Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Otto Warmbier, who was released from North Korea last week has died
+ Reply to Thread

Otto Warmbier, who was released from North Korea last week has died

Published June 19, 2017
    Fox News

Otto Warmbier, the 22 year old college student detained and imprisoned in North Korea before being returned to the U.S. earlier this month has died, his family said in a statement on Monday.

Otto Warmbier, the 22 year old college student detained and imprisoned in North Korea before being returned to the U.S. earlier this month has died, his family said in a statement on Monday. (AP Photo/Kim Kwang Hyon)

Otto Warmbier, the American student who was detained and held in North Korea before being returned back to the U.S. earlier this month, has died, according to his family. He was 22 years old.

News of Warmbier’s death follows reports from doctors that Warmbier had suffered extensive brain damage and was unresponsive to his surroundings. Officials from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, which treated the student upon his return, labeled his condition as a “state of unresponsive wakefulness.”

While there was no physical evidence he was beaten, doctors said that Warmbier had suffered “extensive loss of brain tissue,” suggesting he had lost blood supply to his brain for a period of time.

The North Koreans told U.S. officials that Warmbier had suffered from botulism and then slipped into a coma after taking a sleeping pill but Cincinatti doctors said that their examination showed no evidence of botulism, the strong neurotoxin produced by a bacterium.

OTTO WARMBIER HAS EXTENSIVE BRAIN DAMAGE, DOCTOR SAYS

“It is our sad duty to report that our son, Otto Warmbier, has completed his journey home,” Fred and Cindy Warmbier wrote in a statement. “Surrounded by his loving family, Otto died today at 2:20 pm.”
    Related Image
    Otto Warmbier, a 22-year-old college student detained and imprisoned in North Korea, is carried off of an airplane at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Warmbier arrived in Ohio after being released by North Korea, where he was serving a 15-year prison term with hard labor for alleged anti-state acts. His parents have said he has been in a coma and was medically evacuated. (Sam Greene/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP) Expand / Collapse

Otto Warmbier, a U.S. student detained by North Korea before being released earlier this month, has died. (Sam Greene/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP)

“It would be easy at a moment like this to focus on all that we lost - future time that won't be spent with a warm, engaging, brilliant young man whose curiosity and enthusiasm for life knew no bounds. But we choose to focus on the time we were given to be with this remarkable person. You can tell from the outpouring of emotion from the communities that he touched - Wyoming, Ohio and the University of Virginia to name just two - that the love for Otto went well beyond his immediate family.”

“We would like to thank the wonderful professionals at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center who did everything they could for Otto. Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today.”

OTTO WARMBIER'S INJURIES RENEW FOCUS ON NORTH KOREA'S INFAMOUS TORTURE CAMPS

“When Otto returned to Cincinnati late on June 13th he was unable to speak, unable to see and unable to react to verbal commands. He looked very uncomfortable - almost anguished. Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed - he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that.”

“We thank everyone around the world who has kept him and our family in their thoughts and prayers. We are at peace and at home too.”

Warmbier was medically evacuated from North Korea on June 13 following diplomatic activity at the top of the U.S. government. A former University of Virginia student, he was serving a 15-year sentence in North Korea for allegedly attempting to steal a banner containing a political phrase that was hanging from a wall in his Pyongyang hotel.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...ea-was-22.html

Praying for peace for his family and friends - all this over a stupid poster? Such a waste...

At least he was home.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I have no words, except solace to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Praying for peace for his family and friends - all this over a stupid poster? Such a waste...

At least he was home.
    Maybe his death has purpose, to be an object reminder to the US and the rest of the world when dealing with NK?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

What in the World was he doing there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjeep View Post

“When Otto returned to Cincinnati late on June 13th he was unable to speak, unable to see and unable to react to verbal commands. He looked very uncomfortable - almost anguished. Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed - he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that.”
    What a horrible situation for him and his family. I'm glad he was able to come home, and to know that he was home and with his family before he finally passed.

Personally, I've always believed he was a spy and was doing something to the wall behind the poster when he was caught. Either planting something or retrieving something. If so he was a hero who died without anyone knowing the truth of his heroism, instead believing he lost his life over a silly prank. Either way, may his soul finally find peace.

HD

I surely hope he had the chance to have a little talk with Jesus before he died.

I pray for peace beyond measure and that they would have the glorious light of the Gospel to shine on them so that they know that death is not the end, but the beginning of another, more eternal and forever one...
    Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. By the Blood of Jesus, that's me!

