Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Update on the Rhoden family murders in Ohio.
+ Reply to Thread

2 Update on the Rhoden family murders in Ohio.

Hmmm............

Chad Hedrick‏Verified account @WSAZChadHedrick 56s57 seconds ago

#BREAKING UPDATE: Franklin County Sheriff says search in Pike County connected to Rhoden family murders #WSAZ

UPDATE 5/13/2017 @ 8:45 p.m.

ADAMS CO., OH (WSAZ) — The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office confirms a search in Pike County is related to possible evidence in the murders of the Rhoden family, WLWT reports.

Multiple law enforcement agencies continued searching at two properties near where members of the Rhoden family were killed this week.

Investigators were searching at a property on Camp Creek Road in Piketon Saturday.

The Pike County Sheriff’s Office, Adams County Sheriff’s Office, and Franklin County Sheriff’s Office were all on scene, FCSO confirmed.

The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office says they assisted Pike County in serving a search warrant for possible evidence that would assist in the Rhoden murder case.

The farm they searched Friday is approximately 10 miles from the scene of the April 2016 slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family.

On April 22, 2016, investigators found seven adults and a teenage boy shot to death at four homes near Piketon, about 70 miles south of Columbus. Three young children were unharmed.

Video here:

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Law...422118253.html
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

I was wondering about this case just yesterday.
    "Adversity makes you stronger. Don't give in. Don't back down. And never stop doing what you know is right."

- President Donald J. Trump, US Coast Guard Academy commencement address, May 17 2017

I'm glad they didn't quit searching for the killers. That was a horrible story.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Mikey DeWine is sort of like a bulldog when he gets his teeth into a case. He really does NOT "forget about it"...
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."

Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Thank you Miss Kitty

Now for an Idaho update when deputies killed the rancher cuz a car hit his bull and then the wife had a heart attack at the scene

Whatever happened to the case where those two white girls around age 14 got killed walking along a railroad bridge? This is the one where apparently one girl made a video of the murderer using her cellphone through her clothes, and recorded his voice ordering them "Down the hill".
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Whatever happened to the case where those two white girls around age 14 got killed walking along a railroad bridge? This is the one where apparently one girl made a video of the murderer using her cellphone through her clothes, and recorded his voice ordering them "Down the hill".
    No progress as far as we can tell. They still run public service announcements on local TV periodically asking anyone who might have information to come forward. In occasional news bits, the police say they are still investigating, but it looks like it might become a cold case. I am speculating that until another murder/assault happens where they can get DNA or other evidence from the crime that matches with the girls' murder, they won't be able to solve it.
    Terri in Indiana

Give a man a fish... and he's dependent. Teach a man to fish.... and you run the risk of him never voting Democrat again.

I've been following the Delphi murders and I'm stunned at how social media has reacted to the property owner where the bodies were discovered. He was found to be in violation of his probation and was sentenced to a couple of years in prison. Many on SM found him guilty of the murders, too, even though there is not one iota of evidence to support such a claim and LE has said multiple times the owner is NOT a suspect.

Don't ever talk to LE without an attorney present, do not talk to the media and keep as much personal stuff off the net as you possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixin View Post
    I've been following the Delphi murders and I'm stunned at how social media has reacted to the property owner where the bodies were discovered. He was found to be in violation of his probation and was sentenced to a couple of years in prison. Many on SM found him guilty of the murders, too, even though there is not one iota of evidence to support such a claim and LE has said multiple times the owner is NOT a suspect.

Don't ever talk to LE without an attorney present, do not talk to the media and keep as much personal stuff off the net as you possibly can.
    Do you know what his violation was? Haven't heard anything here in IL.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I thought two bad hombres were picked up outside of Hatch New Mexico in association with the Rhoden murders. They had just killed a NM Officer. Seems like the AG of Ohio said they were wanted in connection. Never heard another word.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    Do you know what his violation was? Haven't heard anything here in IL.
    He was seen having a drink with his pizza in another town, he had access to his truck and he was seen driving at the local dump. All 3 were violations. Sad part is he only had a few months to go before his probation was completed. Now he's at New Castle in the max. security annex.

How can people kill a whole family, kill 2 teens in broad daylight without getting caught??

NewsCenter HQ‏ @NewsCenterHQ101 11m11 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Brother of Rhoden massacre victim charged w/ evidence tampering, accused of destroying GPS tracker on truck. More details soon.

John Bedell‏Verified account @JBedellWHIO 4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: @OhioAG on the first criminal charges to come out of the #Rhoden family murders in #PikeCounty.
    @whiotv
    Attached Images

WHIOTV‏Verified account @whiotv 4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Find out the latest on this man, the relative accused of tampering in the #Pike County murders case http://on.whio.com/2pItbNW

--------------

Pike County murders: Relative accused of tampering is in jail

Updated: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 @ 9:31 PM

A family member of several victims of the Pike County murders now is charged with destruction of a GPS device as part of the investigation into the slaying of eight members of the Rhoden family more than a year ago.

