Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ADMIN SOFTWARE UPGRADE - Status update
+ Reply to Thread

2 SOFTWARE UPGRADE - Status update

Well kids, the hardware updates are in place, the search index successfully rebuilt (finally), and things have stabilized. We now have 1.3 terabytes of SSD space at our disposal.

Today, I leased a new domain, ďtb2k-legacy.comĒ. Once we make the changeover to the new software, this version will be accessible through the above URL. Access will be READ ONLY however.

I will be reviewing the support software required for the XenForo software, as well as the conversion bids I received back in June. Iíll let the contract to someone, and hook them up with our admin. I donít have an ETA yet, but Iíll keep you all in the loop.

2. Thanks, Dennis. I have no idea what you said, but it sounds like things are going well. (I still think that TV is magic. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. I have no idea what you said, but it sounds like things are going well. (I still think that TV is magic. lol)
    Ditto !

Thanks for all your hard work Dennis!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

Look, I really don’t do anything except plan and facilitate. I sometimes work to recover, um, “unexpected issues” (lol). But I don’t do daily admin on the server these days.

So when this is all done we will have everything we have now, under new software that essentially does what we have now but better. We will also have a website that is a read-only snapshot of TB2K as of that moment, a Groundhog Day version, if you will, that operates with the existing vbulletin software in its current configuration for searching and reading only, is that about right?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Correct

So... will the new version be a "blank slate" (hope I'm misreading this!) Or will everything copy over to the updated software?

Summerthyme

Pretty sure all that needs saying is: ARE W E THERE YET?! Thanks!

Oh. And nicely done lil elves in the background! ::: Throws roses n blows kisses to the unnamed casperian heroes n heroines :::.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    She couldn't keep her colors inside the lines, so she drew new lines.

Bump for the night shift. I’ve forwarded all the necessary prelim info to our Admin. As soon as he has the requisite software installed, I’ll hire a person to port us over.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    So... will the new version be a "blank slate" (hope I'm misreading this!) Or will everything copy over to the updated software?

Summerthyme
    Pretty sure it will have everything, all posts, threads, PMs, you name it. That’s the whole point to making software that is compatible with an existing brand. Sales would be weak if you had to start over when you bought new software.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. I have no idea what you said, but it sounds like things are going well. (I still think that TV is magic. lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenErik View Post
    Ditto !
    Double ditto!!
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy55 View Post
    Double ditto!!

Geez, really guys? What isn’t clear? I’ll try to explain it.