Did you know that the first two chapters of Hebrews shows that the Father declared Jesus as GOD when Jesus ascended on high? :)

I feel doubly bad for the family given the roller coaster of emotions they must have gone through. One thing that struck me was when I listened to the OANN broadcast of the boy's coming home, the news caster said "...took the body off the plane..." I found the phrasing peculiar, and wondered if that meant he was already dead.

Most reports I've read indicated that Warmbier was put into that coma shortly after arriving in NK. My question is, how is it that he survived a year under the "tender ministrations" of the NorKs, yet dies within a few weeks of arriving back in one of the most medically advanced nations on the planet?
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    I feel doubly bad for the family given the roller coaster of emotions they must have gone through. One thing that struck me was when I listened to the OANN broadcast of the boy's coming home, the news caster said "...took the body off the plane..." I found the phrasing peculiar, and wondered if that meant he was already dead.
    coma victims generally need help getting around. I suspect he was still alive, but just barely, and the reporter doesn't know how to report the news properly.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    Most reports I've read indicated that Warmbier was put into that coma shortly after arriving in NK. My question is, how is it that he survived a year under the "tender ministrations" of the NorKs, yet dies within a few weeks of arriving back in one of the most medically advanced nations on the planet?
    they had to have known that he only had days left and didn't want him dying in their country.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    they had to have known that he only had days left and didn't want him dying in their country.
    Exactly
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm guessing they beat him almost to death initially then kept him on life support long enough for all the overt signs to heal.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    I'm guessing they beat him almost to death initially then kept him on life support long enough for all the overt signs to heal.
    Probably......they are so skilled at this type of brutality.......the population of NK is well versed in the evil methods these demons use......I just see no way for the population of NK going forward.........I see no way for them.........it's horrible, but it's true. How do we rescue the innocent population? There just isn't a way that I can see.......and China is a joke! They have no more control over NK.....they just play that card hoping we will all look to them to put a muzzle on the demons. Not going to happen.

Probably over shocked him into a coma with the metal bed frame and springs like they did to Rambo. Rotten communist.

Americo News‏ @AmericoNewsUS 10m10 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Officials suspect oxygen deprivation due to water torture caused death of U.S. citizen #OttoWarmbier in N. Korean prison camp.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

A glassed-over Pyongyang sounds more attractive all the time.

Best regards
    Doc

the massive brain damage/loss thing is just beyond anything i can imagine. how horrible.

those bastards killed his ass....... kept him alive for months then sent him home......look at his parents .....they knew he would never wake up......

this is wrong folks.....its just wrong......

poor dumbass wanted a poster

Rest in peace Kid....God Bless You......

what does dennis rodman have to say now........??

prick

The Self-Sustaining, Independent Nation of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by steve graham View Post
    Probably......they are so skilled at this type of brutality.......the population of NK is well versed in the evil methods these demons use......I just see no way for the population of NK going forward.........I see no way for them.........it's horrible, but it's true. How do we rescue the innocent population? There just isn't a way that I can see.......and China is a joke! They have no more control over NK.....they just play that card hoping we will all look to them to put a muzzle on the demons. Not going to happen.
    I am not being insensitive or callous here. But we do not rescue them. That is not our job. We look after ourselves.
    Last edited by auxman; 06-20-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t” – General George S. Patton

Otto was home one week when he died with his family present.
    May God grant Otto's family and friends peace and healing.
    Otto is where there is no more sadness or pain.
    Texican.

Prayers sent up for Otto's family.

Rodman is a traitor. Should move to his commie-puke "haven."
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by tiredude View Post
    those bastards killed his ass....... kept him alive for months then sent him home......look at his parents .....they knew he would never wake up......

this is wrong folks.....its just wrong......

poor dumbass wanted a poster

Rest in peace Kid....God Bless You......

what does dennis rodman have to say now........??

prick
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Prayers sent up for Otto's family.

Rodman is a traitor. Should move to his commie-puke "haven."
    rodman had nothing to do with this kids release, his parents finally came up with enough cashola to get their boy back home. and rodman isn't a commie puke, but unfortunately Tammy you don't have the critical skills necessary to understand what he really is.