James Manley, 40, of Pike County is charged with single counts of tampering with evidence and vandalism, a misdemeanor of the first degree and a felony of the third degree respectively.

UPDATE @ 9:29 p.m.: Manley was booked into the Ross County Jail at 7:17 p.m., where he is being detained on the charges out of Pike County.

>>RELATED: Authorities confiscate trailer during search related to massacre

Manley is accused of removing and destroying a GPS device he found attached to his truck by investigators, according to media reports, including some citing a search warrant showing state agents were tracking the man’s vehicle.

The charges Manley faces are not uncommon when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation, according to Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine’s office.

>>RELATED: Pike County plea: ‘End this nightmare,’ Rhoden family survivors say

Manley is the older brother of Dana Manley Rhoden, who was found shot to death in her home April 22, 2016. She was one of eight people -- including Manley’s niece and nephews -- killed at four locations.

Three young children were left alive at the crime scenes.

>>RELATED: Pike County plea: ‘End this nightmare,’ Rhoden family survivors say

Dana and James Manley’s father, Leonard Manley, has said his son and other daughter Bobbie Jo Manley were questioned as suspects in the early stages of the investigation.

Leonard Manley told the Dayton Daily News six months after the murders that he was offended by the questions law enforcement asked because his children were close and Dana and her big brother had a “special relationship.”

“If they asked me what they asked my daughter and my son, I’d come across the desk and I’d beat the hell out of one of them,” he said. “They asked them how much someone paid them to kill that family.”

The charges against James Manley come after a flurry of activity in the investigation into the homicides of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families.

Officials from multiple agencies searched at least two locations Friday – a farm and a business – in Adams County.

The Pike County Sheriff’s Office, Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Ohio Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation STAR team — a task force typically reserved for prison riots — participated in the search.

By Saturday, the search also included the Franklin County Sheriff’s SWAT team. And, on that day, investigators also searched the Flying W Farm in Pike County, our news partner, WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, reported.

Those searches ended Saturday.

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/...iGIGovUY0OhEM/
    Attached Images

I haven't kept up with this one; it's too convoluted. "Special relationship" between a brother and sister???

Color me clueless but I did not know that LE could put a GPS device on your vehicle without you knowing it and then throw you in jail for taking it off.

Does anyone want to do a brief summary of what they think happened?

I haven't kept up with this one; it's too convoluted. "Special relationship" between a brother and sister???

Color me clueless but I did not know that LE could put a GPS device on your vehicle without you knowing it and then throw you in jail for taking it off.

I don't think any of us knows. It's just all too weird.

No idea what happened in regard to the murders, but apparently, IF law enforcement has a warrant for a tracking device, it is illegal to remove it from your vehicle.

Summerthyme

Jeremy Edwards‏ @jeremywsyx 3m3 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Pike County massacre investigators asking for info about former Ohio residents

Monday, June 19th 2017

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Investigators in the case of the Rhoden family murders in Pike County are asking for the public's help for information about four former Ohio residents.

Investigators in the execution-style murder investigation of eight people are asking for information regarding the following persons :

George "Billy" Wagner, III, 46
    Angela Wagner, 46
    George Wagner IV, 25
    Edward "Jake" Wagner, 24

Investigators said they're interested in any info the public may have regarding the Wagners, which could be personal, business, or otherwise. Officials specifically referenced information regarding vehicles, firearms, and ammunition.

The Wagners lived on Peterson Road in Peebles (Adams County) and are currently believed to be residing in Alaska.

Those who have information are asked to call the BCI tip line at 1-855-BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or the Pike County Sheriff's Office at 740-947-2111. Any information provided will remain confidential, and a $10,000 reward is still in effect.

http://myfox28columbus.com/story/pik...ohio-residents
    Attached Images

"Special relationship" between a brother and sister???
    Incest, perhaps.

If they are in a small village in Alaska they will stick out like a sore thumb. They will be brought in shortly for the $10,000. New ATV coming up.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

in regards to removing an unknown device from your vehicle..

is he supposed to know it was placed there by police? or even, what it is?

or is he even to recognize it, as such?

If I found some gadget on my car I would remove it, hoping it wasn't a bomb

I hope this means they're ready to charge the Wagners. As far as I'm concerned, the sun will shine a little brighter when the SOBs are a step closer to burning in hell. I thought I smelled military background in this case, but was looking at that black kid's father, not Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    I hope this means they're ready to charge the Wagners. As far as I'm concerned, the sun will shine a little brighter when the SOBs are a step closer to burning in hell. I thought I smelled military background in this case, but was looking at that black kid's father, not Angela.
    You seem to know a lot about this.

Why would they kill most of the people in that family?

WHIOTV‏Verified account @whiotv 9m9 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Family sought for information in Pike County murder investigation was in church Sunday, pastor says.

2:47 p.m Monday, June 19, 2017

The family Ohio investigators want more information on in the Pike County murders attended an Alaska church Sunday, a pastor told the Dayton Daily News and WHIO.

Investigators want information regarding four people in the Wagner family as part of the Pike County murders investigation from 2016, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Monday.

DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader asked the public for information regarding George “Billy” Wagner, III, 46, Angela Wagner, 46, George Wagner IV, 25, Edward “Jake” Wagner, 24.

They were not identified as suspects in the murders.

Kelly Cinereski, pastor at Resurrection Bay Baptist Church in Seward, Alaska said the Wagner family attended his son’s church a couple hours west in Kenai on Sunday.

Cinereski said he believes the Wagners are moving to the area, something they have been planning to do much of the decade-plus he has known them. He said he officiated George Jr.’s wedding.

“When our boys were little, our boys were friends,” he said. “They’re just good country people.”

He said none of the Wagners talked to him about the murders or investigation, but he understands it was hard on Jake Wagner, who fathered a child with one of the victims.

“I think their son went through a lot of hurt over the whole deal,” he said. “I think they’re trying to move on.”

Jake Wagner is the father of Sophia Wagner, whose mother, Hanna Rhoden, was killed along with seven other people in the early morning hours of April 22, 2016.

Last month, investigators searched a property on Peterson Road in Peebles, Ohio formerly owned by Jake Wagner and George Wagner IV.

MORE: Searches prompt more questions in Pike County case

DeWine said the Wagners formerly lived on Peterson Road in Peebles, Ohio and are currently believed to be residing in Alaska.

DeWine spokesman Dan Tierney declined to say whether Ohio investigators have reached out to authorities in Alaska.

Tom Clemons, the police chief in Seward, Alaska, told the Dayton Daily News a reporter from Ohio called him a few weeks ago to verify a tip she received regarding investigators from Ohio visiting the city of about 2,000 on Alaska’s southern coast.

Clemons said he told the reporter he was not aware of investigators coming to Seward. Clemons said he also reached out to the Alaska State Troopers, who additionally were unaware of Ohio investigators’ interest in the Wagners.

A spokesman for the Alaska State Troopers did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

Investigators in Ohio are “interested in receiving information regarding any interactions, conversations, dealings, or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals, which could be personal, business, or otherwise. Specifically, information could include, but is not limited to, information regarding vehicles, firearms, and ammunition,” a press release said.

“Those who have information are asked to call the BCI tip line at 1-855-BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or the Pike County Sheriff’s Office at 740-947-2111. Any information provided will remain confidential, and a $10,000 reward is still in effect.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...itter_2014_sfp

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    You seem to know a lot about this.

Why would they kill most of the people in that family?
    I read what other's think about the case from time to time. The theories of why the Wagners' would have murdered everyone are a mix of wanting to ensure sole custody of the youngest Wagner boy's daughter, to needing to take everyone out that would have known of the Wagner's fight with the Rhodens.

I read what other's think about the case from time to time. The theories of why the Wagners' would have murdered everyone are a mix of wanting to ensure sole custody of the youngest Wagner boy's daughter, to needing to take everyone out that would have known of the Wagner's fight with the Rhodens.
    Hmmm........... well, they're all dead and the Wagners don't have custody, am I right?

If true, it is mind-boggling.

PIKETON, Ohio (WKRC) - Questions surround the search three properties over the weekend in the Rhoden murder investigation - two of which were tied to the family of one of the victim's exes.

Jake Wagner and his brother recently sold a farm they owned on Peterson Road in Adams County. Wagner and Hanna Rhoden had a daughter named Sophie. Two to three weeks before the murders, Jake and his father tried to get Hanna to sign away her parental rights to Sophie, according to Leonard Manley, Hanna's grandfather.
    http://http://local12.com/news/local...rch-properties

Sophie, as the article above explains, was Hanna's oldest daughter, and Jake Wagner's only daughter. He had her the night of the murders, and does have her, legally, to this day.

PIKETON, Ohio (WKRC) - Questions surround the search three properties over the weekend in the Rhoden murder investigation - two of which were tied to the family of one of the victim's exes.

Jake Wagner and his brother recently sold a farm they owned on Peterson Road in Adams County. Wagner and Hanna Rhoden had a daughter named Sophie. Two to three weeks before the murders, Jake and his father tried to get Hanna to sign away her parental rights to Sophie, according to Leonard Manley, Hanna's grandfather.
    http://http://local12.com/news/local...rch-properties

Sophie, as the article above explains, was Hanna's oldest daughter, and Jake Wagner's only daughter. He had her the night of the murders, and does have her, legally, to this day.

Sigh.......... thanks. Well, if they killed the rest of the family over the child then they deserve everything they've got coming............... I wonder if we'll ever find out. You know, I remember something that one of the surviving family members said right after it happened, along the lines of, um, let it stop here or like that. Can't remember exactly, but I thought it was odd.

Maybe the wrong people married between the 2 families that did NOT get along.
    Welcome To Seattle - The Emerald City http://www.visitseattle.org/