let all the candidates - new and incumbent - know LOUD AND CLEAR, that we expect them to vote as representing what WE WANT - not what they think is best. They get selected to REPRESENT US - not their own philosophies.

It's one of the rare times that statistics and the numbers involved really matters. Because of all the options for problem-solving that exist... the majority of people will figure out the best option, that maintains the most FREEDOM for US. If only they would ask us - and listen to the answers - and vote accordingly.

The crap these people have made law, in areas where they have absolutely no knowledge or experience is just mind-boggling, because they've listened to "experts" bought & paid for by the lobbyists. And don't even consider what their constituents think - much less "consent" to.

I use to think Paul Ryan was a stand up guy. I would have voted for him if he ran for President. Becoming the Speaker of the House has really shown his true colors.

Ryan is a globalist POS.
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco82919 View Post
    I use to think Paul Ryan was a stand up guy. I would have voted for him if he ran for President. Becoming the Speaker of the House has really shown his true colors.
    I did too at one time.

He has since fouled his nest.

Mitch has stayed on the dole for so long primarily because of unwavering support for the 2nd Amendment.

If he does not get his s*** together on this he is out.

You can bet yer ass on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaken1 View Post
    Ryan is a globalist POS.
    THIS !!!

Agree !!!

Ditto for McStain, Graham, Snowe, Hatch, and a few others !!!

Ryan is a rat bastard - Demorat......
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Repairman-Jack View Post
    Good, don't want the fed gov having control of that list. The pendulum will swing the other way and would you like control of that under a different party?

Let the States work out reciprocity.
    100% ! Although Congress might be able to enact it for DC
    They try to keep me in the dark and feed me ____!

The problem with letting the states work it out is that the communist ones will never allow it unless forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    The problem with letting the states work it out is that the communist ones will never allow it unless forced.
    Exactly.

The communists accept driver licenses from other states and credit cards.

WTH over?

I wonder what Illinois would do if KY stopped accepting Illinois driver licenses as valid?

Reciprocate??? Probably.

I avoid Illinois like the plague when I travel as well as other such places.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Exactly.

The communists accept driver licenses from other states and credit cards.

WTH over?

I wonder what Illinois would do if KY stopped accepting Illinois driver licenses as valid?

Reciprocate??? Probably.

I avoid Illinois like the plague when I travel as well as other such places.
    Back when I was a trk driver, went through a weigh station in Indiana. Had to pull around as I was slightly overweight. An Indiana State Trooper was standing on the step beside the drivers door while I was getting out my drivers license. He spotted my Carry Permit, and he went nuts. I told him I did not have a weapon on me or in the truck. He just kept breathing fire, DEMANDED I tell him why I had that. I thought he was going to pull me out, beat me. I told him it was legal and permissible. He just kept demanding to know why I had it, and what I needed it for. I finally told him he needed to take it up with the Ky State Legislature. The guy was a real psycho. When I left, I felt lucky to be alive. I should have sent a letter to the Commander of the Indiana State Police. The guy should not have been on the force.

Amen and wisely stated. This is why people hate dc, and how Trump got elected. ryan needs to go now, before he punches more holes in the Constitution. Wouldn't hurt to jail and try him for sedition-the 2nd Amendment is quite clear.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17