RIP

https://twitter.com/nikkihaley/statu...854529/photo/1

Nikki Haley ‏Verified account @nikkihaley

3:01 PM - 19 Jun 2017
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

"Vengeance is Mine," says the LORD."

rodman had nothing to do with this kids release, his parents finally came up with enough cashola to get their boy back home. and rodman isn't a commie puke, but unfortunately Tammy you don't have the critical skills necessary to understand what he really is.
    Huh?

I don't even know where to even begin. Wow... a bunch of words put into my mouth. Not even close, none of it. I won't even bother.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    A glassed-over Pyongyang sounds more attractive all the time.

Best regards
    Doc
    I would MUCH rather see us do it the Ploesti-Dresden way rather than the Nagasaki way...
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."

Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Make sure that the hill you choose to die on is one someone else will be able to (or want to) climb to drop flowers on your grave. Make it worth SOMETHING.

Poor scared, stupid kid.

All he did was fiddle with a POSTER.

He was 21 when he did it.

MY son is 21.

21-year-olds DO STUPID THINGS SOMETIMES.

But a damn POSTER is not worth KILLING someone over.

I will never forget the poor scared kid in court---crying, begging, pleading the merciless NK's to have mercy.

The ANIMALS are incapable of it--any vestige of it has been trained out of them.

May this poor boy rest in peace, and God comfort his family.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

May he rest in peace. God bless his parents and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas321 View Post
    What in the World was he doing there in the first place?
    We will never know the truth because ALL Governments lie ALL the time.
    Fly Southwest Airlines All Throughout California And All Across The USA https://southwest.com/

Supposedly he was alive here in the USA and 3 days later he died in the USA.

https://youtu.be/DY-1VtN7pqk
    Fly Southwest Airlines All Throughout California And All Across The USA https://southwest.com/

Any excuse to go to war against North Korea.

In all the photos I have seen of Warmbier, he looks substantially older than 22. There might be more to this story than we are know.
    "Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply
    if there is a change in your circumstances"
    --Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

This is happening every day, year after year to ordinary North Korean citizens and nobody cares or does anything. Sad but true.

2) Is life for the average North Korean as bad as they say?

Yeah, it is.

As Human Rights Watch notes in gruesome detail:

North Korea remains one of the most repressive authoritarian states in the world. …Kim Jong-un continued to generate fearful obedience by using public executions, arbitrary detention, and forced labor; tightening travel restrictions to prevent North Koreans from escaping and seeking refuge overseas; and systematically persecuting those with religious contacts inside and outside the country…

[G]ross human rights violations committed by the government included murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortion, and other sexual violence, and constituted crimes against humanity.

Nothing exemplifies these violations like the gulags, or forced labor camps, run by the state. Usually, detentions there end in death — and not just for the imprisoned person. North Korea abides by the “three generations of punishment” rule. Basically, if the government thinks you committed a crime, you, your children, and your grandchildren have to suffer the consequences too.

Some North Koreans still find ways to live dignified and relatable lives despite the horrid conditions. In fact, in many ways, life in North Korea can be normal. Subway trains fill with people during rush hour in the capital city, Pyongyang. The city also now suffers from traffic jams, as more people have cars and want to get around on their own. Fashionable Western clothes are available in North Korean stores, and some North Koreans are even getting plastic surgery, despite the procedure’s illegality.

North Koreans also enjoy surfing the internet, but their choices are very limited, with fewer than 30 sites on offer. There, citizens can find a selection of North Korean recipes and films. Of course, there is also a big section that allows Kim Jong Un to show off what he is doing throughout the day.

The few superrich North Koreans — who usually work in the government, the military, or state-run businesses — aren’t too dissimilar from superrich people anywhere else. They lead fairly cosmopolitan lives, frequenting an elite area of the capital nicknamed “Pyonghattan.” They wear designer clothes, eat at fancy restaurants, and go on vacations.

But of course, that is not the norm. Out in the rural areas, “life is little more than a daily struggle to find enough food to stay alive,” Alf Evans, a British aid worker who spent time in rural North Korea in 2013, told the Telegraph. “Every scrap of earth that can be used to grow something is being used,” he continued.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/2/1...ed-kim-jong-un

So when will Trump be critiqued by the American Press for being "too strong" in his condolence statement to the Warmbiers and public condemnation of North Korea?

Obama (hail to the glorious leader) would NEVER take such a stand. And discouraged the Warmbier's from making this public.

He would have apologized for the actions of a miscreant poster thief and an obvious prime example of American hubris.

Sheesh.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego