Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

DISASTER UK: Lancaster Estate tower disaster - death toll at 79, Other Towers Evacuated!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ok, so here is another post (bottom tweet) about how it possibly started; sadly, it makes more sense. Either way, lots of people (probably) died tonight.

PerthNow‏Verified account @perthnow 2m2 minutes ago

Police are pushing people back from the area for fear the building will collapse. #grenfelltower http://trib.al/RPtKZgy

Red wine goddess‏ @gingertealkp 3m3 minutes ago

Heard the #GrenfellTower fire started on the staircase so no one could leave. Ugh. Sad, but may have been deliberately set. So sad.
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one big "little bit" now several inches taller than me

On some periscopes now.
    People still stuck down low, waving shirts out windows.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Good lord!! I've never heard of a fridge exploding in the US, but apparently it happens a lot in England:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brit...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    WTH?

All kinds of reports of dangerously defective refrigerators at the link.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stephen‏ @shindingg 56s56 seconds ago

another group of fireman with brathing equipment walking towards the tower #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire

Julia‏ @julia_spain 2m2 minutes ago

Caos and confusion #latimerroad #GrenfellTower #london

Ashan Paranahewa‏ @anp66 2m2 minutes ago
    Replying to @DrPolitiGeek

People jumping off the building ? People using flash to signal to others that they're still trapped inside ���� #grenfelltower
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one big "little bit" now several inches taller than me

ayson Ashlee‏ @Jashalee 1m1 minute ago

#GrenfellTower undergone recladding in 2015 with aluminium composite panel. Its rigid insulation likely cause of rapid fire spread

Periscope feed is back up... man in window is still there. he is screaming help me.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bA9XpTFwempNUH...BhVj_hb4U8_JBO

skynews reporter said 45 trucks on scene now.

Newton R‏ @Newtons_Laws 47s47 seconds ago

It is believed not all people made passage out of #Grenfell #Tower #Inferno. No exit possible by stairs burnt by #fire reported

Somebody tweeted to never stay in a hotel above the 6th floor since that's as high as fire truck ladders go.

Horror show.
    Many fire truck ladders can't reach past the 7th floor and this is why I've told my husband when we are traveling, I will Not Go higher than the sixth floor!

He used to poo-poo me quite 'poo-poo'dly' because of this and gave me the nickname, "Granny" but he mocks me no more and is no longer a total Pollyanna. V

Stephen‏ @shindingg 53s53 seconds ago

people been waving blankets to try and get some air #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire

Artillería Roja‏ @Arti_Roja 1m1 minute ago

UPDATE: Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has declared #GrenfellTower fire a “major incident” PHOTO: JonScammell

Someone decided to start "cleansing" London???
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Almost $2,000 per month:

Karol Foyle‏ @Lorakf 5m5 minutes ago

Photos of a level 18 Grenfell Tower flat in December 2016, just after renovations. #Grenfell

https://www.openrent.co.uk/property-...wer-w11/168071
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

The Magmatic‏ @TheMagmatic 44s45 seconds ago

The Latest: At least 15 treated for smoke inhalation https://www.apnews.com/5d455e3d66c34711a44ba10d570867e2 … #grenfelltower

Rozina Breen‏ @RozieBreen 44s45 seconds ago

"I saw a young man crying, hysterical - his family was inside & he was unable to get in." Eyewitness Abdul @bbc5live #GrenfellTower

Kay Rehman‏ @InnsLondon 59s60 seconds ago

#GrenfellTower Fire fighters still responding from all ends of the city.

Live Youtube from RT:

™🎣‏ @eayflivez 4m4 minutes ago

LIVE: People trapped in huge west London tower block inferno – reports https://youtu.be/fPT-zk50_G4 via @YouTube #BREAKING #Grenfell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPT-zk50_G4

Good lord!! I've never heard of a fridge exploding in the US, but apparently it happens a lot in England:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brit...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Most likely a propane fridge.

It's ramadam and if the building is full of muslims, I've been told that the landlords absolutely Loathe renting to 'Ramjam the Pakistani' because Packi's will pack like 17 people into one flat and absolutely trash the place.

Not surprised that this would happen if a building that tall is full of third worlders.

With the third worlders we get in Seattle, it seems every winter there will be reports of whole families being 'taken out' by carbon monoxide because they're cooking with a F'ing Hibachi in the house with no ventilation because they're used to living in shithole shacks where they're from. And the toilets! They use those for washing dishes and stuff and then go shit outside under the Rhodie bushes.

It's like transporting some medieval peasants from the past and all of the sudden putting them onto a space station.

They are literally That Backwards!

That being said, my prayers go out to the people and their pets who are caught in this building and pray that they are saved. V

Anybody seen a fire hose?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Anybody seen a fire hose?
    Very few.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    This does not bode well.

At one am, the building is full of sleeping people.

Who knows if the fire alarms and smoke detectors were working?

Were the stairwells adequate to move all of those people quickly enough?

What about people with limited mobility?

Was the fire department even able to get inside the building?

ETA - Witness' saying it took about an hour for the fire to propogate from the front to the back of the building.

I would think by law they would require fire suppression systems be installed in such buildings years ago.

What a mess . . .
    Attached Images

London Fire Brigade Retweeted
    London Ambulance‏Verified account @Ldn_Ambulance 18m18 minutes ago

Our latest statement on the #NorthKensington tower block fire. We have sent over 20 ambulance crews to the scene. More to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post

#GrenfellTower undergone recladding in 2015 with aluminium composite panel. Its rigid insulation likely cause of rapid fire spread
    @GrenfellTower: Bull Shit

@uptownmks 3m3 minutes ago

#GrenfellTower where's the ****ing things ppl can jump onto where's the ****ing helicopters why is there nothing in place for these things!

Claire‏ @Constant55 2m2 minutes ago

How dreadful the #grenfelltower fire is. Hoping and praying they get it under control and people are safe

��Rasp����������‏ @DailyRasp 2m2 minutes ago

#GrenfellTower Bizarre the speed with which this fire has moved seemingly inside and up the exterior cladding.

alpha centauri‏ @nevio59 2m2 minutes ago

#grenfelltower
    A huge tragedy hoping for so many saved lives������

Morning in London,
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
    Isn't this the same problem they had in Abu Daubi or one of those overbuilt arab cities? More than once.

Jeff
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

There was a rash of highrise fires in Dubai (and others) that involved aluminum composite cladding on the buildings. In each fire, the cladding accelerated the spread of the fire. I think someone needs to revisit their building codes.
    "This place is fantastic! It's like "Gone With The Wind" on mescaline. They walk imaginary pets here...and they're all heavily armed and drunk..."
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Apparently live per Russia Today feed,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPT-zk50_G4

How does one even begin to survive something like this?
    Attached Images

I saw pics that show at least the bottom 3 floors had aluminum cladding on them, but some of the pics look like concrete so not sure; can't say about the rest of the building.

I was able to capture some weird blue flame from the live coverage. Did they not turn the gas off????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FSrkc8ORds

I was able to capture some weird blue flame from the live coverage. Did they not turn the gas off????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FSrkc8ORds
    It looked like a person was on fire, flailing their arms around.

sky news said 120 flats.

Built in 1974 and renovated in (missed it but think 2015? 2013?)

Quote Originally Posted by vessie View Post
    Most likely a propane fridge.

It's ramadam and if the building is full of muslims, I've been told that the landlords absolutely Loathe renting to 'Ramjam the Pakistani' because Packi's will pack like 17 people into one flat and absolutely trash the place.

Not surprised that this would happen if a building that tall is full of third worlders.

With the third worlders we get in Seattle, it seems every winter there will be reports of whole families being 'taken out' by carbon monoxide because they're cooking with a F'ing Hibachi in the house with no ventilation because they're used to living in shithole shacks where they're from. And the toilets! They use those for washing dishes and stuff and then go shit outside under the Rhodie bushes.

It's like transporting some medieval peasants from the past and all of the sudden putting them onto a space station.

They are literally That Backwards!

That being said, my prayers go out to the people and their pets who are caught in this building and pray that they are saved. V
    No prayers for the muzzies, no way no how.

27 MINUTES AGO | 2.10pm

More on residents’ warnings

Residents of the tower had warned a year ago about a potential fire risk caused by rubbish being allowed to accumulate during improvement works.

“This matter is of particular concern as there is only one entry and exit to Grenfell Tower during the improvement works,” read a blog post by the Greenfell Action Group. “The potential for a fire to break out in the communal area on the walkway does not bear thinking about as residents would be trapped in the building with no way out,” it said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...ed4ad517301d75

Inert Lump chimes in:

Inert Lump‏ @_Why_try 37s37 seconds ago

What the literal f*ck. #London can't catch a break.

Radio Far Side‏ @RadioFarSide 3m3 minutes ago

#London apartment building gutted by fire is nearly burnt out; building still hasn't collapsed

Seb Costello‏Verified account @SebCostello9 4m4 minutes ago

"I've never seen anything burn so quickly".
    Locals near the Grenfell Tower fire believe a recently added cladding is to blame.
    #London

I don't know. The fire was all over the INSIDE too. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Stephen‏ @shindingg 7m7 minutes ago

the fire has pretty much gone. their is just the skeleton of the building left #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire #grenfellfire

wendy feldman‏ @Thewendyfeldman 7m7 minutes ago

How tragic yet again in #london. Would be odd for a building to be totally destroyed without something malicious
    #PrayForLondon

Jerry Wright‏ @DJJEZZ 3m3 minutes ago

#fire in West London reports of fatalities!! #London

CNN‏Verified account @CNN 5m5 minutes ago

“I saw people jumping out the window.” Witness reacts to apartment block inferno in West London http://cnn.it/2rueJoH

Stephen‏ @shindingg 48s48 seconds ago

reports of bodies on the ground covered as people been thrown or jumped #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire #grenfellfire #londonfire

✯ Natalie ✯‏ @Natalie_Oxford 2m2 minutes ago

It's almost out.. just a few fires inside the flats. #GrenFellTower
    Attached Images

Hoseok ����‏ @CeyLatte 1m1 minute ago

It's so sad knowing the emergency service arrived 30 minutes late this is just horrible all because of the cuts #GrenfellTower #LatimerRoad

^^^^^^ETA: Fire Commissioner said first units arrived less than 6 minutes after the first call went out

David Blayney‏ @blayneyblanet 1m1 minute ago

#GrenfellTower God bless those poor family's that live in this tower,pray that those that are missing are found safe ��

Heart Devon News‏ @HeartDevonNews 1m1 minute ago

.@Vinny_LBC: "The fire has died down significantly but cladding continues to rain down" #Grenfelltower #HeartNews
    Last edited by Lilbitsnana; 06-14-2017 at 03:55 AM.

reports now saying that the builing was overcrowded #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire #grenfellfire #londonfire

Many people on the lower floors trapped, does not bode well for many in the floors above. I would not doubt we could have 100+ casualty's, (maybe 200.) Fire is pretty mum on this because its obviously an on going operation. But they are cringing on what they know what lies ahead.

david carroll‏ @deplorabletoyou 6m6 minutes ago

I wonder if Isis lit this blaze. wouldn't surprise me at all. #london

Jack‏ @Time4Jack 8m8 minutes ago
    Replying to @Fulhamtweet @TuckerCarlson @FoxNews

Isis has told lone wolves to use arson and with London's recent crazy Muslim attacks, it's no stretch to think of possible snackbar #London

BABAK‏ @BABAKca 6m6 minutes ago

London Fire looks very much like Arson based on what i see on @RSBNetwork

#LondonFire #london #Arson

Mustafa K. O.‏ @MusObaidi 7m7 minutes ago

Haven't heard so many helicopters and sirens like tonight since #Baghdad in the #GulfWar. #grenfelltower #Grenfellfire #london

Very spooky:

Brandon Smith‏ @brandonsmithuk 2m2 minutes ago

#London tower block visible across the city as it continues to burn
    Attached Images

Might be a coupla days before they can get people in there to start a body count.

That structure is probably pretty fragile.

I wouldn't want to be in it.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Finally seeing some fire hoses being deployed,
    Attached Images

reports now saying that the builing was overcrowded #London #GrenfellTower #GrenfellTowerFire #grenfellfire #londonfire
    Overcrowding is pandemic everywhere and with cultures that live in close quarters just to survive, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often. The Oakland warehouse fire that killed many young people and housed too many people is a good example. Two men were arraigned today on manslaughter charges. Invite one rat in, they bring their friends.