Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Tropical Storm Jose
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jose now has a 50% chance of hitting east coast per models. Three more depressions in the Atlantic. The newest one shaping up to look just like Irma started.

Cat 4 in Baja CA/mexico.

Cat one to hit Fukashima.

Vid is 8.25 mins

https://youtu.be/U1tP7H6pWHE

Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post
    Jose now has a 50% chance of hitting east coast per models. Three more depressions in the Atlantic. The newest one shaping up to look just like Irma started.

Cat 4 in Baja CA/mexico.

Vid is 8.25 mins

Just for general information: These storms take on a different name when they happen in Pacific Ocean! "Typhoon".

Quote Originally Posted by bassgirl View Post

Cat 4 in Baja CA/mexico.

Vid is 8.25 mins

Which models?
    All the ones I've seen keep it over water.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Just for general information: These storms take on a different name when they happen in Pacific Ocean! "Typhoon".
    I thought that was the southern hemisphere. I don't recall ever hearing of such storms on our west coast. But there's a lot I don't hear of.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

(*fair use)

Jose Current Storm Info

The highest cloud tops, corresponding to the most vigorous convection, are shown in the brightest red colors. Clustering, deep convection around the center is a sign of a healthy tropical cyclone.

Northerly wind shear continues to disrupt the inner-core convection of Jose.

Increased southwesterly wind shear over Jose is expected by this weekend. While this should keep a lid on Jose's intensity, there's concern Jose's wind field size could expand as it gains latitude.

Jose will remain on a general west-northwest track, before turning north this weekend.

Jose Projected Path

The red-shaded area denotes the potential path of the center of the tropical cyclone. Note that impacts (particularly heavy rain, high surf, coastal flooding) with any tropical cyclone may spread beyond its forecast path.

At this time, the majority of forecast guidance still shows Jose curling north, then northeast sufficiently to the east of both the Bahamas and the U.S. East Coast to avoid direct impacts.

But that's not a certainty this far out in time. Some forecast guidance shows Jose passing close enough to the East Coast to at least bring a brush of rain and some gusty winds the first half of next week.

All interests along the U.S. East Coast from the Carolinas northward, as well as Atlantic Canada, should continue to monitor Jose well into next week for any forecast changes.

Regardless, large swells generated by Jose will continue to affect the Bahamas, Bermuda and the north coasts of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands the next several days.

By this weekend, these large swells should reach the Eastern Seaboard, spreading as far north as coastal New England.

More here:

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...ecast-atlantic
    My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave. - Stonewall Jackson

TROPICAL STORM JOSE
    11:00 AM AST Thu Sep 14
    Moving: WNW at 7 mph
    Min pressure: 989 mb
    Max sustained: 70 mph
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Tropical Storm-Force Wind Speed - TROPICAL STORM JOSE

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...nd120#contents

Any truth it is going to move a little farther west? Maybe impact New York or Boston. Seeing other places this may be the case....
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Yep, getting closer...
    Attached Images
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    Any truth it is going to move a little farther west? Maybe impact New York or Boston. Seeing other places this may be the case....
    I was just listening to meteorologist John Elliott on CBS out of NYC. He said that come Tuesday the tri state area might see some 'effects' from Jose. He specifically said 'effects' which I assume would be some rain, some gusty winds and things like rip currents and other dangers on the open water or at the beach.

Nobody around here (Central CT) is talking about a direct hit.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Bumpski.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    Bumpski.....
    Yeah...give it another boot to keep it on the main page for a while longer.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Some better news as of this AM. The Euro 0Z model run and the 6Z GFS model run have shifted eastward, The GFS by, 50-75 miles. It's looking like the High pressure ridge to the North, and SE of Jose, when it approaches the NE, will not link up, and block the storm from escape out too sea. Which means a good part of the NE is looking better for no Tropical storm or Hurricane winds. Still the Cape and the Islands are still under the gun, and the NC outer banks still could get Tropical Storm conditions. But overall, things are looking better ATM. Still high surf is expected along much of the East coast.
    Jose currently has 80mph winds near the center. A couple of maps from the GFS and Euro models. You can find a lot of information,maps, on tropicaltidbits.com. Along with the 5AM National Hurricane Center"s Track map which reflects the NHC thoughts of Jose's track.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...?cone#contents
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Vegas321; 09-16-2017 at 06:54 AM.

New Update on Hurricane Jose.
    https://youtu.be/STlm7YSzUkE