Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Gorsuch Casts First Major Tie-Breaking Vote Allowing Arkansas Executions To Proceed
+ Reply to Thread

Gorsuch Casts First Major Tie-Breaking Vote Allowing Arkansas Executions To Proceed

ZeroHedge
    by Tyler Durden
    Apr 21, 2017 9:02 AM

In what will undoubtedly be a memorable first major tie-breaking vote as a Supreme Court Judge, Neil Gorsuch cast the deciding vote last night to allow Arkansas to begin executing a group of 8 death-row inmates. The decision came after attorneys for the State of Arkansas sought an expedited process to allow for the executions to proceed before their lethal-injection drugs expire at the end of April. Per Bloomberg:

In a series of orders Thursday night, the high court cleared the state to execute Ledell Lee, one of eight convicted murderers that Arkansas has been trying to put to death before one of its lethal-injection drugs expires at the end of the month. Associated Press later reported the execution had been carried out.

“Apparently the reason the state decided to proceed with these eight executions is that the ‘use by’ date of the state’s execution drug is about to expire," Breyer wrote. "That factor, when considered as a determining factor separating those who live from those who die, is close to random."

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan also voted to block the executions.

Shortly after the 5-4 decision, the Associated Press confirmed that the execution of Ledell Lee had been carried out and he was pronounced dead at 11:56pm. The execution was the state's first in 12 years.

Lee was the first person in a group of what had been eight men Arkansas originally planned to execute in 11 days, the most of any state in as short a period since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976.

For his part, Lee was convicted of brutally beating a woman to death in 1993 with a tire iron according to Reuters...

Lee was convicted and sentenced to death for beating Debra Reese to death with a tire iron in 1993. Reese's relatives were at the Cummins Unit and told media Lee deserved to die for a crime that ripped their lives apart.

Lawyers for Lee, who had spent more than 20 years on death row, had filed numerous motions in various courts ahead of the lethal injection that had put the process on hold.

...seemed like a swell guy.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...utions-proceed

Good for Gorsuch.

What a waste of taxpayer money for 24 years.
    A 1965 To The Present Dime Is Worth $.10 Today.
    A 1964 To The Present Dollar Bill Is Worth $1.00 Today.
    A 1964 Or Earlier Silver Dime Is Worth Over $1.25 Today.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth - Lenin

Doubt that the world will miss Mr Lee very much, but I'm clueless how his execution and those of the others was expedited for this reason. Did they have appeals going that were set aside for this? If not, why couldn't the state simply set a date and do it, instead of asking SCOTUS for the ok? Curious.

Yeah. strange.
    What would an expiry date for the drugs have to do with it? Just order some fresh.

What I also don't understand is why the state makes execution so complicated. Bullets and rope are time tested and cheap.

I find it absolutely ludicrous that an arbitrary SELL BY date, which has NO scientific basis in fact, could actually stop these *long* overdue executions! Good grief, this country is beyond hopelessly lost...

I'm waiting for some ingenius lawyer to claim the drugs used are cruel because there's some link to them possibly causing cancer 20 years down the road!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    Yeah. strange.
    What would an expiry date for the drugs have to do with it? Just order some fresh.

What I also don't understand is why the state makes execution so complicated. Bullets and rope are time tested and cheap.
    The problem with "ordering some fresh" is that manufacturers have discontinued making some of these meds, OR are refusing to sell them to the states for the purpose of execution!

And I agree about the bullets and rope... or just a carbon monoxide chamber. Sheesh... just put them down already!

Summerthyme

Potential Arkansas murderer: "hey, maybe I should go to Tennessee to do my murdering." They'd execute me here.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

I can't understand the problem of getting the execution drugs they need. Veterinarians euthenize animals all the time, or why not use the drugs used in places like Oregon for assisted suicide?

Winning, winning, winning.
    Asato Ma Sad Gama - leave illusion, come to the truth
    Tamasi Ma Jyotir Gama - leave the darkness, come to the light

You may not be interested in Islam
    But Islam is VERY interested in you

Quote Originally Posted by Chair Warmer View Post
    I can't understand the problem of getting the execution drugs they need. Veterinarians euthenize animals all the time, or why not use the drugs used in places like Oregon for assisted suicide?
    Has nothing to do with the drugs or other methods. It's just the ACLU and other commiepuke orgs trying to prevent precious criminals from being executed. They would or do protest any method of execution as inhumane. I say hanging or firing squad, if they don't like injection. They won't like those either of course.

What is an expired lethal drug going to do to you ??

Kill you??
    True North Strong and Free

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    Winning, winning, winning.
    So true!!!

I don't understand why the state doesn't just off them with a massive overdose of heroin. People die from it all the time. Fast, cheap, convenient. Just go ask on any street corner, they'll fix you right up.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    I don't understand why the state doesn't just off them with a massive overdose of heroin. People die from it all the time. Fast, cheap, convenient. Just go ask on any street corner, they'll fix you right up.
    Yep... a couple of milligrams of carfentanyl would shut them down in minutes.

But as I've said, a carbon monoxide or nitrogen chamber would work. Painless... unlike how their victims died.

Summerthyme

Is there any news about the other seven?

The states need to clean out their death rows, now.
    Once the liberal democrats regain control,
    and they will regain control, they will end capital punishment.

Its like this, murdering an innocent unborn child is
    okay with them, in fact they celebrate it, however to punish
    a incorrigible criminal, who has been convicted by a jury
    of his peers, for a heinous crime, and deserving of death,
    is so bad, that they spend millions of dollars, and decades
    keeping the convicts alive.

Killem all, get rid of them.

Good day however, as justice was finally delivered.

Regards to all deplorables,
    Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

I don't understand why the Libs are against the death penalty?? Unless they are all worried it may be them there one day?

I'll never understand why there is even a death row ! All ya need is a holding cell till ya get the rope strung up. Sentenced to death and most wind up dying of natural causes before the state can ever get around to carrying out their sentence.
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

I think executions should be public.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post

I'm waiting for some ingenius lawyer to claim the drugs used are cruel because there's some link to them possibly causing cancer 20 years down the road!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Laurane View Post
    What is an expired lethal drug going to do to you ??

Kill you??
    Perhaps they're worried an expired drug would lose its potency, and in administering a weaker drug, cause the condemned "pain and suffering" and prolong or not kill them outright. That seems likely, IMO.
    "Adversity makes you stronger. Don't give in. Don't back down. And never stop doing what you know is right."

- President Donald J. Trump, US Coast Guard Academy commencement address, May 17 2017

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwings View Post
    I don't understand why the Libs are against the death penalty?? Unless they are all worried it may be them there one day?
    Because their heads are full of s***. They see black as white, white as black, good as evil, evil as good, etcetc. Plus self serving thinking they're do-gooders.

Mercy to the cruel
    Is cruelty to the innocent

Liberals' motto is the opposite....

They think everyone is born good and the only reason they're "bad" is Evil Society Run By Republicans made them bad.