Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Men in Kilts
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Men in Kilts

Dang, Packy! Now I have to seriously reconsider my decision not to date after my divorce! Hmmm...

Bartender! Another round, please! 8-)

For any who want to research the tartans by name view here ->. https://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/az?searchString=M

My husband is a Scot. He looks damn fine in his kilt, lol. Thanks for the Jamie Fraser pics! Made me smile. Come on world stay together until Sept 10 when "Outlander" comes back for the new season! Amen, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Nice chain mail

Why... Yes Please!!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
    acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path.

This thread made it worth waking up this morning, Packy. THANK YOU!

But only one of Murtagh? Every girl needs a Murtagh... (clan Douglas here)...

There was a show on HGTV or DIY called Made in Milwaukee. The guys are metal workers, and wear kilts.

ETA: Thanks for the thread!!! (Sigh!)

Quote Originally Posted by marsh View Post
    This is so sexist I had to bookmark each page to show my daughter as an example.....
    We are going to the Highland Games in Sept. to witness this in person.

I have 4 Scottish POW great 8-9 grandfathers from the 1650 Battle of Dunbar who I imagine did not look like this.
    My ancestor, Ninian Beall, also was involved in that little dustup, captured and transported to an island in the Caribbean, and eventually wound up in Maryland. He acquired a large amount of acreage and became a prosperous planter. At one time, he owned the property that later became Washington, DC.

Enjoy your trip to the games.
    "White Privilege" is liberalese for "White Competence."

Wow!! Love this thread, it should be a sticky!!

Now I need a cold shower. Thanks Pachy you are my hero.
    “Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.”

Want to give thanks for this thread too. Hubby is pure Scot. Ain't nothin' better than a real man in a kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post

Yeah, Murtagh is one of a kind fer sure. Looking forward to Sept. 10 premier of Outlander, but dreading the losses at Culloden.

Oh mercy. This thread is hard on an older Christian woman. I knew I shouldn't click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR01 View Post

me, I'll just take Jamie! (waiting so impatiently for Outlander Season 3)
    Me too! Not much longer now. I think it comes back on Sept 10th.
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't—you're right.” ― Henry Ford

“The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do, and then do it.” ― Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    Yeah, Murtagh is one of a kind fer sure. Looking forward to Sept. 10 premier of Outlander, but dreading the losses at Culloden.
    Murtagh is an awesomely crusty bugger! My second favorite Highlander.
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't—you're right.” ― Henry Ford

“The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do, and then do it.” ― Henry Ford

Firebirde sent me some links. this one should make the guys laugh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11EG9fMrkrw

Tactical Duty Kilt - Kilt OffPublished on 9 Jun 2014
    The Tactical Duty Kilt is BACK! Scruffy Wallace and Dave Rhoden try to one-up each other in a #kiltoff. Share pictures and videos of your TDK in action. Keep it safe, keep it clean and send it in. http://www.511tactical.com/kiltoff
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o999wq_XQM

Saor Patrol a Homecoming at Duncarron Scotland May 2013

Published on 21 Jun 2013
    http://www.SaorPatrol.com has a visit back to Duncarron to meet with some of it's Clansmen and Clanswomen afore Bruces weekend June 2013, with them enjoying a wee treat from the band and re nactment from some of the members of Combat International who do work in movie industry, also visit http://www.combatinternational.com for more information or to hire.

With Cultural entertainment being provided by the folks from Clanranald Trust also, hope you enjoy. ( All stunts are carried out by professional re enactment from Combat International, and no one should try these stunts at home or outside unless under professional guidance)

Both tracks are by http://www.SaorPatrol.com taken from the Two Headed Dog Album ( Duncarron Electric) first one being "Chamalihitchin" followed by "Three Wee Jigs"

Saor Patrol & Clanranald Merchandise Store http://www.clanranald.org/~ccp52/cata...

Filmed at Duncarron Medieval Fortified Village, Carron Valley, Scotland FK6 5JL
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDg-gWPz1I

Modern Warrior, Ancient Skills - 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt
    Published on 1 Apr 2016
    For centuries, warriors have trained for combat through competition. Developing the strength and skill at arms to be victorious on the battlefield. Though times have changed, the modern warrior can often find the best answer in the traditions of old.

Find out what happens when Recon Marine Rudy Reyes gets training from Scottish Highland Games champion Dan McKim. Proceeds from sales of the 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt benefit FBINAA Foundation and The Raider Project.

Learn more about FBINAA: https://www.fbinaa.org
    Learn more about The Raider Project: http://www.raiderproject.org/

Show us your kilt in action on social media using the #511TDK hashtag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQn_p8D-PM

5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt 73318 - History of the Kilt
    ProGear Tactical & Outdoor

Published on 10 Jun 2016
    5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt 73318

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jE__DYSM6U

the Great Kilt
    Colaisde na Gàidhlig | Gaelic College

Published on 4 Aug 2009
    This is a short film describing the origin of the Great Kilt as well as modern kilts which are hand crafted at the Gaelic College today.

http://www.gaeliccollege.edu/craftsho...

Our expert seamstresses, Gail Montgomery and Ann Cantwell, share over 36 years experience making hand-sewn kilts. They've created kilts for Canadian premieres, films such as Disney's The Princess Diaries, and regularly ship fine tartan products all over the world. Gail and Ann also make kilted skirts, neckties, scarves, shawls, sashes, stoles, tams, cummerbunds, vests, children's clothing, hand bags, dolls and teddy bears in any of the over 150 tartans we keep in stock.

We offer our traditional, regulation kilts in light, medium and heavy 100% wool tartans. Complete Highland Dress outfits are available.

Ladies kilted tartan skirts are available in regular street-length, mini street-length, full-length, or custom lengths. Options include two straps & buckles or three covered buttons. Our kilted tartan skirts are very versatile, include two extra pleats and can easily be let in or out.

Children's kilts and kilted tartan skirts are also available.

Our kilts are made from 100% pure new wool worsted tartan, available in light, medium and heavy weights.

We encourage visitors to drop by the Sewing Room and have one of our expert kilt-makers give them a first-hand look at the mysteries of kilt making. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to show our large display of tartans and answer questions visitors may have.

he Gaelic College Craft Shop is owned and operated by the Gaelic College of Celtic Arts and Crafts, a non-profit organization. All proceeds from the Craft Shop go to the college, and help promote and preserve the Gaelic culture.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us:

Gaelic College Craft Shop
    PO Box 80, Englishtown
    NS Canada B0C 1H0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amNF_F6oeRU

"DUELING PIPERS" College of Piping
    Published on 17 Jul 2009
    this was taped from the stage in 2009 at the College of Piping.. it was the only number I didn't play .. perhaps that's why it was my favorite part of the show all Summer..I got to just take a breather and enjoy.. plus they got better and better all Summer!! This is a creation of the Great and Wonderful STEPHANIE CADMAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post

I found only the one of him in a kilt, if you know of more please post away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    Oh mercy. This thread is hard on an older Christian woman. I knew I shouldn't click on it.
    I tried to keep it as clean as possible! It's amazing the number of kilt shots there are where the guys are showing their bums to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    I haven't seen the Outlander series yet, wonder if it's on Netflix???

I haven't seen the Outlander series yet, wonder if it's on Netflix???
    I think they only have it on DVD, not on streaming.

I tried to keep it as clean as possible! It's amazing the number of kilt shots there are where the guys are showing their bums to the world.
    Now we know where the French got the can can.

Well now I won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day. lol

I'll leave you with this...

There was this young buff Scott who came into the pub early in the afternoon. He drank and drank and drank to the point where he had a bit too much and decided to venture home.

As he staggered out the front door he decided he really had to relieve himself so he made his way over to a big tree. It was there he slid down the tree into slumber.

Two young ladies walked by and noticed the well built man lying there in a kilt. One girl said to the other, I wonder if it's true that they wear nothing under thoise kilts. The other said let's go peak and so they did.

They both giggled and the first said we should leave something so he knows we were here. The second pulled the blue ribbon from her hair and gently tied it around his manhood.

The girls scurried off and the young Scot awoke realizing he still needed to relieve himself.

He raised his kilt to see the blue ribbon. He exclaimed, "well I don't know where you've been, but I see you won first place."

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

My Music page https://poorboyproductions.bandcamp.com/

The fact that we have a "Highway To Hell" and a "Stairway To Heaven" says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    Well now I won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day. lol

I'll leave you with this...

There was this young buff Scott who came into the pub early in the afternoon. He drank and drank and drank to the point where he had a bit too much and decided to venture home.

As he staggered out the front door he decided he really had to relieve himself so he made his way over to a big tree. It was there he slid down the tree into slumber.

Two young ladies walked by and noticed the well built man lying there in a kilt. One girl said to the other, I wonder if it's true that they wear nothing under thoise kilts. The other said let's go peak and so they did.

They both giggled and the first said we should leave something so he knows we were here. The second pulled the blue ribbon from her hair and gently tied it around his manhood.

The girls scurried off and the young Scot awoke realizing he still needed to relieve himself.

He raised his kilt to see the blue ribbon. He exclaimed, "well I don't know where you've been, but I see you won first place."

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...17&FORM=HDRSC2

Photos from the Grandfather Mountain (NC) Highland Games 2017 (too many to post)
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...17&FORM=HDRSC2

Photos from the Grandfather Mountain (NC) Highland Games 2017 (too many to post)

Trump jr. in a kilt

The Trump family is part of Clan MacLeod, from the President's mother's family
    The history of civilization could actually be written by the level of its women ~Archbishop Fulton J Sheen

He is here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and he is all out of bubble gum
    Attached Images
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

I've seen men on cruise ships dressed up on "elegant" night in their Scottish kilts. On one particular cruise though I saw a Japanese man dressed in a Scottish kilt, I thought that was rather odd.

A brother in a lodge I used to attend, was a line officer and would always show up in a kilt. I hated it when he tipped back in his chair onto the two back legs, which he did every meeting! All but daring everyone to look up his skirt.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

I predict this thread will be resurrected on a continual basis, as needed. Thanks Packy. Always lookin out for our mental health
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I predict this thread will be resurrected on a continual basis, as needed. Thanks Packy. Always lookin out for our mental health
    Sometimes we just need a break from the mayhem in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    I've seen men on cruise ships dressed up on "elegant" night in their Scottish kilts. On one particular cruise though I saw a Japanese man dressed in a Scottish kilt, I thought that was rather odd.
    Japanese, Koreans, and eastern europeans. They really like dressing up in cultural clothes, especially Scottish and Native American garb. If I were to go back into making regalia almost ALL Of my sales would be from either Japan/Korea or eastern europe and they will pay you whatever price you ask for so long as the quality is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Actually, there is a lot of interest in all things "Celtic" in Japan; we ran into this back when we had the Irish/Celtic traditional jewelry business, they had buyers at the New Jersey Irish trade show.

I found this on the web,

Also, bag piping is HUGE in many parts of the former British Empire including India, they used to have teams from India sometimes at the Estes Park Highland games (I used to do Scot's reenactment). They usually wear a tartan and trousers but some bands do wear Kilts.

expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Outlander is streaming on Starz. It has a 7 day free trial.

Trump jr. in a kilt

And note what looks like a sgian dubh tucked into the right sock top....

https://www.thesgiandubhcompany.com/
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html