Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Dog rescues drowning deer
+ Reply to Thread

14 Dog rescues drowning deer

Incredible Video Shows Golden Retriever Rescue Drowning Fawn Off Long Island Beach

I'm on my phone and can't post video/article, so please click on the link. Incredible how this dog swam out and grabbed a baby deer and brought it shore, then tried to revive it. Just melted my heart.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...434958383.html

Oh, click on the second video on the page. I don't know what the first one was cuz it wouldn't load for me.

A golden retriever leaped into the waters off Long Island during a morning walk over the weekend and, after a furious swim, returned with a drowning fawn in its mouth, its owner says.

Owner Mark Freeley said he had been walking Storm along the sand at PJ Harbor after 8 a.m. Sunday when the dog jumped into the water and started swimming after something.

Freeley captured video of the pup swimming back to shore, clutching something large in its mouth, and once Storm got close enough to stand, Freeley could see the "something" was a fawn.

The video shows the heroic Storm toss the deer onto the sand; the deer moves, struggling to stand up, and Storm grabs it in his mouth and bounds up on the rocky shore.

He puts the fawn down and tries to revive it with some loving licks and nudging. The deer appeared exhausted but was breathing.

According to reports, the man and dog stayed with the deer until a vet showed up. The fawn is expected to fully recover.

Meanwhile, Freeley's Facebook post on the beach rescue has gone viral, with more than 1.2 million views and 30,000-plus shares in 24 hours.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...434958383.html
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Another link to article and video (much easier to copy)

http://fox8.com/2017/07/17/storm-to-...drowning-fawn/

Storm to the rescue! Heartwarming video shows dog save drowning fawn

POSTED 1:01 PM, JULY 17, 2017, BY FOX8WEBCENTRAL

PORT JEFFERSON, New York -- A dog named Storm became a hero after the heartwarming rescue of a fawn in need of some major help.

WHNT reports it happened in the Long Island Sound Sunday morning.

Mark Freeley, the owner of the English golden retriever, was taking Storm and his other dog, Sara, for a walk.

That's when he said Storm spotted the deer, jumped into the water, grabbed the fawn by the neck and pulled it to shore.

When he reached land, Freeley said Storm followed the fawn and laid next to it, nudging it.

When other passersby realized what was happening, the poor little fawn ran back into the water. But they were able to pull it out safely.

The fawn was eventually taken to an area animal rescue, which will care for it until it's back on its feet.

Thanks, MzK!

Storm, you are a Very Good Dog!

Thanks for posting this!
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

I'm so glad I didn't wear my make up today! What a story! What a dog!

It's a good thing in this case that they took the deer in and didn't let it run loose. It probably ended up miles from it's mother and she'd never have found it.

Yeah, that's a Golden for ya.

I recognized that dog trying to do "CPR" on the fawn, but not as passionately and vigorously as I witnessed my half collie/ half German shepherd do on the stillborn, 12th, and last puppy in her first litter!
    She cleared his nose and mouth, then pushed down HARD repeatedly on the puppy's chest and then stopped to NIP the puppy's ear before returning to the chest compressions, then nipping the puppy's front paw before finally giving up and looking at me with great sad eyes and I took it away so she could attend to the other eleven pups.
    Proverbs 18:13 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

13 He that answereth before that he heareth, showeth himself to be a fool; and worthy of shame.

Wow, Ainit, that's really sad. But it's amazing what instincts animals have. It wasn't all that long ago that humans officially began doing CPR.

So, one article says the man stayed with the fawn until a vet arrived.

Another says the fawn was taken to "an area animal rescue."

Hmmm.

and people wonder why I like most dogs better than most people

good dog

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    I recognized that dog trying to do "CPR" on the fawn, but not as passionately and vigorously as I witnessed my half collie/ half German shepherd do on the stillborn, 12th, and last puppy in her first litter!
    She cleared his nose and mouth, then pushed down HARD repeatedly on the puppy's chest and then stopped to NIP the puppy's ear before returning to the chest compressions, then nipping the puppy's front paw before finally giving up and looking at me with great sad eyes and I took it away so she could attend to the other eleven pups.
    That is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Murt View Post
    and people wonder why I like most dogs better than most people

good dog
    Amen.

Just add...trust too.